• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link General Information Discussion Thread

O Dog

Smash Cadet
NNID
orionbc84
3DS FC
1521-2681-9055
It's 'cause Lost World is coming out this month. I'm actually surprised we got the announcement so early though. I wonder if it means anything. Either way, my biggest wishes for the game have been fulfilled, now that Mega Man, Sonic, and Toonie are all confirmed. Only one more character I really, really want...Ridley.
Here's Super Sonic for you to tide you over (I edited Sonic myself).

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Silver could have a cool moveset, actually. Seriously though, this thread is for Toon Link, so let's stay on topic. :toonlink:

O Dog

Smash Cadet
NNID
orionbc84
3DS FC
1521-2681-9055
Honestly, I would think it would be Shadow more than Silver.

O Dog

Smash Cadet
NNID
orionbc84
3DS FC
1521-2681-9055
They should change Toon Link's intro to him getting off the King of Red Lions. The bomb exploding made no sense to me in Brawl.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
My biggest hope is for Sakurai to give Toon Link the ability to crawl. Imagine using your hero's shield while crawling.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
My biggest hope is for Sakurai to give Toon Link the ability to crawl. Imagine using your hero's shield while crawling.
I always imagined he'd put his shield on his back to crawl, but keep it out when merely crouching. So for example, if he crouched he could still block projectiles, but if he started crawling, he'd have to stand up to get his shield back.

Speaking of the shield! Today's picture is of something bouncing off Link's shield, and Sakurai's caption talked about how he reacts slightly when something hits the shield. Presumably the same goes for Toonie, so what does everyone think of that?

The picture:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I'd prefer it to be the Deku Leaf if it's not the boomerang. The Skull Hammer would be cool, but Kirby's already got that covered for us, and the Deku Leaf opens up possibilities that he's yet to have, while still being a fair trade for an important projectile.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Speaking of crawling, I hope Toon Link gets it. Would make him even harder to hit.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Speaking of crawling, I hope Toon Link gets it. Would make him even harder to hit.
It was super dumb he didn't have it in Brawl. Likewise, the fact that he didn't have a set of Outset clothing was silly. -_- Honestly, while I main him, his Brawl incarnation missed a lot of opportunities. Hopefully Smash 4 uses at least some of them.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Two of the things Toon Link should definitely have this time around is the ability to crawl and performing the Hurricane Spin, like I said before it's arguably Toon Link's most iconic attack in the Zelda series so he should definitely have it this time.

Oh and Fire and Ice Arrows would be great too, especially if he can aim it like the Cracker Launcher but I'm not holding my breath.... :/

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Two of the things Toon Link should definitely have this time around is the ability to crawl and performing the Hurricane Spin, like I said before it's Toon Link's most iconic attack in the Zelda series so he should definitely have it this time.

Oh and Fire and Ice Arrows would be great too, especially if he can aim it like the Cracker Launcher but I'm not holding my breath.... :/
I've always wanted the ability to aim the bow. If the boomerang has been taken and it's been replaced by something like the Deku Leaf, I'd say arrows you can aim up and down would be a suitable replacement. Perhaps there could be a way to swap arrow types as well.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
according to this picture ice/fire arrows seem rather unlikely :ohwell:
Well they could still come along with the regular arrows.

One idea I had was that Toon Link would use different arrows by chance. Normal Arrows are 50%, and Fire and Ice Arrows are 25% for example, or maybe 1/3 for each. But yeah that screenshot does make it seem unlikely but hey their still in the development phase so he might end up getting a few changes and additions by the time the games release.

I've always wanted the ability to aim the bow. If the boomerang has been taken and it's been replaced by something like the Deku Leaf, I'd say arrows you can aim up and down would be a suitable replacement. Perhaps there could be a way to swap arrow types as well.

The ability to aim the bow would definitely be a great idea and it helps differentiating Toon Link a little further from Link even if he is using the same weapon I'd say.
I guess swapping arrows may be possible by pressing the A button while you're charging perhaps? :/

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I always imagined he'd put his shield on his back to crawl, but keep it out when merely crouching. So for example, if he crouched he could still block projectiles, but if he started crawling, he'd have to stand up to get his shield back.

Speaking of the shield! Today's picture is of something bouncing off Link's shield, and Sakurai's caption talked about how he reacts slightly when something hits the shield. Presumably the same goes for Toonie, so what does everyone think of that?

The picture:

Seems like the Shield Bash has made it into Smash. Nice touch.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I was both shocked and disappointed Toon Link returned, but at the same time a bit happy.

Shocked because I didn't expect him to return after that train thing.

Disappointed because I was hoping they'd trade him in and bring back Young Link in a Link Between Two Worlds like appearance.

Happy because this could open a door for another Toon Zelda character, maybe either Toon Zelda or Vaati.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Anyone else think that Tink looks a little... odd. Mostly in Wii U version, his face & hair don't look right. In 3DS screens, it looks much better.

D

Deleted member

Anyone else think that Tink looks a little... odd. Mostly in Wii U version, his face & hair don't look right. In 3DS screens, it looks much better.
Honestly, I think he looks a lot better on the Wii U.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I was very surprised Toon Link, of all characters was unable to crawl, seeing as how he had to crawl several times in Wind Waker. And I can't forget the memorable squeak sound that plays everytime he moves while crawling.

I was surprised Sonic wasn't able to crawl either.

__

On the current topic-

Toon Link's hair covers his eyebrows in most screenshots on both versions.

I personally think he looks fine in both versions though.

And here is his page for more screenshots to compare.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/toon_link.html

jmani89

Smash Rookie
Sakurai says that the roster size will be limited
and its possible that some veterans will be cut

so he chooses to being back toon link.........
and before confirming yoshi and cfalcon too

jmani89

Smash Rookie
Yea ik
Im just saying i think Sakurai shouldve gone through all his options for characters on a supposedly tighter list before adding a clone light Toon Link

But who knows..maybe he wont be a clone this time

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yea ik
Im just saying i think Sakurai shouldve gone through all his options for characters on a supposedly tighter list before adding a clone light Toon Link
Eh we don't really know what Sakurai's priority list looks like, but I'm fairly certain that the likes of Yoshi, Zelda, Captain Falcon and Wario etc are already long done most likely before Toon Link was even revealed. He's just saving them up for a later reveal or something.

O Dog

Smash Cadet
NNID
orionbc84
3DS FC
1521-2681-9055

My Toon Link & Zelda edit from one of the new screen shots released of Zelda

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
according to this picture ice/fire arrows seem rather unlikely :ohwell:
Aw, no fire arrows, bring back fire arrows.

Oh well, he still looks better than he did in Brawl, I'm considering trying Toon Link out for the first time, and I hate Link and Toon Link, who knows maybe I'll like Toon Link and just hate regular Link.

grizby2

Smash Lord
it is weird for tink not to crawl. :|

also, Mario and donkey kong couldn't crawl despite being able to in their games as well.

honestly, I think its kinda weak that only certain characters can crawl... bowser can crawl... but not fox or falco, or anyone else that looks physically capable of crawling?!:glare:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Can Metroid crawl?

Yeah they should have given Toon Link the ability to crawl, since he did it far more often than the other Link's in the Zelda series. He also kinda should of had the Hurricane Spin attack as that's also kinda an iconic part of him but oh well... Hopefully they will try to implement those this time around....

Top Bottom