• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
You forgot the fourth option.

4. The Smash World leaker came up with a very generic name as a guess and the sound files coincidentally happened to back him up.
That is included in option 1. If ToS is fake, the smash world thing is most definitely fake.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Those patterns things,we still stickied with these,we have to grow some wings and think different.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So guys,we have some patterns of thought here

1. The sound files are real. Therefore, even matches are real. Therefore, ToS is fake.

or

2. The sound files are real. Therefore, Smash World is real. Therefore, some text leak which happens to mention that is 100% right and ToS is real, and event matches too somehow.

3. Only some of the sound files are real. Could mean anything.
Or 4. The sound files are real, but not everything was kept for the regular game. Scrapped content and all.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Or 4. The sound files are real, but not everything was kept for the regular game. Scrapped content and all.
That's what I meant for #3. Shouldn't have said not real, meant not all included. Imo there's no way they aren't all real unless the youtuber lied and faked them, haha. But yeah, if some are scrapped, we don't really know anything.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's what I meant for #3. Shouldn't have said not real, meant not all included. Imo there's no way they aren't all real unless the youtuber lied and faked them, haha. But yeah, if some are scrapped, we don't really know anything.
Ridley's Smash Run-related data was scrapped for the 3DS, so we can say it's a potential option.

But yeah, I do love how this leak always hangs on by a thread due to nothing highly supporting it, yet nothing able to debunk it even decently well.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
MAN this is exciting to read. I just had a bad day and this discussion brightens my day up. Seing this POTD from Sakurai talking about a new Smash World mode, the Tower of Smash leak that actually talked about Smash World and a whole bag filled with new characters, and more, and seing your discussion and debunking here.... man, this is fun.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Perhaps but in previous games there hasn't been any space between rows.

I do get that there may not be room column wise. I'll make an edit keeping the size of the biggest row the max row size. give me a few minutes
I was talking about along the sides again...
Yaknow, look at the real thing for a second.

The white box is lined-up with Robin's box and player UI. The exit arrow is lined up with Link's box and the player UI. It's safe to say that there's only twelve characters across.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I was talking about along the sides again...
Yaknow, look at the real thing for a second.

The white box is lined-up with Robin's box and player UI. The exit arrow is lined up with Link's box and the player UI. It's safe to say that there's only twelve characters across.
That's what I mean. 12 characters accross. 12 character rows. you can add 1 more row though. I think you are confusing row and column.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ridley's Smash Run-related data was scrapped for the 3DS, so we can say it's a potential option.

But yeah, I do love how this leak always hangs on by a thread due to nothing highly supporting it, yet nothing able to debunk it even decently well.
Reminds me of the Ridley speculation days...

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
That's what I mean. 12 characters accross. 12 character rows. you can add 1 more row though. I think you are confusing row and column.
We got our wires crossed...
Look, just forget everything else. With twelve characters across, the menus line up with the icons and leave space at the sides, just like the old rosters you've shown me.

zferolie

Smash Hero
We got our wires crossed...
Look, just forget everything else. With twelve characters across, the menus line up with the icons and leave space at the sides, just like the old rosters you've shown me.
Yeah that makes sense. I edited mine to look like the old rosters now

12 characters accross, with 5 rows of 12. I actually left the option of the last row being 10, because in the last 2 games the last row was smaller then the others.

If we go with 4 rows of 12 and 1 row of 10, that gives us 58 spots. This perfectly fills out that characters given to us by these 2 leakers. I did not put Splatoon girl but instead DLC, since that would fit the DLC button found on the 3DS. I also put Wonder red with ??? because he flip flopped on that character the most. could be someone else.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

12 characters accross, with 5 rows of 12. I actually left the option of the last row being 10, because in the last 2 games the last row was smaller then the others.

If we go with 4 rows of 12 and 1 row of 10, that gives us 58 spots. This perfectly fills out that characters given to us by these 2 leakers. I did not put Splatoon girl but instead DLC, since that would fit the DLC button found on the 3DS. I also put Wonder red with ??? because he flip flopped on that character the most. could be someone else.
5 x 12 just a 2 to 3 less is probably it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Reminds me of the Ridley speculation days...
Eh, I won't get into that. Just proves scrapped content is viable. Nothing more. I haven't much bothered to get back into that debate. We got about a month and a week. We'll find out soon enough what his true role is. Assuming Sakurai doesn't finally let the wings of war loose himself.

zferolie

Smash Hero
5 x 12 just a 2 to 3 less is probably it.
Yeah probably. that makes the most sense, given melee and brawls set. Not counting 64.

Question/Suggestion:
- What's the two blank spaces?
- Also, I would suggest putting swapping DHD and G&W.
The 2 blank spaces are there to show that while you could have spots there, it's probably not going to be any, because of how brawls and melee's looked. the bottom row were smaller then the rest, so wanted to imitate that. Seems like Sakurai likes that look.

The placement of the characters is not that relevent, in terms of the final roster. I would assume ridley would be next to samus, Mewtwo in the pokemon row, Dixie with Donkey Kong. I mainly just placed names as they came to me, but kept the clones together.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh and another one for twmporary wii u exclusive characters

How did we get to only 4 unshown characters on the site already.

And im guessing its going to be :4gaw::4jigglypuff:then :4duckhunt::4bowserjr: (and if all 8 kooplings are being played as in 1 picture that confirms 8 player mode.)

zferolie

Smash Hero
Oh and another one for twmporary wii u exclusive characters

How did we get to only 4 unshown characters on the site already.

And im guessing its going to be :4gaw::4jigglypuff:then :4duckhunt::4bowserjr: (and if all 8 kooplings are being played as in 1 picture that confirms 8 player mode.)
Also a good point. By next week he should have shown all the unlockable characters. 2 weeks if he stretches it. that's still 3 weeks of knowing everyone before the wii u. I can see he showing some of the exclusive wii u guys but not all... to still keep some a surprise.

And I wonder how 8 player mode would even work... it would be pretty damn insane.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Yeah probably. that makes the most sense, given melee and brawls set. Not counting 64.

The 2 blank spaces are there to show that while you could have spots there, it's probably not going to be any, because of how brawls and melee's looked. the bottom row were smaller then the rest, so wanted to imitate that. Seems like Sakurai likes that look.

The placement of the characters is not that relevent, in terms of the final roster. I would assume ridley would be next to samus, Mewtwo in the pokemon row, Dixie with Donkey Kong. I mainly just placed names as they came to me, but kept the clones together.
Wasn't Brawls css a completel full rectangle, though? The only game I remember that had empty spots in the roster was Melee. That's why the 3DS css bugs me so much because there's never been that much empty space on a Smash roster before, and they could have easily resized the character boxes so they'd all fully fit on the 3DS top screen if those were the only characters.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Eh, I won't get into that. Just proves scrapped content is viable. Nothing more. I haven't much bothered to get back into that debate. We got about a month and a week. We'll find out soon enough what his true role is. Assuming Sakurai doesn't finally let the wings of war loose himself.
Well, personally I'm expecting some sort of update that will dubunk/confirm this whole leak network before the game comes out. I'm surprised we've gotten so many updates without it happening yet, like you mentioned. Another month in the hole it is. At least we got Sm4sh 3DS to help us wait xD

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Well, personally I'm expecting some sort of update that will dubunk/confirm this whole leak network before the game comes out. I'm surprised we've gotten so many updates without it happening yet, like you mentioned. Another month in the hole it is. At least we got Sm4sh 3DS to help us wait xD
I need a direct announcement, Like now

zferolie

Smash Hero
Wasn't Brawls css a completel full rectangle, though? The only game I remember that had empty spots in the roster was Melee. That's why the 3DS css bugs me so much because there's never been that much empty space on a Smash roster before, and they could have easily resized the character boxes so they'd all fully fit on the 3DS top screen if those were the only characters.
I posted brawls last page

Not a complete, but close to one.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Have the secret characters been added weekly on a regular basis?
Yeah, We got ganondorf and rob today, Dark pit and doctor mario last thursday and falco, wario and ness the friday before. If this pattern continues we'll get Game and watch and bowser jr next tuesday and jigglypuff and duck hunt the monday after. Then we could have a direct announcement on the friday

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yeah, We got ganondorf and rob today, Dark pit and doctor mario last thursday and falco, wario and ness the friday before. If this pattern continues we'll get Game and watch and bowser jr next tuesday and jigglypuff and duck hunt the monday after. Then we could have a direct announcement on the friday
Well, I'll give the obligatory warning about Sakurai and following patterns, but this seems pretty good so far.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

Now let's look at another possibility. Every SSBU roster so far has had two even rows, a longer row, and a shorter row. It's pretty clear that there's going to be another row, but I believe the logic can be applied to the current roster. After all, since when have we had a roster with uneven rows like this? Take away the eight characters, and we're left with rows of 10, 12, 10, 10 and 8, or some variation to fit the different universes together. (11, 12, 10, 9, 8, for example.) Chances are, it'll fit the patern.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Now let's look at another possibility. Every SSBU roster so far has had two even rows, a longer row, and a shorter row. It's pretty clear that there's going to be another row, but I believe the logic can be applied to the current roster. After all, since when have we had a roster with uneven rows like this? Take away the eight characters, and we're left with rows of 10, 12, 10, 10 and 8, or some variation to fit the different universes together. (11, 12, 10, 9, 8, for example.) Chances are, it'll fit the patern.
But that would look really..... weird. I'm just trying to imagine it and it looks unkept

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I've been meaning to follow this, as I've heard several things. I have to ask a few things:

1) Who predicted the "Master Order" and "Crazy Order"? Are those related to this leak?

2) Who were the characters predicted? I'm clarifying here, as I've read through the Reddit thread and I can't say that guy was very convincing. Is it Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, Dixie, Inkling, Isaac...Wonder Red Assist Trophy?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I've been meaning to follow this, as I've heard several things. I have to ask a few things:

1) Who predicted the "Master Order" and "Crazy Order"? Are those related to this leak?

2) Who were the characters predicted? I'm clarifying here, as I've read through the Reddit thread and I can't say that guy was very convincing. Is it Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, Dixie, Inkling, Isaac...Wonder Red Assist Trophy?
1. Master Order, Crazy Order, Event Mode, 8 Player Brawl, Smash World, and various alternate team colors are voice clips in the SSB3DS ROM. However, they are not directly related to the ToS leak - nothing in those voice clips matches anything in the leak. I see a lot of people on the news thread taking "Master (blur)" to be confirmation of ToS, but this is incorrect because there is currently no connection between the two (in fact, many of us were suspecting the announcer sound bytes may have deconfirmed it!)

Edit: Thanks @ T Tamagon , I forgot this. There is a link, if these happen to be Master/Crazy Order, but it's a somewhat convoluted one:
Confirmed Master Order > The same voice clips mention Smash World > Smash World was predicted by Mr. Prince > Mr. Prince started his leak with "In addition to ToS." Lots of links to this chain.

2. ToS: Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, Impa, Chorus Men.
Trailers: Ridley and Waddle Dee.
Mr. Prince: Same as ToS, plus Isaac, Wonder Red (which was later recanted), and then expect Splatoon Girl later along with release of her game.

Also, one last comment on "Is that Brittany's silhouette on the PotD page?" That character clearly has her hairdo, and the face is much taller and flatter like hers and unlike any of the other Pikmin characters. The only thing wrong is the hair looks like it's going outside the helmet.

Edit: It just occurred to me that those might be silhouettes of trophies, not characters. Below and between the two game modes, to the right of that mess, I think I see Hitmontop. This would make sense, because Brittany is currently a trophy in 3DS.

Last edited:

Tamagon

Smash Rookie

1) No one. We don't know what Master Order/Crazy Order is so we can't say if it matches up to the leak or not.
2) There's two different leaks. Tower of Smash and Smash World. SW adds on to the ToS leak, so if ToS is false then so is SW. ToS says its Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, Dixie, and Impa. SW kept on changing his story but for now it's just Isaac, Inkling, and possibly Dr. Luigi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom