• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
A Sword also had a chance to hit you on its side or its hilt.

Book though? All leather, paper, and hurt no matter where it hits.

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
The Levin Sword isn't even necessarily sharp. It could just be a pointy looking metal stick charged with electricity. Heck, we don't even know if it's metal...

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Since it uses magic, it could be nothing but condensed lightning magic that takes the form of a sword to be like a physical wand.

To cast a spell, just swing it around with an incantation. Want to hit someone with it up close, just use it like a normal sword. Maybe that's how it works, idk.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I never really understood why Robin would even use the Levin Sword as a physical weapon in Smash, considering that in the FE games, its main purpose was provide sword users (who have good magic stats) with extra range against projectile users.

But I do like the idea of it being condensed lightning magic in the form of a sword. And it does look pretty sharp...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I personally think they slapped it due being the "magic sword" to Robin. So weird because aside from being Anna's signature weapon to me, this sword isn't entirely most memorable thing.

Would always prefer Killing Edge.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I personally think they slapped it due being the "magic sword" to Robin. So weird because aside from being Anna's signature weapon to me, this sword isn't entirely most memorable thing.

Would always prefer Killing Edge.
Considering Robin wakes up with a Lightning tome, and Robin 'stabs' Chrom with a lightning bolt, the connection between the Avatar and electric magic probably drove Sakurai to use the Levin Sword.

@ Hong Hong @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/08/earthbound-forever-heading-to-wii-u/

Crossing my fingers...

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Levin Sword was likely chosen because, of all the non-blessed swords, the Levin Sword is the most eye-catching, with its lightning motif seen in the sword's energy and design.

A Killing Edge or a Sonic Sword doesn't carry the same wow factor as a Levin Sword does.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
Levin Sword was likely chosen because, of all the non-blessed swords, the Levin Sword is the most eye-catching, with its lightning motif seen in the sword's energy and design.

A Killing Edge or a Sonic Sword doesn't carry the same wow factor as a Levin Sword does.
Maybe THAT'S why he caries his Levin Sword

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Considering Robin wakes up with a Lightning tome, and Robin 'stabs' Chrom with a lightning bolt, the connection between the Avatar and electric magic probably drove Sakurai to use the Levin Sword.

@ Hong Hong @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/08/earthbound-forever-heading-to-wii-u/

Crossing my fingers...
New EB? Seems farfetched, but I STILL BELIEVE IN MIRACLES, I SWEAR I'VE SEEN A FEW, AND THE TIME WILL SURELY COME WHEN YOU CAN SEE MY POINT OF VIEW, I BELIEVE IN SECOND CHANCES AND THAT'S WHY I BELIEVE IN YOU.

What if it's a 3D remake of Mother 1? Remember, it was never officially released here under the title EB0- that was a fan title.

Or all three together, or someone took up Itoi's challenge to "make him the player."

Shaymikyu

DON'T TOY WITH MY HEART LIKE THAT!!!! ;_;

inb4 Fire Emblem x MOTHER.

...Ness and Porky reached support level S!
If this is where it's going, Nintendo can take all my money forever now. But would it be FE in Mother style, or Mother in FE style?

EDIT: Take it with a grain of salt, but this article provides more possible information.

Assuming this is real and not a hoax (I've been burned too many times in the past to be 100% that this is true), it sounds like it could be a direct sequel to EB? Mother 3 was supposed to be EarthBound 2, but the "last project" thing makes it sound like it's something new. The fact that it's a bundle and "EarthBound Forever" makes me think it will include more than that, though.

Still, despite my musing, I'm still skeptical until we hear more and from more sources. It could just be a hoax, because this is the internet and the first link that came up when I Googled "EarthBound Forever" was a Reddit thread.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
God dammit. Don't save the thumbnail for those Pixiv illustrations, actually click on the picture and get the picture with proper resolution. If you don't you're going to get a lower resolution and those additional while lines.

Any picture that resembles a stack of papers on the Pixiv page are actually a collection of varies pictures, remember that.

Shaymikyu

God dammit. Don't save the thumbnail for those Pixiv illustrations, actually click on the picture and get the picture with proper resolution. If you don't you're going to get a lower resolution and those additional while lines.

Any picture that resembles a stack of papers on the Pixiv page are actually a collection of varies pictures, remember that.
Here is the picture not as a thumbnail.

And here is the original source.

The only other picture in the stack is Lucina here without the Robins.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
New EB? Seems farfetched, but I STILL BELIEVE IN MIRACLES, I SWEAR I'VE SEEN A FEW, AND THE TIME WILL SURELY COME WHEN YOU CAN SEE MY POINT OF VIEW, I BELIEVE IN SECOND CHANCES AND THAT'S WHY I BELIEVE IN YOU.

What if it's a 3D remake of Mother 1? Remember, it was never officially released here under the title EB0- that was a fan title.

Or all three together, or someone took up Itoi's challenge to "make him the player."
Aw, you beat me to the reference. :)

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

My apologizes. I just saw it and grabbed it. I'll remember that for next time. Thanks to @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu for finding the original source and the picture at full rez. ^_^

Shaymikyu

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Maybe I'll hit up the fat man up North for a GC adapter. *calls brother*

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I've gotten so used to the Pro Controller that I can't be bothered to get the adapter, lol.

How much frame delay is there with the Pro Controller?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I've gotten so used to the Pro Controller that I can't be bothered to get the adapter, lol.

That's what I'm wondering. Is it enough to even buy the GC adaptor?

Hong

The Strongest
DON'T TOY WITH MY HEART LIKE THAT!!!! ;_;

Believe, my friend.

Pro Controller, in an isolated environment without any wireless interference, will have 5~ ms delay, no more than 10 ms with interference such as blocking or a choke (not really noticeable to the human being). Where this might start to sting is if you ever intend to go to a tournament, especially if the Pro Controller and 3DS continue on seeing use as a controller option. Still shouldn't be more than a frame or two, but proceed with caution if you're ever thinking about playing at a major or a convention.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
I got the Game Cube Adapter with the box set of Smash brothers. It works really well and if you already have GC controllers and want to well, play smash with guests that don't like the wii remotes, go ahead and splurge.

If you play local multiplayer I'd suggest you go and get it, but if you only play online then don't. That's all I can really say.

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I don't know anything about the frame data, but if anything my guess is people just want to play new Smash with a familiar controller setting :/

I would't mind getting an adapter of my own either, but as I mentioned earlier I might just stick with the Wii U Pro if I can't get an adapter soon.

Hong

The Strongest
I can't stop playing FE7.
I got the Game Cube Adapter with the box set of Smash brothers. It works really well and if you already have GC controllers and want to well, play smash with guests that don't like the wii remotes, go ahead and splurge.

If you play local multiplayer I'd suggest you go and get it, but if you only play online then don't. That's all I can really say.
I like your avatar.
I don't know anything about the frame data, but if anything my guess is people just want to play new Smash with a familiar controller setting :/

I would't mind getting an adapter of my own either, but as I mentioned earlier I might just stick with the Wii U Pro if I can't get an adapter soon.
The Pro Controller is great, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Stick to it.

I'd use it if not for the fact that, aside from the pressure-sensitive triggers, the GC controller is my second favourite console controller after the Super Famicom pad. Just like the feel of it for some reason.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I can't stop playing FE7.
I thought you didn't like FE7? I understand your dislike for the forced tutorial at the beginning (I despise it too), but I got the feeling that that game was your least favorite of the GBA trilogy for various reasons other than that.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
It's time for some Robin fan art! Enjoy, my fellow tacticians! ^w^ :happysheep:

10/10 pikachu and robin

:happysheep:

I wrote a one shot for Robin and Lucina and an ongoing fic about Morgan. She likes snooping into people's dreams as usual i see.

Any other drawings on your front? :D
Noice!
And nothing FE related on my end. I've just been drawing up a bunch of refs for my ocs for some secret santa events going on.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Aaaaaaand it's now sold out. :c
Well that's disappointing, well looks like I really am going to have to get familiar with the Wii U Pro.

And I went out and bought one of those special Smash Gamecube controllers too, but if anything I'll use it for if I ever get back into PM/Brawl.

Though I doubt I will since there's no Robin

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
My main issue with the Wii U Pro Controller is how the right control stick and ABXY buttons are swapped. That detail causes a lot of muscle memory problems and it generally doesn't feel organic. It doesn't help that the layout isn't common on controllers; not even Playstation or Xbox controllers have that.

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Yeah, the button placement feels really strange to me even though they're mapped the same on the 3DS. I'll find myself hitting A when I want to hit B due to so much Gamecube usage. The "C-stick" does also feel a bit odd, but I think I just need to get used to the way it's mapped. Though old habits are hard to break...

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I never used the GCC X button in Smash, so the button setup with the Pro Controller works perfectly for me. Just put the Jump button on top and I'm good, lol.

Hong

The Strongest
I thought you didn't like FE7? I understand your dislike for the forced tutorial at the beginning (I despise it too), but I got the feeling that that game was your least favorite of the GBA trilogy for various reasons other than that.
I said FE7 is one of my least favourite Fire Emblem games, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

There is no Fire Emblem game I dislike. They are all wonderful in their own ways. Yes, even FE1, 3, and 11.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I think another issue I might be having is that I've never bothered to learn to play Smash with tap jump off. I was perfectly okay with using the control stick to jump, but now with Robin and the need for smash aerials I feel that I should learn to play with tap jump off. Yeah I could just use the C-stick, but for some reason every once in a while I will still throw out my BS whenever I have my LS. Plus when I go for Elwind spikes I won't accidentally jump before launching an Elwind, thus missing the spike hitbox.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well that's disappointing, well looks like I really am going to have to get familiar with the Wii U Pro.

And I went out and bought one of those special Smash Gamecube controllers too, but if anything I'll use it for if I ever get back into PM/Brawl.

Though I doubt I will since there's no Robin
Reading the article, it's restocking on the 15th.

I said FE7 is one of my least favourite Fire Emblem games, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

There is no Fire Emblem game I dislike. They are all wonderful in their own ways. Yes, even FE1, 3, and 11.
It's like what I tell people about Professor Layton and The Last Specter. Weakest of the Layton games? Yes. Bad? *Insert Basilio quote here*

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
The thing I dislike about the C-Stick is that it throws out NAIR from time to time and I have no clue why.

Top Bottom