• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
This makes too much sense. Why are we getting it before even Japan? Particularly with the Sakurai-bias we've seen thus far. The only thing I can think of is that NoA is trying to push SSB4U for black friday in order to drum up holiday console sales, but that doesn't explain then why Japan has to wait. I also find it suspicious that they just posted the release without any fanfare.

They're planning something, I just hope that that something involves a certain purple space dragon and a certain mutant lab experiment gone wrong..
I really hope you're right lol, after all, Sakurai loves hype trains, and the wii u version needs one in all its glory right now :p

Also, i think it's just fair that we are getting it before japan, since they get everything before us everytime, i think it makes perfectly sense and it's fair that they want to do that for us haha.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
So 21st is real, eh? At least we won't have to wait long to find out if we've got surprise characters like Ridley and Mewtwo yet. It may be pathetic how much I want them to be in, but it sure does mean a lot to me that they are. Even if Tower of Smash isn't legit, it would make sense to hold back a few characters for Wii U hype. Just hope they decided to do this.

Werner Herzog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jack_Sjunior
3DS FC
1864-9302-8583
Guys, I don't want to sound negative - I personally am optimistic about this leak - but the release date changes nothing. It's the same weekend that Nintendo releases their big holiday titles every year. Barring some apocalyptic delay to 2015, it is literally the only day that makes sense from a business perspective. Guessing the date has been the easiest thing in the world ever since April, when the direct listed Winter 2014 as the release window. I want this to be real as badly as anyone, but I think it's better to avoid taking stock in non-evidence.

On the positive side, if Tower of Smash is indeed a thing, then I expect we'll see it soon. With the game only about six weeks away and the official PR push begun, a reveal of major modes could happen any day now, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get another Direct entirely very soon. I think everyone should remember that whether or not the leak is accurate, there is still so much we don't know about the Wii U version. It's truly an exciting time!

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Guys, I don't want to sound negative - I personally am optimistic about this leak - but the release date changes nothing. It's the same weekend that Nintendo releases their big holiday titles every year. Barring some apocalyptic delay to 2015, it is literally the only day that makes sense from a business perspective. Guessing the date has been the easiest thing in the world ever since April, when the direct listed Winter 2014 as the release window. I want this to be real as badly as anyone, but I think it's better to avoid taking stock in non-evidence.

On the positive side, if Tower of Smash is indeed a thing, then I expect we'll see it soon. With the game only about six weeks away and the official PR push begun, a reveal of major modes could happen any day now, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get another Direct entirely very soon. I think everyone should remember that whether or not the leak is accurate, there is still so much we don't know about the Wii U version. It's truly an exciting time!
Wholeheartedly agree. Now that marketing has been push exclusively for the WiiU version, we are expected to hear more things about it, which may disprove or validate the ToS rumor.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
That was leaked by multiple sources quite a while back, it's not really impressive that he agreed with it.
The amazing part is that no one picked the december release dates. Everyone thought 21st November was for all.

Werner Herzog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jack_Sjunior
3DS FC
1864-9302-8583
The amazing part is that no one picked the december release dates. Everyone thought 21st November was for all.
But to be fair, neither did s/he. No mention was made of the December dates in other territories. To play the doubter role for a second, naming the 21st for the US specifically could be a way to cover for the possibility (probability really) of it not being released simultaneously worldwide, since only the US date was so predictable.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
But to be fair, neither did s/he. No mention was made of the December dates in other territories. To play the doubter role for a second, naming the 21st for the US specifically could be a way to cover for the possibility (probability really) of it not being released simultaneously worldwide, since only the US date was so predictable.
though was it really predictable? A lot of people thought that wouldn't happen, because it is the same date as Pokemon, and people thought releasing 2 huge games on the same day is going to kill the sales of one.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
though was it really predictable? A lot of people thought that wouldn't happen, because it is the same date as Pokemon, and people thought releasing 2 huge games on the same day is going to kill the sales of one.
Not everyone believed that though, only a handful. After all 3D World and ABLW were released the same day. Plus, it's the last Friday before Black Friday, it isn't too hard to come up with that.

Not to mention in the past, there has been leaks about the Nov 21st date from various sources including stores.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Not everyone believed that though, only a handful. After all 3D World and ABLW were released the same day. Plus, it's the last Friday before Black Friday, it isn't too hard to come up with that.

Not to mention in the past, there has been leaks about the Nov 21st date from various sources including stores.
i forgot those 2 were released on the same day as well. And I have seen other leaks saying that date, just some thought it would be odd.

All in all, it's a point towards this rumor, but doesn't confirm the rumor as gospel

Naoshi

i forgot those 2 were released on the same day as well. And I have seen other leaks saying that date, just some thought it would be odd.

All in all, it's a point towards this rumor, but doesn't confirm the rumor as gospel
I definitely agree with that. The rumor really has a lot to prove itself to reach such a status.

It has made too many safe guesses (Onett, Game & Wario stage, argubly Smashville and the release date). But has also got things wrong due to either being actually fake or the leaker misinterpreting things big time (Orbital's Great Fox and possibly Great Cave Offensive's castle).

Hopefully we'll see something definite soon...

