• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link General Information Discussion Thread

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
So since most of us (myself included) figured good ol' Toonie would be one of the first ones cut...who do you think is likelier at this point?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Wow, everyone (myself included) swore up and down Tink was going to be replaced or removed altogether. Well, I've always liked playing around with him in Brawl from time to time, so Smash 4 will probably be no different.

Strider

Smash Rookie
This just helps show that it is always going to be hard to get characters that Nintendo isn't trying to market off for their new releases.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Now that Toon Link is confirmed, I just need the confirmation of Ike and Lucario and I will be sure all characters are returning.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Now that Toon Link is confirmed, I just need the confirmation of Ike and Lucario and I will be sure all characters are returning.
Now that Toonie is confirmed, the only vet I really want to see confirmed soon is Sonic. I thought Toonie was a likely cut (one of the likeliest, in fact), but Sonic is third-party, so we may have to worry more about him coming back than any other Nintendo character. Luckily, based on the pattern of most character reveals, and seeing as how Luigi and Toon (and Young) Link were unlockable characters in the past and have already been revealed anyway, if Sonic's in the game we should be seeing him next month when Lost World releases.

On the same vein, it seems likely we'll get a Pokémon character alongside X and Y. Whether it will be Jiggz, Trainer, Lucario, or even Mewtwo is anyone's guess, but we'll see what happens.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Maybe we'll get the confirmation of a Pokémon character and Sonic, since we got the confirmation of Peach and Toon Link this month.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh Sakurai will take that screenshot eventually. It just makes too much sense after all the stupidity that went on the past few months because of ST Link. :rolleyes:

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
Oh Sakurai will take that screenshot eventually. It just makes too much sense after all the stupidity that went on the past few months because of ST Link. :rolleyes:
Heh you know it will happen since people were like:YAY TOON LINK IS GETTING CUT!it dosent get old seeing toon link haters/Clone Nazis on you tube ******** their head off

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Haha I can already imagine what Sakurai would say about it.

"This is the Toon Link from Spirit Tracks and the Toon Link you can play as is the one from Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. Though they look similar, they are both actually completely different people so making Toon Link playable again was no problem at all!"

Sakurai would just be the ultimate troll by rubbing salt on the wound. :troll:

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
Haha I can already imagine what Sakurai would say about it.

"This is Toon Link from Spirit Tracks and the Toon Link you can play as is the one from Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. Though they look similar, they are both actually completely different people so making Toon Link playable again was no problem at all!"

Sakurai would just be the ultimate troll by rubbing salt on the wound. :troll:
I would see a trolly caption like "You know making toon link playebe wasent a problem and we never even intented to cut him......suckers!!:troll: "

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
lol I doubt that, it would be funny though. Ah well, we could also get a picture with ST Link, Toon Link and Default Link together and Sakurai giving the caption of:

"Meet Link, Link and Link, you can never have too many Link's in Super Smash Bros!" or something like that. :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I can't wait for Sakurai to take a pic of Spirit Tracks Toon Link with the Wind Waker Toon Link. It just wouldn't be the same if anyone else took a picture of them.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah Sakurai should definitely be the one taking that snapshot first. It would just be perfect! Just imagine all the butthurt that will come from that. :troll:

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
Lol nice one Kiwi(can I call you that? :p)That one sound like a good one or maybe something like:THE LINK TRAIN!!!!REMEMBER KIDS YOU CANT HAVE ENOUGHT LINKS IN SUPER SMASH BROS!!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah with Toon Link's taunt where he looks around in a curious expression still being there, I can imagine Sakurai making such a caption too.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hopefully's Sakurai's quote that goes with it will be good. But hey, as long as he takes a pic of WW and ST Link, we'll handle the rest with captions.

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
Playing on the Spirit Tracks stage will definitely be worth a few laughs.

