• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
Etrian Odyssey is teh bomb.

Though I am slowly becoming obsessed with Dark Souls which is a part of different series of brutally hard RPG games.

I need help. ;-;
Too much of that, and other games can become unfun. D:

Like, I don't think a game needs to be difficult to be fun... but when a game is too easy, sometimes it fails to engage me. When I try to play a number of other RPG games, the challenges can feel so horribly underwhelming in comparison that there is no satisfaction in victory. Thank goodness some developers are kind enough to have hard modes that are actually at least vaguely hard. Otherwise I need to make up ways to make the game interesting.

Or hack it if it's old enough. ¬ ¬

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Like, I don't think a game needs to be difficult to be fun... but when a game is too easy, sometimes it fails to engage me. When I try to play a number of other RPG games, the challenges can feel so horribly underwhelming in comparison that there is no satisfaction in victory. Thank goodness some developers are kind enough to have hard modes that are actually at least vaguely hard. Otherwise I need to make up ways to make the game interesting.

Thankfully I seem to only ever be attracted to the more difficult RPGs (EO, DkS, ect..) or the ones unique enough to stay fun even if they end up being easy (Fire Emblem, Sands of Destruction, Kingdom Hearts ect..)

So I'm fine on that front.

Besides Dark Souls is like 10 games packed in one anyway, in terms of playability.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Dark Souls is the best. It's Nintendo hard and it's dark.

And...

Artorias(Intuos Filter).png <3 Artorias. That's one of the first doodles I made with my graphics tablet.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
@ The Merc The Merc
They announced localization of EOU2. Here's the teaser site.

Well, out of people who have posted here alone, there's @ mimgrim mimgrim , @Second Power @Karafuru, and @Narwalgod. Of those four, the first two do not post in this thread anymore, and the other two are less active, so I could see how they would be missed. Oh, I also recently corrupted @ The Merc The Merc .

That aside, there's a small number of us. Some of us can be found here.
Huh, alright then. But I think the reason I remembered you being one so well it's because you had a Etrian Odyssey avatar for a long time. Don't quite remember what it was though.
Wah, what is it? The link isn't working for me :c.
Apparently the page was taken down and put back up? I replaced it anyways.
Etrian Odyssey is teh bomb.

Though I am slowly becoming obsessed with Dark Souls which is a part of different series of brutally hard RPG games.

I need help. ;-;
I've bested them both. Dark Souls 1 was sooooo much harder to me.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Getting Dair spikes with Robin is soooo fun. There is just something evil about electroucing your opponent while they fall to their doom. I swear I can never catch the books in time, though.

Also I finally completed not only the last chapter of FE:Awakening but also all the Future Past DLCs which in my opinion makes the game complete. Epic final battle of both Grima's though I expected a bit more difficulty. Still a great fight. I will celebrate by posting a little summary pic:

my Robin is the adult version but that doesn't matter, heh

I am already very far on my second playthrough just need to grind Olivia a bit.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Ah Dark Souls. The game I still have yet to beat. ;_; Seriously, I like me some difficult games but after playing the game on three separate play throughs, I just gave up trying or caring. I guess Dark Souls just isn't for me. Not that I mind, of course. I may like difficulty in games but I'm not a masochist lol XD Fire Emblem is just the right amount of difficult where it doesn't become too unfair..............unless it's Lunatic mode in Awakening. I don't care if it unlocks Lunatic +, I'd like to keep my sanity, thank you very much. XP

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Dark Souls' final boss music is beautiful.

You're attacking the Lord of Cinder to a piece that would fit in perfectly with Awakening's tunes.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If there was, hypothetically speaking, a Nintendo VS. Capcom game, would it be a triditional fighter, or a Smash Brothers title?

D

Deleted member

If there was, hypothetically speaking, a Nintendo VS. Capcom game, would it be a triditional fighter, or a Smash Brothers title?
I'm thinking it would be a fighting game similar to that of Marvel vs. Capcom. I think making a game like that could be less stressful than making a new Smash game (especially if the roster is going to be huge for both sides).

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I would agree with XenoBrawler and say it would play more like a Capcom fighter. I would say because Capcom has more experience in making fighting games along with the fact that Smash gives fighters a limited moveset where a game like Street fighter has those quarter circle inputs along with other variations which could give characters more depth.

Though seeing characters like Ryu in smash would be interesting, but at that point we might as well throw in more Sega characters and other companies like Sony and make an ultimate company battle royal :awesome:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Ugh.

Please, don't bring back memories of that game's utterly busted execution to me.
But Liquid! It's SUCH a fantastic game! :seuss: Not to mention, I've seen some derpy kids on Miiverse say that Smash Bros. is a rip off of Playstation All-Stars, so it must be true. :troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::awesome:

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I went back and played The World Ends With You. It turns out it's almost been a year since I last played it, but everything's coming back to me. The music, the art style, the combat system, the music, the characters, the music,

oh gosh the music is glorious

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
But Liquid! It's SUCH a fantastic game! :seuss: Not to mention, I've seen some derpy kids on Miiverse say that Smash Bros. is a rip off of Playstation All-Stars, so it must be true. :troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::awesome:
If that game didn't have glaring issues such as the kill system, infinites everywhere, glitches everywhere and several Brawl Meta Knights within it(and even those that don't qualify are horrendously annoying to deal with even as a high tier character), I might give it a bit more credit. Only things I will ever defend about it are Colonel Radec(hence my sig) and Sir Daniel.

Believe me, I was a known name in that community for over a year and a half. You do not want to know the kind of stupidity the game can force on you.

Oh wait, you do. You can probably guess what went wrong, as that isn't supposed to happen with the supposed start-up invincibility that Level 3 Supers provide.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
So I went back and played The World Ends With You. It turns out it's almost been a year since I last played it, but everything's coming back to me. The music, the art style, the combat system, the music, the characters, the music,

oh gosh the music is glorious
I love everything in TWEWY from the battle system to Tin Pin Slammer(which they totally ripped off for street smash). It's probably in my top 5 favourite games.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
If that game didn't have glaring issues such as the kill system, infinites everywhere, glitches everywhere and several Brawl Meta Knights within it(and even those that don't qualify are horrendously annoying to deal with even as a high tier character), I might give it a bit more credit. Only things I will ever defend about it are Colonel Radec(hence my sig) and Sir Daniel.

Believe me, I was a known name in that community for over a year and a half. You do not want to know the kind of stupidity the game can force on you.

Oh wait, you do. You can probably guess what went wrong, as that isn't supposed to happen with the supposed start-up invincibility that Level 3 Supers provide.
0_0 My apologizes for hitting a rather sensitive subject. I'm just going to walk EVER so slowly away from you now.........NO LIQUID! NOOOOO!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
0_0 My apologizes for hitting a rather sensitive subject. I'm just going to walk ever so slowly away from you now...........NO LIQUID! NOOOOO!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!
It's not a "sensitive" subject, so to speak, just one I really don't like talking about that much, but one that I ironically can spill everything about it on if asked or needed(like when someone brings up why hazards can't simply be disabled in Sm4sh, I link to an article where Sakurai takes a jab at PSASBR).

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Mh is love then.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
It's not a "sensitive" subject, so to speak, just one I really don't like talking about that much, but one that I ironically can spill everything about it on if asked or needed(like when someone brings up why hazards can't simply be disabled in Sm4sh, I link to an article where Sakurai takes a jab at PSASBR).
Hmmmmm, fair enough. I understand how you feel, just in regards to an entirely different subject. Good on you for talking about it at the very least. Talking about what bothers us can be quite beneficial I find. But I can see why talking about Playstation All-Stars bothers you so. No doubt there's alot we don't know, but it's best to keep things as they are. No need to dig up unpleasant memories or past feelings. Thanks for giving us a little insight into you and what not. ^_^

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I don't really think it was a jab PSASBR. He just said that Smash was not PSASBR.

Hong

The Strongest
Ah. Tanks Hong :). NSG's link just wasn't working for me for some reason :/.
ER ME GAWD, THAT TRAILER WAS BADASS XD!
Really?

I don't mean to sound like a Negative Nancy, but I think the trailer is a massive embarrassment. Showcasing some generic "childhood friends go on a fantasy adventure" anime rubbish. Likewise, the last EOU's story mode was such a massive eyesore. Thankfully, both the original EOU and EOU2 have a Classic mode, so one can enjoy the vastly improved gameplay compared to their DS counterparts, without the gag-worthy anime characters and interactions.

Was pretty hype to see a War Magus in motion, though.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't really think it was a jab PSASBR. He just said that Smash was not PSASBR.
Probably should have worded that to say "mention" instead of "jab". In his words, "if we propose such an option, it might as well be PSASBR!"

Whether it's a jab or not is debatable, though most people that react to the article say it's a jab.

Hmmmmm, fair enough. I understand how you feel, just in regards to an entirely different subject. Good on you for talking about it at the very least. Talking about what bothers us can be quite beneficial I find. But I can see why talking about Playstation All-Stars bothers you so. No doubt there's alot we don't know, but it's best to keep things as they are. No need to dig up unpleasant memories or past feelings. Thanks for giving us a little insight into you and what not. ^_^
Not that it always bothers me. Hell, if I was talking to someone unbiased and willing to listen, I could gush about some cool matches I have recorded in my other channel, or deliver an infodump about how the game works, or talk about anything I was asked. But considering I'm a guy with a name from that community who is now dead center(and somewhat known) in the very community of the game it copied, it's in my best interest to do so lest I be met with heavily mixed responses.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Really?

I don't mean to sound like a Negative Nancy, but I think the trailer is a massive embarrassment. Showcasing some generic "childhood friends go on a fantasy adventure" anime rubbish. Likewise, the last EOU's story mode was such a massive eyesore. Thankfully, both the original EOU and EOU2 have a Classic mode, so one can enjoy the vastly improved gameplay compared to their DS counterparts, without the gag-worthy anime characters and interactions.

Wait, you want some mature, original, well executed story not reliant on trite conventions and overused anime tropes? What nonsense is this?

Note: I have not played any of the EO games outside of a demo so I'm not referring to EO specifically.

Hong

The Strongest
Huh, alright then. But I think the reason I remembered you being one so well it's because you had a Etrian Odyssey avatar for a long time. Don't quite remember what it was though.
Yeah. The norm for me, since discovering the Etrian Odyssey series, has been Etrian Odyssey avatars.

While I don't use it here right now, I've had this one for years:

As well as other Hexer avatars, in addition to the Protector. I don't know. People say the Hexer and Dark Hunter seem like a class that suits me for some reason. Not sure how I should feel about the latter being an S&M-themed class.
:dazwa:
Wait, you want some mature, original, well executed story not reliant on trite conventions and overused anime tropes? What nonsense is this?

Note: I have not played any of the EO games outside of a demo so I'm not referring to EO specifically.
The beauty of EO games is not how good the story is, but the absence of story in of itself.

Not like story is absent entirely from the series, so much as they give you very basic world-building information and bare-minimal interaction in the labyrinth. The characters themselves are traditionally a completely blank slate, with no name or history behind them, and no dialogue, leaving it up to the player's imagination.. EOIV had the perfect ratio of story and freedom to interpretation.

For the few characters the traditional EO games have, I generally find them more likeable than the average anime character. Especially the barkeepers and guild masters.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
I'd prefer a more traditional Marvel style VS. game. If Ninty isn't the company for the next VS. Capcom game, I'd probably want this instead.

It would probably be difficult and not worth the resources to make 2 different types of fighting games.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Really?

But-But.......

I though the anime art style was pretty :sadeyes:.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I prefer the traditional fighter approach. And if it were built upon MVC's engine, I'd get it instantly, plus fighters not in Smash would get far better chances here.

I'd pay money to see, for example, Wesker vs Mewtwo.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
On the subject of the Souls games, the first Dark Souls is among my favorite games of last gen, it's a frustrating experience and I don't believe every difficult moment was fair per say, but the lore is excelent. The sequel is good, but I think it's not on the same level as the first game. And I know I'll sound blasphemos for this, but I do not like Demon's Souls, even after playing the two Dark games I could not get into it and, after finishing it with the help of a friend, I was not satisfied by the experience.

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
@ Hong Hong So my cat must have a thing for Erika because I left my browser open on this page for a few minutes and I noticed my cat was staring at your sig of Erika and it proceeded to paw at it.

I then tried it out with the other member's signatures but my cat only showed interest in Erika.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
@ Hong Hong So my cat must have a thing for Erika because I left my browser open on this page for a few minutes and I noticed my cat was staring at your sig of Erika and it proceeded to paw at it.

I then tried it out with the other member's signatures but my cat only showed interest in Erika.
I think it just because it was moving. Cats like moving things :p.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I think it just because it was moving. Cats like moving things :p.
Explains why my cats will chase their own tails at times.

Though I will still believe that my cat took an interest in Erika herself :estatic:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I'm amused at the fact that your cat was attracted to a turquoise-haired anime lady. :p

Top Bottom