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I definitely agree with that. The rumor really has a lot to prove itself to reach such a status.

It has made too many safe guesses (Onett, Game & Wario stage, argubly Smashville and the release date). But has also got things wrong due to either being actually fake or the leaker misinterpreting things big time (Orbital's Great Fox and possibly Great Cave Offensive's castle).

Hopefully we'll see something definite soon...
I have a feeling that great cave offensive's looking stage is tied to tower of smash or another mode somehow. Mainly due to them saying different rules, plus it would be very fitting for an alt mode to travel from one area to another via mine cart, since sakurai really loves anything Kirby related

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
With the release date confirmed we'll probably get some actual POTD info about SSBU in the following weeks.

If Sakurai does reveal a mode that isnt actually called Tower of Smash, but its like what the leaker said, how would that impact its legitamacy?

Either way the Wii u is going to have some big game mode like Smash Run, hopefully thats not it cause that was worst than SSE.

Last edited:

Naoshi

With the release date confirmed we'll probably get some actual POTD info about SSBU in the following weeks.

If Sakurai does reveal a mode that isnt actually called Tower of Smash, but its lke what the leaker said, how would that impact its legitamacy?
I would be confused as hell as to how he can get the mode's name wrong if he knows each and every detail about it lol

I have a feeling that great cave offensive's looking stage is tied to tower of smash or another mode somehow. Mainly due to them saying different rules, plus it would be very fitting for an alt mode to travel from one area to another via mine cart, since sakurai really loves anything Kirby related
I can see this being a thing. I'm leaning towards stage but Sakurai can be an unpredictable man...

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I would be confused as hell as to how he can get the mode's name wrong if he knows each and every detail about it lol

I can see this being a thing. I'm leaning towards stage but Sakurai can be an unpredictable man...
That could've been a placeholder name since it's obviously based on soul caliburs tower of souls

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Maybe its just like with the stages that he could have just seen pictures or video that involved a Tower and just assumed the name.

Fake or not I recall That major Pokemon X and Y leaker got things on his leak wrong and Gemetsu got everything right minus Chrom, Chorus kids, and Shulk being revealed instead of Robin.

Last edited:

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Either way, if there are characters that are being withheld. We would most assuredly find out sometime in Nov. I think everyone agrees that the reason extra characters may exist is for the purpose of WiiU hype. So, not announcing them before the 21st would make little to no sense from a marketing standpoint.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Either way, if there are characters that are being withheld. We would most assuredly find out sometime in Nov. I think everyone agrees that the reason extra characters may exist is for the purpose of WiiU hype. So, not announcing them before the 21st would make little to no sense from a marketing standpoint.
We'll probably be getting a direct sometime in november anyway (maybe october if we're lucky) So one of them will without a doubt be revealed then

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
We'll probably be getting a direct sometime in november anyway (maybe october if we're lucky) So one of them will without a doubt be revealed then
I would rather expect a direct coming by the end of this month, but that's just me. Meanwhile i guess we got the PotDs... every day from now on is going to be really thrilling

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
So are people just completely ignoring the Great Cave Offensive thing now because of the release date?
November 21st was an extremely predictable release date, especially seeing as it's when Nintendo's holiday titles came out last year too.

Don't get me wrong, I WANT this to be real, but that Great Cave Offensive stage is a pretty big red flag.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
So are people just completely ignoring the Great Cave Offensive thing now because of the release date?
November 21st was an extremely predictable release date, especially seeing as it's when Nintendo's holiday titles came out last year too.

Don't get me wrong, I WANT this to be real, but that Great Cave Offensive stage is a pretty big red flag.
We are not ignoring anything, if you mean that vague picture of a stage that was posted on facebook, we don't have enough details to know what stage that is yet. Until further information in PotDs, we can't really talk much about it for now.

zferolie

Smash Hero

We don't even know if it's a stage or what. It's just a picture with kirby and pikachu in a mine cart, and it says different rules for this stage. It could be a stage, it could be part opf a mode. It could be an event. We don't know.

it hurts it a bit yes but until we see more then just that picture with that text we can't fully say

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Hm. Is it wrong to say that I think that the Great Cave Offense stage will turn out to be a transforming stage, referencing the times from Kirby Super Star? Maybe it could be that or the Great Cave Offense could be just on it's own. As for the release date, people have been predicting that since back in July or possibly earlier than that. That was more of a no surprise. *Silence fills the air* Okay, maybe abit of a surprise, but still, would anyone guess that right? Only time will tell.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Um, that just says there is that music in the game... Does Egg Planet mean there is an Egg planet stage?

This doesn't prove anything whatsoever. The game has had music from HUNDREDS of games
Lol you beat me there, I was just about to say that even the Xenoblade's stage has different song themes from different places and moments in the original game, so there is no way to prove that each song theme's name is going to be a stage or anything. I think the chances are still 50/50 .

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
It does slice the ToS leak a little chunk though.. It does make the Kirby stage seem more clear.
A barely chunk. If all the music they had listed were a main stage music, then I would be more willing to agree, but only 2 or 3 listed are main stage themes. The rest just seem to be random themes picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom