• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
too good to be true. First rule of leaks: if some aspect of it isn't completely disappointing, then it's not true.
Well, it's not 100% sunshine and daisies.

[collapse=Not these]

&

[/collapse]

Several cuts still exist, no event matches, Rainbow Cruise is back... Still a fantastic possibility and I really hope for it but it's not perfect

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I personally believe the leak is false. I feel like every leak mentioning Chorus Kids is just piggybacking off of Gematsu, to be honest. Plus, Ridley and Mewtwo? Too good to be true. I'd rather be unbelieving and be pleasantly surprised then expect something and be let down.

That said, Tower of Smash would be an awesome mode. It sort of reminds me of the Battle Pike from Pokémon Emerald, but with healing. How would 100 floors work though? That would be a long mode. Could you save and come back later?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'll wait until we see confirmation of the existence of such a mode before I make my Tower Climb Team. If anything, judging by my top 4:
Shulk :4shulk:Lucina :4lucina: Duck Hunt :4duckhunt: and Dr. Mario:4drmario:.

Also, I do think that even if Sakurai hints at the existence of this mode, I'll question this leak's validity. He could be:
"Pic of the Day. Here's our new mode exclusive to the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros, Tower of Smash!" If we do see something like that... But we're just speculating.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
That said, Tower of Smash would be an awesome mode. It sort of reminds me of the Battle Pike from Pokémon Emerald, but with healing. How would 100 floors work though? That would be a long mode. Could you save and come back later?
From what the leak said, you could start from the 10th, 20th or n0th floor, like a rewarding checkpoint after the boss battle.

Shaymikyu

Yeah, if Sakurai actually mentions the mode by name or even hints at that kind of mode, I'll give the leak more consideration, like when all of those PotDs happened to match up with the Duck Hunt/Dr. Mario/etc. leak. Of course, that one had video evidence as well.

EDIT: Okay, that makes sense. 100 floors in one sitting would be extreme.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I personally believe the leak is false. I feel like every leak mentioning Chorus Kids is just piggybacking off of Gematsu, to be honest. Plus, Ridley and Mewtwo? Too good to be true. I'd rather be unbelieving and be pleasantly surprised then expect something and be let down.

We have yet to have the 6th pokemon rep and mewtwo is one of the most requested characters and ridley has been teased for well over a year.

Also gematsu could still be partially right and the chorus kids are in, I mean 8/10 characters is still good and there's no way he guessed wii fit trainer

I agree that we shouldn't believe this right away but having basically the 2 most requested characters doesn't discredit it

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I didn't mean Mewtwo didn't make sense, I just meant that it seemed too good to be true. I guess I'm just a cynic.

My personal theory is that Gematsu was right but had very old info, hence why Chrom was there instead of Robin and Greninja was just "a Pokémon from X and Y."

Sorry if I offended any supporters.:( I'm certainly not against them being in.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I didn't mean Mewtwo didn't make sense, I just meant that it seemed too good to be true. I guess I'm just a cynic.

My personal theory is that Gematsu was right but had very old info, hence why Chrom was there instead of Robin and Greninja was just "a Pokémon from X and Y."

Sorry if I offended any supporters.:( I'm certainly not against them being in.
I'm more iffy on the part about having everything (characters and stages) unlocked from the start, like that's the purpose of having solo mode to begin with.

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
Fake. I don't think they would release the Wii U version with the 3rd Gen remakes of Pokemon on the same week and day. That wasted profit to pick one or the other.
Umm, not that I think this is real... but Super Mario 3D World , A Link Between Worlds, AND mario party released on the SAME DAY.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Who The Hell Would Fake Leak Endless Ocean as a Smash Bros Stage??, That's like 5X Less People knows about that series then before Gematsu Came along and ''Hey Idiots There is a Series Called Rhythm Heaven and its getting a Character!''. No One Sane Literally knows What Endless Ocean is and that is what is pulling me towards it, They must have done Some SERIOUS Research on Nintendo Games to say what Endless Ocean is. And that 'Tower of Smash' Mode sounds like the 100 floor Pit Challenges in the Paper Mario Games Which will be fun, one last thing Chris (Kirbopher) in a Discussion with GameXplain told them that when I went to play Smash Bros a Nintendo Rep told him that Bosses would appear in Smash Run such As Kraid and a 'Big Kremlin Enemy' (K.Rool or Clubba Perhaps?)

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Umm, not that I think this is real... but Super Mario 3D World , A Link Between Worlds, AND mario party released on the SAME DAY.
Thanks for reciting info I know for a while. And at the same consideration, sales are going to be ok, but definitely not optimal.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
People, Endless Ocean sold enough to warrant a sequel. Just because YOU didn't play it doesn't mean nobody else did. I think an Endless Ocean stage would be awesome, fyi.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Thanks for reciting info I know for a while. And at the same consideration, sales are going to be ok, but definitely not optimal.
I can't see them launching the game after Black Friday though.

Of course it's still possible to launch it earlier in November, but... the same day as ORAS is really not out of the question.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
People, Endless Ocean sold enough to warrant a sequel. Just because YOU didn't play it doesn't mean nobody else did. I think an Endless Ocean stage would be awesome, fyi.
I have many a soft spot for the more serene, ambient stages. I love the "Environmental Noises" soundtrack in Distant Planet and I'm among a very, very small minority that legitimately enjoys Hanenbow.

Now, who would I bring into the hypothetical Tower of Smash?

:4pit: - The fighter, he's got good physical and ranged attacks and can adapt to any situation

:4palutena: - The ranger, good for sniping out foes from a distance and keeping it safe in the meantime

:4wario2: - The bruiser, a strong close-range fighter to smash through the weaker enemies

:4rob: - The tank, because I've got to have somebody to keep me alive in the gruelling later stages!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
No One Sane Literally knows What Endless Ocean is
I guess that I'm insane, then! :awesome:

I have many a soft spot for the more serene, ambient stages. I love the "Environmental Noises" soundtrack in Distant Planet and I'm among a very, very small minority that legitimately enjoys Hanenbow.
Same here, I enjoy Distant Planet for the two japanese songs, personally, and Hanenbow is fun. I also enjoy Castle Siege for "Power hungry Fool".

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
You do realize that these games are on different consoles right? And chances are if you want the other game that you didn't pick to the point where you'd have to pick which you want more, you are going to buy it later down the line anyway. sooo? Should they just release complete games on different dates so it feels like you're spending your money differently when in reality its exactly the same?

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I guess that I'm insane, then! :awesome:

Same here, I enjoy Distant Planet for the two japanese songs, personally, and Hanenbow is fun. I also enjoy Castle Siege for "Power hungry Fool".
Which Also Means I am insane Which I agree with!

I already Knew this Perhaps other people did not?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Which Also Means I am insane Which I agree with!

I already Knew this Perhaps other people did not?
What is with all your caps, bro?
...no offence, i love what you're saying- but your typing is giving me a headache.

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I gotta say, I've never wanted a leak to be real more than this one. But I really don't understand why this text leak in particular is getting so much attention. Is it because it's so specific? Or is it just because of how great the content sounds?

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I gotta say, I've never wanted a leak to be real more than this one. But I really don't understand why this text leak in particular is getting so much attention. Is it because it's so specific? Or is it just because of how great the content sounds?
A combination of both.

Kain6th

Smash Ace

It is because of how specific it sounds... like endless ocean? i mean who would guess that?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Who The Hell Would Fake Leak Endless Ocean as a Smash Bros Stage??, That's like 5X Less People knows about that series then before Gematsu Came along and ''Hey Idiots There is a Series Called Rhythm Heaven and its getting a Character!''. No One Sane Literally knows What Endless Ocean is and that is what is pulling me towards it, They must have done Some SERIOUS Research on Nintendo Games to say what Endless Ocean is. And that 'Tower of Smash' Mode sounds like the 100 floor Pit Challenges in the Paper Mario Games Which will be fun, one last thing Chris (Kirbopher) in a Discussion with GameXplain told them that when I went to play Smash Bros a Nintendo Rep told him that Bosses would appear in Smash Run such As Kraid and a 'Big Kremlin Enemy' (K.Rool or Clubba Perhaps?)
Just because you haven't heard of something means that it's super obscure 0/10 nobody's ever heard of it.

I remember back when it came out that there were several people talking about it online and excited to play it... Seems like a cool game. I wouldn't really say you'd have to be insane to know what it is at all.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Just because you haven't heard of something means that it's super obscure 0/10 nobody's ever heard of it.

