• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Most Wanted and Least Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Well people like Puff and Mewtwo, including me! Jiggs is a classic character too. People think Sceptile should be playable because it would complete the elemental trio, a reason that's never been prioritized for choosing playable characters in any of the Smash Bros. games. The only time it has shown precedence was in Brawl for the Pokemon Trainer, and the Pokemon Trainer doesn't seem like he's coming back anyways.
True, but I like sceppykins and I hope the trio thing matters to Sakurai at least. But there's no way of knowing for sure.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
True, but I like sceppykins and I hope the trio thing matters to Sakurai at least. But there's no way of knowing for sure.
Yeah. For me I really hope Sakurai puts Jiggs and Mewtwo in, it'd make a ton of people (including me) very happy.

I think the whole Sceptile thing is sort of similar to the whole Anna/Tiki thing. People wanted them because they were brought up somewhere and were like "Yes, now I want them" and tried to find reasons for them to be in. Except for Anna and Tiki, the reasons weren't too bad, such as them having important roles in many of the Fire Emblem games, although every playable Fire Emblem series character up to that point had been a sword-wielding protagonist and lord.

When Lucina and Robin were revealed, I was ecstatic. I mean, I wanted Anna to wield the Levin Sword, but now Robin wields it, and that's awesome, and more because Robin also uses magic. I was stoked and I was okay with them not being in, because Lucina and Robin totally blew me away.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
This comment is coming from someone who loved Mewtwo back in Melee, but i REALLY doubt Mewtwo is coming back

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
This comment is coming from someone who loved Mewtwo back in Melee, but i REALLY doubt Mewtwo is coming back
Mewtwo is THE most heavily demanded character overall, and is even more heavily demanded over in Japan than he is in the West. I don't think there's much of a chance that he's not returning.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Mewtwo is THE most heavily demanded character, and is even more heavily demanded over in Japan. I don't think there's much of a chance that he's not returning.
Hmm yes. But Pokemon already has tons of representatives.... And some people say he got Greninja'd. Would love to have him in the game though just that the other deserving candidates get in as well.

Well here's to hoping!

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Hmm yes. But Pokemon already has tons of representatives.... And some people say he got Greninja'd. Would love to have him in the game though just that the other deserving candidates get in as well.

Well here's to hoping!
No, Mewtwo got :4greninja:'d

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Top 5 Want:

5. Mike Jones- The chances of Mike making it into a Smash Bros. game are depressingly low. Mike has a lot of moveset potential and I can see his yo-yo and whatever he has in Zoda's Revenge being interesting weapons. In addition, StarTropics has some really awesome music and environments and if Mike were included, there's a really good chance that we would see something from StarTropics end up in Smash. It's just a shame that no StarTropics game ever came out in Japan.

4. Takamaru- Another character from the NES era although he is much more likely than Mike will ever be. Truthfully, I'm not sure what Takamaru could bring to the table but I'm sure Sakurai and his team could figure something out. Nazo no Murasame Jo looks interesting and I would love to see as many retro characters as possible.

3. Kyle Hyde- I have no idea what his moveset could possibly be. Throw paperclips? Make children cry? Steal everything? I just want Kyle Hyde because Hotel Dusk and Last Window are two of my absolute favorite games and Kyle is possibly my favorite video game character. I'm sure he'd be an interesting character if he were added. Capcom did a good job with Wright in UMvC3 (sorta), I'm sure Sakurai could manage a moveset for Kyle.

2. Ridley- The only reason Ridley isn't #1 is because I've been burned before. I was so hyped for his inclusion in Brawl and then...nothing. I think Ridley's got immense potential as a playable character and Smash Bros just needs for villains and Metroid reps. Also, Ridley is a giant, purple space dragon. What isn't to like?

1. Isaac- Psynergy opens up so many doors for a moveset, it's insane that he isn't in already. Golden Sun has 3 games under its belt (and a 4th one eventually, maybe, hopefully) and I'd say it has earned a rep at this point. Isaac fits the bill incredibly well and is a natural fit for the series.

Bottom 5:

5. Adam Malkovich- All the objections, actually.

4. Krystal- I really don't think we need a 4th Star Fox rep and we especially don't need a gross blue fox. Maybe if she was from Dinosaur Planet like she was supposed to be, I'd be a bit more supportive but if there's any franchise that doesn't need more reps, it's Star Fox. On average, people only like one of the 5 Star Fox games.

3. Toad- I can't see Toad being interesting at all. At least Daisy or Waluigi could represent the various Mario sport titles; Toad can't represent anything noteworthy. Maybe Captain Toad will change my mind but we all know he won't be included in Smash 4 so that's a null point.

2. Sora- I can't believe people actually want Sora. Sora would be the least worthwhile 3rd party character they could add. I'd take the Black Mage or Erdrick over someone like Sora. They're actually somewhat iconic unlike Sora.

1. Bowser Jr- Ugh. Bowser Jr would be a terrible addition. I'm all for adding villains but Bowser Jr is just so dull and so lame that I can't possibly see him being any fun to use. The Magic Paintbrush would be the only interesting gimmick he could possibly have and I have my doubts he would even use that since Sunshine came out 12 years ago and we haven't seen it since.
Bowser jr. confirmed how do you feel now :troll:

DreadToaster

Smash Rookie
Bowser jr. confirmed how do you feel now :troll:
I think he looks decent actually. There was no precedent for him using the Clown Car and I think that looks neat. Leave it to Sakurai and his team to come up with an interesting moveset for even my least favorite character. Also, it's rumored that you he has the other Koopa Kids as alt skins and I've secretly always wanted Roy Koopa.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You know, looking back over some of these posts, I feel kind of bad for all those people who said they would hate to see Robin playable...

Two Big Guys For You

Smash Cadet
You know, looking back over some of these posts, I feel kind of bad for all those people who said they would hate to see Robin playable...
I'm half laughing, half shedding tears at the people who got excited when Chrom and Gematsu got deconfirmed, only for Shulk to return.

Yes, because Doctor Mario and Dark Pit would be better choices than Chrom and Chorus Men:laugh:

Edit- not to insult any fans of those characters, I'm thankful for Doc in melee and liked dark pit in brawl. But I think it's pretty funny that most people thought Chrom and Chorus Men would be too simi

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
My list would change a little bit since some of the characters I previously included were confirmed/deconfirmed

Wanted:
1. Krystal
2. Toad
3. King K. Rool
4. Sceptile/Blaziken
5. Mewtwo (preferably the newer female version but either/both is fine)

Least Wanted:
1. Toon Zelda
2. Miku Hatsune
3. Chorus Men/any character from that series
4. Bayonetta
5. Another EarthBound/Mother character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom