• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
So yeah, your ideas on Robin's fan chant?

I personally like MorbidAltuism's "Tip the scales!". Could also see "Robin - tip the scales!" or "Go Ro-bin!".

Or just a lot of people confessing their love for each other in all kinds of languages :D

Last edited:

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
A lot of things have happened over this weekend while I was away, and I am still playing catch up... Where did all of this support come from?

I wouldn't call Chrom disconfirmed yet.
(I was there! :3)

Mathew Mercer didn't really help or hurt Chrom's chances in the game at the panel. He mentioned that he was not ask to voice Chrom for it as they could just use Tomokazu Sugita in all versions.

Off-topic, but the rest of the panel was very entertaining.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
What the heck is going on here? I came back from the decent Microsoft Conference to see everyone in a panic about something about Matthew Mercer. What happened?

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
He said he didn't recieve a word from Nintendo for voicing Chrom afaik.
They are going to use his Japanese Voice, Tomokazu Sugita, only, or he's deconfirmed.

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
What the heck is going on here? I came back from the decent Microsoft Conference to see everyone in a panic about something about Matthew Mercer. What happened?
There was a panel at AnimeNEXT about Mathew Mercer and voice acting in video games. During the Q&A portion, someone asked what his FinalSmash would be in Smash Bros. Mercer then explained how he had not been asked to do the voice acting.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
A lot of things have happened over this weekend while I was away, and I am still playing catch up... Where did all of this support come from?

(I was there! :3)

Mathew Mercer didn't really help or hurt Chrom's chances in the game at the panel. He mentioned that he was not ask to voice Chrom for it as they could just use Tomokazu Sugita in all versions.

Off-topic, but the rest of the panel was very entertaining.
The problem with that theory is wouldn't Chrom actually speak? Ike got new lines for Smash Bros., if Chrom was playable he probably would, too. If not, then he might be an AT.

That said it doesn't deconfirm Chrom, but it could hint against him. It all depends on if he's lying or not (though there's no reason to suggest he's lying).

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So I guess that really lowers Chrom's chances, and skyrockets Robin's chances! Yeah!

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Ya know, I may support Robin much more, but if Chrom's final smash was what Matt Mercer described I'd main him in a heartbeat.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I guess that really lowers Chrom's chances, and skyrockets Robin's chances! Yeah!
Absolutely not the case.

It's likely part of an NDA. He's securing his paycheck by giving a non-answer. He can't say yes, or he'd be leaking information. He also wouldn't give an "I can't say" answer, as what would be the point of hiding it if he didn't? Saying "no" is the best way to secure his NDA and his paycheck.

Also Sal Leak.

Last edited:

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
The problem with that theory is wouldn't Chrom actually speak? Ike got new lines for Smash Bros., if Chrom was playable he probably would, too. If not, then he might be an AT.

That said it doesn't deconfirm Chrom, but it could hint against him. It all depends on if he's lying or not (though there's no reason to suggest he's lying).
I don't think he was lying as there was a similar question. Someone asked if he was going to go any more voice works with Atlus, which he did confirm, but not outright. He hinted that he would be voicing a character in an upcoming Persona 4 game.

Though, the gravity that SSB4 is huge and he would be more inclined to keep it a secret. Like I said prior, I think this neither helps nor harms his chances. He could be lying or they get his Japanese voice actor to do all the voice work. Speaking of which, do we know if Marth or Ike has an English VA?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I don't think he was lying as there was a similar question. Someone asked if he was going to go any more voice works with Atlus, which he did confirm, but not outright. He hinted that he would be voicing a character in an upcoming Persona 4 game.

Though, the gravity that SSB4 is huge and he would be more inclined to keep it a secret. Like I said prior, I think this neither helps nor harms his chances. He could be lying or they get his Japanese voice actor to do all the voice work. Speaking of which, do we know if Marth or Ike has an English VA?
We don't have any video of Ike, and we've not heard Marth I believe.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Though with the international success of Awakening, wouldn't not having at least Ike and the new representatives talking English be kinda puzzling?
I can see Marth still talking Japanese for tradition's sake, but I can't really picture the same with Ike, Robin, Chrom or Lucina.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think even Marth will get an English VA, and I definitely can't see Ike not speaking in English this time.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Absolutely not the case.

It's likely part of an NDA. He's securing his paycheck by giving a non-answer. He can't say yes, or he'd be leaking information. He also wouldn't give an "I can't say" answer, as what would be the point of hiding it if he didn't? Saying "no" is the best way to secure his NDA and his paycheck.

Also Sal Leak.
Sorry but the second part of sal leak has been debunked, just ask me or FalseSense

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Sorry but the second part of sal leak has been debunked, just ask me or FalseSense
What? No, I never said it was debunked. I just don't believe it. Don't drag me into this!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Any proof? As far as I'm aware it hasn't (although I want it to be, and frankly, if we get an FE Newcomer and its not Chrom I'd say its debunked).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
FalseSense and I pointed out a bunch of holes in the leak like 20 pages back.
I'm well aware of holes in the leak, but it doesn't prove it false. People are arguing to death over the Gematsu leak in the Gematsu leak topic.

Anyway I certainly hope E3 disproves it. It'd be nice if the first half is disproved as well, but the only real way to do that is to not show Pac-Man. (I wouldn't even mind Pac-Man THAT much, although I'd rather not have him; its Mii I really don't want).

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm well aware of holes in the leak, but it doesn't prove it false. People are arguing to death over the Gematsu leak in the Gematsu leak topic.

Anyway I certainly hope E3 disproves it. It'd be nice if the first half is disproved as well, but the only real way to do that is to not show Pac-Man. (I wouldn't even mind Pac-Man THAT much, although I'd rather not have him; its Mii I really don't want).
A Shulk Assist Trophy would do the trick as well, even though it'd receive a lot more negative reception on these boards.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
A Shulk AT would only disprove the second half. And frankly, I'd like to see Shulk. I don't think Marth, Ike, and Chrom would represent the series well at all, though. At least pick Lucina over Chrom, but overall I'd prefer Robin (and Robin is more likely to appear in/be referenced in future games than either Chrom or Lucina, assuming that Robin is probably the same as Kris and Mark).

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

It's worth mentioning that the first part of the leak is at this point impossible to disprove. Pac-Man and Miis are both characters who are essentially impossible to de-confirm. Fortunately, both of them are characters that arguably need to be revealed at E3 if they are in the game, so their appearance, or lack of of one, can essentially work as an unofficial de-confirmation.

Though the second part is a lot more vulnerable, considering it actually has characters that can be de-confirmed, and the fact that it came separately from the original opens up the possibility of it being fake. Well, I guess we'll be finding out whether or not this leak is real at E3, anyway.

A Shulk Assist Trophy would do the trick as well, even though it'd receive a lot more negative reception on these boards.
A Chrom Assist Trophy would probably be the better option. It'd cause less of an uproar.

Better yet, why not just put Robin in the game, instead?

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Well, Sal Romano is the one making the claim, therefore he needs the proof. Anyway, here's what I'm hoping to see tomorrow.

Hopefully it's disproved by a Robin confirmation, or a Chrom or Chorus Boy AT. Mainly 'cause I actually want Shulk and Palutena.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, Sal Romano is the one making the claim, therefore he needs the proof. Anyway, here's what I'm hoping to see tomorrow.

Hopefully it's disproved by a Robin confirmation, or a Chrom or Chorus Boy AT. Mainly 'cause I actually want Shulk and Palutena.
A Robin confirmation would not necessarily refute the leak as it is very (im)possible that both characters make an appearance. Or at least that is what they will claim.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's worth mentioning that the first part of the leak is at this point impossible to disprove. Pac-Man and Miis are both characters who are essentially impossible to de-confirm. Fortunately, both of them are characters that arguably need to be revealed at E3 if they are in the game, so their appearance, or lack of of one, can essentially work as an unofficial de-confirmation.

Though the second part is a lot more vulnerable, considering it actually has characters that can be de-confirmed, and the fact that it came separately from the original opens up the possibility of it being fake. Well, I guess we'll be finding out whether or not this leak is real at E3, anyway.

A Chrom Assist Trophy would probably be the better option. It'd cause less of an uproar.

Better yet, why not just put Robin in the game, instead?
Mii wouldn't need to be shown at E3, but Pac-Man would. A Chrom AT would definitely cause less of an uproar, especially since he's likely not to be the main hero again. Lucina might actually end up appearing in other games, though. Same deal with Robin.

A Chorus Men AT would actually help SUPPORT the leak, since the general argument for the leak is the information is outdated. If it is outdated and Chorus Men couldn't be made playable, they could've been demoted to AT, whereas the likelihood of them even being an AT is pretty slim.

A Robin confirmation would not necessarily refute the leak as it is very im(possible) that both characters make an appearance. Or at least that is what they will claim.
Not necessarily, but it would certainly hurt it greatly. I highly doubt we'll get two playable characters from the same series. If we have Robin added and we have a fourth character from FE as well, I think it'd be Roy coming back.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Wait why does that gravestone in my post just say "Custom Tombstones?" It's supposed to say "Sal Romano Leak..." Ugh.

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
A Chorus Men AT would actually help SUPPORT the leak, since the general argument for the leak is the information is outdated. If it is outdated and Chorus Men couldn't be made playable, they could've been demoted to AT, whereas the likelihood of them even being an AT is pretty slim.
Doesn't the leak claim that Pac and Mii were still being worked on? And therefore, it's claiming to be up to date?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
A Robin confirmation would not necessarily refute the leak as it is very (im)possible that both characters make an appearance. Or at least that is what they will claim.
Oh, without a doubt. If Robin is confirmed with no sight of Chrom and no "official" de-confirmation of the leak, all those who adamantly believe the leak will say that Chrom is actually in the game with Robin. It's incredibly unlikely that we would get both main characters from a single game at once, but that's what they would claim.

@ GuyWithTheFace GuyWithTheFace ...Well, didn't the last leak say that Pac-Man and Miis were still on the way? So, yeah, that would imply that he has more recent information...

Interesting.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If Robin is in, Chrom is almost certainly not in and vice versa.
This. Even if we get 4 playable FE characters, Sakurai isn't going to include half the cast from the same game. Robin would pretty much doom Chrom. Honestly I think more people would rather have Roy back than to get Chrom added anyway. (Although it annoys me, because most people like Roy only because of his cool fire effects in Melee an no nothing else about him.)

EDIT:
Doesn't the leak claim that Pac and Mii were still being worked on? And therefore, it's claiming to be up to date?
Yes it does. I tried arguing this as evidence against the leak but it was just blown off. Just like all other arguments against the leak are. Most real leaks don't have such glaring holes like this.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
This. Even if we get 4 playable FE characters, Sakurai isn't going to include half the cast from the same game. Robin would pretty much doom Chrom. Honestly I think more people would rather have Roy back than to get Chrom added anyway. (Although it annoys me, because most people like Roy only because of his cool fire effects in Melee an no nothing else about him.)

EDIT:

Yes it does. I tried arguing this as evidence against the leak but it was just blown off. Just like all other arguments against the leak are. Most real leaks don't have such glaring holes like this.
I would actually much rather Chrom as a newcomer than Roy as a returning veteran. I am not sure if others would agree, but both are redundant characters either way, might as well have the most ideal one that people actually like based on Fire Emblem and not Smash.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Why not both? Why can't Robin and Chrom be the same character, as in they have a pairing system like in Awakening? That would be unique and interesting style. :3

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Why not both? Why can't Robin and Chrom be the same character, as in they have a pairing system like in Awakening? That would be unique and interesting style. :3
Transformations are out, so an MvC-style tag team wouldn't work. The only way they would work is via an ICe-Climbers-style tag team, which is very redundant.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Transformations are out, so an MvC-style tag team wouldn't work. The only way they would work is via an ICe-Climbers-style tag team, which is very redundant.
Why would that be redundant? It would be like Rosalina & Luma, but you can switch between them. I think that could work out nicely. And yes, I was talking about IC style.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Why would that be redundant? It would be like Rosalina & Luma, but you can switch between them. I think that could work out nicely. And yes, I was talking about IC style.
Wouldn't switching between them basically function like a transformation? That's out of the question.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Just my quick thoughts on how I'd LIKE things to play out (in it's entirety, not just for the conference):

Robin confirmed. AFTER that, I wouldn't mind Chrom or Lucina. Pacman, IMO, while iconic in the gaming industry, I just can't see as a playable character. An assist Trophy or Stage would do very fine. I also wouldn't mind a Mii appearance (most likely in the Rescue the Crown stage), but again - I just can't see them as playable characters.
I'd like to see Shulk playable, but I have no clue how likely it is.
I'd also like to see Isaac (who would be my second most favorite newcomer yet to be announced) and Travis Touchdown, though I see that the latter is rather unlikely. I also don't believe Pheonix Wright is very likely, but I'd really like him in the game in some way.

For anything else, I don't really care and would probably think "yeah, that's cool. Now reveal Robin. DOOOO EEEET!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom