• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Titan Tournament! *CANCELLED*

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
I'll try and bring the Lansing crew. Ito's always up for a good smashfest/tourny, but he's got quite a mouth on him. Kevin may come but I don't know if he wants to pay.

I would suggest you have a cover charge for people who want to come but aren't playing in the tournament (3-5 bucks?).

That money would go directly to the church and wouldn't even have to touch the pot.
sounds good! i'll put that in the front page.

Acro

Smash Ace
this tourny is prob going to blow but oh well I think were coming anyway cause its fun to own people who dont know how to play the game.

300 Miles.. not too bad thats like a tank of gas or less. sounds like we will prob be there long as other people go

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm there for sure, along with 2/3 other people.

I'm walking my *** if the car breaks down.

this tourny is prob going to blow but oh well I think were coming anyway cause its fun to own people who dont know how to play the game.
qft

plus midland will be there and lansing so it won't really be all that lame

Nabizzle

Smash Rookie
Yo anyway you could move the location a little closer to lansing michigan? because i dont want to drive about an hour and a half just for a smash tourney:) plus if it does get closer i could get about 3 more people to come not including me

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
again, i wish i could, but i can't. the pastor now is having last-minute second thoughts about letting me hold it, so i'm basically debating with him tooth and nail about letting me hold this. so far, it's still on, but he said i'll definitely know by sunday, so keep your fingers crossed! the reason why he's getting second thoughts is because he doesn't know you guys, so if any of you guys come, as far as telling pastor how long we've known each other, "we've known each other about a year, year and a half."

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
have a backup plan.

Host it at your's or a friend's house, or some other public event center. You could even be a sneaky *******, and keep the proceeds to yourself if the church refuses to let you hold it there.

Though that may be morally wrong... you'd have money to show the pastor why he should've listened to you (is that a sin or not?)

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
have a backup plan.

Host it at your's or a friend's house, or some other public event center. You could even be a sneaky *******, and keep the proceeds to yourself if the church refuses to let you hold it there.

Though that may be morally wrong... you'd have money to show the pastor why he should've listened to you (is that a sin or not?)
public event center.........like what? gibraltar trade center? just curious, do you know how much it is to rent space there? and i don't have a friends house big enough, and i don't have a lot of friends. i only got a few, and only one of them play smash, and their house isn't big enough for the amount of people we got coming.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Herm... well one reason I'd say keep the proceeds to yourself is to pay for the prospected place. And a public events center could even be a school cafeteria if they'd allow it. Any place you think they'd allow any run of the mill citizen to hold a public event.

Or, I don't know how far out in the boonies you are, but if there's a gaming center of any sort near you, they may be willing to host it. If you are unsure as to what I'm talking about, check out this link http://www.fragcenter.com/ That's the only place I can think of in my area. I honestly hate going there though... a bunch of CS and WoW freaks over thar.

Nabizzle

Smash Rookie
hey theres a community center in east lansing with tons of room to hold probably about 75 ppl for smashbros and im close to sure its really cheap to use for a day my parents held a dinner there and a grad party and it really does the job well so just a suggestion if you need somewhere cheap to hold the tourney im not really sure how to schedule an event tho ill do some research when i get some time

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
whotf are you?! you live in east lansing, play smash, and I don't know you. There's something wrong there.

Also, why does everyone want this thing to be in Lansing? The kid's doing it FOR HIS CHURCH. Which is probably FAR AWAY.

Or not... I'm too lazy to look it up.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
whotf are you?! you live in east lansing, play smash, and I don't know you. There's something wrong there.

Also, why does everyone want this thing to be in Lansing? The kid's doing it FOR HIS CHURCH. Which is probably FAR AWAY.

Or not... I'm too lazy to look it up.
actually it's on the first page. my church is in wyandotte michigan. so yeah, lansing is outta the question. :ohwell:

alcheato

Smash Ace
I'm supposed to visit a friend at Michigan State that weekend so if this thing is close by, I'll stop in.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
For the last time, this place isn't near Lansing. Marthmaster stop sucking at interpreting tone of voice on the internet.

Nabizzle

Smash Rookie
yeah actually i live in okemos and im 13 years old im pretty good at smash bros and the only way i would beable to come to this tourney is if it is less then an hour awayor if i get a ride wit someone and ithot that the community center would be a great place cuz its awesomely cheap and btw ipslne do you go to mcdonald middle school by anychance

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not coming to this after all; I'm going to go see my dad in Washington D.C.

Acro

Smash Ace
lol well he may bring more but i'm just saying he's the only person worth playing of ann arbor haha altho the rest of the ann arbor kids may beat you marthmaster

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
ATTENTION:

ANYBODY WHO IS THINKING ABOUT GOING, OR IS PLANNING ON IT, PLEASE CHECK THE FIRST PAGE IMMEDIATELY.

yeah it stinks, i know, but bear with me. the pastor's oldest son has cancer, and he's fighting for his life. so the pastor's sister (i think she's the one) is holding a spaghetti dinner the night before to help raise money to pay for his medical bills, and pastor said he would prefer it to be on a friday, 'cause if it's on a saturday, we have to worry about getting it finished for service on sunday. so chances are, it'll be rescheduled on a friday. we're still discussing a date, but he's really busy.

Top Bottom