• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Or Smash World.
Or Special Orders.
It could say pretty much anything that has a space between two words dude.
It could. Not saying it's final Just posting this to discuss. COuld be any or none of those. Though smash world is supposedly 3DS only

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
People are thinking that the wording suggested that everyone is unlocked if you link the 2 games.

Huh I didn't notice that... Is there a bigger picture? I want to try and measure but it's very hard with that one, but it does look like some are bigger then others.

So right now we can fit 52 slots. That's about the same as 3DS if I recall(don't have the game on me atm) With shrinking you could easily get another column in to add 4 more characters, which if we go with the ToS and Smash word leaker, that could easily fight Impa, Dixie, Ridley, Mewtwo, and CHorus Kids, with 1 more slot for that DLC arrow people found in the files, for Possible Wonder red, Issac, Wolf, Lucas, and Inkling girl, and more.
I just hope this is all fake, it just doesn't seem like something Sakurai would do and the tower of smash mode is just...

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
People are thinking that the wording suggested that everyone is unlocked if you link the 2 games.

Huh I didn't notice that... Is there a bigger picture? I want to try and measure but it's very hard with that one, but it does look like some are bigger then others.

So right now we can fit 52 slots. That's about the same as 3DS if I recall(don't have the game on me atm) With shrinking you could easily get another column in to add 4 more characters, which if we go with the ToS and Smash word leaker, that could easily fight Impa, Dixie, Ridley, Mewtwo, and CHorus Kids, with 1 more slot for that DLC arrow people found in the files, for Possible Wonder red, Issac, Wolf, Lucas, and Inkling girl, and more.
Current 3DS roster has 49 I think not counting Mii Fighter. I guess they could have Miis split into 3 slots for Wii U but why would they? Plus while it is a small image I'm almost certain some of those boxes are much smaller than others. Maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm used to it by now haha.

I just hope this is all fake, it just doesn't seem like something Sakurai would do and the tower of smash mode is just...
I don't see why it's something Sakurai wouldn't do. It'd not unlock everything, obviously, just the characters you already unlocked on 3DS. So you still unlocked them, just in the handheld version. He's never had to make two versions of Smash at one time before either. Even if Tower of Smash isn't real, there could be more characters still and linking the two could unlock the characters you have on the 3DS for use right away since you already worked on getting them.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
A Final Destination mode for every stage was not something I expected from Sakurai either. If anything, the only thing Sakurai has proven to me is that he is an unpredictable fellow, so don't right it off just because you think Sakurai wouldn't do it. we don't know him well enough to know how he thinks.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Current 3DS roster has 49 I think not counting Mii Fighter. I guess they could have Miis split into 3 slots for Wii U but why would they? Plus while it is a small image I'm almost certain some of those boxes are much smaller than others. Maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm used to it by now haha.
Since you make the Mii Fighter yourself, and it doesn't show up until you do, it made sense as a single icon. You can't always choose a Mii Brawler, for instance.

I did forget that the Wii U CSS is far more unique. This is a pretty blatant mockup, but still.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
It's also possible that when he was talking about them being unlocked, he meant they didn't need to be linked to the 3DS version to gain access to them, like the supposed extra characters. Which would make sense for you to not need to link it up to the Wii U version. Also the backgrounds of those character images look weird to me. Nothing at all like the backgrounds of the 3DS css images. Also if this is the css before any resizing happens, there could be another column of characters which causes the rectangles to shrink a bit.
The reason the css screen background looks different is because there are actually moving flames behind the character portraits! This looks A LOT cooler than the 3ds css. It was confirmed to look like this during the E3 demo.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
The reason the css screen background looks different is because there are actually moving flames behind the character portraits! This looks A LOT cooler than the 3ds css. It was confirmed to look like this during the E3 demo.
That is pretty cool. That still doesn't explain the character portraits being much bigger than others in some spots though. If they were all the size of Mario and Luigis, we could fit a good bit more on there. At the very least the supposed extra characters from the ToS leak for sure.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I noticed that on the website, those 6 character slots are still there

People thought that this may have been due to there being only 6 more characters left, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore... could this be for those 5 in the ToS rumor, plus 1 more for DLC?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
If you'd like to unlock everything in Wii U separately from 3DS, you could simply not link your systems together until you've unlocked everything on Wii U. The option is yours, assuming we're correct about how this unlocking thing works.

