• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Original design is way better.
I agree, and it's not just cause "hue hue sexy:troll:" or anything like that. If Charlotte is as much of a gold-digger/manipulative b*tch as we are being led to believe, then it makes sense that she would want to dress provocatively to attract attention. Also I'm just gonna put this on the table and say that I will love Charlotte forever if she tries to marry Kamui no matter what gender they are.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Exactly.
In my opinion, if a character is supposed to be sexy, reflect it in their design. Because I believe that if you don't do that you'll have to make them attractive through their personality...which judging from this character's demeanor doesn't fit well.
It's also kinda deeply disturbing for me. If a character is explicitly attractive it's okay, but when people pervert things like their personality it just upsets me.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Tell me I'm not crazy plz.

I was browsing through JP rock band JAM Project, and I swear their song Victory is a Fire Emblem medley with lyrics.

Am I just hearing things?
Omg is that Power Hungry Fool in the beginning?

Also, is that Shaman in the Dark in the chorus? Go to 4:19 min.

I got nothing. Just wanted an excuse to post these awesome songs. But yeah I do get some FE vibes.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
OMFG, Bravely Default's ost is so good.
Like, I have never played the game and only listened to a portion of the songs from the game, but hearing the other themes mixed into the end of "Serpent Eating the Ground" nearly made me tear up, it's just amazing.

I have to get this game.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Like, I have never played the game and only listened to a portion of the songs from the game, but hearing the other themes mixed into the end of "Serpent Eating the Ground" nearly made me tear up, it's just amazing.

I have to get this game.
It's a nice game to play, and the Default mechanic is pretty interesting. It does get a little repetitive during the second half though. You'll see what I mean when you eventually play and get to that point.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So after messing around with him for once, I've started to enjoy playing :4marth:

I've got a long way to go before he's even remotely good since I really have to work on his spacing, but there's something about him that feels fun when I use him. It's weird but he feels more fluid then whenever I try to play :4lucina:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328

I have to get this game.
Bravely Default's gameplay is kind of like the four heroes of light right? I remember I never finished that game. I just grinded money and used the money talks move to one shot everything. I might pick up Bravely Default sometime soon. I don't have a lot of money to spend on games though.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Found a cool fan edit of a more modest Charlotte design. No source, sorry

btw don't question my avatar it's an inside joke lolol
The reason for her being topless aside from a bra in her original design is because it's referencing the way the male warriors look (in Awakening).
I agree it's stupid (even for the males), but at least it's a reason other than "We want a character that permanently runs around in a bikini."

Though, let's be honest, that probably played a part, too.

Tell me I'm not crazy plz.

I was browsing through JP rock band JAM Project, and I swear their song Victory is a Fire Emblem medley with lyrics.

Am I just hearing things?
It does sound quite videogamey in general, but I don't hear anything particularly Fire Emblem about it. If I absolutely had to attribute it to a series I'd probably say Castlevania but it's not outright any of the songs from it.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
So after messing around with him for once, I've started to enjoy playing :4marth:

I've got a long way to go before he's even remotely good since I really have to work on his spacing, but there's something about him that feels fun when I use him. It's weird but he feels more fluid then whenever I try to play :4lucina:
She can't take the tip.
*wink*

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

I have to get this game.
Do it and you will be just in time for Bravely Second.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Greetings Robin mains; I come bearing tidings. Recently one of the newest and most unruly members of our boards posted a replay vs one of your own (Raziek) claiming him to be the best Robin in Smashboards.

Personally, and I know most other true Link Mains, I am inclined to disbelieve his vain boasts. However, others might believe it. So I offer warning so you may deal with his boasts in the way you deem best.

http://smashboards.com/threads/video-critique-thread-28th-may.369394/page-14#post-19344799

I bid thee farewell.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Greetings Robin mains; I come bearing tidings. Recently one of the newest and most unruly members of our boards posted a replay vs one of your own (Raziek) claiming him to be the best Robin in Smashboards.

Personally, and I know most other true Link Mains, I am inclined to disbelieve his vain boasts. However, others might believe it. So I offer warning so you may deal with his boasts in the way you deem best.

http://smashboards.com/threads/video-critique-thread-28th-may.369394/page-14#post-19344799

I bid thee farewell.
Yeah, no, I'd believe it. Raz is prooty gud.

@ Raziek Raziek has a beard, y'know. You can't see it because it inhabits an alternate dimension where space and time don't exist, and to us, he appears to be a clean-shaven mortal plebeian. But it's there. It's real. I gaze at his immensely magnanimous mien and try hard, try in vain, hoping that, I, too, may one day bear witness to this most wondrous and esteemed of follicular awe.

I also dream of touching it, except that would cause every fiber of my being to explode in a single wondrous instant. And then poor @False Sense would have to clean it up, and who wants to clean up kitty gunk all over the walls and the roof?

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978

I bid thee farewell.
Raz is at least one of the best Robins, that's acknowledged here. However he has stated numouros times that he hates the 3ds controls and it kinda cripples him.

Also, didn't Raz say that he won against him a majority of times? Can't recall correctly.

Shameless tagging.
@ Raziek Raziek

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Raz is at least one of the best Robins, that's acknowledged here. However he has stated numouros times that he hates the 3ds controls and it kinda cripples him.

Also, didn't Raz say that he won against him a majority of times? Can't recall correctly.

Shameless tagging.
@ Raziek Raziek
Both parties (eventually) did claim that Raz won the majority of the matches. I also found it odd that Raz was not using custom moves since he always uses them whenever he can.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Actually, I was playing the 3DS version earlier and was really surprised by how well it worked for me...I think I just like small controllers the best.
It's why I prefer PS3 to Xbox 360 controllers.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Gamecube controller mang.

Got it, never looked back.
Yeah, before I got the GCN adapter I played Smash like once a month.
Now I play it everyday. It's a combination of the GCN controller being basically made for Smash, being a great controller by itself, and the GamePad being a bad controller by itself and bad for Smash. At least for me. Not a fan of controlling games with a colossal tablet.

I'm appalled that the GCN controller model wasn't what the Pro controller was.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I'm surprised the Wii U completely ditched the GCN controller at one point. I mean, yeah, you gotta try to innovate with new things every once in a while but don't toss out what worked in the past as a result. Just have both. Look at the playstation controller. It practically stayed the same for 4 generations with some adjustments, the biggest one being the addition of an analog stick all the way back in the PSONE era, and no one complains about it.

I find it hilarious how whenever I boot up a Wii U game, it tells me about all the possible controllers I can use. The sheer amount is just ridiculous now.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
*several unread pages*

ah hell no I ain't doing that

I bid thee farewell.
3DS controls are kind of crippling, though. It's only really fair if a win like that were done on the Wii U version.

Matsushi

True Blood
I remember having to play Smash with the Gamepad because the GC adapters were completely out of stock; I had preordered the whole bundle before the date of release but Amazon completely ran out, postponing it to December 19th, claiming that they'll get more stock by then. When the 19th arrived, they had completely cancelled my order and gave my money back, I swear I was furious. But yeah, playing with the Gamepad was absolute hell, I couldn't play Smash for as long as 2 hours without my thumbs hurting due to how awkwardly placed the damn buttons were as well as the size of that thing. A month after that though, I bought one of those Mayflash adapters and it is... amazing. I can't seem to play Smash WITHOUT the Gamecube controller, it's simply THE standard controller for me. Playing on the 3DS is a little... "strange" to say the least. :emptysheep:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
In the ur-cold wastes of infinity
We wait for our time to come
Past all reason
And sounds of distant vistas
We wait
We wait for vindication to come

We who took a life
We took our lives in our hands
And cut them apart
We wait for time to
Reclaim us all
Spare us this mercy
We know not what we did

We dwelt in ignorance
We mired ourselves in fear
We awaited the day
When we would be reborn

And the dead arose

And the dead arose

And the dead arose

Good god

Save us

And the dead arose

What kind of god-thing has
Sympathy for the damned?
We
On our knees
Died
For your sins

Spirit of the damned
King of the unworthy
Our blood can never dry
Our tears will drown you yet

In the ur-cold wastes of infinity
We wait for our time to come
Past all reason
And sounds of distant vistas
We wait

We wait

EDIT: I realised the title of this piece is too similar to a Celldweller song from which I had drawn inspiration, and also this new title is a much better reflection of the work's context.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

I bid thee farewell.

Shameless tagging.
@ Raziek Raziek
Both parties (eventually) did claim that Raz won the majority of the matches. I also found it odd that Raz was not using custom moves since he always uses them whenever he can.

I guess the positive way to take this is to be flattered that someone on the internet wants to hold up a single win against me as a trophy. That's something.

But.... let's debunk this business.

First, let me thank you @ Elessar Elessar for bringing this to my attention.

Second, and probably most importantly, let's get the boasting he did FOR me cleared up. I am not the best Robin on Smashboards. I have never claimed to be. I do think highly of my play, and I consider myself AMONG the best (definitely top 5), but I am not crazy enough to claim I'm a better Robin than Nairo or Trela without having played either. And even then, the ditto is not a definitive measure of who is better at the character. (@Nairo tho when we playin' bby)

To talk about the rest of it.....

1) The SINGLE game he posted was the bonus round that we played AFTER I had won the set 3-2. It was (to nobody's surprise) the only game where he beat me by anything other than last-stock last-hit. And it was largely because I was playing more aggressively because I had already won the set. I didn't record them, but one of the games I beat him in was a time-out where I camped out the last 40 seconds with a 10% lead. I didn't play lame in the last game he posted.

2) The other games we played were: 2-stock victory my favor on Yoshi's Island, 2-victory my favor on Arena Ferox, Last-stock last-hit loss on FD, last-stock last-hit loss on BF, Time-out win on YI.

I treated this set pretty casually. I agreed to a number of conditions I would not have agreed to otherwise if I had known this sort of boasting was to come of it. First, I didn't pick or counter-pick stages. I picked random the whole time. If I really cared, I'd have taken him to Prism Tower or something.

I also (as Cardinal notes) agreed to no customs. I didn't feel like putting up a big stink about it, but I absolutely would have used them if he hadn't specifically asked for them to be turned off. Especially on FD, which we played on twice (including the bonus round).

I agreed to 3DS controls. I do not consider my play on the 3DS to be at all reflective of my actual quality of play. There are quite a few things that I either don't or CAN'T do properly with 3DS controls, which include but are not limited to: Falling (and retreating) Uair, Approaching Reverse Uair, Perfect Pivot retreating Bair, (correctly) buffering ledge-trump Bair, FH Fair to Fastfall Nair, Thunder-charge wave-bounces.... there are more. I need two sticks to be playing at 100%. I didn't throw a fit about it earlier because I didn't want to be a sore-winner and talk about all the **** I couldn't do properly, and I didn't think I'd be dealing with.... this.

@smokebomb12 : I know you're obviously pretty young, so I can see where your mindset is in trying to make yourself look better by cherrypicking the one game where you won the hardest. You're by no means a bad player. You do a lot of good things that your average For Glory Link doesn't. Like walking. And using F-tilt (Why the heck is that safe even on PS?!). And not blindly tossing boomerangs when I have Thoron charged. You're not bad at this game.

But what you have done here is..... at BEST.... dishonest. At worst, it's lying and vain boasting.

To sum it up, I guess I'm just.... disappointed that it came to this.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I agreed to 3DS controls. I do not consider my play on the 3DS to be at all reflective of my actual quality of play. There are quite a few things that I either don't or CAN'T do properly with 3DS controls, which include but are not limited to: Falling (and retreating) Uair, Approaching Reverse Uair, Perfect Pivot retreating Bair, (correctly) buffering ledge-trump Bair, FH Fair to Fastfall Nair, Thunder-charge wave-bounces.... there are more. I need two sticks to be playing at 100%. I didn't throw a fit about it earlier because I didn't want to be a sore-winner and talk about all the **** I couldn't do properly, and I didn't think I'd be dealing with.... this.
See, this is why I'm holding out on doing any serious matches until I get my Wii U. I'd love to be happy that I beat you or some other good Robin, but the fact of the matter is that 3DS controls are rather hard to go back to for anyone who has played the Wii U version. It wouldn't feel fair, and quite honestly I feel that I gimp someone every time I ask to play on 3DS. It doesn't feel fair.

:sadsheep:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Also, sorry to dash your hopes @ Wintropy Wintropy , but I'm completely incapable of growing meaningful facial hair. Runs in the family.

The best I can get is this wispy, patchy goatee thing that just looks gross and flaky. D:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Raziek Raziek No problem, my pleasure. As I said, a couple of us suspected something was amiss and so decided to give you guys a heads up, specially you Raziek. It's not the first time we've had to deal with something like this on our boards sadly.

D

Deleted member

I'll just be sitting around my house today if anyone would like to play some matches.

I still would like some more experience with the horrendous MU that is :4ganondorf: vs. :4robinf: and would like some practice with :4link: since it's been a while since I've played the :4robinf: MU with him outside.

And also :4mewtwo: too.~

Let me know if anyone would want to play.~

EDIT: I suppose I should clarify that I'd be up for matches with anyone in the RST regardless of whether they actually play Robin, although I would like to play Robin today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matsushi

True Blood
I'll just be sitting around my house today if anyone would like to play some matches.

I still would like some more experience with the horrendous MU that is :4ganondorf: vs. :4robinf: and would like some practice with :4link: since it's been a while since I've played the :4robinf: MU with him outside.

And also :4mewtwo: too.~

Let me know if anyone would want to play.~
I can play in about an hour if you'd like! :happysheep:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Also, sorry to dash your hopes @ Wintropy Wintropy , but I'm completely incapable of growing meaningful facial hair. Runs in the family.

The best I can get is this wispy, patchy goatee thing that just looks gross and flaky. D:
It's okay. Any good philosopher-scholar has a beard, ergo I shall choose to believe that it's there, it's just on a higher plane of existence than lesser mortals. :3

It's like you're taunting me. ;w;

D

Deleted member

I can play in about an hour if you'd like! :happysheep:
Okay.~

Don't know why I'm telling you this but I'll probably open with :4link: because I've been playing a lot of :4ganondorf: over the past few days and need to give :4link: some attention, I'll probably then switch over to :4mewtwo: because I really need to shake the rust off him and then after all that I may start stomping around with :4ganondorf:

I can play in like 6 hours after work if youvwant.
Okay.~

Relevant Question for anyone who I may be playing against using my :4ganondorf:

Have you people had any Grapes or Salmon yet today?

Trust me it's a very important question.

Matsushi

True Blood
Okay.~

Don't know why I'm telling you this but I'll probably open with :4link: because I've been playing a lot of :4ganondorf: over the past few days and need to give :4link: some attention, I'll probably then switch over to :4mewtwo: because I really need to shake the rust off him and then after all that I may start stomping around with :4ganondorf:

Okay.~

Relevant Question for anyone who I may be playing against using my :4ganondorf:

Have you people had any Grapes or Salmon yet today?

Trust me it's a very important question.
That's no problem! I'll probably be using :4robinm::4marth::4wiifitm::4zelda: for the most part; I usually open with Zelda.

As for your question, I did have grapes yesterday.

Also @ Raziek Raziek , I've finally built the courage to ask for some matches whenever you'd like.

D

Deleted member

That's no problem! I'll probably be using :4robinm::4marth::4wiifitm::4zelda: for the most part; I usually open with Zelda.

As for your question, I did have grapes yesterday.

Also @ Raziek Raziek , I've finally built the courage to ask for some matches whenever you'd like.
Good,

Then I'll feed you some Salmon instead.

Salmondorf.JPG

Top Bottom