• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
Guys, you're forgetting something. Didn't we come to the conclusion that the leaker leaked from Europe. In Europe the release date is December 5th. He didn't get it right.

Elegant

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping it isn't true. The full roster should be on 3ds atm there shouldn't be any other character appearing from linking wiiu and 3ds. Seems like more reaching.
I disagree with this. They have stated at a point in development that the Wii U version was being held back by the 3DS's limitation; wouldn't this mean that the Wii U version will be worse than it could have been?

This is why we don't have the Ice Climbers. Apparently the 3DS couldn't handle them. Personally, I hope that the Wii U version has more diversity and characters with possible DLC because it shouldn't be held back because of an inferior console.

Maybe that's why the port is taking so long o.o

Strofirko

Smash Master
I think this leak is surviving too much without any evidence to prove it or debunk it.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
So basically, Spainkiller's leak was incorrect on the release date. The TOS leaker said Spainkiller's leak was true. This leak is dead. :(

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
If I recalled correctly, didn't the leaker say that November 21st would be the release date for the US? Here is the link just in case to back up my argument. No disrespect or anything.

http://i.imgur.com/73yoyiY.png
Oh my..he even stated it for the US. This helps him out a lot. <3

Stop what? I'm giving some reasonable input here. I hope to god that I'm wrong, but I think this leak just took a turn for the worse.
Except you're very wrong.

Last edited:

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
Oh my..he even stated it for the US. This helps him out a lot. <3

Except you're very wrong.
Whew. Thank god. I was really scared there for a second. If anything, the fact a European leak posted the US release and got it right boosts its credibility.

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
Honestly I think this leak is very similar to the Gematsu leak (which despite getting some things wrong I still believe that the leaker source was legit) and like the Gematsu leak we have no idea what the leaker saw and heard and how they may have interpreted it. Like the Gematsu leak where the leaker saw Chrom and mistaken him for playable this leaker may very well made some mistakes as well. This leak is a wild card and until we have more info its is basically impossible to call it fake or not but the info we've seen, the release date being correct and the fact that the leak has been live for this long are all very good signs.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Not quite yet, it certainly has a dent in its armor though.
Yea thats what im with

I man that shows what stage but the wii u version has a ton more songs per stage how do we know mt dedede theme is not one of them.

It's still possible of a mix up of kirby super star games

But this is a rabbit punch to the rumor

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Once again, lets wait for more PotDs and maybe a direct and our doubts will be answered, no point in running in circles now. We know that different songs happen in one stage, therefore, each song doesn't mean a stage necessarily. So let's not assume anything at all from the music. Let's just wait for visual evidence that either supports or contradicts the rumors. Good day.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I want it to be real. I hella doubt it is and I feel like it's being hyped up for nothing but if this is actually real I'll be so stoked.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Impa using her Skyward Sword design over her Hyrule Warriors design...oh god why can't we have nice things?
Because Hyrule Warriors is too new to get any Smash representation (I highly doubt that Sakurai had spoken with the developers for that title.). If anything, we will probably get a new Impa design inspired by Skyward Sword with realistic proportions.

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
I don't get it. Why would a soundtrack debunk the rumor? It doesn't state anything about a full list of songs, priorietary tracks, etc. Are you guys implying that it's a strange method of registerimg versus linking the 2 games (as the rumor states)?

Honestly, I feel his only proves that nintendo is pushing hard for people to buy both, and clearly another method would be unlockable characters by linking the two...

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Great Cave Offensive being a song on the WiiU means nothing. If any of you haven't noticed, Gear Gateway is one of the themes for Jungle Japes. What's to say this Great Cave Offensive/Mt Dedede don't share 2 theme's? And didn't we conclude that Great Cave Offensive was shown to us through the leak? The issue isn't whether its a stage, but rather that Mt Dedede is part of it or not.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So... Pikmin 2 stage confirmed on WiiU? :awesome:

Wait, isn't that song (stage Select from Pikmin 2) on Distant Planet?

Edit: Nevermind, I mixed up with the World Map music from Pikmin 2.

Last edited:

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
Indeed it does.
I really just want it to be real, and just one simple PoTD can either destroy or confirm the leak. Sakurai probably won't announce all of the stages, that just doesn't seem like something he would do. In my mind, if he announces five or more stages that are on the leak, then it's most likely real. We probably won't know until the game comes out, though.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I don't think the release being 11/21 helps the leak that much, as that date has shown up several times. Plus, wasn't the leak missing Orbital Gate?

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
So... Pikmin 2 stage confirmed on WiiU? :awesome:

Wait, isn't that song (stage Select from Pikmin 2) on Distant Planet?
Yes it is, it's on the 3DS version as well, seems more like it's a combination of both than just being exclusive to each game.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I really just want it to be real, and just one simple PoTD can either destroy or confirm the leak. Sakurai probably won't announce all of the stages, that just doesn't seem like something he would do. In my mind, if he announces five or more stages that are on the leak, then it's most likely real. We probably won't know until the game comes out, though.
Well, its certain he will reveal the exclusive mode, which is really what will determine the validity. And if there are indeed more characters, they would market them to help hype the WiiU. So even if we get the game, and the stages don't matchup, it wouldn't matter because all of the necessary parts will have been hypothetically covered.

Last edited:

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
Well, its certain he will reveal the exclusive mode, which id really what will determine the validity. And if there are indeed more characters, they would market them to help hype the WiiU. So even if we get the game, and the stages don't matchup, it wouldn't matter because all of the necessary parts will have been hypothetically covered.
True. I would imagine when Sakurai announces the new game mode, if it's anything like the Tower of Smash, then the leak would be confirmed as real, if it's not even anything close to the Tower of Smash, then the leak would be confirmed as fake. I would imagine there being a direct a few weeks before the games release and it covering alot of things in the game along with the new game mode. If the leak actually ends up being fake, then I, personally, wouldn't care. I do hope the leak is true, though.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I bet the Kirby stage is a Super Star mix of levels / areas, with Great Cave Offensive as one of them, with different music tracks for each area, like the 3DS Dream Land stage.

Or, of course, it actually is just Great Cave Offensive, but we don't know that for sure yet, and we don't even know if it's actually just a stage.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I don't think the release being 11/21 helps the leak that much, as that date has shown up several times. Plus, wasn't the leak missing Orbital Gate?
Yeah we've seen the 21st date thrown around a couple times. Still it does line up so, I'll just give credit where it's due.

The Great Fox is what was believed to be the now confirmed Orbital Gate stage.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yeah we've seen the 21st date thrown around a couple times. Still it does line up so, I'll just give credit where it's due.

The Great Fox is what was believed to be the now confirmed Orbital Gate stage.
It could be the same case for this

He/she saw the mine cart picture and thought the castle in th background was mt dedede

But thats a no if he has played kirby super star before.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It could be the same case for this

He/she saw the mine cart picture and thought the castle in th background was mt dedede

But thats a no if he has played kirby super star before.
I'm not entirely sure he/she even saw thaw minecart picture. This person could have went off of something totally different to name the stages the way he did.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
I did not know what the great cave escape was before the forums showed me. I could have made the same mistake as the leaker did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom