• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Nintendo doesn't do much TV advertising over here, so I've only just now seen this infamous advert. Was wondering what all the "you're a kid you're a squid" stuff was about :p

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Nintendo doesn't do much TV advertising over here, so I've only just now seen this infamous advert. Was wondering what all the "you're a kid you're a squid" stuff was about :p
We have an entry about it. Why'd it get popular? Maybe it's one of those, "so bad, it's good" situations.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Those were some intense matches @XenoBrawler610! Very enjoyable indeed. I think our :4robinf: vs :4luigi: matches went about even so we will have to settle it in smash next time.

D

Deleted member

Those were some intense matches @XenoBrawler610! Very enjoyable indeed. I think our :4robinf: vs :4luigi: matches went about even so we will have to settle it in smash next time.
Yes, those were by far the best matches.

Looks like I'll either have to really step it up with my other characters or decide to strictly main Luigi...

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Fair point.

@ Raziek Raziek , how are you at teaching non-Robin players? :3
Not as good. At that point my critique becomes 'a list of reasons you're getting bodied', but it would lose the portion where u can offer specific improvement advice if I don't understand that character's tools at a deep enough level.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Not as good. At that point my critique becomes 'a list of reasons you're getting bodied', but it would lose the portion where u can offer specific improvement advice if I don't understand that character's tools at a deep enough level.
Honestly, that's what I really need right now. I can figure out the specifics myself, but as it stands, I feel like my fundamentals are not very good. At all.

Would you be able to fit me into your busy bodyin' schedule? :3

Nah

Smash Champion
jesus christ I went and read 4 or 5 whole pages in here and that's a lot

Anyway, I was also hoping that sometime I could get a few training matches with @ Raziek Raziek too.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Watching the 3v3 at Collision makes me want hazardless Pokemon Stadium 2 in regular smash soooo bad. Please Sakurai! I'd even take vanilla Pokemon Stadium 1. Here's to hoping that the upcoming Miiverse stage is a bit more than just BF with doodles.

D

Deleted member

Watching the 3v3 at Collision makes me want hazardless Pokemon Stadium 2 in regular smash soooo bad. Please Sakurai! I'd even take vanilla Pokemon Stadium 1. Here's to hoping that the upcoming Miiverse stage is a bit more than just BF with doodles.
I think he said something along the lines of not making hazard less, more balanced stages because of what PSASBR did.
It's... stupid reasoning in my opinion. I would have taken that over FD everywhere stages.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
You made a?

You invented the first letter of the alphabet?!

:cheep:
Most likely he was going to answer @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal about the custom stage thingy, but realized he was going to double post.:cheep:
Get a mod to delete that post, I suppose.

Anyway

Delfino makes me sad ;~; http://youtu.be/SuhEDziWO00

And @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal , I made a custom stage of it :184:
Am I a terrible person for laughing so much at that video? I'm sorry, dear.

NNID
evenet2013
3DS FC
1005-8775-7263
I'm not sorry.

You mean a custom stage with just pillars and water? Sounds legit, haha. I look forward to seeing it.
I meant of Pokémon Stadium. :p

"I made a" :T

Mobile was busy being jank. I also find it odd how you can't delete your posts, yet double posting is frowned upon.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
No

I guess the positive way to take this is to be flattered that someone on the internet wants to hold up a single win against me as a trophy. That's something.

But.... let's debunk this business.

First, let me thank you @Elessar for bringing this to my attention.

Second, and probably most importantly, let's get the boasting he did FOR me cleared up. I am not the best Robin on Smashboards. I have never claimed to be. I do think highly of my play, and I consider myself AMONG the best (definitely top 5), but I am not crazy enough to claim I'm a better Robin than Nairo or Trela without having played either. And even then, the ditto is not a definitive measure of who is better at the character. (@Nairo tho when we playin' bby)

To talk about the rest of it.....

1) The SINGLE game he posted was the bonus round that we played AFTER I had won the set 3-2. It was (to nobody's surprise) the only game where he beat me by anything other than last-stock last-hit. And it was largely because I was playing more aggressively because I had already won the set. I didn't record them, but one of the games I beat him in was a time-out where I camped out the last 40 seconds with a 10% lead. I didn't play lame in the last game he posted.

2) The other games we played were: 2-stock victory my favor on Yoshi's Island, 2-victory my favor on Arena Ferox, Last-stock last-hit loss on FD, last-stock last-hit loss on BF, Time-out win on YI.

I treated this set pretty casually. I agreed to a number of conditions I would not have agreed to otherwise if I had known this sort of boasting was to come of it. First, I didn't pick or counter-pick stages. I picked random the whole time. If I really cared, I'd have taken him to Prism Tower or something.

I also (as Cardinal notes) agreed to no customs. I didn't feel like putting up a big stink about it, but I absolutely would have used them if he hadn't specifically asked for them to be turned off. Especially on FD, which we played on twice (including the bonus round).

I agreed to 3DS controls. I do not consider my play on the 3DS to be at all reflective of my actual quality of play. There are quite a few things that I either don't or CAN'T do properly with 3DS controls, which include but are not limited to: Falling (and retreating) Uair, Approaching Reverse Uair, Perfect Pivot retreating Bair, (correctly) buffering ledge-trump Bair, FH Fair to Fastfall Nair, Thunder-charge wave-bounces.... there are more. I need two sticks to be playing at 100%. I didn't throw a fit about it earlier because I didn't want to be a sore-winner and talk about all the **** I couldn't do properly, and I didn't think I'd be dealing with.... this.

@ smokebomb12 smokebomb12 : I know you're obviously pretty young, so I can see where your mindset is in trying to make yourself look better by cherrypicking the one game where you won the hardest. You're by no means a bad player. You do a lot of good things that your average For Glory Link doesn't. Like walking. And using F-tilt (Why the heck is that safe even on PS?!). And not blindly tossing boomerangs when I have Thoron charged. You're not bad at this game.

But what you have done here is..... at BEST.... dishonest. At worst, it's lying and vain boasting.

To sum it up, I guess I'm just.... disappointed that it came to this.
I was not You did beat me. I even have the replays to prove it. It's just that I feel a little happy cause I thought I would get rekt. I am not asking for forgiveness cause... Really what I did was indeed **** and age is no excuse. Plus I never said that I won . I just posted one replay is all. This I believe deserves some sort of punishment that I will leave up to you. And make it good to.

Elezir

Mobile was busy being jank. I also find it odd how you can't delete your posts, yet double posting is frowned upon.
I see.
I think premium users can delete posts, otherwise, you can just call a mod to delete your double. No biggie.
Well, it's ettiquete in forums in general not to make double/triple/etc posts, because it tends to make the thread look messed, and well, the forum makes it easier for you to answer everything in one single post, even if I, in particular, don't agree with this.
This thread in particular is more chill about double posts, though, from what I've seen. However in other parts of the smashboards you can get an infraction for it, since it's forum rules not to. That's because we are warning you about it.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
No

I was not You did beat me. I even have the replays to prove it. It's just that I feel a little happy cause I thought I would get rekt. I am not asking for forgiveness cause... Really what I did was indeed **** and age is no excuse. Plus I never said that I won . I just posted one replay is all. This I believe deserves some sort of punishment that I will leave up to you. And make it good to.
I can't speak for @ Raziek Raziek but I can administer you some "punishment" since you seem to want it.:troll: So sit down and listen to Cardinal-sensei.

You have to consider how people will perceive your post. While it is true that some people will misunderstand or misconstrue your intentions no matter what, you also cannot expect people to magically understand what those intentions are unless you try to make them clear. You deliberately only posted one replay and you noted that Raziek was the best player on Smashboards (which he never claimed to be) in your video. You, however, never provided the context for the video, which is that it was a bonus match after Raziek already beat you in the set. Even if you never intended for it, people will naturally think you're boasting. And to make matters worse, you did not fully consider your audience in mind, which was the Link boards, and you, better than many of us here know how serious, passionate, and competitive they are.

Additionally, you posted your replay in their Video & CRITIQUE thread. Despite that, however, you never asked for critique from your fellow Link mains. So once again, people have another reason to think you're boasting. If you truly wanted to be critiqued and become a better player, you would have posted a match where you have LOST and be open to constructive feedback.

I'm happy that our community seemed to have accepted another member in you and I'm sure that you have much to offer us as a Link main. But again, you have to think before your post and at least try to consider how your audience will interpret your post.

Understand?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I see.
I think premium users can delete posts, otherwise, you can just call a mod to delete your double. No biggie.
Well, it's ettiquete in forums in general not to make double/triple/etc posts, because it tends to make the thread look messed, and well, the forum makes it easier for you to answer everything in one single post, even if I, in particular, don't agree with this.
This thread in particular is more chill about double posts, though, from what I've seen. However in other parts of the smashboards you can get an infraction for it, since it's forum rules not to. That's because we are warning you about it.
Premium users can't even delete posts.

My pranked days are over...
:troll:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Some forums (e.g. Squidboards) allow you to delete your own posts, but not here. I'd lean more on the side of not allowing people to delete their own posts, myself.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Y
I can't speak for @ Raziek Raziek but I can administer you some "punishment" since you seem to want it.:troll: So sit down and listen to Cardinal-sensei.

You have to consider how people will perceive your post. While it is true that some people will misunderstand or misconstrue your intentions no matter what, you also cannot expect people to magically understand what those intentions are unless you try to make them clear. You deliberately only posted one replay and you noted that Raziek was the best player on Smashboards (which he never claimed to be) in your video. You, however, never provided the context for the video, which is that it was a bonus match after Raziek already beat you in the set. Even if you never intended for it, people will naturally think you're boasting. And to make matters worse, you did not fully consider your audience in mind, which was the Link boards, and you, better than many of us here know how serious, passionate, and competitive they are.

Additionally, you posted your replay in their Video & CRITIQUE thread. Despite that, however, you never asked for critique from your fellow Link mains. So once again, people have another reason to think you're boasting. If you truly wanted to be critiqued and become a better player, you would have posted a match where you have LOST and be open to constructive feedback.

I'm happy that our community seemed to have accepted another member in you and I'm sure that you have much to offer us as a Link main. But again, you have to think before your post and at least try to consider how your audience will interpret your post.

Understand?
Yes si, I understand, thank you. I will think twice now. I do enjoy the Robin boards and hop that you enjoy my company as much as I enjoy yours.

NNID
evenet2013
3DS FC
1005-8775-7263
Well, we already have too many pranked people here anyway:troll:

Oh, I see oO
So, only mods and admins.:emptysheep:
What exactly is pranked?

Some forums (e.g. Squidboards) allow you to delete your own posts, but not here. I'd lean more on the side of not allowing people to delete their own posts, myself.
Now I really need to get Sploon. :190:

Last edited:

Elezir

I'd have to agree, in the sense that it's too easy to delete something shameful/controversial without having to explain yourself to others, which can give some people 'things I do on the internet have no consequences 'cause lulz' feeling.
In a place as salty as smashboards, it's interesting to see this sometimes.:roll:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
By the way, it was you who pranked me right? If so, I am very honored.
Eh, I was itching to use my second prank at the time. I literally put a list of the normal members here in a randomizer and pranked the resulting one.

is that all it does though
And it changes your title(e.g your Smash Apprentice title) to "Pranked!".

It means someone wants to see you suffer enjoys the idea of you in pink. :cheep:

:4greninja:'d

Top Bottom