• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Nah Nah
GG! Glad we finally got to play!
On the real tho, it sucks to get stomped for the third day in a row LOL.
GGs
I know that feel tho, it's hard to really enjoy a match/set when you're getting wrecked. I was actually getting destroyed by this Pac-Man earlier today and it wasn't fun =(

I noticed you're an extremely patient player (reason why that Falcon pick at the end was so weird haha). You're probably the bane of me as a player since I like to go in deep only to get grabbed. Great Nosferatu's, and top tier edge guarding.
.....wait, me, patient? I never really thought of myself as the patient type....

I do notice that you don't pick up your items very often though so you can always improve in that area.
yeeeeeeeeeah that's something I've been trying to work on lately. Still not there yet with the book catching....

I think I'd need to watch the replays (I saved some of them) in order to try to give some advice in return, so hopefully you can wait till tomorrow for that. I think I can upload a few of them too, would you want me to do that and post them here and see what everyone else thinks or no?

One thing I do remember though is that you do seem good at pivots, so there's that.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
ゼロ_st_にやり.png

YOU THOUGHT THIS WHOLE TIME I WAS ZERO?
Zero Brando.png

BUT IT WAS ME, DIO!

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I bet Marth gets a lot of "tips" for his great customer service.
Ike would accept a tip, but he doesn't need to get one. Aether way works for him.
But can either of them, "seal" a deal like Roy can?

Lord Super Kami Guru save us!
The problem with all of them is that they can't even compare to Robin on the scale of business.
And Lucina.... has no puns that I can make.

(So many puns)

Gemneye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xdragonfireboix
GGs
I know that feel tho, it's hard to really enjoy a match/set when you're getting wrecked. I was actually getting destroyed by this Pac-Man earlier today and it wasn't fun =(

.....wait, me, patient? I never really thought of myself as the patient type....

yeeeeeeeeeah that's something I've been trying to work on lately. Still not there yet with the book catching....

I think I'd need to watch the replays (I saved some of them) in order to try to give some advice in return, so hopefully you can wait till tomorrow for that. I think I can upload a few of them too, would you want me to do that and post them here and see what everyone else thinks or no?

One thing I do remember though is that you do seem good at pivots, so there's that.
I'm glad I could be your rebound then. :) WHO'S GOING TO BE MY REBOUND NOW HUH?

Maybe it's because when I play at my friend's house everyone goes in ham, but that's how I see you play. I'm not sure if baiting is considered patient play, but I know you do it quite a bit. I never really got around to beating you when you did that.

Do you usually catch items with Z or A? I've recently broke habit and tried it with Z and it's been working out really well for me; not that I catch that many but it feels a lot better with Z.

Not a problem. Any advice is very much welcomed! Sure I'd love it if you could post them. I want to watch them myself. :) I don't have a capture card so isn't it hard to get good replays with the video time limit being capped at 3 minutes anyways?

Thanks for the compliment! In actually though if you realized how many times I rolled backwards... It's hit or miss when I shield grab, but I've got it pretty much down when grabbing with Z. I saw a couple of your pivot grabs too. :)

Nah

Smash Champion
I use A to catch items. Guess I could try using Z and see how that goes.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Kinda hope that Fiora comments on Zephyr's design in PXZ2. He looks an awful lot like someone she knows...

Unfortunately, what people save on the money, they lose on the extra perks.
Speaking of which, Roy would have a hard time recovering should he ever fall down.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Re: using A or Z to catch items. Just keep in mind that A is also obviously the attack button so you can catch and attack at the same time, which may or may not be what you want. So I also personally think it might be better to catch with Z unless you also want to attack.

Typical example: throw tome and if the opponent shield, run up and jump to catch tome. Use A to also throw out nair to keep opponents in the shield or catch an unsuspecting opponent, or Z to act out faster without committing to an option (nair) or do Z-drop shenanigans.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I bet Marth gets a lot of "tips" for his great customer service.
Ike would accept a tip, but he doesn't need to get one. Aether way works for him.
But can either of them, "seal" a deal like Roy can?

Lord Super Kami Guru save us!
The problem with all of them is that they can't even compare to Robin on the scale of business.
And Lucina.... has no puns that I can make.

(So many puns)

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I find it odd that last night when I was doing my Physics Programming HW, I had the Lylat System theme from Star Fox 64 playing in the background once I got to the part relating to planets orbiting around a star or another planet. It took me about 6 hours to finish the rest of the Physics Programming. Usually I have a song stuck on my head playing during say classes or even when I'm listening to something else. This one, despite listening to it for a good 6 hours last night, I did not have it stuck on my head playing all day. I didn't even dream about Star Fox last night either. Just the usual dreams I get.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Remember how I said I owned the respective games of my Fire Emblem Amiibos now?

I wasn't lying.
Edit: For those wondering why I took a picture of my 3ds, I own the digital copy of Awakening since it was out of stock when I was gonna get it.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I've been playing Pit quite a bit
He's fun to play but I must say;
His way of fighting isn't normally my style,
But his upbeat tune and spunk gives me a good feeling I haven't felt in a while.

He has a cute charm, but he won't wait to smack you with the Upperdash Arm.
Pit likes to make work with his bow, controlling those arrows makes for quite a show.
Watch out for those Guardian Orbitars for they'll reflect your shots
Faster then Pit will gloat and say "Man, am I hot!"

It's late and I got bored...

NNID
evenet2013
3DS FC
1005-8775-7263
SkarmNightmare (Brett) SkarmNightmare (Brett)

GRAVITY FALLS JUST WENT FROM 0 TO 109 REAL QUICK!
Link?
Is Canadian thanksgiving on a specific date?

On an unrelated note, earlier when viewing this thread half of the images were broken. Even @Koiba's avatar.
Edit: What is this?
Edit2: Here's a cool image I found.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Yes, and #ReviveMememan

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
But his upbeat tune and spunk gives me a good feeling I haven't felt in a while.

Pit likes to make work with his bow, controlling those arrows makes for quite a show.

Recently, I've been playing with good ol' Mr. Fox,
even though this ain't Melee, I still think he rocks!

Maybe it's just cause I'm hoping for Wolf DLC,
that would make me most happy, I do guarantee!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

You playing Pit(no matter the reason...spill out the hot springs)is a great idea...and that poem to. Keeps me relaxed after Gravity Falls. Speaking of Gravity Falls...
Link?

Yes, and #ReviveMememan
Noone has a link besides Disney XD...in a minute at 9pm pacific

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Let's see what's going on in the social thread tod-

Folt

Smash Ace
Man, it sounds like you have a lot in common with Lucina! You could both use some tips on what to do :^)
God are we being rather a nasty bunch here.

Then again, it's all to be expected of someone who can't

:cool:

tip the scale!

(That was a terrible joke, I know.)

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
I found something beautiful...
God are we being rather a nasty bunch here.

Then again, it's all to be expected of someone who can't

:cool:

tip the scale!

(That was a terrible joke, I know.)
When you tip the scales...

Top Bottom