• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 50 Most Wanted Super Smash Bros. 4 Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Duck Hunt Dog
Meowth
King Hippo
Medusa
Tingle
Starfy
Toad
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong
Simon Belmont
Slime (Dragon Quest)

I'm feeling positive about Palutena, Little Mac, Takamaru, King K. Rool, Mega Man, and Pac-Man. That's why I didn't list them.

Carolus Rex

Smash Cadet
1. Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
It would offer an amazing character with a very interesting moveset, very different from the original Mario. Using his party from his games would be instant fun. Also, a lot of stages from the franchise would work. I'm also 100% certain he will be in.

2. Ridley (Metroid)
Nobody doesn't want him. He's simply perfect, he deserves a spot.

3. Yoshimitsu (Soul Calibur / Tekken)
Yep. Good old Yoshimitsu. Why him? Because he's the only Namco/Bandai character who represents two franchises at the same time, and he's also the one that fits the most in the Smash Bros. universe. Anyway, he would mostly incarnate his SC character more than Tekken: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ncwH3Oj7JU
Trust me, he totally works. It'll never happen, but it would totally work. Also, we have our mind blown character after Snake. Just imagine the deathcopter, the poison breath, the vaulting flea, the iridian stance... He's perfect.

4. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
Same as Ridley, he deserves the spot and he would work. Why the hell not.

5. Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
He's awesome, simple as that. I'm not sure how he would work moveset-like, but I don't care, he's one of the most important DS characters, they can work something out.

6. Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
The second Konami rep and probably the last one if you ask me. It ties with Nintendo's history very well, it's both a third party and a retro character, I'm mostly interested in his possible stage. I think he deserves the spot.

7. Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Uprising is still the best 3DS game and I'm pretty sure that Pit won't be the only character from the franchise in the next Smash Bros. So Palutena is the obvious choice, even if I would like Medusa too. Anyway, both are a stretch, so one is enough for me.

8. Soldier (Battalion Wars)
I'm somehow interested in this "character", which would be basically a gun fighter even more than Snake. The Wars franchise anyway deserves a spot, it doesn't matter if from the Battalion spin-off or from the Advance series.

9. Bomberman (Bomberman)
Always loved this guy, and now that Hudson Soft fell it should be easier to get the permission (right?).

10. Lord Ghirahim (The Legend Of Zelda)
He's probably one of the most controversial Nintendo characters after Birdo, and it's easy to understand why. It doesn't surprise me that sometimes he gets a lot of hate, but he is undeniably one of the best developed villain of the franchise. The fact that he's probably not going to appear again loweres his chances, but that's ok.

Obviously I kept out of the list the impossible characters (even if you could say that some of these are actually almost impossible). In that case, Banjo-Kazooie or Conker would top any reasonable and interesting list of this sort. I also tried to put some original character in it just to make some new idea.

Other characters that I would love and that are out of the list just for a little are: Rayman, Bowser Jr., PacMan, Phoenix Wright, Pico from F-Zero, Genesect, Mother Brain, Tom Nook, and a lot more...

10. Matthew (Golden Sun) - Cool character with a unique move-set, represents current Golden Sun

9. 2nd Gen Pokemon Trainer w/ Chikorita, Quilava, & Feraligatr (Pokemon) - Love 2nd Gen, represents the remakes on DS

8. Little Mac (Punchout) - Really like the Punchout series, he is a legendary character and his series returned

7. Andy (Advance Wars) - Love the Advance Wars series, Andy is big character within most of them

6. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes) - My favorite new 3rd party franchise of the Wii generation, one of the biggest new 3rd party characters for Nintendo, and a beam katana/wrestling move combo is new and interesting

5. Isa (Sin & Punishment) - I am loving Sin & Punishment Star Successor, represents current Sin & Punishment

4. Mega-Man (Mega-Man) - I love the series and character, one of the biggest 3rd parties characters that are wanted for Smash Bros

3. Micaiah (Fire Emblem) - One of the first Fire Emblems I played was Radiant Dawn, I am loving that game and the character, and she would be new and different for the Fire Emblem series reps

2. Ghirahim (Legend of Zelda) - One of my favorite characters in Skyward Sword, he is a great villain

1. Shulk (Xenoblade) - I love Xenoblade and Shulk is an interesting character, both the game and character are very popular

@Dark Phazon: Nope, I am not going to some Smash Prison for not including those 3 characters that "everyone" is obsessed with and list. Although I do want to see Ridley but he is no where near the top 10. :mistyface:

D

Deleted member

I don't usually make wish lists. This is based on the leaked roster of newcomers. I don't usually care about newcomers. Here we go.

