• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
All these tactician/grandmaster cop outs.

Not seriously mad though, I think Grandmaster is dandy

'Tis a shame there isn't more favorite class diversity though. :\
Keep in mind, this is the Robin thread.

We're inherently biased towards that class. :p

Hong

The Strongest
If you asked me a few years ago, I would have had a negative bias against the Myrmidon class. I always played with very a very consistent, healer-heavy play style, with bare-minimal deployment counts (usually about 8 characters fielded end-game). Deaths are extremely rare for me, and I went FEs 6 to 9 without a single one on the first play through with my play style, since I assume anything with less than a 90% hitrate will miss, and any dodge above 20% will fail. As such, as an RNG-dependant class, I shunned the Myrmidon and similar classes.

These days, playing through the games again and again (particularly the struggle that is FE12), I have learned to appreciate them more. I still don't depend on them to be able to dodge stuff, but whenever you do actually dodge an attack or get a lucky crit, you may create a tactical option you would have never had otherwise. They're still not my favourite class or anything, but I suddenly find myself with more sword-users.

As for my pick, I like staff wielders in general. The beautiful thing about healers is they are 100% consequence-free. As long as you understand the concept of assessing threats correctly, you can literally have a level 1 Cleric be such a vital member of any party composition. Doesn't matter if someone is missing 1 health or 50 health; a healer can use up a turn to do something useful, without taking any EXP away from a combat class, and only potentially taking EXP from other healers. Don't want them anymore? That's fine. Nothing was lost by benching them.

If my signature was of any indication, the Troubadour is my favourite common class, since they are basically a Cleric on wheels. The most literal answer would be the Queen, but she doesn't really count since the cumulative chapters she is playable in would not even make a full game. As for non-staff wielders, I would say the Heron and other turn-granting units. In theory they are the strongest unit in the game, as they can often double the efficiency of whatever unit is currently the most valuable in a given circumstance.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
It's probably been asked a time or two before, but what is everyone's favourite Fire Emblem class?
I would say either Assassins, or the Hero/Mercenary. If any DLC were to be included I would say the Dread Fighter. I love having magic in my classes, but most mages/sages/ etc are either too fragile or too slow for my liking.

The assassins just look cool and I love the lethality skill. The Dread Fighters have a cool outfit, use magic, and have unique animations for them which I love.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
It's probably been asked a time or two before, but what is everyone's favourite Fire Emblem class?
Wyvern and Pegasus Riders. Flat out best unit type in the series (seriously every FE game seems to have a flyer that's just stupidly broken) and most of them tend to be some of the more likable characters. Pegasus Knight is favorite class to class change F!Robin to. Nothing like a + Def Robin with flight and 7-8 move that tanks absolutely everything thrown at her aside from arrows.

Last edited:

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Yo, guys. Haven't posted here in a while, great to see it's as active as ever! I'm still missing out on Smash Wii U due to being broke, but it looks great and I'm super hyped to play it even though it might not be til next year.

In the meantime, I did a second playthrough of Awakening, this time as a male Avatar that I made look somewhat like myself. It was much more successful this time, as I didn't have a single unit die, save for Libra before I could recruit him (lol dumb ai), but I never used him anyway. My team was a bit different this time, with Gaius, Kellam, and Cherche being mainstays who I didn't ever use in the first run. I had a better understanding of the overall mechanics, so it made for a much more enjoyable playthrough. I got married to Anna as soon as I could recruit her since she's my favorite character personality-wise, and her and I made a great team when paired up! Her support convos were honestly just adorable and I loved seeing the way her and MU interacted in event tiles. Just like last time, I learned a lot of new things and made more observations:

Other pairings I made were Chrom/Maribelle, Tharja/Vaike, Virion/Cherche, and Henry/Nowi. I liked the way they interacted and thought they fit well together. I think it was my better understanding of the pair-up system that made this playthrough more successful. S-supported pairs were basically super-units, and you almost never needed to grind too much if you just brought in units that needed training while you were building support.

Like someone in this thread pointed out to me, the children characters can be quite powerful! I ended up really liking Gerome, Brady, Nah, and Anna's Morgan. Plus they added a lot of personality to the group.

People take their OTPs and whatnot very seriously in the FE:A community, especially when it comes to Chrom/FemRobin. Well screw them, I wanna play as a male and marry mai waifu Anna. Lol.

Last boss is super easy if you just rush in with Chrom and his wife, usually kills in one turn. Yay for breather bosses!

Up until this playthrough I thought the SpotPass chapters were a limited offer and not available anymore, but I got them and my favorites were the Aversa and Priam chapters. Priam's in particular had such an "epic" feel to it due to how large-scale the battle was!

Anyways, I also picked up the Scramble and Champions DLC packs, which I really had a lot of fun with! My favorite convos were the ones Henry had with Kellam and Gaius and it was awesome that we got to see Anna in a swimsuit despite her not winning the popularity poll. *Ahem* yes, but I'm certainly open to any more DLC recommendations!

Currently I'm having my friend do a playthrough and he's loving it so far. He married Miriel and I also got him Shadow Dragon, which I plan on borrowing for myself once he's done. Yay for more FE!

Hong

The Strongest
Thunder Sage
Any particular reason?

Wyvern and Pegasus Riders. Flat out best unit type in the series (seriously every FE game seems to have a flyer that's just stupidly broken) and most of them tend to be some of the more likable characters. Pegasus Knight is favorite class to class change F!Robin to. Nothing like a + Def Robin with flight and 7-8 move that tanks absolutely everything thrown at her aside from arrows.
Yep. I always have bare minimum one Pegasus Knight, one Wyvern Knight, in any party composition. The mobility is amazing. As for actual combat classes, Pegasus Knight is certainly my pick.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Post Awakening, my favorite class was Troubadours. The ability to use both Swords and Lances, along with long range carried me through some rough situations.

After Awakening, Tactician/Grandmaster.

Autism FTW. :laugh:

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Hard to say. I do like dark flier, in concept at least, and not just because of galeforce. I just like the idea of a highly mobile unit that can use magic.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
I have always liked the Mercenary-Hero line simply because they had a little bit of everything except for movement but to be honest, in my opinion, the steadfast Cavalier and Paladin are the best units in the game. With the javelin and the spear they can act as mage killers and chip damage and their ridiculous movement allowed them to circle around enemy units or go wherever you need one more attack. If you need a tank they'll function almost as well as a knight only they don't need three turns to reach the place you want to hold. If you want damage, they'll double against most units unless you're playing Lunatic in which they're just fast enough to not get doubled by everything but Myrmidons.

Although Pegasus knights may have more mobility at least Paladins don't die if an archer happens to spawn on a fort without the game telling you. My endgame party almost always includes at least two Paladins.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Sages and Dark Fliers. I just love magic classes in general, and the designs on these make me happy. I also like Sorcerers and Mages (for the design, not in combat), and Taguels have a spot in my heart.

And Berserker... But only on Laurent.

My Laurent's a Sorcerer, but the temptation to keep him as a Berserker when I was getting Wrath was there...
Yo, guys. Haven't posted here in a while, great to see it's as active as ever! I'm still missing out on Smash Wii U due to being broke, but it looks great and I'm super hyped to play it even though it might not be til next year.

In the meantime, I did a second playthrough of Awakening, this time as a male Avatar that I made look somewhat like myself. It was much more successful this time, as I didn't have a single unit die, save for Libra before I could recruit him (lol dumb ai), but I never used him anyway. My team was a bit different this time, with Gaius, Kellam, and Cherche being mainstays who I didn't ever use in the first run. I had a better understanding of the overall mechanics, so it made for a much more enjoyable playthrough. I got married to Anna as soon as I could recruit her since she's my favorite character personality-wise, and her and I made a great team when paired up! Her support convos were honestly just adorable and I loved seeing the way her and MU interacted in event tiles. Just like last time, I learned a lot of new things and made more observations:

Other pairings I made were Chrom/Maribelle, Tharja/Vaike, Virion/Cherche, and Henry/Nowi. I liked the way they interacted and thought they fit well together. I think it was my better understanding of the pair-up system that made this playthrough more successful. S-supported pairs were basically super-units, and you almost never needed to grind too much if you just brought in units that needed training while you were building support.

Like someone in this thread pointed out to me, the children characters can be quite powerful! I ended up really liking Gerome, Brady, Nah, and Anna's Morgan. Plus they added a lot of personality to the group.

People take their OTPs and whatnot very seriously in the FE:A community, especially when it comes to Chrom/FemRobin. Well screw them, I wanna play as a male and marry mai waifu Anna. Lol.

Last boss is super easy if you just rush in with Chrom and his wife, usually kills in one turn. Yay for breather bosses!

Up until this playthrough I thought the SpotPass chapters were a limited offer and not available anymore, but I got them and my favorites were the Aversa and Priam chapters. Priam's in particular had such an "epic" feel to it due to how large-scale the battle was!

Anyways, I also picked up the Scramble and Champions DLC packs, which I really had a lot of fun with! My favorite convos were the ones Henry had with Kellam and Gaius and it was awesome that we got to see Anna in a swimsuit despite her not winning the popularity poll. *Ahem* yes, but I'm certainly open to any more DLC recommendations!

Currently I'm having my friend do a playthrough and he's loving it so far. He married Miriel and I also got him Shadow Dragon, which I plan on borrowing for myself once he's done. Yay for more FE!
I've seen it go the other way, too, where people instinctively hate Chrom/Robin people because of the few who get rabid. I like Chrom/Robin, but I won't hurt anyone who doesn't as long as they're respectful about it and don't act like it ruined their life. I have a lot of couples I love in Awakening, but I'm afraid to talk about them anywhere because people will have your head over certain ones. If it interferes with a popular one, they will burn you at the stake. If it's that popular one, they'll assume you're a rabid fangirl/boy who is using Character A as a vessel for your fantasies with Character B (or, in slash, have two hot guys/girls with no one interfering). I dream of finding a fandom one day where you can just like a ship without being stereotyped or attacked... Also a unicorn, which is more likely.

Chrom/Maribelle seems like it'd be fun, though, if only for Lucina's mother support suiting Maribelle perfectly.

Just don't split up Gregor and Miriel, or I will judge you! Just kidding, please don't hurt me.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Any particular reason?

in all seriousness I've always been a nut over electricity oriented classes/creatures, favorite element and always enjoy using it as long as it's not something sucky like in Order of Ecclesia, although Ily certainly helps the cause being the only one that exists throughout the localized games in the series (not sure about the Japan-only titles as I haven't played most of them).

Hong

The Strongest
And Berserker... But only on Laurent.
Berserker Laurent will SMASH...

... the rankings of Noble Prize winners with his innovative, creative, and proven studies with findings that can better all of humanity.

He will CRUSH...

... your argument piece by piece with his comprehensive knowledge presented in a critical and unbiased manner. backed up by documented sources.

Prepare to get DESTROYED BY BERSERKER LAURENT...

... with his intricately written and thorough thesis, which had you so entranced that you stayed up all night to read it through.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Berserker Laurent will SMASH...

... the rankings of Noble Prize winners with his innovative, creative, and proven studies with findings that can better all of humanity.

He will CRUSH...

... your argument piece by piece with his comprehensive knowledge presented in a critical and unbiased manner. backed up by documented sources.

Prepare to get DESTROYED BY BERSERKER LAURENT...

... with his intricately written and thorough thesis, which had you so entranced that you stayed up all night to read it through.
Hong, your posts are gold, so with my super lazy and bad photoshop skills I made a thing.

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
Quote (everybody): You know, I love the grandmaster class. I really do. But am I the only one who thinks it would look a whole lot better with feet?

And beserkers are... fun. Just the idea of the super fast semi-glass cannon really appeals to me. And I like classes with axes, because they sort of get downplayed. Out of the 40-something units we get in Awakening, only 5 or so wield axes as a primary weapon.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Lucina forum ----->Troubadours? Swords and lances?

Are we talking about the same class here? :4mario:
http://www.court-records.net/animation/phoenix-oh****.gif
I-I, mean, Cavaliers...

These guys. Sorry about the mix-up.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
It could be my bias since Jill was one of my favorite units in PoR, but wyvern knights/lords are up there on my favorite class and high movement class.

I'm glad I didn't make the mistake of sending her into the battle when you through Dein.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
So I was messing around with Robin in training mode and I noticed this his down b looked very interesting when his Nosferatu tome ran out.

Needless to say, one thing lead to another and....well just see for yourself.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
How would ANYONE ever think to do this!!
I totally just needed an excuse to use that video again :psycho:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Favorite Class?

Swordmasters and Druid/Sorcerer/Etc.

Play Fire Emblem 6 if you want to know the joy of a stupid high crit. rate (provided you have the right support and equip the Wo Dao/Killing Edge). You can get a crit rate of at least 80% and I know Rutgar can have a crit. rate of over 100%.

The Dark Mage classes because I love my dark tomes like Nosferatu, Luna, Mire, and the Apocalypse tome has a really cool animation.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Favorite class in Fire Emblem?
Tough call, I've never thought on it that much.

If I had to choose I would pick Swordmaster or Trickster, since all my favorite characters in the game (Anna, Lon'qu, Gaius, Say'ri, Gangrel) have one of the two as their primary classes.

Shoutout to Merc and Dark Flier as well, though.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So I was messing around with Robin in training mode and I noticed this his down b looked very interesting when his Nosferatu tome ran out.

Needless to say, one thing lead to another and....well just see for yourself.

Forgot one.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Autism FTW. :laugh:
oh, this reminded me of something
a few days ago I dreamed of He-Man making it into the Smash 4 roster...as a veteran. I blame @Weeman due to one of his previous avatars
I think the only class I rarely use in the games are generals, if only due to their limited movement, and they are still pretty great. The only classes I actively dislike are Taguel and Trainees (which remind me a lot of baby Pokemon actually, I just think their concept is pretty dumb)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I wonder how much of the stuff you guys have been posting at this thread the past couple of days made @ Hong Hong cringe horribly.
Well, she did like my horrible abomination of hell creation that brought her thought of a two headed, four armed Robin with two tomes and Levin Swords active at once to life...so I dunno what to tell ya. :4larry:

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, she did like my horrible abomination of hell creation that brought her thought of a two headed, four armed Robin with two tomes and Levin Swords active at once to life...so I dunno what to tell ya. :4larry:
She liked it out of pity.

Anyone here like Shakespeare?

Shaymikyu

Forgot one.

It's funny, because I generally see Robin as this sweet, slightly dorky nice guy, but I see my specific male Robin from my run as a total lady's man flirt.
oh, this reminded me of something
a few days ago I dreamed of He-Man making it into the Smash 4 roster...as a veteran. I blame @Weeman due to one of his previous avatars
I think the only class I rarely use in the games are generals, if only due to their limited movement, and they are still pretty great. The only classes I actively dislike are Taguel and Trainees (which remind me a lot of baby Pokemon actually, I just think their concept is pretty dumb)
Well now I know who I'm campaigning to get in for the next SSB.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
She liked it out of pity.
Anyone here like Shakespeare?
This post made me audibly chuckle because it's probably true. :laugh:
I'm not into Shakespeare just to get that out of the way.

I have a similar opinion of his work to Game of Thrones and Walking Dead, although at least I can comprehend what they are saying.

Shaymikyu

I don't have a strong opinion either way of Shakespeare. I remember liking Macbeth in school, though, and kind of a Midsummer Night's Dream. The rest... Eh. I remember Romeo and Juliet kind of being boring.

Top Bottom