People thought that this may have been due to there being only 6 more characters left, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore... could this be for those 5 in the ToS rumor, plus 1 more for DLC?
Or ToS 5 + Bandana Dee from that questionable trailer leak... or it could still be random placeholder stuff. Who knows? Many have tried to predict the way Sakurai's mind operates, and many have failed.

Last edited:

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
The characters missing on the select screen are Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, Falco, Duck Hunt, R.O.B., Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina, and Mii Fighters. If the roster we have were to simply fill up, we would have two characters left over. This proves that the roster either won't be perfectly rectangular or that we're going to get more characters.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

The website changes how many squares are left depending upon your resolution. It means nothing.

I'd imagine DLC might get their own icon like ??? is. But who knows. Now, any starters introduced on the Wii U version could get their own square.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation

Always been like that.

zferolie

Smash Hero
If you'd like to unlock everything in Wii U separately from 3DS, you could simply not link your systems together until you've unlocked everything on Wii U. The option is yours, assuming we're correct about how this unlocking thing works.

Or ToS 5 + Bandana Dee from that questionable trailer leak... or it could still be random placeholder stuff. Who knows? Many have tried to predict the way Sakurai's mind operates, and many have failed.
I keep hearing Bandana Dee and a trailer leak... where is this? I just... I just don't see what Bandana Dee of all things could bring... Why Not Ado/Adeline? The Painter girl. I guess she hasn't shown up as much as bandana dee, but she could bring a lot more uniqueness then Bandana dee... I think. I just think that is an odd choice.

The website changes how many squares are left depending upon your resolution. It means nothing.

I'd imagine DLC might get their own icon like ??? is. But who knows. Now, any starters introduced on the Wii U version could get their own square.
I never knew that. So it's a resolution thing to not have any blank spots huh?

Always been like that.
Ok. I noticed it after someone else pointed it out when the clones where shown.

The characters missing on the select screen are Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, Falco, Duck Hunt, R.O.B., Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina, and Mii Fighters. If the roster we have were to simply fill up, we would have two characters left over. This proves that the roster either won't be perfectly rectangular or that we're going to get more characters.
The not perfectly rectangular part gets me. Sakurai seems like an OCD kinda person... he wouldn't have a screen like that not be even in some way

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Does anyone else think that he'll confirm whatever this is by Friday? I think we'll see what this is tomorrow.
With "Tower of Smash" being related to "Smash World" which is also related to "Master/Crazy Orders" (I'm assuming it's Orders, as was said in the sound files)
I'd say that it's actually gaining credibility here. A lot of people said otherwise. I quote from Reddit "This looks like the final nail in the coffin for ToS" But I'm sure this is a good thing.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I don't know about you guys, but I find the idea of leaked trailers to be absolute bull. If these are indeed real, they would be recorded by now.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
That is probably a mock up, but also probably based on the actual design of it. I did the math, and it could fit 52 characters on there.so there is room for 3 more characters then the 3DS screen. If it's just a mock up they could possibly fit even more, like resizing and such.

Now, this was posted on another thread here

It LOOKS like it could say tower of smash there. Also, the leaker said tower of smash is a solo mode, so it makes sense that it would be in solo and not where smash run is. Smash run is not solo, and I think whatever mode they may have in smash runs place would be multipler.

That is IF the menu's look exactly the same.

So I think the leaks are still alive. Both of them
Nope. I tried my best to get as close to the font size as possible using "Games & More" and "Solo", and tried out a few different ideas. None of them work.