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Ghirahim
4. Krystal
5. Palutena
6. Shulk
7. Megaman
8. Little Mac
9. Saki
10. Zoroark

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As if those leaks had any shred of truth... >_>

Anyway, here's mine as of now, in no particular order of preference:

# | Character | Franchise 1. |Ridley|Metroid
2. |King K. Rool|Donkey Kong
3. |Ghirahim|The Legend of Zelda
4. |Takamaru|Nazo no Murasamejo
5. |Dark Pit|Kid Icarus
6. |Anthony Higgs|Metroid
7. |Palutena|Kid Icarus
8. |Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario|Super Mario Bros.
9. |Isaac|Golden Sun
10. |Little Mac|Punch-Out!!

Obviously not in the table, but above any of those characters, I'd like to see Mewtwo and Roy returning.

volbound1700

Smash Master
My list was:

1. Megaman
2. Pac-Man
3. Prince Fluff
4. King K. Rool
5. Ridley
6. Skull Kid
7. Rayman
8. Little Mac
9. Bowser Junior
10. Tails

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1) Mewtwo
2) King K.Rool
3) Impa
4) Isaac
5) Anthony Higgs
6) Ridley
7) Toad
8) Dixie Kong
9) Grass :001: , :002: , :003: Fire :004: , :005: , :006: and Water :007: , :008: , :009: type Pokemon Trainer / aka Evolution Gimmick Pokemon Trainer :pt:
10) Chrom / Roy

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
# | Character | Franchise 1. | King K. Rool | Donkey Kong 2. | Ridley | Metriod 3. | Little Mac | Punch Out!! 4. | Takamaru | Nazo no Murasamejo 5. | Palutena | Kid Icarus 6. | Pac-man | Pac-man 7. | Megaman | Megaman 8. | Miciah | Fire Emblem 9. | Isaac | Golden Sun 10. | Kristal | Star Fox

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
^ Stole your grid

# | Character | Franchise 1. | Pac-Man | Pac-Man 2. | MegaMan | MegaMan 3. | John Raimi | Geist 4. | Dillon | Dillon's Rolling Western 5. | Bomberman | Bomberman 6. | Rayman | Rayman 7. | Tails | Sonic the hedgehog 8. | Mach Rider | Mach Rider 9. | Stanley | Donkey Kong 3/G&W 10. | Muddy Mole | Mole Mania

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Considering he hasn't been here since October? I think the thread's as good as dead. I mean, we have a Poll thread anyway.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The poll thread is somewhat outdated, and a new poll won't be there until E3. Let this thread continue.

:phone:

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I hope the user comes back. I really wanna see the results.

1. Tingle
2. Pacman
3. Chrom
4. Ridley
5. King K. Rool
6. Dillon
7. Little Mac
8. Paper Mario
9. Palutena
10. Mewtwo

:phone:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I should post my list as well.

1. Palutena
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Lloyd Irving
5. Ridley
6. Paper Mario
7. Lyn
8. Little Mac
9. Lip
10. Tingle

D

Deleted member

I want more than 10 newcomers. Anyway, there's my current Top 10, which is likely to be changed.

Shulk
Ridley
Palutena
Mewtwo
N
Paper Mario
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Krystal
Shantae

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I would change the owner of the thread, but I don't even know who wants to be responsible for counting up all the votes.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I can make a new thread if everyone is alright with it, but it might take a little time to set it up due to my horrendous scheduling.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
1. Isaac
2. Megaman
3. Saki
4. Palutena
5. Geno
6. Pac-Man
7. Stanley The Bugman
8. Starfy
9. Sora
10. Bowser Jr.