Yo dawg, I heard you like Link. So now you can have Link fight Link on Link's train while Link watches.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Some changes I hope Toon Link will receive (Note: Not all of these changes at once, but some):
  • Deku Leaf Glide
  • Deku Leaf Gust
  • Hurricane Spin Attack (Toon Link now can move while doing Spin Attack (Think DK's grounded recovery))
  • Crawling
  • Wind's Requiem (Similar to FLUDD but with air currents)
  • Ballad of Gales stage entrance. (Way better than emerging from a bomb explosion)

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Some changes I hope Toon Link will receive (Note: Not all of these changes at once, but some):
  • Deku Leaf Glide
  • Deku Leaf Gust
  • Hurricane Spin Attack (Toon Link now can move while doing Spin Attack (Think DK's grounded recovery))
  • Crawling
  • Wind's Requiem (Similar to FLUDD but with air currents)
  • Ballad of Gales stage entrance. (Way better than emerging from a bomb explosion)
I agree with all of these except the Wind's Requiem.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I agree with all of these except the Wind's Requiem.
Just spit balling ideas, Since Hero's Bow and Bombs are already confirmed, I was trying to find moves that could potentially replace the Boomerang.
So in mind it was either the Deku Leaf Gust or Wind Requiem be the potential replacement to the Boomerang.

I just want Toon Link to do something dealing around wind. He is the "Young Waker of the winds" for Pete's sakes, It was a shame that Twilight Princess Link dealt more with wind using the Gale Boomerang, than Wind Waker Toon Link.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Just spit balling ideas, Since Hero's Bow and Bombs are already confirmed, I was trying to find moves that could potentially replace the Boomerang.
So in mind it was either the Deku Leaf Gust or Wind Requiem be the potential replacement to the Boomerang.

I just want Toon Link to do something dealing around wind. He is the "Young Waker of the winds" for Pete's sakes, It was a shame that Twilight Princess Link dealt more with wind using the Gale Boomerang, than Wind Waker Toon Link.
I think the Deku Leaf would be the better choice. It'd give him possibilities on the ground (he flaps the leaf and shoots a ball of air) and more options in the air (goes into a glide in midair; the glide attack could be the surge he does if you hit the button again in WW). Plus it'd be simpler to implement, I think, and look better than conducting a song in the middle of a fight. Hell, maybe it could even reflect projectiles on the ground.

I know the Hurricane Spin thing would work because they did it in P:M and it works just fine. He should have been able to crawl in the first place, honestly. And again with P:M, I love the entrance they gave him.

D

Deleted member

On the subject of having something wind related be in Toon Link's moveset, I always liked the idea of the Ballad of Gales being his Final Smash rather than the Triforce Slash; would anyone like that idea?

O Dog

Smash Cadet
NNID
orionbc84
3DS FC
1521-2681-9055
How about he gets on the King of Red Lions and mows across the stage, running anyone over? The direction you go can be determined by the Wind's Requiem and changing the wind direction.

O Dog

Smash Cadet
NNID
orionbc84
3DS FC
1521-2681-9055
Now that Toonie is confirmed, the only vet I really want to see confirmed soon is Sonic. I thought Toonie was a likely cut (one of the likeliest, in fact), but Sonic is third-party, so we may have to worry more about him coming back than any other Nintendo character. Luckily, based on the pattern of most character reveals, and seeing as how Luigi and Toon (and Young) Link were unlockable characters in the past and have already been revealed anyway, if Sonic's in the game we should be seeing him next month when Lost World releases.

On the same vein, it seems likely we'll get a Pokémon character alongside X and Y. Whether it will be Jiggz, Trainer, Lucario, or even Mewtwo is anyone's guess, but we'll see what happens.
You got your wish with Sonic this week. Probably because of the Mega Man/Sonic crossover comics.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
You got your wish with Sonic this week. Probably because of the Mega Man/Sonic crossover comics.
It's 'cause Lost World is coming out this month. I'm actually surprised we got the announcement so early though. I wonder if it means anything. Either way, my biggest wishes for the game have been fulfilled, now that Mega Man, Sonic, and Toonie are all confirmed. Only one more character I really, really want...Ridley.

O Dog

Smash Cadet
NNID
orionbc84
3DS FC
1521-2681-9055
It's 'cause Lost World is coming out this month. I'm actually surprised we got the announcement so early though. I wonder if it means anything. Either way, my biggest wishes for the game have been fulfilled, now that Mega Man, Sonic, and Toonie are all confirmed. Only one more character I really, really want...Ridley.
Here's Super Sonic for you.

Top Bottom