• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Toon Link fits the bill better I'd say. They're using the toon design a lot more, he kinda works with retro color schemes and he qualifies as a younger link rep, as his wind waker form is like 10 years old.
I believe he's 12, actually(according to his SSBB trophy anyway). And yeah, :4tlink: is the definitive younger version, as he is the one they keep using.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Hm, I guess so. Then again, Ike's only been a main character in 2 games.
The thing with Ike is that he's a huge fan favourite in japan. He was like 4th on a popularity poll of all nintendo characters in a big magazine. If that didn't happen O would have bet money on him not returning

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
The thing with Ike is that he's a huge fan favourite in japan. He was like 4th on a popularity poll of all nintendo characters in a big magazine. If that didn't happen O would have bet money on him not returning
Doesn't the Japanese hate Ike or something? I mean, if the extremely poor sales of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are any indication. I also remember a time that when Ike was announced to be fighter for Smash 4, the Japanese were kinda pissed about it and wanted Chrom to be in the game instead. It's only recently that the Japanese came to like him (for some unknown reason). I think Sakurai placed Ike in Smash for either A. Sakurai likes Ike or B. Its for the American fans of the game.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Doesn't the Japanese hate Ike or something? I mean, if the extremely poor sales of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are any indication. I also remember a time that when Ike was announced to be fighter for Smash 4, the Japanese were kinda pissed about it and wanted Chrom to be in the game instead. It's only recently that the Japanese came to like him (for some unknown reason). I think Sakurai placed Ike in Smash for either A. Sakurai likes Ike or B. Its for the American fans of the game.
F-Zero didn't sell all too well here and yet we love Captain Falcon to death.

Folt

Smash Ace
Yeah. We love Captain Falcon to death. Captain Falcon. You could say Captain Falcon is F-Zero.

I can't even remember whoever else come from F-Zero anymore.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I feel that a lot of the love for Captain Falcon comes from his Smash Bros. appearance.

SSB Falcon is one of the best examples of a Fountain of Memes out there!

Literally, with no exaggeration, EVERYTHING he says is a meme!

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Captain Falcon is the face of F-Zero at best. Although if I had to say people like Captain Falcon as his own independent thing, who just happens to be from F-Zero. I mean, the reasons everyone loves him are completely original. I remember at one point people were asking for a Captain Falcon game rather than a F-Zero game.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I don't believe they did, I actually did a bit of googling and found the polls I was talking about. I believe the first was done right after KI:U came out, and the second one was shortly after that. They both show that Ike is rated really highly by at least a decent portion of the japanese fanbase:

Yeah. We love Captain Falcon to death. Captain Falcon. You could say Captain Falcon is F-Zero.

I can't even remember whoever else come from F-Zero anymore.
Falcon is the closest thing we have to being a Smash original. He's known far better from smash than from anything he's done in a racecar.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
I'm pretty sure people loves the Smash Falcon not the F-Zero Falcon. Now I didn't mean any ill intent about my Ike comment, I'm just basing my opinion on what I heard from the rumors during the Smash 4 hype.

I don't believe they did, I actually did a bit of googling and found the polls I was talking about. I believe the first was done right after KI:U came out, and the second one was shortly after that. They both show that Ike is rated really highly by at least a decent portion of the japanese fanbase:

Huh. Guess those rumors I've heard are misinformed then :/

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Nah.
I think some Japanese people just don't like how he looks in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
Captain Falcon is still here 'cause of memes.
It's sad, but true...

But we still love him!
:4falcon:SHOW ME YA MOVEZ!1!11!!!1 :4falcon:

Folt

Smash Ace
Falcon is the closest thing we have to being a Smash original. He's known far better from smash than from anything he's done in a racecar.
And I guess that's kind of the point.

Though the real originals are the Mii Fighters... in a way.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Captain Falcon is still here 'cause of memes.
It's sad, but true...

But we still love him!
:4falcon:SHOW ME YA MOVEZ!1!11!!!1 :4falcon:
It's less of memes and more of just he's the mascot of Smash Bros.

Besides him screaming Falcon Punch and Show me Ya moves isn't moreso memes but just because he's over the top with it like a superhero. He's aggressive, fast and flashy and is the perfect representation of F-Zero.

Fast, aggressive and over the top

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Captain Falcon is the face of F-Zero at best. Although if I had to say people like Captain Falcon as his own independent thing, who just happens to be from F-Zero. I mean, the reasons everyone loves him are completely original. I remember at one point people were asking for a Captain Falcon game rather than a F-Zero game.
Plus its hard to find other reps from F-Zero that can really live up to what Captain Falcon does in smash, but a MAN CAN DREAM.
Really wish Pico or even someone like Bio Rex or Beastman could be in smash.

Edit: Remember when I would make a Zero ZeRo, I did it and its glouriously poop.
ZeRo_portraite.png

Last edited:

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
It's less of memes and more of just he's the mascot of Smash Bros.

Besides him screaming Falcon Punch and Show me Ya moves isn't moreso memes but just because he's over the top with it like a superhero. He's aggressive, fast and flashy and is the perfect representation of F-Zero.

Fast, aggressive and over the top
I agree with you, but a lot of people just spam "show me your moves" and "falcon punch" just like the Shulk "reallyfeelingit" boys.
Btw, I like Falcon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry. I was in Denver visiting my uncle and aunt at the hospital because they had their recently adopted infant son lifeflighted here. He has organ problems so we came to see him, poor little guy... Anyway, I can still play you tonight if you can or tomorrow or whenever you feel like it, if you feel like it.

I remember I still owe YOU matches. :laugh:
Yes, you do owe me matches! Just message me on skype whenever you want to play~

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

[/SPOILER]
Looking at these two polls, I noticed that Yoshi moved up from 8th to 7th, taking Chrom's spot who subsequently dropped all the way down to the 20th spot.

In other words, YOSHI SABOTAGED CHROM! AND HE HIRED FALCON TO FINISH THE JOB!

YOSHILLUMINATI CONFIRMED! :yoshi: :troll:
I think some Japanese people just don't like how he looks in Smash 4.
They wanted pretty-boy Ike, not buff manly-man Ike!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I agree with you, but a lot of people just spam "show me your moves" and "falcon punch" just like the Shulk "reallyfeelingit" boys.
Btw, I like Falcon.
Yeah but let's be honest, most people would do it going "TIME TO TIP THE SCALES" "I FIGHT FOR MY FRIENDS" "PERSONALLY I PREFER THE AIR" and "OKAY. PK FIYA"

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Btw, I like Falcon.
The action itself isn't a meme, but people who do that are memers. Dirty ones at that. DIRTY MEMERS THEY ARE! But Good man, everyone should at least appreciate Falcon on some level.

Plus its hard to find other reps from F-Zero that can really live up to what Captain Falcon does in smash, but a MAN CAN DREAM.
Really wish Pico or even someone like Bio Rex or Beastman could be in smash.

Edit: Remember when I would make a Zero ZeRo, I did it and its glouriously poop.
I remember when I was young I wanted Stewart in smash, but so I could beat him up. I was nine years old, and just really didn't like his hair.

I'm such a good person.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I personally like Falcon as a character though the way people play him (usually on FG) tend to give him a bad reputation of being BM.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Truth be told, Falcon actually got me to buy F Zero X and the SNES game. He's also pretty fun to use in Smash and has been among my mains ever since.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei

Wait, wait, hold on a second there, who's that guy with more votes than Palutena, Fox, Dark Pit, and freakin SONIC, is that...

WALUIGI?

The character I've been wanting and voting for in Smash since additional characters were announced. Almost as popular as Marth and Zelda.

Too bad he's doomed to be an assist trophy. Maybe he'll make it in Smash 5.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Pit higher than Mario?

NINTENDO MAKE PIT THE FACE OF NINTENDO RIGHT ******* NOW!...please

Nah

Smash Champion
@Gemneye My Wii U seems to be cooperating so lemme know if/when you wanna do matches.

Wait, wait, hold on a second there, who's that guy with more votes than Palutena, Fox, Dark Pit, and freakin SONIC, is that...

WALUIGI?
I had no idea that Waluigi had any significant amount of popularity.....

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Unrelated post is unrelated.

^ This blew my God damn mind when I found out.
Wait, seriously? Waluigi has been one of the most popular Mario characters for years now!

"In WAAAAH! We Trust!"

In other news, my likes are now

So thank you all!!! I couldn't have done it without you, literally!

Over 9000 boyz is nearly upon us....

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
@Gemneye My Wii U seems to be cooperating so lemme know if/when you wanna do matches.

Waluigi still won't be playable in Smash 4...*Inb4 someone tries to hate and stuff*

Nah

Smash Champion
Wait, seriously? Waluigi has been one of the most popular Mario characters for years now!
Yeah....Waluigi always seemed more like a meme than actually popular to me. Wouldn't exactly be one of my guesses for top 5 most popular Mario characters, several other seem more likely to fit in there

>Age: 15

WHAT

how the hell is that possible

.....then again it is Pokemon

Top Bottom