• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toonami Mafia - Adult Swim Edition - The sun has risen!

.L-

EEOS
Given the activity levels of the players in past games I want that gun on an inactive.

See him dead.

:phone:
L, how much usefulness do you actually perceive this hired gun has long run.

And don't bother throwing out numbers, just give me an opinion.
The "hired gun" is a hydra of Soup/Swords.

A necessary deception on my part; it allowed me to potentially discover an invisible player in addition to your perceptions on the post as if it were truth.

This also leads me to believe that, should Soup/Swords hydra be of non-town alignment you are not aligned with either Red Ryu or Full Metal Lynch.

Plus, editing pre-game is allowed as none of this is officially a gameplay element. It's the only time I could do such a gambit and not confound the other half of the game with needless confusion.

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
I find myself intrigued also, but not for what you responded, rather what came after.

You two, Red Ryu and Rake. Why did you feel the need to chime in on our petty talk? I'm disturbed that you two jumped to conclusions merely on pregame chatter, and what you think of .L- currently.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I must be missing something, because surely .L- can't be....

The rules say public MOD information IS strictly accurate, do they not?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Do you have a gun? shoot the most inactive person at the end of day one, I love vig shots be side I get to kill problem players or inactives, so lets see them dead at the end of the day.

TBG

Smash Cadet
Do you have a gun? shoot the most inactive person at the end of day one, I love vig shots be side I get to kill problem players or inactives, so lets see them dead at the end of the day.

This. I've harped on how good Vigilantes don't shoot the most ProScum (i.e. scummy) player, they shoot the most AntiTown.

.L-

EEOS
MOD said:
I do not confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in private is strictly accurate.
I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie

Perhaps I am not being as clear as I should be, but let me ask you again, one more time.

Why does it concern you. Might it have ever occurred that I was trying to make a point, rather than alluding to any gun I may or may not have? I don't think even .L- himself assumed anything after reading it, and the only reason I spoke out was to get the interest of him.

I find myself trying to keep my composure, and re-assessing my thoughts. You are all clueless, and I'm going to need to take this game step by step. For starters, I find myself disliking the TBG fellow, as he did not truly add anything, only idly commenting without a purpose. He seems nervous, but what could it be?

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
-L. can do what he does, if i find issue with it, you'll know then.

Null.

I interjected for no real reason

TBG

Smash Cadet
perhaps i am not being as clear as i should be, but let me ask you again, one more time.

why does it concern you. might it have ever occurred that i was trying to make a point, rather than alluding to any gun i may or may not have? I don't think even .l- himself assumed anything after reading it, and the only reason i spoke out was to get the interest of him.

i find myself trying to keep my composure, and re-assessing my thoughts. You are all clueless, and i'm going to need to take this game step by step. For starters, i find myself disliking the tbg fellow, as he did not truly add anything, only idly commenting without a purpose. He seems nervous, but what could it be?
WELL I DISLIKE YOU TOO SO THERE

Edit: Goddamnit, forum, stop editing out my caps.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
If you post in all caps, it will change it. That's just a thing the forum does.

I'm sure you're aware of this too, but just in case you're not (since I see that you're new?) Editing posts isn't allowed in game. You're fine right now since it's pregame (and everyone else seems to be doing it) but when D1 begins, it's a no-no.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Rules said:
I do not confirm the presence of a mafia faction.
I do not confirm the absence of any roles in this set-up.
Ryker in the signups thread said:
My game is something on the grey area of bastard modded. I will confirm that there will be some zany roles and interactions and that the game is probably pretty swingy even with the numbers I run to ensure certain safeties. You will likely be mad at this game at some point during it, but that's part of the draw. My goal is to get you fuming at least once and laugh at least three times if you make it to Day 3. I only put a time limiter on it because of the people who won't have time to get exposed to the game further and will stop reading it. Reading it from the grave will have a similar effect.

The game is designed to be fun. HOWEVER, I will CONFIRM that it is playable. I didn't just overload one team or throw in so much misdirection that nothing at all is sacred. Such a game would leave me feeling angry instead of that kind of happy you get when you just finished eating a really good meal (I reference Lost Mafia here as an example of what it is not, although I bear no ill will toward Tandora for it because she did learn, because the mafia faction was boned because the set-up was made with the intention of being fun by matching the interesting flavor for fans of the show without taking into account the unique mafia mechanic). If you take it super, hardcore, serious mode #downndirty #serioussteve #swissai then you will probably be frustrated because it is borderline bastard modded. If you go in expecting it and can take a punch at some point and still be grinning, then you'll have a memorable time.
Hentai mafia didn't have a mafia faction, did it? Have there been any other games without a mafia faction? I think mafia-less setups are silly and you should just rename an indy faction to "mafia" because that's the name of the game, but I digress.

Zany roles/interactions makes me think of recruitment/alignment changing mechanics, which would make the rules not confirming a mafia faction make sense. In Persona Mafia, I recall Overswarm trying to press the point that there wasn't a mafia faction (but unfortunately for him a mafia faction had been MOD-confirmed). The presence of an Inquisitor and multiple indy factions in that setup was the basis for this. Recruitment. Hentai Mafia was a huge cult-fest, right? So there we go, regardless of whether there's a mafia faction or not, I suspect recruitment of some sort is at play here.

There better not be a ****ing jester in this game. Or other bastard roles that are usually deconfirmed in other games.

@FML: Do any slots require further investigation right now? What do you think of Red Ruy's reaction immediately at the mention of a vig, and his later explanation?

@TBG: I remember you (I think it was you) talking in the social thread to Ryker about knowing some people and I think you said you have played mafia in the past? How much experience do you have and where was it accrued?

I also doubt L/Detective Prince are scum together. Not as much based on their interaction as based on how Detective Prince responded to RR/Rake when they chimed in.

FullMetalLynch

Just you kantaloupe.

His immediate reaction needs review, ask me about it tomorrow after i've talked to Orbo

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'll probably forget. Just make a post about it after you talk to Orbo and don't delay responses with hydra bull**** as a way to avoid giving hard-stances.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Request removal of the quote in DPrince's location. I was able to fool two people into thinking it was a MOD-based account because they didn't read past the quote and see the names; there is no reason for the quote to be in the location.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
We have evidence that it can cause more than one player to not know exactly who is controlling the hydra. The indicator in the location is standard precisely so that we know who is controlling the hydra; mafia is a game of knowing the player as well as logic and deduction, and this is a way of making hydras more acceptable to those who play more on the side of the player.

Being able to have an advantage by being an unknown entity, even by a player's own mistake not to read, is not acceptable for reasons that are specifically related to flavor and personal preference.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Request removal of the quote in DPrince's location. I was able to fool two people into thinking it was a MOD-based account because they didn't read past the quote and see the names; there is no reason for the quote to be in the location.
If they can't get the name in their title, granted. I only knew it was them based on assumptions tied into general person-specific quirks until I thoroughly read the location myself.

FullMetalLynch

Fine, regular forum mafia talk it is :3

KantDance, i didn't read Ryu's initial reaction as very telling , I've never known Ryu to be super aggro in previous games towards inactives , so if nothing else I'll be watching to see what Ryu does in game when it comes to them more closely.

For now from the Rake side, it doesn't do anything but raise the question: What raised RYu's aggression level ?

Why, did you draw anything amazing from it that will shock and awe the entire thread ?

FullMetalLynch

For starters, I find myself disliking the TBG fellow, as he did not truly add anything, only idly commenting without a purpose. He seems nervous, but what could it be?
Hi,

Captain Obvious here with a public service announcement:

Accusing someone of not adding anything and only commenting without purpose; By idly commenting on it without any oomph behind it, does not lend itself well to people taking this with much seriousness.

As an aside, was he trying too hard to create a joke out of it ?

Feel free not to answer but know that doing so will only further color my opinion of this route at present time.

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
Actually, the quote is as much related to the game as our identity. It's purpose was to portray how this hydra would work and how we wanted to play this game. The quote is identifiable in the change in attitude and more sophisticated way of communication.

But in the end, I don't have a problem with taking it off , as it bares worthless now. I truly doubt that trying to meta us or trying to understand how we operate this game would deem insufficient anyways. I did not plan this.

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
Hi,

Accusing someone of not adding anything and only commenting without purpose; By idly commenting on it without any oomph behind it, does not lend itself well to people taking this with much seriousness.

Feel free not to answer but know that doing so will only further color my opinion of this route at present time.

I would say that you're quite the comedian for trying to make a mockery of me, but it seems that you cannot even comprehend the meaning of a joke yourself. It is not what TBG said that bothers me, it is why.

He ignored me, and he ignored the rhetorical question too. "He seems nervous, but what could it be?" Don't you find it illogical for someone to respond like that? I wasn't impressed with it at all and it only makes me go back to my original stance before. The joke was completely out of context.

TBG

Smash Cadet
If you post in all caps, it will change it. That's just a thing the forum does.

I'm sure you're aware of this too, but just in case you're not (since I see that you're new?) Editing posts isn't allowed in game. You're fine right now since it's pregame (and everyone else seems to be doing it) but when D1 begins, it's a no-no.
I'm familiar with standard mafia practices since I've played on other sites before. Thanks for the heads up though.

Hm. TBG? My dislike of you was not something to be taken as a joke.
You're legitimately suspicious over me not contributing much before the game has even started?

Uhh, what?

Hi,

I thought it was a joke in the first place. :urg:

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
Ah. So you did think I was joking. Was it because of it being pregame or because you did not take my pressure seriously? When I called you out for being nervous, you merely scoffed.

Why? I do not mean to intrude or make you this way, but it is my job to understand who I am working with.

TBG

Smash Cadet
Oh, missed this.

@TBG: I remember you (I think it was you) talking in the social thread to Ryker about knowing some people and I think you said you have played mafia in the past? How much experience do you have and where was it accrued?
~4 years, various sites. (started on AiB)

I would say that you're quite the comedian for trying to make a mockery of me, but it seems that you cannot even comprehend the meaning of a joke yourself. It is not what TBG said that bothers me, it is why.

He ignored me, and he ignored the rhetorical question too. "He seems nervous, but what could it be?" Don't you find it illogical for someone to respond like that? I wasn't impressed with it at all and it only makes me go back to my original stance before. The joke was completely out of context.
Rhetorical
a : of, relating to, or concerned with rhetoric
b : employed for rhetorical effect; especially : asked merely for effect with no answer expected <a rhetorical question>

herp de derp

if you really want the answer though it's obv. because I'm scum

Top Bottom