I remember back when it came out that there were several people talking about it online and excited to play it... Seems like a cool game. I wouldn't really say you'd have to be insane to know what it is at all.
But when thinking of stages for smash it isn't exactly something that comes to mind right away

kylexv

Smash Master
If ToS is real, I would bring:

:4bowser:: To cruise through the earlier floors and possibly to tank the upper floors.
:4darkpit:: For his amazing recovery and being slightly stronger than Pit.
:4rob:: A heavyweight that uses projectiles and has a solid recovery. What do you expect?
:4littlemac:: For the free-for-alls or where you battle multiple opponents.

LOL DUDE

Smash Cadet
Ah, man, now all of you got me coming up with boss ideas. (note that i'm just coming up with one for each series that has a series symbol, and I probably don't know enough about some of these series for me to make the best choices).
CREATING WISHLISTS BASED ON LEAKS THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE TRUE FTW

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
But when thinking of stages for smash it isn't exactly something that comes to mind right away
Sure. Unless you're specifically trying to find an unrepresented game you can easily have the rights to use, then you'll find it on the list and it could work.

Water based stages though... I'd rather have Coral Capers or a Wave Race stage

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
What is with all your caps, bro?
...no offence, i love what your saying- but your typing is giving me a headache.
I like you, Speedy, but... *you're. :upsidedown:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
When I think about it, the Tower of Smash four character system reminds me the Great Maze, where you had a team of... 4 characters.
Also, if I had to make a team, it would be :4zelda::4ganondorf::4robinf::4palutena:. Just because I like them. Or switch Ganondorf with my own Mii because of the harem potential.

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
I would bring :4ness: :4greninja: :4shulk: :4sheik:.
Let's hope Sakurai announces another Wii U stage soon!

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
It is because of how specific it sounds... like endless ocean? i mean who would guess that?
The idea of an Endless Ocean stage was actually nominated on the Rate Their Chances topic, though we never had the time to rate it unfortunately, I guess it would get a somewhat low score. Nevertheless, the fact that this supposed leak lists Magicant and Mute City gives it some credit IMO, because it would make perfect sense for those stages to be in both versions - those stages come from console games and it's surprising to see the F-Zero and Mother franchises getting brand-new stages on the 3DS while Donkey Kong, Metroid and Starfox only get a retro stage. The presence of Nimbasa City as a Wii U exclusive stage is weird, I get the Kalos League because it seems to be the third Pokémon Stadium thus making it somewhat more generic than the 3DS Pokémon stages which are inspired from respectively the story of Pokémon Black & White and the most iconic town and monument from the last Pokémon generation, but due to Pokémon being an handheld exclusive franchise no counting spin-offs I'm not feeling an additional non-generic Wii U exclusive Pokémon stage. Maybe Nimbassa City is going to be the spiritual successor of 64's Saffron City after all. The presence of both Pirate Ship and a new Wind Waker stage seems particularly weird as well, but who knows, there's always going to be something weird in the final SSB Wii U stage roster - I'm not counting the two new Kid Icarus stages as weird because Sakubias ahah.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The idea of an Endless Ocean stage was actually nominated on the Rate Their Chances topic, though we never had the time to rate it unfortunately, I guess it would get a somewhat low score. Nevertheless, the fact that this supposed leak lists Magicant and Mute City gives it some credit IMO, because it would make perfect sense for those stages to be in both versions - those stages come from console games and it's surprising to see the F-Zero and Mother franchises getting brand-new stages on the 3DS while Donkey Kong, Metroid and Starfox only get a retro stage. The presence of Nimbasa City as a Wii U exclusive stage is weird, I get the Kalos League because it seems to be the third Pokémon Stadium thus making it somewhat more generic than the 3DS Pokémon stages which are inspired from respectively the story of Pokémon Black & White and the most iconic town and monument from the last Pokémon generation, but due to Pokémon being an handheld exclusive franchise no counting spin-offs I'm not feeling an additional non-generic Wii U exclusive Pokémon stage. Maybe Nimbassa City is going to be the spiritual successor of 64's Saffron City after all. The presence of both Pirate Ship and a new Wind Waker stage seems particularly weird as well, but who knows, there's always going to be something weird in the final SSB Wii U stage roster - I'm not counting the two new Kid Icarus stages as weird because Sakubias ahah.
I guess they wanted a pokemon league stage and a city on both versions and they wanted 2 stages from x and y and 2 from black and white

Waverunner

Smash Cadet
too good to be true. First rule of leaks: if some aspect of it isn't completely disappointing, then it's not true.
Well, there is the clear Sakurai bias in stage choice. If this leak is true, Kirby is getting 4 brand new stages and Kid Icarus is getting 3 across versions. There are several series only getting one new stage across versions, including F-Zero, Earthbound, Star Fox, Sonic, Wario, and Mega Man. That's crazy, and pretty dissapointing. No one can argue that he could have cut at least one Kirby stage for a less represented, or maybe not even represented at all series. Do we really need Dedede's Castle. Bowser's Castle is one thing, the most famous example of a Boss Fortress, but Dedede's Castle's most unique feature is the Boxing Ring, and we already have one as a stage for Punch Out!

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
If there is a tower of smash, who do you guys think the bosses will be?
Here is my list, for fun:
9. DynaBlade (Kirby Series)
19. Mecha Dragon (Megaman Series)
29. Rayquaza (returning)(Pokemon Series)
39. Boom Boom and Pom Pom (sorry)(Mario 3d World)
49. King K. Rool (DKC Series)
59. Koloktos (Zelda SS)
69. Metal Face (Xenoblade)
79. Giygas (Mother Series)
89. Kraid (Metroid Series)
99. Hades (Kid Icarus Uprising)

There are also extra bosses that switch in and switch around every time you restart Tower of Smash, and it's not always in this order:
There are still Molgera (Zelda WW), Metal Sonic and Robotnik (Sonic series), Dino Piranha (Mario Galaxy series), Erwin (Pac Land series), Gangrel (FE Awakening), Shy Guy Army (Yoshi Series), Andross (Star Fox Series), Zenisuki (Wario Land Series), King Hippo (Punch Out Series), Black Shadow and his Black Bull (F-Zero Series), Viral Infection (Dr. Mario Series), Duck Hunters (Duck Hunt), Game and Watch Lion (Game and Watch series), Wart (Super Mario Bros. 2), Metal Mario Brothers (Smash series), Volvagia (Zelda OOT), Scornet Maestro (Pikmin 3), Cyrus (Animal Crossing), Whispy Woods (Kirby Series), Shadow Lugia (Pokemon XD), Wrestler (Rhythm Heaven), King Boo (Luigi's Mansion), Duon (Smash Series), Tabuu (Smash Series), Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Master Core (Smash Series)
This would be an amazing celebration of Nintendo's history :)
I really like this boss list, but I would change it slightly. I think the the default boss list should be.
9. Gohma (Zelda Series)

19. Dyna Blade (Kirby Series)
29. Prince Bully/ King Bully (Mario 64/3d world)
39. Tiki Tong/ King K Rool (DK Series) (K Rool is the better choice, but I
personally wouldn't want K. Rool as a boss unless there's no plans of DLC in the future. He deserves to be a playable character)
49. Kraid (metroid)
59. Rayquaza (pokemon)
69. Metal Face (xenoblade)
79. Plasm Wraith (Pikmin 3)
89. Giygas (Mother)
99. Master Hand/ Crazy Hand/ Master Core/ Tabuu

Other good bosses that you didn't list are: Grima (fire emblem), Yveltal (pokemon), Aquamentus (Zelda), Onox/Veran (Zelda), Twinrova (Zelda), Pseudo Palutena (Kid Icarus), Eggplant Wizard (Kid Iccarus), Nightmare (Kirby), 02 (Kirby), Krako (Kirby), Maggolor (Kirby), Jade Face (Xenoblade, Count Bleck (Paper Mario), Hooktail (Paper Mario), Eggman (Sonic), Bongo Bongo (zelda), Vaati (Zelda, deserves to be a character), Birdo (Mario), and Porkey (Mother)

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Koloktos would be a great boss. Then we would have all good parts from Skyward Sword in this game.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
If this mode is real, I think my four picks would be.

:4bowser:: Wont get KO'd easily because he's fat. Also super strong, which would make the beginning floors easier and could soften up the bosses for the rest of my guys. before he dies.
:4shulk:: I think the Monado arts will be very good in a mode like this.
:4jigglypuff:: My main smash bros. character. Her pound and rest special attacks are very good against AI opponents. They can't DI pound correctly and are super easy to kill with rest.
:4myfriends:: Similar function as bowser: super strong and can finish up whatever my first 3 couldn't finish. He's not that good in normal 1v1s, but he's another character who's very good against AI since they don't dodge him correctly and get wrecked by his powerful attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom