• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
So am I the only one who's not bothered in the slightest about.....basically everything everyone seems to have a problem with in If/Fates?

Also found this the other day lol:
Don't worry, you're not alone.

Also that picture is hilarious.
Edit* And I thought this picture deserved sharing as well.

So precious. I'm dying. Send help!

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Everyone here be obsessing over the issue of stripping people of their clothes and marrying blood relatives while I'm here obsessing over how to strip monsters of their flesh and how to consume their blood in Bloodborne. I swear that game makes you feel less and less human whenever you play it, which is probably the point.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Incest is a pretty controversial topic much like same gender marriage. I can understand the complaint and how it is creeping some people out. Personally, I have nothing against it.

With that said, the people here are overreacting too much about this. First of all, if you find the option to marry your siblings alone already creepy just pick the Nohr version because nobody there is biologically related to you so the option is not there.

Although I do find it a bit hypocritical that people are okay marrying Nohr siblings but not Hoshido. Imagine growing up with the girl you were thinking as your sister and then suddenly want to make her your wife. Related or not, it is almost the same case.

Secondly, past FE games and not to mention a lot of book stories contain incest to some degree. As long as it is written well everything is good with me.

Now I have no words for the stripping part. I am neither for nor against it but..it certainly doesn't feel like a Fire Emblem feature to me. When people say "anime like" and too fanservicy...yeah I feel like they are right(What was IS thinking) but I still feel like the fanbase rages waaay to hard about this. The main point of FE:Fates(Story and Gameplay) can still be enjoyed without that part being in your gameplay and it still leaves you with (hopefully) good experience.

Those are extra features. Someting like the contest hall in Pokemon.
I never agreed with Incest, whether it was Camilla to Hinoka. Hell, the character I was most interested was Silas, and I'm a dude.

But yes. The main issue with Optional parts is that they become integral only a few games down the line. During the announcement of FEFATES, they described the Avatar as "An integral part of the Fire Emblem Experience." The Avatar existed in Two, maybe three games before Fates. Awakening, Heroes of Light and Shadow, and MAAAAAYBE Blazing sword.

Future Children may become the next avatar, and that hamstrings plot.

Face rubbing may be the next feature fire emblem can't go without.

EDIT:
I've been avoiding FE Fates spoilers but I'd like an answer to just oooone little thing...
is there same sex marriage?
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54871&page=109
Same Sex marriage is confirmed according to that poster. How reliable he may be is up to question.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Everyone here be obsessing over the issue of stripping people of their clothes and marrying blood relatives while I'm here obsessing over how to strip monsters of their flesh and how to consume their blood in Bloodborne. I swear that game makes you feel less and less human whenever you play it, which is probably the point.
I'm worried about smash bros. not Fates. honestly I don't give a **** about fates. It just does not look interesting. I come here because all of you guys are funny.

D

Deleted member

So am I the only one who's not bothered in the slightest about.....basically everything everyone seems to have a problem with in If/Fates?
This is a sign that we're meant to be together
HnxKDRE.png

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
The airquotes optional features in Fates appear to be garnering more and more emphasis; I saw some Serenes peeps saying that like 1/3 of the known units are children. That's a huge amount of content that people are missing out on if they don't want to play the marriage game like the designers want them to.
Wait, there's 30 children in Fates? Because according to one Serenes user, there's 92 units.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Aaay anyone here want to play smash bros for wii u my nnid is ichuchu.
If you give me some time to warm-up, I'll smash with you. That way, I don't use getting my @** kicked playing Bloodborne as a pre-john. Add me in the mean time. My NNID is CardinalGP.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Edit: *MASSIVE SPOILERS for Fates*

Well, I didn't need that sleep anyway.

Matsushi

True Blood
that smirk hnnnng
On another note, I certainly wouldn't mind same sex marriage at all, though I'm not even sure if it's even a thing considering that I'm trying my utmost best to remain unspoiled.
And besides, I need some of this in my life

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Eh, only thing I wouldn't want back is children from future, or at least it being better done than in Awakening.
The rest of the stuff? It's a bit weird, but it's still optional. I already said it in other place, but I've never let optional stuff spoil my game, not going to let now.
In either way, big chances that I'll try out all this weird stuff anyway and have fun with it. It's a goddamn game, Jesus.

I never agreed with Incest, whether it was Camilla to Hinoka. Hell, the character I was most interested was Silas, and I'm a dude.

But yes. The main issue with Optional parts is that they become integral only a few games down the line. During the announcement of FEFATES, they described the Avatar as "An integral part of the Fire Emblem Experience." The Avatar existed in Two, maybe three games before Fates. Awakening, Heroes of Light and Shadow, and MAAAAAYBE Blazing sword.

Future Children may become the next avatar, and that hamstrings plot.

Face rubbing may be the next feature fire emblem can't go without.
Avatar characters have always existed in games, and they have seen a rise in popularity in last years, so, most likely, IS wanted to jump that bandwagon, as well as experimenting with the concept. So, I think you chose the wrong example for that.
Honestly, as long as they make it enjoyable, I don't mind it. Not even the next avatar being a Children Unit:troll: It's actually a neat idea:roll:

As for the Face rubbing, I think you may be getting a bit too paranoid and speculative there, dear.
If it does become a thing, you can expect every jrpg out there that uses 'bonding' as a system to try to mimic that :troll:
Then it won't be a FE only thing anymore! Maybe it will even start a new trend among teens!:roll:That way no one will find that weird anymore!

What? I'm speculating too much? Oh well.:estatic:

Edit: Oh yeah, about the incest. Can't say I like it, but it was something common in medieval ages, for example, to keep the royal blood 'pure'. Maybe we'll see something like that in the game, if does happen. If not, it's not like it's the first time they have done it. oO

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Apparently amiibo Marth has voice acting, which probably means he'll be dubbed into English for the Western release... not sure what to think of that.
Nononononononononononononoono

I mean, we'll see how it all pans out. Though, Marth's Japanese voice is just.. him. Like, he can't have any other voice???? It's.. his.. voice.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
K I'll probably get rekt
C'mon. Don't be like that. Besides, I highly doubt it will be as bad as me getting rekt in Bloodborne. Anyways, I'll go set up a room.

Edit. Oh, you have one up already.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Also people, don't call these fanservice'y features 'anime stuff' and 'japanese pandering'.
It was funny the first few times, but it becomes tiring and annoying when people keep repeating it, and when they mean it.
Anime isn't just about fanservice. I can actually name a few that are actually pure disfanservice. Nor is Japanese culture full of perveted otakus.
Don't talk about something you know nothing about and is only aware of stereotypes.

D

Deleted member

Also people, don't call these fanservice'y features 'anime stuff' and 'japanese pandering'.
It was funny the first few times, but it becomes tiring and annoying when people keep repeating it, and when they mean it.
Anime isn't just about fanservice. I can actually name a few that are actually pure disfanservice. Nor is Japanese culture full of perveted otakus.
Don't talk about something you know nothing about and is only aware of stereotypes.
PREACH.

because you're sounding a bit thirsty :')))))
I have no idea how to interpret this :|.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
@ Arc_Thunder Arc_Thunder , don't keep using your double jump instinctively. You're letting me punish you for free with elthunder on your landing. Also, don't use arcfire+ in the ditto.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I think I'm going to return to my previous policy of just ignoring/very lightly skimming this thread when Fates is topic of discussion.

Things were so much better for me. And everyone else.

What will happen will happen. Stripdown, Same-Sex, incest, whatever. I'll just wait for it to come out and deal with it then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom