• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Monday's update:
Pic of the day. Q: "Is that the Falchion?" A: "Yes, indeed, that is the Falchion." The sword from Fire Emblem is now an item. It's a powerful melee weapon, and is rumoured to have once been used to banish the Fel Dragon Grima.

General Forum Responses: RIP CHROM
Robin supporters: YES
Chrom supporter: Um, hello? That's a DIFFERENT FALCHION! Marth has one, too! This means nothing!

This is the song that never ends~
I'll admit I laughed much harder than I should have.

Hong

The Strongest
If we get another Fire Emblem POTD, the forum is going to lose its collective mind.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If we get another Fire Emblem POTD, the forum is going to lose its collective mind.
Watch it be Robin as a collectable trophy.

And then our hype immediately drops flat.

Hong

The Strongest
Watch it be Robin as a collectable trophy.

And then our hype immediately drops flat.
No! That can just be one Robin! She's an avatar character, remember? Maybe one gender is playable, one is a trophy. Maybe it's because Morgan is playable! Huh!

Am I doing denial right?

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
No! That can just be one Robin! She's an avatar character, remember? Maybe one gender is playable, one is a trophy. Maybe it's because Morgan is playable! Huh!

Am I doing denial right?
Perfect. The Ridley thread would be proud. :troll:

Hong

The Strongest
Meloetta = Pokeball because they already have a musical character in mind.

Elphin confirmed.

Sorry, Reyson fans. Laguz are too much like Pokemon, He'll have to be an Assist Trophy.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Dawn of the final day (before Nintendo's E3 conference)
-32 hours remain-

Damn, am I hyped up. Whatever happens, the chances that I'll stay thrilled are high.

As for costumes on Robin I would expect:
Hooded (maybe also split in male and female, depending on how much the models differ)
Male Default
Female Default
Male Grand Master
Female Grand Master

Colours (also determine the hairstyle for non-hooded skins):
Default (black and purple)
Red (enemy unit colour)
Blue (friendly unit colour)
Green (Mark and neutral unit colour)
Lavender (Katarina)
Yes, I stole borrowed that list from Hong.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
You know what?

The people who are flocking to Robin after Ike was shown and the Matthew Mercer response?

I like it.

Neither of those two things I think should come as a surprise to anyone, but regardless of what happens, it is nice to have more supporters. It just looks nice to see people replacing Chrom on their rosters and stuff with our very own coveted tactician. Don't know about you, but seeing people tout Chrom as a contender, the majority of which know nothing about Fire Emblem, is awful. At least if they genuinely like the character, then I don't mind as much.

Imagine if the fans actually had direct power over the roster... *shudder*
So what's going on currently in here?
I like your avatar.

Largely we are winding down. I still have lots of conversation fodder left, but I try not to post too much of it in one day.

Hong

The Strongest
What should be expect then?:p
Can you rephrase that?

You mean what would be expected?

Probably something really boring that absolutely ignores the fact it is a fighting game that is suppose to reflect all of Nintendo's history. An imbalanced mess of no less than 80 characters, with even more bugs and useless specials than Brawl.

Unless you want me to specifically call out characters, which I won't do publicly as no to antagonize the forums more than I already do.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Can you rephrase that?

You mean what would be expected?

Probably something really boring that absolutely ignores the fact it is a fighting game that is suppose to reflect all of Nintendo's history. An imbalanced mess of no less than 80 characters, with even more bugs and useless specials than Brawl.

Unless you want me to specifically call out characters, which I won't do publicly as no to antagonize the forums more than I already do.
That is what I meant.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So, in order to pass the time..

Any ideas for Robin's Taunts?

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576

Nintendo E3 is upon us, folks. Prepare yourselves.

So, in order to pass the time..

Any ideas for Robin's Taunts?
The checkmate one is AMAZING. That would be awesome. Another could be doing some sort of pose with Ignis petals swirling around him/her.

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I think I've lost all hope for a FE newcomer. I'm in a rut, guys.

I don't know what triggered this, but I'm in a rut, nonetheless.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think I've lost all hope for a FE newcomer. I'm in a rut, guys.

I don't know what triggered this, but I'm in a rut, nonetheless.
I haven't lost any hope at all for an FE newcomer. I'm 90% positive we'll get one, I'm just not sure who it will be. I'm about 30% worried it'll be Chrom, 70% optimistic we'll get someone else, and 100% positive I made up all these statistics on the spot.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I haven't lost any hope at all for an FE newcomer. I'm 90% positive we'll get one, I'm just not sure who it will be. I'm about 30% worried it'll be Chrom, 70% optimistic we'll get someone else, and 100% positive I made up all these statistics on the spot.
It's gonna be Robin or Lucina.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
How come I just learned about this thread?

100/100, has my vote.

Honestly, I think Robin is the character they should use for character customization if that's ever a thing.

Would be 100x better than mii's IMO.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
How come I just learned about this thread?

100/100, has my vote.

Honestly, I think Robin is the character they should use for character customization if that's ever a thing.

Would be 100x better than mii's IMO.
I don't think character customization WILL be a thing, and I don't think Mii's will be playable, either. Robin will probably be represented by the "default" outfit, but can get different hair colors.

It's gonna be Robin or Lucina.
Lucina is better than Chrom, but she still looks like a gender swapped Marth. Even Marth's outfit in this game looks closer to that of Lucina's (honestly I think its a hint that Lucina will be an alt of Marth).

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
I don't think character customization WILL be a thing, and I don't think Mii's will be playable, either. Robin will probably be represented by the "default" outfit, but can get different hair colors.
I doubt this, as Villager has already been shown to have different hairstyles as well. Both genders will definitely get the default size (female will grow a bit to match male's height like WFT), and we may see a hairstyle from each build to represent the customization.

Top Bottom