• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Results/Bowser Locator: Who's Using Bowser?

D

Deleted member 189823

Should scrubby tournaments count? I went to some of those and I got out semifinals going all-Bowser. I went to a tournament yesterday too, and out of ~40 people, I ranked decently going all-Bowser once again.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I mean, you can post results here all you want and theres no reason they wont count in the thread, but when it comes to actually trying to get better, be seen as a top player, etc, it wont. Imo scrubby tournaments are just for fun when you just wanna play smash and theres no actual big tournament to go to. And most of the time for me its free money so why not haha. :p

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I wish scrubby tournaments still existed where I lived. Nearly everyone in my region is an experienced regular now, and every tournament I go to features our whole PR, or at least most of it. :glare:

D

Deleted member 189823

What is PR?
Also, don't worry. If I were you, I would be very glad that's the case. You're a good player, and even if you play Bowser, you stand a chance. Here we don't have too many regulars.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Took 4th out of 9 going a bit of Bowser. I used mostly Yoshi and one game with Mario though, but I went Bowser for 3 of my games (considering I only played 4 sets thats like 25-33%ish haha). I also Money Matched Lada (took 2nd in the tournament and is our #2 in state) after the tournament in a ROB vs. Bowser MM, and I lost 2-1. Game 1 didnt get recorded, but we got games 2 and 3 (including the one I won :D) so Id love some critique when those are uploaded.

Sand Nicelcade Lock-In, (16th June)
4th of 9
United States
Salt Lake City, Utah
$13 Entry Fee

Got another tournament in about 3 hours, so wish me luck.

B!squick

Smash Master
Good luck, and may the schwartz be with you.

I'm saying that right, aren't I? I'm referencing Space Balls if you couldn't tell.

ArleX

Smash Cadet
ArleX for #1 Bowser. :awesome:

When was the last time a Bowser won a tourney?

Seriously, though, he should probably be ahead of me, depending on the strength of the competition down there. I'm definitely sure that Mexico has good players.

jaja actually I was lucky that the top 3 brawlers of Guadalajara weren´t there the Saturday, but my teammate (Krad) is a tought guy. He wasn´t playing his mk from the beggining. First he sended me to loser braket and them I when all the way to the finals. First played vs his Fox a best of 5, when I tied the score 2-2 he swichet to mk, so I did the same. Sended him to losers and then played the last best of 5 with just mk, I won 3-2 :p

Sunday was a different story when Regi (top player of Guadalajara) came. God, I just hate G&W XD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The (un)Planned Party at Princess Peach's Palace, (8/9/12)
1st of 14
United States
West Jordan, Utah
$5 Entry Fee

Bowser OP. And I did use a bit of Yoshi, but it was only for part of Winner Finals and Grand Finals (basically every time I played Cherry lol). The entire rest of the tournament I was straight Bowser. If you want a run down of how our matches went:
Winner's Finals
Game 1: :bowser2: vs. :peach: @ Smashville = :bowser2: Wins
Game 2: :bowser2: vs. :peach: @ Delfino Plaza = :peach: Wins
Game 3: :bowser2: vs. :peach: @ Pokemon Stadium 1 = :bowser2: Wins
Game 4: :bowser2: vs. :peach: @ Battlefield = :peach: Wins
Game 5: :yoshi2: vs. :peach: @ Lylat Cruise = :yoshi2: Wins

Grand Finals
Game 1: :bowser2: vs. :peach: @ Smashville = :bowser2: Wins
Game 2: :bowser2: vs. :zerosuitsamus: @ Battlefield = :zerosuitsamus: Wins
Game 3: :bowser2: vs. :zerosuitsamus: @ Pokemon Stadium 1 = :zerosuitsamus: Wins
Game 4: :yoshi2: vs. :zerosuitsamus: @ Pokemon Stadium 1 = :yoshi2: Wins
Game 5: :yoshi2: vs. :zerosuitsamus: @ Final Destination = :yoshi2: Wins

So yeah lol. Also, I need to learn how to do the Bowser vs. ZSS match up, Im really bad at it apparently. Also, in bracket, I had a bye round one, then I 2-0'd a Falco going straight Bowser, then 2-0'd a Pikachu going straight Bowser, then played Cherry twice.

B!squick

Smash Master
I'm have no idea, but I'll take a stab at guessing. *clears throat* Up boos, Klaw, and know your grab releases.

Nice job winning, by the way.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
You could, but you'd be wrong, firstly.

Secondly, I'm not the one demeaning the value of another player's success.

:phone:

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Soooooooooooo.....who wants to go to New York?
Opening up a carpool for Impact in New York Tell your friends

(disclaimer one way trip)

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
:D KROY WEn NI YDAERLA MI FI TAHW

Im just going to leave that wonderous thing there. Courtesy of my phone that somehow thought I would like what I typed in reverse.

"What if im already in new york?" D:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ill be too far away to even be relatively near any of that.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
A Bowser tourney win is a Bowser tourney win, even if it is a small local. Good ****, Z'z.

Also, I do not blame you one bit for switching to Yoshi for ZSS. That MU is just balls unless you have extensive experience in it, which is probably not true for any Bowser player, lol. My only experience with the MU is playing DRN (GA's best ZSS) a few times long ago, and it was pretty damn painful, needless to say. :smirk:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I played Snakeee in his prime and SFP..thats really about it..aside from our local zoot suit player whos not up there yet.

And I was SUPPOSED to play Salem on wifi and never did, lmao. There's a pretty funny/awkward story behind that.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I don't think ZSS is that bad. NickRiddle and I were supposed to play at WHOBO, but he goes to sleep too early!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I guess I just dont know who to play against her haha.

