• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Hmmm, a lot of good points being brought up here, but let us consider the following...

HA! GOT EEM!
Camilla for Smash? .... that's GENIUS! She'll make the entire Smash Fandom loyal to Fire Emblem. She also fights with an axe as people have been wanting an FE character that uses a weapon other than a sword.

CAMILLA PROJECTS HER LOYALTY

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Camilla for Smash? .... that's GENIUS! She'll make the entire Smash Fandom loyal to Fire Emblem. She also fights with an axe as people have been wanting an FE character that uses a weapon other than a sword.

CAMILLA PROJECTS HER LOYALTY
Or people will just gloss over her boobs, but an axe user would be great

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I can see 5mash being made by someone other than Sakurai. Pretty sure he said after Melee and Brawl that he was done with the series and his health has been getting worse. Plus, it'd be nice to see someone else take a shot at making a Smash game.

Ganon does have moveset changes, namely his side b. His jab and fair have always been different and his ftilt and dtilt were made slightly different in Brawl. Amusingly enough, he was actually made to be more like Falcon thanks to a patch that made his nair act more like Falcon's with the first hit being a set up for the second rather than having two strong hits.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Ganon does have moveset changes, namely his side b. His jab and fair have always been different and his ftilt and dtilt were made slightly different in Brawl. Amusingly enough, he was actually made to be more like Falcon thanks to a patch that made his nair act more like Falcon's with the first hit being a set up for the second rather than having two strong hits.
No, he needs like his entire moveset redone. Seriously, he has so many options (his sword or trident ), why not give him those? Sure, he could keep a few punch and kicks but it's about time he becomes his own character

:135:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No, he needs like his entire moveset redone. Seriously, he has so many options (his sword or trident ), why not give him those? Sure, he could keep a few punch and kicks but it's about time he becomes his own character

Will never happen

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

He technically is.

More of his own character than someone like Roy is, at least.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Personally, I'd prefer it if Lucina got the wolf treatment where her move-set architecture was clearly similar to Marth's, but vastly different at the same time. Though that may simply be wishful thinking since the big man himself said

" When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say she was very lucky to join the fray!"

~Masahiro Sakurai

People tend to forget Robin was the main addition in the reveal, with Lucina being a nice bonus.

All in all, figuring out who is going to be in the next Smash Bros. is as fruitful as Arthur going to the lottery.

However, on the topic of Lucina, Sakimichan did it again.

391ae5e983deeb482a9dcb1225e9e1b1-d9yq9dc.jpg

S̶h̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶w̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶i̶z̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶.̶

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Personally, I'd prefer it if Lucina got the wolf treatment where her move-set architecture was clearly similar to Marth's, but vastly different at the same time. Though that may simply be wishful thinking since the big man himself said

" When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say she was very lucky to join the fray!"

~Masahiro Sakurai

People tend to forget Robin was the main addition in the reveal, with Lucina being a nice bonus.

All in all, figuring out who is going to be in the next Smash Bros. is as fruitful as Arthur going to the lottery.

However, on the topic of Lucina, Sakimichan did it again.

S̶h̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶w̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶i̶z̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶.̶
That's one badass picture

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
who knows what sakurai will do really, he kinda seems a bit unpredictable

What is this exactly?
A big wifi only tourney, it's been kind of a disaster thus far tho. I'm sticking through it however. Maybe I'll get to play some big names :p

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180

I agree that Ganon should get a revised moveset given the incredible amount of options from his source. And if they worry about the people who love old Ganon being upset, they can just add Black Shadow. My original point was merely that Ganon has indeed gotten moveset changes since Melee.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
He technically is.

More of his own character than someone like Roy is, at least.
Your right he is compared to other characters but considering who it is we are talking about, it's an embarrassment that his a (semi)clone.

I agree that Ganon should get a revised moveset given the incredible amount of options from his source. And if they worry about the people who love old Ganon being upset, they can just add Black Shadow. My original point was merely that Ganon has indeed gotten moveset changes since Melee.
Exactly. They literally have a number of options they can chose from and yet they just stick with on that's not working.

Yeah I knew what you meant. Like I said, while he has changed, he has not changed in the way he deserves

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

Folt

Smash Ace
Your right he is compared to other characters but considering who it is we are talking about, it's an embarrassment that his a (semi)clone.

Exactly. They literally have a number of options they can chose from and yet they just stick with on that's not working.

Yeah I knew what you meant. Like I said, while he has changed, he has not changed in the way he deserves
I'd personally rather have Falcondorf. He's a brutal beast and I love it!

ThatRandomGuy42

Mr Arcfire
NNID
ThatRandomGuy42
3DS FC
4914-4785-4189
I got a question for you all.
When a game is failing and you're going to lose a set, how do you keep a good mindset?

I just came back from a small local where I came third with Robin, but in my last game, I kinda just gave up when the game went 2-1. In losers finals. Just how do you keep a good mindset in that situation. Game 4 was a disaster because of it

Last edited:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
When a game is failing and you're going to lose a set, how do you keep a good mindset?

I just came back from a small local where I came third with Robin, but in my last game, I kinda just gave up when the game went 2-1. In losers finals. Just how do you keep a good mindset in that situation. Game 4 was a disaster because of it
You should never give up, try to stay relaxed and tell yourself that you can do it if you want!

Gameplay wise, my mindset changes completely when I see that I'm in a bad position:
I usually changes my gameplay from a pretty offensive one to an extremely careful and defensive one but if I see that not even this is working I opt for a "mixed" gameplay: I stay defensive but sometimes I approach and try to bait the opponent, and if he do something risky I'm ready to punish him!

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

I just remind myself that I'm only playing a game and that I should be having fun and not caring about winning or losing.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
"Never give up! Trust your instincts!"

Although, I can imagine very few players can sit there and think they have a chance if they're on last stock with high damage while their opponent has 2 stocks and low/no damage. Yay for 2 stock metas making SDs so crippling!

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720

My method is actually taking satisfaction in your current placing.
You made losers finals, which put you at a guaranteed 3rd place, and I assume you walked out with a little cash :p
Top 3 is pretty notable, even in lowly locals. I suggest you just take solace in how far you came, and try to push yourself through the last stretch remaining.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
First Spain, now Russia? Well, I got nothing to say on the matter.

That's not what I meant.
I know

Also, Bayonetta needs to be changed in order to be unbanned

Top Bottom