• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TKBreezy Releases New Project M Stagelist And Ruleset

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
How is Distant Planet considered neutral? Quite a few characters beg to differ. Dem leaves and platforms toats wrecks certain things.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I was gonna nitpick this, but it's not worth the time. There's something so fundamentally different between my thought process and whatever they're using. Why even have two lists? If a stage is good enough for tournament play, it should be legal. If it's the former but can be polarized towards in some match ups, it should be a CP.

I hope the video gets fixed soon, I want to hear their thoughts.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
I think it's important to understand that having a huge tournament stagelist with a ton of starters, a ton of counterpicks, and a ton of bans is incredibly convoluted, wastes time, and is usually unbalanced. While I'm not a huge fan of the selection of legal stages on page 2, I do think that page 1 is excellent. This is a step in the right direction, and I hope TOs try this out so we can figure out what works well and what needs adjustments.

Last edited:

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
That logic can be applied to EVERY stage
I didn't know FD had platforms.

Distant Planet's problem is it's massive, and at the same time there's enough space for characters who excel in campy environments like Samus to be even better since it has platforms. It's not really a neutral at all, but I'm fine with it.

I'll just strike it every time. Who cares.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

FD is certainly a neutral stage by definition, but it does not favor characters evenly. Have a chain grab or projectile? Excellent. Few approach options? gg.

I can get behind the stage list, though. RIP Lylat :(
I don't know anyone who likes lylat lol, I'm glad it's gone.

thedoctr11

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedoctr11
Having trouble getting this to work. using Homebrew. Can anyone direct me to a tutorial of sorts? Or where to put the files specifically?

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
The only reason no one liked Lylat was because of the edges. Thankfully they were reworked to be a little more forgiving when recovering from under the stage. The stage layout itself is amazing, and I'm glad it's still an option on pg. 2

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
I really don't get why there is two list. If you have 10 neutrals and 6 starters why not keep the variety in the game? It seems silly to to have 10 stages legal in ONE rule set and then have ANOTHER rule set that says you can only pick these 6 stages. Even as a view, I like seeing other stages. I know S@X (Baltimore) is known for "LoL Smashville or GTFO" but I enjoy seeing Dracula's Castle or PS1 every now and then.

On top of that, I think FoD is are more balanced counter pick, even starter, than Yoshi's (Brawl) but w/e....

kaizo13

Smash Champion
anyone complaining about this list doesn't understand the thought process behind it. This list is pretty much as balanced as it can get, with an even amount of small/big stages and short/high ceilings.

those asking for FoD....no, that would throw off the stage size balance. replacing YI (brawl) with FoD will give us 3 small stages in counterpicks (FoD+ WW+ YS).....so, no

Last edited:

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Some of these front page writers are really bad.

For those wondering, the reason the video was taken down is because the PMDT is upset this was done and dont sanction it. Now some peeps are in some hot water.
http://prntscr.com/4f6880

Last edited:

Dott

Smash Ace
Why Fountain
That's like Roy's best stage ever.

With the most epic stage song of all time.

EVERYTHING OF THAT STAGE IS GREAT.

Last edited:

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
But... there are 16 stages with this ruleset. That's more options than we had before.
Not this ruleset in particular, I think it's great. Just in general people tend to want to play on less and less stages.

Recess

Smash Rookie
These are the most played stages anyway so I wouldnt mind using this

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
anyone complaining about this list doesn't understand the thought process behind it. This list is pretty much as balanced as it can get, with an even amount of small/big stages and short/high ceilings.

those asking for FoD....no, that would throw off the stage size balance. replacing YI (brawl) with FoD will give us 3 small stages in counterpicks (FoD+ WW+ YS).....so, no
I get the balance reasoning. I'm just complaining because it upsets me that the stage that is almost unanimously agreed as Roy's best stage isn't on the default list. Oh well, I still got Yoshi's Story and GHZ so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
No, he can't do the same on Smashville because there's a moving platform on the stage so it allows characters to at least get away from the lasers. A character like Samus can't utilize missile cancels when there's no platform so its an easy way to get away from missile spam.
Well, that makes more sense.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Some of these front page writers are really bad.

For those wondering, the reason the video was taken down is because the PMDT is upset this was done and dont sanction it. Now some peeps are in some hot water.
http://prntscr.com/4f6880
Great catch, I wasn't keeping up on the r/smashbros page, only the one in r/ssbpm.

I never once thought that this was supposed to be something official, more along the lines of TKBreezy's and SOJ's personal tournament ruleset. Hopefully they don't receive too much flack, they are some of the most outspoken members of the PMDT that actually look for feedback themselves.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
why would the PMDT be upset at this? they themselves said they didn't want to take part in setting rulesets/stagelists for competitive play

isn't that the main reason for PMBR>PMDT??

also last time i checked, TK isn't part of PMDT

Last edited:

Tagxy

Smash Lord
The PMBR doesnt exist anymore Im pretty sure, I think its just the PMDT. Rather its a name change.

MS DOS

Smash Rookie
I'm a little sad to see FoD gone (outside of that ridiculous second list,) but other than that I can get into this. At the moment, both TK's and the default stagelist are fine with me, at least.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No one's in trouble. It simply caused a lot of confusion. Personally I've been asked by multiple people if it was official. It should be cleared up shortly.

On a more personal note, I won't be running anything like that stage list. The second page will never see counter pick use at a high level and I am a proponent of larger stage lists before arbitrary limitation.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
@ Gina the Maid Gina the Maid
lol my friend agrees, but only because he mains Metaknight.

That logic can be applied to EVERY stage
Not every stage has a wide base with two platforms that you can safely camp under on either side while tossing out projectiles. Then there are the leave which are pretty much a no landing zone.

It favors people with lengthy projectiles or campy gameplay. It should be a counterpick, but banning it might be too excessive... Maybe.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
The mobile version of the forums is to blame for da dubbulpostz. ':C

Last edited:

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
So many things wrong...

There are 3 medium sized starters so if a character likes medium sized stages you will almost certainly start on one.

FD being counterpick is BS. If you don't want to play on FD, you can always ban it in the initial bans. There was no reason to make it a counterpick.

FoD was removed? Yet YI is there...

Why are we limiting the amount of stage choices? This game has a lot of tourney viable stages so why only play on a handful of them? Sure some of them may be redundant (not really though) but trying to condense the size to be more like melee/brawl is not the smartest move. This is its own game and should be viewed as such when making important rules such as which stages are viable.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Warioware and Yoshi Story should both not be legal if it meant axeing FoD. Makes no sense.

:018:

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
People be mad that FoD is not here and blame YI, but not Norfair? You must be crazy.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, technically Smashville is THE most balanced stage in the game just because it's both a platformless stage and one with a platform. All characters can do everything they normally do on FD/PS2/Battlefield on it, and at times they can't. It's a stage that almost no characters do badly on by default.
Doesn't help that it's still gay. Ness v. Balloon 100-0 in the Balloon's favor.

Shoutouts to my Ness ******:

@GMaster171 @Bryonato @SinisterB @The_NZA

Last edited:

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I love this except... Norfair? I don't even dislike the setup. I just really REALLY hate the lighting on that stage. It's hard to see!

Une

Smash Apprentice
I will NEVER understand how in the flying hell Skyloft, Dracula's Castle, or Distant Planet were ever allowed. Or maybe the dude I was playing with just had whack ass stages on.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to miss the old Norfair. Sure it wasn't tailored to competitive play like the new version seems to be, but it was one of my favorites for just goofing around.

Recess

Smash Rookie
I'm really interested in seeing this new and improved Norfair tbh it looks very cool.

#FreeKongoJungle

Top Bottom