• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
Perhaps I should have asked this a month ago, but I'm starting to wonder which one of you lovely tacticians pranked me. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually flattered and I do like the color purple. I'm just surprised I'm still technically pranked. Does it typically last this long?
Pranks last a month from when it went into effect.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Ryouma: Return my cute Kamui to me!
My cute little sister loves him, and she only wants our cute Kamui back! (I think; this line was a pain to translate)
What do you say, cute but annoying foolish brother?

Marx: Since my own sister also feels the same about him...
It is so, that Kamui absolutely can't be allowed to return to you.

Judge Garon: What is Kamui's opinion?
[ even though, it's really my fault ]

WITNESS TESTIMONY
Kamui: I... um... you're both very important to me... um...

Marx (I assume so; this girl is from Nohr, right?): OWOWOW!
I get it, I get it!
I'll work something out, if you just STOP STANDING ON MY FOOT!

Marx: Indeed, I say...
Actually...
I wonder, what if Kamui is originally from Nohr?
[ Surely father cannot be evil... ]

Ryouma: *I have it!*
Yes, here I have a photo of our cute little newborn baby Kamui...
An absolute genuine photo I took in Hoshido...
Look at the shape of this eyelid...
The angle of the nose is exactly like mine, no?
Particularly, how about the small toe on this foot......

Marx: Wh-what... Give the photo to me, so I can verify it!!
O-oh, Kamui is so cute, and...
WHAT?! This is cheating!!!
Please stop, brother! No more!

I feel like I'm missing something in some parts (particularly why they call each other "brother"), but that's more or less the gist of it.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader

My cute little sister loves him, and she only wants our cute Kamui back! (I think; this line was a pain to translate)

WITNESS TESTIMONY

I get it, I get it!

Actually...

I feel like I'm missing something in some parts (particularly why they call each other "brother"), but that's more or less the gist of it.
This is seriously amazing.
And the fact that you translated it makes it even sweeter.
By the way guys seeing as Kamui's starting class is going to be a shape shifter, could this mean that his class doesn't get a promotion?
I'm kinda worried that they give us such a strong unit so early in the game that, unlike Frederick, we have to use for being the main character, specially since his stone seems to have unlimited uses.
That is unless we already know the base stats of the Dark Prince class and i'm just worrying for nothing. :4dedede:

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

WITNESS TESTIMONY

I get it, I get it!

Actually...

From now on he shall be known as Marx Edgeworth! Too awesome bro!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

By the way guys seeing as Kamui's starting class is going to be a shape shifter, could this mean that his class doesn't get a promotion?
I'm kinda worried that they give us such a strong unit so early in the game that, unlike Frederick, we have to use for being the main character, specially since his stone seems to have unlimited uses.
That is unless we already know the base stats of the Dark Prince class and i'm just worrying for nothing. :4dedede:
Well, they did give us Sigurd in FE4, who was a pre-promoted lord with insane base stats, got a silver sword in the prologue, and could legitimately solo the first half of the game without breaking a sweat
The only reason he can't solo the second half too is because he's dead by then

So there's nothing saying they won't do it again. Not that I think it'd be a good idea though.

We do have a screenshot showing his stats at level 11, though, and they seem pretty average.

Edit:

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Well, they did give us Sigurd in FE4, who was a pre-promoted lord with insane base stats, got a silver sword in the prologue, and could legitimately solo the first half of the game without breaking a sweat
The only reason he can't solo the second half too is because he's dead by then

So there's nothing saying they won't do it again. Not that I think it'd be a good idea though.

We do have a screenshot showing his stats at level 11, though, and they seem pretty average.

Edit:

Well confirmed

Kamui is going to die

D

Deleted member

HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY, FIRE EMBLEM!

Speaking of Xenoblade music that should be on Gaur Plain but isn't:
So disappointed this didn't get in. This is such an amazing song, can you just imagine how awesome it'd be fighting to this?
I was incredibly disappointed when I saw that that this and Satorl Marsh - Night weren't songs in the game. I am hoping for song DLC because Unfinished Battle not getting in Smash is pretty criminal in my opinion.

I'm concerned with whoever thought :npc: was a good idea
Though it was really fun in Basic Brawl to run away from people and make them salty :^)
You demon.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
That is a good question. I wonder if Kamui will either have a max level of 20 like Marth or if he will indeed get a promotion? It also makes you wonder if they will bring second classing like did they in Awakening, which I personally had mixed feelings about. How would you people feel if they brought second classing back again?

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I was incredibly disappointed when I saw that that this and Satorl Marsh - Night weren't songs in the game. I am hoping for song DLC because Unfinished Battle not getting in Smash is pretty criminal in my opinion.
It actually is criminal. Those are two of the best songs in Xenoblade. I also really wanted Tragic Decision, but I guess it not getting in Smash isn't as bad as Unfinished Battle and Satorl Marsh - Night not getting in
You demon.
How about THIS demon:

Part of the reason why I hated this stage. "Oh hey, I'm running away from someon-" /Ultimate Chimera randomly spawns in front of me and *CHOMP*

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Couple bits.
  • Happy birthday Lucina. If the future is not yet written, may you write a good one.
  • Magicant being 3DS only is a goddamn crime. Wii U needs that stage. Hell, I'll trade 'em Onett for it.
  • I even loved the Flying Men, personally; thought it was a nice touch. An option to turn them off for serious matches would still be reasonable.
  • @ Moydow Moydow , translating that has made you my hero for the day.
  • @ P Pegasus Knight , thank you for the sentiment, but that air horn made my ears bleed. As for Together We Ride remixes - https://youtu.be/MkqSNS9va5k
  • A class promotion for a transformation class would be unique and pretty baller besides. I could see Kamui being a one-off case of such.
  • Bullet point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@ P Pegasus Knight , thank you for the sentiment, but that air horn made my ears bleed. As for Together We Ride remixes - https://youtu.be/MkqSNS9va5k
I should have seen this coming.
It's funny how the thumbnail is outdated. :p

How about THIS demon:

Part of the reason why I hated this stage. "Oh hey, I'm running away from someon-" /Ultimate Chimera randomly spawns in front of me and *CHOMP*
I hate that stage for this reason and for nightmares in Classic Mode and All-Star Mode. Fighting in that abnormally large stage in those modes is not fun.

Hong

The Strongest
Zero Pants Marth: $4.99
Zero Pants Link: $4.99
Zero Pants Pack: $7.99

See these two epic heroes in their most epicly heroic look of all time. There is no greater form of courage than conquering the darkest of depths and challenging the most insurmountable of evil without pants.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Nothing like coming back from college to find firefox mysteriously closed and then find out someone or something uninstalled adblock and installed 2 crap apps to further infest stuff with ads, bleurgh

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
If you like Visual Novels, you'll love it.

Every single character in it has their own quirks and you'll soon love each and every one of them - except the villains maybe.

The undefeatable trio: from left to right:
  • The silent snarker Ace Attorney
  • The naïve Judge who always hands down the right verdict
  • The snobby Prosecutor

:231:
Hm. Interesting
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCINA!!! <3

Last year, I created a Lucina appreciation thread of sorts as a way of letting fans of Lucina share why they love her so much. In celebration of her birthday, allow me to explain why I love Lucina SO much and why she is considered my favourite female video game character of all time. <3

To start off, let me regal to you the story of my first encounter with Lucina in Awakening and go from there.

When "Marth" was finally revealed to be Lucina in chapter 13, I in no way saw this coming. In fact, I was incredibly surprised by the very fact that she was Chrom's daughter from the future. I had really liked her character when she was personifying "Marth" and after she was revealed to be a woman but it wasn't until chapter 13 that solidified my love, admiration and respect for Lucina as a character. When Chrom said to Lucina, "You deserved better from me than one sword and a world of troubles. I'm sorry," and Lucina started to cry, I was both in shock and in tears by the revelation of everything that had just happened. Here's the cutscene so you understand what I mean and why I felt this way.

Lucina had gone through so much before reaching this point. She had lost her parents, family and some friends to Grima and the Risen, had to rule Ylisse in the absent of her parents at such a young age, had to experience a hellish apocalyptic world that was full of despair, death and ruin, was separated from her allies/time travelling friends, masqueraded as someone she was not for around two years, not to mention was alone most if not all of the time within that two year time span after Gangrel's death, and had her parents and loved ones right in front of her many times but couldn't say anything so she didn't mess with the timeline. Yet, within the moment she revealed her true self as Lucina, the mask came off, the barriers dropped, and all the burdens she carried, the anguish and sadness she had kept inside was finally released because of her father's tender words and the relief of finally being Lucina once more.

It was a moment I will never forget, and one that touched me on a level that I didn't think was possible. I rarely cry or tear up with video games, but Fire Emblem: Awakening was most definitely a welcome exception. From that point on, I wanted to know more about Lucina as a character and I felt a connection with her because in many ways, I could relate given how much hardship I had gone through in the last few years of my life and how I constantly had to wear masks to hide my true feelings from others and so I could remain strong for others because I needed to. While I never had to go through even a fraction of the horrible things she went through, I still know the pains and suffering of loss, of being someone your not due to circumstances and trying to be strong for others because you have to, not because you want to.

And when I began to invest myself into the support conversations with Lucina and Robin, I grew to love her even more. I saw a strong, independent and a very wise woman within Lucina, a woman who was constantly worried about the future and felt the burden of changing fate itself rested upon her and her alone. Yet, within Robin and Lucina's support conversation, it's clear that she's no longer alone, that she doesn't have to carry the weight and responsibility of the future by herself any more because of Robin, Chrom, her mother, the Shepards and of course her allies and friends were there to support her. Lucina had also grown up too fast because she was thrust into a hellish world that required her to become someone far more than what she was currently. However, she proved to be up to the task and it's clear that she had become a woman long before even entering adulthood. But because of this, she was missing a sense of innocence that had been taken from her and it's through the various support conversations with her parents that we see that innocence and child like Lucina come out. Also, her support conversations with Robin really convey to me that these two broken characters are able to become complete because of each other, because they want a better future for themselves for a past that is lost to them.

At the end of chapter 21, when Lucina pointed her sword at me and demanded that I forfeit my life for Chrom, I wept like a little child but the choice was not difficult for me to make. I would have given anything to see Lucina smile once more and so that she may have the future she desired and wanted, even at the cost of my own life. It was such a heart wrenching moment, to see Lucina struggle with the very notion of killing her own husband, the man she loved to save the future of everyone, including her father. If any moment within this game was the pinnacle moment for Lucina, I would have to say it was this very scene with her and Robin. It was emotional, raw and was truly deep and sad as that scene still echoes into my mind to this very day. I cry every time I see this scene and I'm not afraid to admit it because it was Lucina at her best, a woman determined to do anything to change the very fate of her future, even if that meant killing the one man she loved or, if you were were married to Chrom as the female Robin, the mother she loved dearly and admired.

She is the epitome of a strong, independent, wise, and truly beautiful woman and because of that, I became enamored with her character and knew that my player avatar had to marry her as soon as possible. As a man, I am very much attracted to women like Lucina as she personifies the best characteristics of a woman in my personal opinion. She's beautiful, both on the inside and the outside, is a passionate woman of truth and justice, has strong moral convictions and isn't afraid to stand up for them, is just as fragile on the inside as you or I but is able to retain a sense of self and strength to overcome her weaknesses and follies. We need more female characters like Lucina who are bursting with depth and complexity, who has a beauty that doesn't need to be shown through cleavage or exposing flesh, and who makes us as individuals want to be come a better human being overall.

She is without a doubt, my favorite female character in all of video gaming alongside the likes of Palutena from Kid Icarus: Uprising and Naoto from Persona 4. I love her as a female character and I love her as a Smash Bros. character, clone and all. Lucina has awakened my heart and I love her dearly. <3

:4lucina: “I challenge my fate!”

OH MY NAGA! REALLY?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCINA!!!!

:4lucina:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I should have seen this coming.
It's funny how the thumbnail is outdated. :p
Of course you should have.

I don't think its thumbnail is outdated though. It's just pulling from later in the vid.

I would have given this post a yeah if it weren't for that typo because I agree.
I probably would've overlooked the typo for it.

There is no greater form of courage than conquering the darkest of depths and challenging the most insurmountable of evil without pants.
Uh huh. Courage. I buy that, Hong.

Nothing like coming back from college to find firefox mysteriously closed and then find out someone or something uninstalled adblock and installed 2 crap apps to further infest stuff with ads, bleurgh
You're giving me flashbacks.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger

See these two epic heroes in their most epicly heroic look of all time. There is no greater form of courage than conquering the darkest of depths and challenging the most insurmountable of evil without pants.
The best part about these costumes is that they have a black void just like Peach and Rosalina.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Z-zero pants Marth and Link?

Ok talking about serious DLC, I really want to see 8 extra colors for Robin and WFT. They should be the ones with 16 colors, not Little Mac

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Shirtless Ike pack- priceless

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

You mean Classic Link? Doesn't Toon Link already have that costume?

:seuss:.

Shirtless Ike pack- priceless
Please. *~*
Shirtless :4robinm:?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I will only talk about hooded Robin if GC!Villager gets to be a DLC costume

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Sorry to those whose ears hurt from the mash-up video I posted; it sounded okay on my headphones, so I really had no idea it would do that. I'll add a warning to my original post about this.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
So what do you guys think about the possibility of Roy coming back and Ryu getting in the roster? Yay or nay?

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Couple bits.
  • Happy birthday Lucina. If the future is not yet written, may you write a good one.
  • Magicant being 3DS only is a goddamn crime. Wii U needs that stage. Hell, I'll trade 'em Onett for it.
  • I even loved the Flying Men, personally; thought it was a nice touch. An option to turn them off for serious matches would still be reasonable.
  • @ Moydow Moydow , translating that has made you my hero for the day.
  • @ P Pegasus Knight , thank you for the sentiment, but that air horn made my ears bleed. As for Together We Ride remixes - https://youtu.be/MkqSNS9va5k
  • A class promotion for a transformation class would be unique and pretty baller besides. I could see Kamui being a one-off case of such.
  • Bullet point.
I'd be okay with the Flying Men if we could turn them off. I like the concept and it can be fun.

And Magicant being a 3DS exclusive is a total crime.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I feel like shirtless :4robinm: wouldn't be showing off much since he's got the robe and those belt things all over him.

Though shirtless :4myfriends: on the other hand...

1.+Last+Order+raildex+2.+Hachikuji+Mayoi+Monogatari+_378304085ea90c6fcf1a21d5f0df45db.jpg

So what do you guys think about the possibility of Roy coming back and Ryu getting in the roster? Yay or nay?
I'm voting against it until I get a bit more of an actual confirmation. Besides those are two characters who I could care less whether they make it in or not. After seeing the Rayman fake along other things, I'm being a lot more skeptical about these types of things.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
nay Ryu's vitory tune is too retro. Not even Duck hunt Megaman or Pacman have purely retro victory tunes

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Roy coming back I am just "Ehh... okay. I guess it will make others happy?" No amount of complaining on my part would change that he's apparently returning, so I'll just live with it. Note that if they make significant changes to how he plays from Melee I will take this back; I just don't see the need for three versions of Marth is all.

Ryu I am excited for. He should be a great fit for Smash, and I have lots of fond memories of Street Fighter 2 with him. Nintendo has my money for him, no doubt about it.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Roy coming back I am just "Ehh... okay. I guess it will make others happy?" No amount of complaining on my part would change that he's apparently returning, so I'll just live with it. Note that if they make significant changes to how he plays from Melee I will take this back; I just don't see the need for three versions of Marth is all.

Ryu I am excited for. He should be a great fit for Smash, and I have lots of fond memories of Street Fighter 2 with him. Nintendo has my money for him, no doubt about it.
But why should cap com get 2 reps and not Sega or Bandai? Seems a little unfair. Though I agree with Roy though. If he comes back, nothing is stoping characters like Wolf, Pichu and Young Link coming back.

Only without shirt? :4falcon:
:smirk:

Nah, he's a wimp :4myfriends:
Hm. I guess you might be right. It was just a thought.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Sorry to those whose ears hurt from the mash-up video I posted; it sounded okay on my headphones, so I really had no idea it would do that. I'll add a warning to my original post about this.
No, that's not...it's not literal, man, don't sweat it.

And Magicant being a 3DS exclusive is a total crime.
Goddammit yes. It's the most inexcusable thing since Smash Tour existing.

Personally I think Flying Men work well in a 4P FFA where a bit of extra chaos doesn't hurt.

If Shirtless Ike is a thing, so should Shirtless Falcon.
Real talk? I would pick up a pocket Shirtless Falcon.

Top Bottom