It's in no particular order.
This is my Top Ten list, and I played all their franchises, unlike the other people who speculate random characters they don't know, but think they are cool.

Omega-Smasher

Smash Cadet
10: Pac-Man
09: Rundas or Dark Samus
08: Little Mac
07: Krystal
06: Zoroark
05: Megaman
04: May (Hoenn Trainer)
03: Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
02: Ghirahim
01: Travis Touchdown

Honorable Mentions: Magnus, Palutena,Takamaru, Shulk, King K. Rool, Midna, Paper Mario, Simon Belemont, Lyn, Ehtann (Johto Trainer)/Hilbert (Unova Trainer), Knuckle Joe, Issac/Matthew and Bomberman

Personally, I really don't like Ridley as much as other people do in this site not due to size, but I find him fighting with his size reduced and his fighting style in Other M very awkward and I find the idea of Mii's as characters TERRIBLE. Again, this list and the character hate here is very personal.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
10. Shulk (Xenoblade)
09. Issac (Golden Sun)
08. Andy (Wars)
07. Takamuru (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
06. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
05. Ridley (Metroid)
04. Mike Jones (StarTropics)
03. Tingle (The Legend of Zelda/Tingle series)
02. Mii (Mii series)
01. Little Mac (Punch Out)

Honourable mentions: K. Rool (Donkey Kong), Chrom (Fire Emblem), Krystal (Star Fox), Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight), The Amazon (Pro Wrestling), Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Anyone wanna tally all these votes?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I guess I can give this a go. Even if most choices of mine are on the poll list.

1. Megaman (Megaman series): Normally I'm not the biggest supporter of 3rd party characters, but I can safely say that Megaman would be very good additon to the roster. He has many moves that he can pull from his own series and even MVC/TVC to an extent. He also fit in terms of aesthetics. Oh and a bunch of Megaman games are Nintendo exclusive too, so that might help his chances a bit.

2. Ridley (Metroid): He is the probably the most important Metroid character next to Samus herself. He has enough moves to make a viable moveset. He could be a glass cannon type of character.

3. Isaac (Golden Sun): So many moves to use. Whether it's just his Earth powers, or the use of Dijinn. He can be a very unique fighter by using the elements. He also has like tons of Final Smash ideas.

4. Dark Samus (Metroid): Dark Samus has enough moves moves that are unique to the Prime trilogy to make her different from Samus.

5. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong): He has so many moves many moves to work with. Also more bad guys would be cool.

6. Palutena (Kid Icarus): She had some cool moves in Kid Icarus Uprising.

7. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong): I want to see what kinds of ways they can make a good moveset without Diddy.

8. Dillion (Rolling Western): I just like the guy he seems cool.

9. Krystal (Starfox): I just want a Starfox character that isn't too similar to Fox. At least on the surface. We don't have a staff user either.

10. Blaziken (Pokemon) This guy could make Captain Falcon look like a joke.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
1. Chrom
2. Lucina
3. Little Mac
4. Ridley
5. Palutena
6. Mewtwo
7. K.Rool
8. Megaman
9. Krystal
10. Bowser Jr

nessokman

Smash Lord
Masked man
Geno
Dark samus
Dark pit
Waluigi
Chrom
Toon zelda
Toon GANON

That's all I wants

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Does anyone ever get tired of posting their list?

Want you say, but not expect? Okie doke.

10. Hunter (AKA Duck Hunt Dog): Because his laugh is one of my most cherished childhood memories.

9. Palutena: Because she has unique move set potential and is the most important KI after Pit, being the namesake of the KI series in Japan.

8. Mallow: Because stretchy arms, cymbals and weather powers.

7. Geno: Because bullet fingers, star guns, and Geno Whirl.

6. K. Rool: Because of the blunderbuss and helicopter pack.

5. Dixie Kong: Because she's the next most important DK character and I'd like to see a move set involving her hair. The Syndel of Smash Bros.