And I went to two tournaments yesterday, one was an overnighter as a side tournament at a beat gamer lock-in in the morning. There were 12-14 entrants and due to time constraints only did single elimination, but I took first with Bowser getting a bye first round, then beating a Wolf, then a Fox, then a Fox/Marth going 100% Bowser.

The second tournament was an actual tournament with the scene so better people were there haha. We did pools first and I took second in pools beating an Olimar 2-0, a Marth 2-0, and losing to an Ice Climbers 2-1 (although my one win was me switching to Yoshi cuz that match up is stupid for Bowser lol). In Bracket, I beat a Ness 2-1, Lost to a ROB/Falco 2-1, beat a Marth 2-0, then lost to a Falco 2-0 (I went Luigi the second game though) placing 7th out of 25 going 100% Bowser outside of 2 games against the ICs and one against Falco.

The results for the first tournament arent up yet, but here are the results for the second: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14820776&postcount=25434

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Personally, I think you deserve a spot on the Top 5 Bowser list, Z'z. Currently, the only Bowser putting out respectable results besides you is Zig! You should be ahead of me, at the very least.

My Bowser results have been garbage lately in the sense that I've only beaten a total of two randoms (a Ness and a Snake) with him after four tourneys this summer. All of my other game/set wins have been with G&W or DK. :smirk:

D

Deleted member 189823

Personally, I think you deserve a spot on the Top 5 Bowser list, Z'z. Currently, the only Bowser putting out respectable results besides you is Zig! You should be ahead of me, at the very least.

My Bowser results have been garbage lately in the sense that I've only beaten a total of two randoms (a Ness and a Snake) with him after four tourneys this summer. All of my other game/set wins have been with G&W or DK. :smirk:
wat

If it is of any importance, I've ranked 4th in a 18-people tournament going all-Bowser.
Fought a Zelda, a MK, an Olimar and another MK (I think I'm forgetting someone, though).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Thanks Uncle, it means a lot to hear complements like that! :D I can definitely see myself improving lately, but Ive still got quite a ways to go before I feel like Ive really mastered Bowser. Ive got all the basic and general stuff down to a science now and the match ups I play regularly I know well, but Ive still got a bunch of match ups I need work on, some general mindset things to improve on, some timing and technical things that need work, etc. Although I really do feel like most of that stuff is just straight up needing to improve my skill as a player or just generally playing Bowser more (cuz with my lack of a working Wii things I want to work on have to wait), Im definitely starting to do well and understand how to play this guy and I feel like all that work is finally staring to show and pay off. Like I said, still feel like I have a ways to go, but I definitely feel Ive been improving and Ive felt motivated to work at improving even more as well.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
wat

If it is of any importance, I've ranked 4th in a 18-people tournament going all-Bowser.
Fought a Zelda, a MK, an Olimar and another MK (I think I'm forgetting someone, though).
Heh, I smell competition for spots! That's pretty cool to see.

Well done, Swei. If you have any other results, feel free to post those, as well. That's what this thread is for, after all. ;)

Thanks Uncle, it means a lot to hear complements like that! :D I can definitely see myself improving lately, but Ive still got quite a ways to go before I feel like Ive really mastered Bowser. Ive got all the basic and general stuff down to a science now and the match ups I play regularly I know well, but Ive still got a bunch of match ups I need work on, some general mindset things to improve on, some timing and technical things that need work, etc. Although I really do feel like most of that stuff is just straight up needing to improve my skill as a player or just generally playing Bowser more (cuz with my lack of a working Wii things I want to work on have to wait), Im definitely starting to do well and understand how to play this guy and I feel like all that work is finally staring to show and pay off. Like I said, still feel like I have a ways to go, but I definitely feel Ive been improving and Ive felt motivated to work at improving even more as well.
You're welcome. ;)

I can definitely tell that you care about repping and furthering Bowser. It's guys like you, Zig, and Swei that keep this character's metagame alive. Limit's gonna be back in the game soon, as well. As for me, my "solo Bowser passion" seems to be dwindling, lol. I can't even have fun with the big guy in certain MUs anymore, so I switch.

D

Deleted member 189823

I can definitely tell that you care about repping and furthering Bowser. It's guys like you, Zig, and Swei that keep this character's metagame alive.
You flatter me too much. :awesome:
I wish I had a better tournament scene/region, though. We have good players, but I'd like to see what I can do against better players and test my Bowser and get better with him there.

I've actually been inspired by guys like you, Zigsta and Limit. Hope you guys don't drop the ball just yet. :(

D

Deleted member 189823

What do you mean?

And yeah, I think he's a little better than me.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Got 4th out of 8 at a tournament yesterday. I ended up playing mostly Yoshi cuz I played against 2 Falcos, a Pikachu, and a D3, but I used probably 35-40% Bowser. Also used Luigi one game. Results arent up yet but theyll probably be up in the next day or two.

D

Deleted member 189823

I thought Falco was worse for Yoshi than he is to Bowser.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I think theyre about the same, but regardless I did play Bowser at 2 of the 5 games I played between to two Falcos (2 others I went Yoshi and another game I went Luigi), it was mostly just the D3 that made me use more Yoshi than Bowser lol. Other than that it was about the same. Pika I also won 1 game yoshi and 1 bowser.

ArleX

Smash Cadet
Guadalajara Knockouts #1: Godlike Tournament Series

January 19 2013
Placing: 5 out of 28
Zapopan, México
Entry Fee $25 pesos
Color of Bowser: All

Beggining strong the year ;)

Only once I changed Bowser for Sheik, all the others battles where pure Bow-sir

Here´s the bracket, but it´s on the Guadalajara smash community.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...01167869912052&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

D

Deleted member 189823

That's awesome, mang.
I wonder why you aren't in the Top 5 anymore with those kind of results.
Anyway, do you have videos of the sets?

Also I can't see the FB page. ):

Top Bottom