Dean Lawrence

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiseUpAndFight
3DS FC
1246-8874-5343
I don't know if you guys are counting wrong or something, but there is only enough space for 7 more characters on the CSS shown. But with 9 more to be unlocked, the icons will have to be scaled down. So that would open up much more space. I Got rid of the extra spaces above and below the icons, and it makes exactly enough space for another row without scaling.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested in those character silhouettes in the bottom left and center. Anyone see anything I'm not seeing? All I can pick out is olimar and wario. But some other ones don't look like anything I've seen before.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't know if you guys are counting wrong or something, but there is only enough space for 7 more characters on the CSS shown. But with 9 more to be unlocked, the icons will have to be scaled down. So that would open up much more space. I Got rid of the extra spaces above and below the icons, and it makes exactly enough space for another row without scaling.
Do you have a picture to show of this? I myself am working on something as well

ferioku

Smash Ace

Well the guy worded it different and I'm just going to say this is fake till proven otherwise.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I keep hearing Bandana Dee and a trailer leak... where is this? I just... I just don't see what Bandana Dee of all things could bring... Why Not Ado/Adeline? The Painter girl. I guess she hasn't shown up as much as bandana dee, but she could bring a lot more uniqueness then Bandana dee... I think. I just think that is an odd choice.
It's several pages back, and honestly it's not even worth searching for. It's just a text description of trailers for Ridley and Bandana Dee. Personally, I don't trust it at all, but if I don't want to be a hypocrite I'm forced to at least acknowledge it since I'm already supporting ToS as a text leak.

From my perspective, it reads like fanfiction and offers nothing verifiable. It literally cannot be proven or disproven until it actually happens or doesn't happen.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

I'm doubtful it's a mock-up. The information on the top of the screen was likely removed so they could use the picture on the English and Japanese sites, and or to avoid spoiling something. (Japan likes to toss in random English, so "ready!" and "my Mario" aren't out of place.)
And take a look at the orange/white background for the fighters' icons. Notice how they're all unique? That'd be because it's essentially a window to the background behind it. You're not Photoshoping that easily. And why would they? A generic orange background would of worked if this is just for demonstration.

This'd be a huge blow to the whole leak. There's no denying. To me, this combined with Sakurai's statements that he wouldn't favor those with both games, gives me no reason to listen any further.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm interested in those character silhouettes in the bottom left and center. Anyone see anything I'm not seeing? All I can pick out is olimar and wario. But some other ones don't look like anything I've seen before.
Olimar? That... actually looks more like Brittany. I would kill for an alt Brittany costume.

zferolie

Smash Hero
It's several pages back, and honestly it's not even worth searching for. It's just a text description of trailers for Ridley and Bandana Dee. Personally, I don't trust it at all, but if I don't want to be a hypocrite I'm forced to at least acknowledge it since I'm already supporting ToS as a text leak.

From my perspective, it reads like fanfiction and offers nothing verifiable. It literally cannot be proven or disproven until it actually happens or doesn't happen.
Ok. thanks for the summery.

Is. Leak deconfirmed now?
:crying:
No. not yet

I'm doubtful it's a mock-up. The information on the top of the screen was likely removed so they could use the picture on the English and Japanese sites, and or to avoid spoiling something. (Japan likes to toss in random English, so "ready!" and "my Mario" aren't out of place.)
And take a look at the orange/white background for the fighters' icons. Notice how they're all unique? That'd be because it's essentially a window to the background behind it. You're not Photoshoping that easily. And why would they? A generic orange background would of worked if this is just for demonstration.

This'd be a huge blow to the whole leak. There's no denying. To me, this combined with Sakurai's statements that he wouldn't favor those with both games, gives me no reason to listen any further.
Honestly I don't think this breaks the leak. The leak sounded like you unlocked everyone by linking the games. I think it may prove that there are more fighters though... If this is the starting screen on the wii u, that means that they are turning some fighters into starters. 4 to be exact. So they could replace those 4 with 4 or 5 more unlockables. It would be weird for the Wii U to have LESS unlockables.

And now, for my picture of moving this around, and filling in all the characters known through these 2 leaks (ToS and Smash World) plus adding in missing returning characters

I just moved rows around to remove any black space. I see that there is also some black space in the columns which I cannot remove that easily, and if you got rid of those it would fit the screen unlike it is now.

So they can fit a hell of a lot more characters on that screen easily. I see it happening if just through DLC, even if we don't get any more unlockables by connecting

Johnpiece

Smash Rookie
I see what you mean there. I feel like the purple one may be Luigi upside down? No clue though... the one behind it appears to have tiny arms like Squirtle lol

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I hate this I keep getting my hope up for my mains :popo::lucas::wolf: I still try to convice myself they are stranded after Wolf's Ship crashed and they are in the Great sea. Meanwhile :4ness::4tlink::4fox: are out searching (wind Waker style trying to find them while this plays
I hope to Groose that the Tower of Smash/ World leak is true...... there's so much at steak for all of us :'(

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Olimar? That... actually looks more like Brittany. I would kill for an alt Brittany costume.
Yep that's definitely not olimar (Notice the arms, legs, different head shape and overall more feminine pose)

Also britanny makes perfect sense, With alph being an alt having brittany would represent pikmin 3 as well as bring in another female. Maybe this is why alph didn't get clone status while doctor mario and dark pit did. I could see britanny pulling a lucina

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Honestly I don't think this breaks the leak. The leak sounded like you unlocked everyone by linking the games. I think it may prove that there are more fighters though... If this is the starting screen on the wii u, that means that they are turning some fighters into starters. 4 to be exact. So they could replace those 4 with 4 or 5 more unlockables. It would be weird for the Wii U to have LESS unlockables.

And now, for my picture of moving this around, and filling in all the characters known through these 2 leaks (ToS and Smash World) plus adding in missing returning characters

I just moved rows around to remove any black space. I see that there is also some black space in the columns which I cannot remove that easily, and if you got rid of those it would fit the screen unlike it is now.

So they can fit a hell of a lot more characters on that screen easily. I see it happening if just through DLC, even if we don't get any more unlockables by connecting
Chances are that there's supposed to be black borders. Look at the top-right grey box, it lines up with the name/controller/player UI on the bottom. The characters should also be aligned. Just think, how many console games have everything crammed up against the sides of the TV? There's an intentional gap.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yep that's definitely not olimar

Also britanny makes perfect sense, With alph being an alt having brittany would represent pikmin 3 as well as bring in another female. Maybe this is why alph didn't get clone status while doctor mario and dark pit did
The Pikman is right but the olimar looks wrong. Like they are cross legged or something.

Could be Brittany but would it just be a clone of Olimar but with Rock Pikmen and other things?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guys focus

Thats a 4 x 12 on that

3 of the 51 can't fit

Theres got to be 1 more row

The 3 plus a couple of more helps the theory on temporary wii u exclusives

But does not help ToS due to some of the unlockables missing (the only protection right now is thats a incomplete section.)

zferolie

Smash Hero
Chances are that there's supposed to be black borders. Look at the top-right grey box, it lines up with the name/controller/player UI on the bottom. The characters should also be aligned. Just think, how many console games have everything crammed up against the sides of the TV? There's an intentional gap.
Well it is on the 3DS but thats a good point. Still, there is a lot of Row black space so they can still easily fill in another row.

Guys focus

Thats a 4 x 12 on that

3 of the 51 can't fit

Theres got to be 1 more row

The 3 plus a couple of more helps the theory on temporary wii u exclusives

But does not help ToS due to some of the unlockables missing (the only protection right now is thats a incomplete section.)
And we still aren't sure that the leaker didn't mean everything gets unlocked by linking

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Well it is on the 3DS but thats a good point. Still, there is a lot of Row black space so they can still easily fill in another row.

And we still aren't sure that the leaker didn't mean everything gets unlocked by linking
Or the black space is so things don't look crammed horizontally, like they do in the picture.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So guys,we have some patterns of thought here

1. The sound files are real. Therefore, even matches are real. Therefore, ToS is fake.

or

2. The sound files are real. Therefore, Smash World is real. Therefore, some text leak which happens to mention that is 100% right and ToS is real, and event matches too somehow.

3. Only some of the sound files are included. Some got cut. Could mean anything.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Or the black space is so things don't look crammed horizontally, like they do in the picture.
Perhaps but in previous games there hasn't been any space between rows.

I do get that there may not be room column wise. I'll make an edit keeping the size of the biggest row the max row size. give me a few minutes

Tamagon

Smash Rookie
So guys,we have some patterns of thought here

1. The sound files are real. Therefore, even matches are real. Therefore, ToS is fake.

or

2. The sound files are real. Therefore, Smash World is real. Therefore, some text leak which happens to mention that is 100% right and ToS is real, and event matches too somehow.

3. Only some of the sound files are real. Could mean anything.
You forgot the fourth option.

4. The Smash World leaker came up with a very generic name as a guess and the sound files coincidentally happened to back him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom