• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Oh, are we talking Xenoblade spoilers again?

Anyway, my search for a buyable Nopon/Riki plushie remains fruitless.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Nonsense. We were talking about how... how I'm planning on doing a swimsuit run once I beat Xenoblade for the first time. Yes that one.

Also Captain Falcon should definitely appear in Fire Emblem if. Introduce a brawler class or make it exclusive to him. Who wouldn't want to falcon punch the final boss?

Shaymikyu

I wouldn't be opposed to some of the Amiibos activating a special unit in If or the like. I fully anticipate that they'll do something with the FE ones, at least.

Shaymikyu

I've only done Smash Tour so far for the Pac-Land stage. It's going to be a long while before I look back.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I wouldn't be opposed to some of the Amiibos activating a special unit in If or the like. I fully anticipate that they'll do something with the FE ones, at least.
It does give them an excuse to make more of them. An amiibo paralogue where you're warped to the era where the character is from.
:4lucina:: Sent to Arena Ferox. Have to fight her to recruit her.
:4robinm:: Sent to some random field. Have to protect Robin from a group of Grimleal intending to take him with them.
:4marth: and :4myfriends:: I'll leave those two for someone more familiar with their games.

I wonder if FE14 will get an amiibo line of its own.

Shaymikyu

And we could get Amiibos of the more popular FE characters who don't have them already, like Lyn or Anna or Tiki.

Maybe I'm being overly-idealistic, but I could see it happening.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I don't care what the amiibo does, I just want a 8 Inch plastic figure of one of my favorite Nintendo characters.

Hope this delay of wave 4 means Nintendo is making a hell-ton of these things.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I just want the only piece of official Mother merchandise I will likely ever get a realistic chance of physically owning.:crying:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Also Captain Falcon should definitely appear in Fire Emblem if. Introduce a brawler class or make it exclusive to him. Who wouldn't want to falcon punch the final boss?

Please someone from IS be perusing just once, right now, please, make my dream happen, thank you.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I...I... I can't believe I lost the :4robinm:x:4shulk: shipping stuff.

Pfff! I don't care!

Mark my words! This fandom is going to get as big as :4marth:x:4myfriends:.:roll:

I don't care what the amiibo does, I just want a 8 Inch plastic figure of one of my favorite Nintendo characters.

Hope this delay of wave 4 mean Nintendo is making a hell-ton of these things.
Funnily enough, that's what I think too :v
I'm not even caring what you can do with them in games. All that matter is that I want to have a goddamned figurine of :4ness: and :4robinm:.
It's the main reason they are so popular. They look pretty in shelves.
I would dare say some people who buy them aren't even Nintendo game fans. I mean, how many people already bought the Megaman amiibo just to have a figurine, even if they don't even own a Nintendo console? It's not the kind of thing limited to gamers.
Any little kid would want a cool figurine.

Shaymikyu

Honestly, nothing wrong with just wanting a cool figure. That's why I want Ness and Robin (and maybe Lucina)- to have neat figures of characters I love. I don't use them in the games themselves often.

It's the people who buy them up to inflate them that irk me.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
You could stick a few Nintendo characters into Fire Emblem classes, really. It would be neat to have them with Amiibo compatibility or something.

Mario and Luigi as Heroes wielding Hammers.

Link as a Bow Knight. Ganon as a Dark Knight. Zelda as a Sage.

Villager as an Assassin.

And so on.

I just want the only piece of official Mother merchandise I will likely ever get a realistic chance of physically owning.:crying:
You could import a Mr. Saturn hot water bottle. :v

Elezir

Shifting the topic a little, I just read this notice.
So, any guesses as what this JRPG will be?
Knowing Square, I'm not betting on any exciting surprise, though.

Shaymikyu

You could stick a few Nintendo characters into Fire Emblem classes, really. It would be neat to have them with Amiibo compatibility or something.

Villager as an Assassin.

And so on.

There's even an option to have a Mother 2 or Mother 3 logo.:eek: Need!

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

Villager as an Assassin.

And so on.

So Fire Emblem: Smash bros edition? That might be kinda neat if not too saturated so your entire army isn't just cameos upon cameos. I honestly thought they should have done something similar with Mario Kart. For example, Fox can be in his arwing, Link actually be on Epona instead of an Epona shaped bike, and Marth can, I don't know, share a pegasus with Caeda or something.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Marth can ride on a Ballistae, Robin can ride Tiki, Ike can command the Begnion senate and Ashera to cart him off wherever he wants because he's Ike, dammit. :v

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Nintendo Kart can still be a thing.

Cause' I know we all want Captain Falcon in a tiny Blue Falcon.

Hong

The Strongest
For me, if it involves yaoi, it's always the right place.

Well, actually, I've seen enough during my life-time that I may want to include an asterisk in that statement.

There are things I will never be able to unsee.:090:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
For me, if it involves yaoi, it's always the right place.

Well, actually, I've seen enough during my life-time that I may want to include an asterisk in that statement.

Now I'm curious...

Hong

The Strongest
Now I'm curious...
It's against forum policy for me to publicly share anything, but if you really must know...

You can go somewhere like y!Gallery and just observe the front-page. Make sure you sign up too, to make sure nothing is being filtered from your fragile virgin eyes. I won't link anything, of course. Be resourceful, and don't say I didn't warn you.

D

Deleted member

EDIT: *Looks above*
Ignore this. Sorry.
Here's a pic of Luigi's nose for compensation:

Last edited by a moderator:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Yaoi is evil.

I would rather face the four gods of Chaos with my bare hands than yaoi.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
It's against forum policy for me to publicly share anything, but if you really must know...

You can go somewhere like y!Gallery and just observe the front-page. Make sure you sign up too, to make sure nothing is being filtered from your fragile virgin eyes. I won't link anything, of course. Be resourceful, and don't say I didn't warn you.
...oh my god
So there's good yaoi, AND THEN APPARENTLY THERE'S Y GALLERY. I regret looking that site up, but you did warn us :4dk:

Hong

The Strongest
Heyyy, now. y!G is great, and I've a habit of checking it a few times a week and sharing stuff with friends. Just a matter of finding good artists and authors to follow. :D

It's not that yaoi is mystically better than other forms of romance, so much as... Well, I of all people hate to make generalizations, but a lot of heteronormative romance is drab and boring and sometimes insulting, while a lot yuri feels like it was made by degenerate hungry men for degenerate hungry men. Literally the images typically have the female characters trying to appeal to the fourth wall, which is gross IMO.

Of course, not always the case. Some of the best cheesy hetero-romance is written by nice fellows, and a lot werminz make some absolutely deplorable content... yaoi or otherwise. Just a general gist I've felt as someone who has been like this since forever. I can appreciate romance written by all genders, containing all genders, intended for all genders, and reserve judgment until I have seen it.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

I'm sacred :p

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Perfect chance to get the original Pokemon games onto that system, and reprogram it to use Bluetooth connectivity for trading Pokemon.

Free money.

Elezir

Anyway...

How about those Nintendo smartphones?
They are..alrighty, I suppose.
I'm not a big fan of smartphone games, but I do know how popular they've become.
It's a surprise seeing Nintendo enter the mobile games market, considering how conservative they've been until now. Maybe they don't think they will be able to survive by only making games for consoles, if we consider that Sony and Microsoft, for example, don't live off only games.
I will wait and see what happens for now, but I think that as long as they don't pull a SEGA, it'll be fine.

The idea of having Fire Emblem, for example, for PC does sound good to me, I will have to admit.:4pacman:

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
are we still talking about yaoi?
The weirdest ship i have ever heard/seen was LagiacrusXRathalos...
I need to reevaluate my relationship with monster hunter...
._.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Robin can ride Tiki
Don't mind me, just pulling out the part of that quote with the most double entendres and letting it chill there.

Some interesting thoughts regardless. I think by this time it's getting into overkill though.

Shifting the topic a little, I just read this notice.
So, any guesses as what this JRPG will be?
Knowing Square, I'm not betting on any exciting surprise, though.
It could be Bravely Second.

That'd be exciting as ****.

Preach.

To follow up on your valid points about romance a bit further down, I'd like to restate Sturgeon's Law. I don't figure it's news, nor am I going to claim any expert knowledge in the romance genre, but I presume it applies here as with most everywhere.
Like 90% of my posts.

All I can think to do romance-wise is write them as human beings, let them bump into each other, and let the rest fall where it will. And if they hump, because that's what humans tend to do, then let em. Does that sound like it's on the right track?
Alright sometimes they might need a nudge. But y'know. Plausibility.

D

Deleted member

Oh man if only Page Six was yaoi, it'd fit so well with all the Robin X Shulk right now.

Only some of you will understand that reference.

:awesome:

Top Bottom