4. Isaac: Because awesome magic earth psyenergy powers, summons and djinni and unlike Shulk, doesn't have a horrible character design or constantly talk to his sword constantly. "Why don't you just marry the Monado?!"

3. Little Mac: Because Punch Out is amazing.

2. Ridley: Because Metroid needs another rep and I want another winged fighter.

1. Megaman: Because he's 'effing MEGAMAN!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone ever get tired of posting their list?
That's why this thread should just die.

These types of games aren't an accurate opinion of anything anyway but how often someone is able to remember to post

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
1. Krystal
2. Bowser Junior
3. Tingle
4. Medusa
5. Shulk
6. Saki
7. Zoroark
8. Deoxys
9. Bomberman
10. Geno

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
1. K.Rool (it would be extremely silly at this point not to include him, since he has endless move set potential and is truly a maniacal and dark villain, and he is my absolutely undisputed hope and dream for smash 4 as a playable character)
2. Mega Man (I like the character, but not a fan of the modern capcom bs though, and please not the morbidly obese guy from the sf x tekken)
3. Pac Man (an icon that in fame alone may just get a spot, would be very interesting to see what they do)
4. Girahnim (he was pretty hyped up in Skyward Sword, hes a great candidate too for smash)
5. Toadsworth or DK Sr. (probably wont happen, but he/they could beat the snot out of other characters with the canes)
6. Dillion the armadillo (good newer nintendo exclusive character, interesting enough backstory and pretty badass)
7. Geno (they really need to get this done, everyone knows it)
8. Banjo & Kazooie (I remember those old rumors that quickly died out.. if nintendo could just get these characters back and..)
9. Conker (then this guy could go around smashing everyone and making crude jokes)
10. Skull Kid (that would be pretty cool) [[OR]] Chrono (heh, many possibilities)

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
1. Shulk
2. Isaac
3. Bowser Jr.
4. Mewtwo
5. Roy
6. Ghirahim
7. Ridley
8. King K. Rool
9. Saki
10. Dillon

D

Deleted member

The OP said no Melee characters.

New Top 10:
1. Mega Man
2. King K. Rool
3. Deoxys*
4. Ray (Custom Robo)*
5. Geno*
6. Dixie Kong
7. Isaac
8. Samurai Goroh
9. Bomberman*
10. Slime*

*: Unlikely if not impossible.

Had Melee veterans been allowed, would have placed Mewtwo at #2 and Roy at #6.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
1. Robin
2. Paper Mario
3. Chrom
4. Ridley
5. Palutena
6. Bomberman
7. Megaman
8. Isaac
8. Shulk
9. Impa
10. Professor Layton

volbound1700

Smash Master
My vote:

1. Megaman
2. Pac-man
3. Miles Tails Prowers
4. Skull Kid
5. Ridley
6. King K Rool
7. Little Mac
8. Mewtwo
9. All Brawl Vets return - didn't know if we included vets or not
10. Prince Fluff

goldglover5

Smash Rookie
1. Bowser Junior
2. Lucina
3. Pitto
4. Baby Mario Bros
5. Mii
6. Zoroark
7. Bandana Waddle Dee
8. Generation 6 Pokemon Trainer
9. Shulk
10. Ridley

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
1. Krystal
2. Andross
3. Ryu (Street Fighter)
4. Chun Li
5. Kazuya
6. Siegfried
7. Ryu Hayabusa
8. Magmar/Electabuzz/Jinx
9. Dante
10. Black Mage (Final Fantasy)

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
1. Toon Ganon
2. Palutena
3. Paper Mario
4. Jetstream Sam
5. Samurai Goroh
6. Paper Bowser
7. Mega Man
8. Simon Belmont
9. King K. Rool
10. Raichu

TundraZer0

Smash Rookie
I really only have 5 or so I care about. I can't make a legitimate top 10 list.

1.) Mega Man X (Notice the 'X')
2.) Isaac
3.) Banjo-Kazooie
4.) Majora's Mask Link (It'd kinda be like Pokemon trainer, but with masks.)
5.) Richter Belmont (Castlevania) As much as I would LOVE Simon to get it, honestly Richter has more going for him to be in smash as he has many melee attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom