• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If I were in (M)Robin's shoes, it'd be Lissa. I love how extroverted she is, her playfulness, and how she genuinely cares. Plus I like girls that tease the guy they like.

Which makes it difficult in terms of gameplay, since I like Lucina and want to pair Robin with her, but if I'm being truthful I'd have long since fallen in love with and paired off with Lissa by the time Lucina joins the party, and probably not long after Lucina was even officially revealed to be a girl.
I actively avoided all supports to gain Lucina for this reason. And I'm glad because as a married couple nothing ever touches them when they're Paired Up :seuss:

and then I willingly marry Lissa with Yon'qu for lolz, but surprisingly they do well together

Last edited:

Reynitsu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-9310-5788
Well, in Japanese it's bento boxes, so it makes at least a LITTLE more sense for romance.

Also, you realize Lucina only loses 2 strength compared to Olivia as her mom, right? 2 isn't that much outside of speed and sometimes skill (which doesn't matter for Lucina and Chrom).
I was only joking about the STR :3
Sumia!Lucina is a good choice imo.
You're a romantic support for either Robin or you're in Robin's position. Which character are you/which character are you paired with and why?

I find myself sympathizing with different males for :4robinf::

Chrom's/Yon'qu's because I have the exact same situation with women, just not to Yon'qu's level.

Kellam cause he's lonely and it reflects me, but not to his extreme.

Putting myself in :4robinm:'s position:

Lucina, duh. I'd want to make any woman happy. you already saw that coming anyway

Lissa and her personality basically describe my crush.

So what are yours :seuss:
Robin x Tiki is kinda nice. I went with that pairing 2nd time I played thru FEA for fun. Then I converted into a Robin x Lucina :D

As for FEMU, I always pair her up with Chrom. It adds to the storyline whenever they talk :3

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
Well I'm a guy of pretty simple standards and not really much of any true expectations, but a part of me would be a little disappointed if Robin's hair didn't change color with their color swaps...

Honestly that's all I could hope for. I didn't really like any of Awakening's alternate hair options; I always used the default for both genders... so I'm personally not too stoked about that idea. Please don't yell at me

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'm happy magic, a large part of FE, is finally being represented in Smash and through Robin :)
If I were in (M)Robin's shoes, it'd be Lissa. I love how extroverted she is, her playfulness, and how she genuinely cares. Plus I like girls that tease the guy they like.
Same here. I also love Robin x Lissa from a story perspective. She's his best friend's sister, and with those two's bromance, I can see Chrom gladly welcoming him into the family. She's the first person he sees when he wakes up both at the beginning and end of the game. Owain makes a humorous son for Robin, while Morgan makes an appropriate daughter for the energetic Lissa. Owain also is a pretty good older brother for her. I could see this household as one that's always full of laughs.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You're a romantic support for either Robin or you're in Robin's position. Which character are you/which character are you paired with and why?

Chrom's/Yon'qu's because I have the exact same situation with women, just not to Yon'qu's level.

Lucina, duh. I'd want to make any woman happy. you already saw that coming anyway

I'm not sure I understand the question...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm not sure I understand the question...
Think of a romantic support as a love interest for Robin or as Robin him/herself. Maybe it's your favorite.

I'll give you a moment:

*elevator music*

Good? Let's continue.

You're in the character's shoes as that character. You're literally him or her, or Robin if you so please.

Which character is it, and why that specific character? Remember, anything goes.

------------------------------
Basically, what character are you in a romantic support and with who?

Hong

The Strongest
I wouldn't mind if MU was a completely different sort of base class next time.

It's a tricky situation. In FE12, MU didn't have a unique class, but could choose one from the start, which is important since you could more or less choose your stats. In FE13, they have a cool unique class in the Tactician, and if they want the player to be able to choose their stats (asset/flaw), a hybrid of magic and melee makes sense.

In that sense, if they want to continue to have a unique class for MU, it's probably always going to be capable of using both physical weapons and magic. Perhaps they could create another unique class or two to suit both physical and magical prowess.

Either that, or I would like to at least see more unique lords. I liked Micaiah because she was awful as a core combat unit, but an excellent supporter, between Thani being able to nuke stuff, and eventually becoming a staff-user. I wouldn't mind a Cleric or Dancer/Bard-based lord in the future. Someone who just can't power through everything they face.

Hacksorus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hacksorus
3DS FC
2664-2171-8516
Given that Robin is representing FE mages as a whole, I'd definitely like to see callbacks to previous games. Pent and Micaiah are good choices, but there are so many to choose from. Soren or Sephiran, maybe?

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I would love to see a Bow Lord in a future installment. ;)

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Given that Robin is representing FE mages as a whole, I'd definitely like to see callbacks to previous games. Pent and Micaiah are good choices, but there are so many to choose from. Soren or Sephiran, maybe?

Soren I see maybe happening (I'd love it if it did :3 Especially since I ship Ike and Soren so hard- I mean what?) Because Soren is a tactician and a mage. I don't know about Sephrian though. I don't think it'll happen.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Soren I see maybe happening (I'd love it if it did :3 Especially since I ship Ike and Soren so hard- I mean what?) Because Soren is a tactician and a mage. I don't know about Sephrian though. I don't think it'll happen.
If we get alternate costumes that are based on previous characters, Soren is both more likely and more fitting than Sephiran.

However, I think we'll be getting primarily different customized faces for Robin.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
If we get alternate costumes that are based on previous characters, Soren is both more likely and more fitting than Sephiran.

However, I think we'll be getting primarily different customized faces for Robin.
I wonder if you can set up your Robin skins like in Awakening in some menu? Like how that one Capcom fighter with BBA Megaman would let you edit your alternate palettes.

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
I wonder if you can set up your Robin skins like in Awakening in some menu? Like how that one Capcom fighter with BBA Megaman would let you edit your alternate palettes.
That's what I've been thinking and wanting for a VERY long time. Basically since Robin was announced

lami

Smash Journeyman
oh shoot, i just realized that i didnt take stats into account when marrying characters in my first playthrough. now that i'm playing on lunatic i probably have to, huh?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
oh shoot, i just realized that i didnt take stats into account when marrying characters in my first playthrough. now that i'm playing on lunatic i probably have to, huh?
It's not required if you don't want to, but you'll have an easier time with it if you do pay attention to such things. At the very least, make sure that your parents pass down the right Skills to their children (Galeforce for men, Counter or something for Females). The two guys that'd be in your best interest to pair carefully would be Gaius and Donnel- both pass down Dark Flier to their daughters and allow those who can't get it to obtain Galeforce (like Nah, Noire, and Kjelle).

Folt

Smash Ace
Stats only matter for Apotheosis (and even there you have some free room to pick what you want). I wouldn't worry too much about it so long as you play smart about it.

:4robinm:: I'd marry either Lissa or Sumia. Owain and Cynthia are the best kids. (Or maybe I'd marry Miriel and get Laurent who is just as good.)

:4robinf:: I guess I'd marry her actually. In that case, I'd be Gangrel and pass on some sweet Skill and Speed to complement Robin's +Magic asset. (And also because I could become a Sorcerer that way.)

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Think of a romantic support as a love interest for Robin or as Robin him/herself. Maybe it's your favorite.

I'll give you a moment:

*elevator music*

Good? Let's continue.

You're in the character's shoes as that character. You're literally him or her, or Robin if you so please.

Which character is it, and why that specific character? Remember, anything goes.

------------------------------
Basically, what character are you in a romantic support and with who?
Ermmm. Still not sure I understand still...

But I would be in a romantic support with Olivia. Which should be pretty obvious by now. :L

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
:4robinm:: I'd marry either Lissa or Sumia. Owain and Cynthia are the best kids. (Or maybe I'd marry Miriel and get Laurent who is just as good.)
Owain and Cynthia are great and are also probably my favorite kid pairing. The two of them were made for each other.

Justice Cabal, assemble!

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Personally, I think the way Robin alternates magic types during her FS is pretty awesome. This is among my new top Final Smashes (Greninja's, Robin's, Shulk's).

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Same for :4robinm:. :4robinf:, I'll go with Henry, because he's awesome.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Ermmm. Still not sure I understand still...

But I would be in a romantic support with Olivia. Which should be pretty obvious by now. :L
You, yourself, as a predetermined Awakening character, sorta like @ Hong Hong 's forum game of making a character, but you are already one in game. Like, you're :4robinm:.

Basically, role play.

D

Deleted member

I just realized something yesterday.
Validar is Robin's father, right? He also became the new king of Plegia two years after when Gangrel seemingly passed. Now that Validar is dead, does that mean Robin is the new ruler of Plegia?

So... I'm just basically stating who I would pair both Robins with and why?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So... I'm just basically stating who I would pair both Robins with and why?
I actually meant the question as if you, yourself, were that character. But yeah, it could work both ways if you want to.

Like, say, you put yourself as Chrom(you are the character) in a romance with :4robinf:, for example.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Validar is Robin's father, right? He also became the new king of Plegia two years after when Gangrel seemingly passed. Now that Validar is dead, does that mean Robin is the new ruler of Plegia?
Technically speaking, yes, I suppose it does.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The only question is if whether Robin would accept the new responsibility of becoming the new King/Queen of Plegia or not. I could probably see M!Robin help Gangrel in liberating Plegia from the remaining Grimleal members, considering that he's interested in helping all the people of the world, but I don't think he would want to become King in his own right. F!Robin also outright tells Gangrel in her supports with him that the people of Plegia wouldn't accept her because they would see her as the "tactician that destroyed their army". On the other hand, she could still become Queen by marriage to Gangrel, considering that he's still interested in trying to reclaim the throne after what had happened.

So while I don't think M!Robin will try to inherit the throne of Plegia, F!Robin could very well inherit it on the basis of marriage, even though she's already technically its crown princess.

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
A bow lord could work only if they added a 1 range way for bows to attack. Either a 1-2 range short bow or make them have half hit rate at 1 range or something. (Also makes all dem hitrate skills useful then

D

Deleted member

The only question is if whether Robin would accept the new responsibility of becoming the new King/Queen of Plegia or not. I could probably see M!Robin help Gangrel in liberating Plegia from the remaining Grimleal members, considering that he's interested in helping all the people of the world, but I don't think he would want to become King in his own right. F!Robin also outright tells Gangrel in her supports with him that the people of Plegia wouldn't accept her because they would see her as the "tactician that destroyed their army". On the other hand, she could still become Queen by marriage to Gangrel, considering that he's still interested in trying to reclaim the throne after what had happened.

So while I don't think M!Robin will try to inherit the throne of Plegia, F!Robin could very well inherit it on the basis of marriage, even though she's already technically it's crown princess.
Good points. Still, I think that it's technically possible for both Robins to inherit the throne (female Robin even more so since she can marry Gangrel).
One question on my mind is that is it within Robin's nature to rule the land of Plegia? While it technically makes sense that s/he is the next ruler, I am unsure if s/he wants that sort of responsibility. Not because they are disinterested, but because they might not think that they are fit to rule a kingdom.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
One question on my mind is that is it within Robin's nature to rule the land of Plegia? While it technically makes sense that s/he is the next ruler, I am unsure if s/he wants that sort of responsibility. Not because they are disinterested, but because they might not think that they are fit to rule a kingdom.
He's a tactician, not a king.

but he can tactfully rule the kingdom :troll:

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Good points. Still, I think that it's technically possible for both Robins to inherit the throne (female Robin even more so since she can marry Gangrel).
It would be important to consider what kingdom exactly they would be ruling. While Robin has helped Chrom in ruling Ylisse, Robin has no memory of living in Plegia (even if he wasn't an amnesiac, his mother fled while Robin was young, hence nobody mentioning Robin having a Plegian accent). Robin would be bad at fulfilling the ceremonial rolls of Plegia's King as well as understanding the country in general.

Although, I could see him taking the responsibility to find somebody who would be fit to rule. Leaving the throne unoccupied could be dangerous to both Plegia and Ylisse.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Same here. I also love Robin x Lissa from a story perspective. She's his best friend's sister, and with those two's bromance, I can see Chrom gladly welcoming him into the family. She's the first person he sees when he wakes up both at the beginning and end of the game. Owain makes a humorous son for Robin, while Morgan makes an appropriate daughter for the energetic Lissa. Owain also is a pretty good older brother for her. I could see this household as one that's always full of laughs.
Yay someone who shares a similar view on that pairing :). I feel the same way as well about Owain and Morgan as well and if there was a canon pairing for male Robin I would heavily be for Lissa and it may awkward at first for Chrom being like yo I hooked up with you little sister and all that it would work out.

Also as speaking of FE:A I started a Lunatic play through right now and is at chapter 2 and I hate myself right now :( .

Edit: Sorry for my crappy quoting and posting I am on my phone right now typing this up cause im outta town.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yay someone who shares a similar view on that pairing :). I feel the same way as well about Owain and Morgan as well and if there was a canon pairing for male Robin I would heavily be for Lissa and it may awkward at first for Chrom being like yo I hooked up with you little sister and all that it would work out.

Also as speaking of FE:A I started a Lunatic play through right now and is at chapter 2 and I hate myself right now :( .

Edit: Sorry for my crappy quoting and posting I am on my phone right now typing this up cause im outta town.
Lol lunatic. I'm never doing that.

Robin and Lissa is actually rather cute; I still prefer Robin and Lucina anyway, but I found a Lissa-Yon'qu pairing to be hilarious/adorable story-wise and surprisingly effective gameplay wise.

D

Deleted member

He's a tactician, not a king.

but he can tactfully rule the kingdom :troll:
He'll rule Plegia with strategy. :troll:

It would be important to consider what kingdom exactly they would be ruling. While Robin has helped Chrom in ruling Ylisse, Robin has no memory of living in Plegia (even if he wasn't an amnesiac, his mother fled while Robin was young, hence nobody mentioning Robin having a Plegian accent). Robin would be bad at fulfilling the ceremonial rolls of Plegia's King as well as understanding the country in general.

Although, I could see him taking the responsibility to find somebody who would be fit to rule. Leaving the throne unoccupied could be dangerous to both Plegia and Ylisse.
It only adds more to my belief that Robin wouldn't think that they would be befit as a ruler and that they wouldn't accept such a responsibility. Even with their Plegian background, the place is still very foreign to them. I honestly see Robin help Chrom with ruling Ylisse or spending their time with their spouse and children.

I do see Robin and Chrom be sympathetic towards the Plegians and decide to put in a brand new ruler after wiping out the remains of the Grimleal.

Good luck with Lunatic! I've heard horror stories from my friend, who spent months beating this mode and he just beat it recently. I don't have the guts to put my mind through such torture.

Robin and Lissa is actually rather cute; I still prefer Robin and Lucina anyway, but I found a Lissa-Yon'qu pairing to be hilarious/adorable story-wise and surprisingly effective gameplay wise.
I like to pair-up Lon'qu with Cordelia. I found the pair to be pretty effective in battle.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I like to pair-up Lon'qu with Cordelia. I found the pair to be pretty effective in battle.
I found myself pairing freaking Kellam with Cordelia; makes up for his sluggish movement.

Their supports about stealth and visibility are nothing short of adorable.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Lissa and Lon'Qu I might have to try that pairing out. Wanna see how that turns out for Owain. And I wanna see some Robin/Lissa and family fanart havent seen any of that yet sadly :(.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

It only adds more to my belief that Robin wouldn't think that they would be befit as a ruler and that they wouldn't accept such a responsibility. Even with their Plegian background, the place is still very foreign to them. I honestly see Robin help Chrom with ruling Ylisse or spending their time with their spouse and children.

I do see Robin and Chrom be sympathetic towards the Plegians and decide to put in a brand new ruler after wiping out the remains of the Grimleal.
You know, there's also the question of whether or not there's a Plegia to rule anymore... Weren't most of its citizens served up as dinner for Grima?

Good luck with Lunatic! I've heard horror stories from my friend, who spent months beating this mode and he just beat it recently. I don't have the guts to put my mind through such torture.
Lunatic mode isn't actually that hard once you get access to grinding with EXPonential Growth.

Though the first few chapters... They're pretty brutal.

Last edited:

Reynitsu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-9310-5788

Idk. Lunatic was always easy for me. At most I reset like 3 times cause of random RNG crits, but that's it. I did finish a Lunatic+ Classic though... never doing that again =_______= I think I had around 100+ restarts just because there were too many Lunas. I have a bad habit of trying to challenge the highest difficulty on any game and i HAVE to complete it. Fire Emblem, the Last of Us, Dead Space, etc. ugh... Q-Q halp me

Lon'qu x Cordelia can set up for an Assassin Severa!Morgan with high SKL and Lethality. Streetpass teams beware xD

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Lissa and Lon'Qu I might have to try that pairing out. Wanna see how that turns out for Owain. And I wanna see some Robin/Lissa and family fanart havent seen any of that yet sadly :(.
It's worth it for Lon'qu's awkwardness towards his son.

I have a bad habit of trying to challenge the highest difficulty on any game and i HAVE to complete it. Fire Emblem, the Last of Us, Dead Space, etc. ugh... Q-Q halp me
So many Game Overs. Finally have an excuse to link this little gem somewhere.

Top Bottom