• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wouldn't you condemn me for being a "tier *****"? :4diddy: :smirk:

Btw, I really like :4robinm:'s playstyle! He's easily my favorite newcomer in this game.
Nah man. Play who you want to play, ain't no matter to any of us who you wanna play, as long as you're a good person at the end of the day~

Robin is pretty great alright! She won my heart the moment I saw her~ <3

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wouldn't you condemn me for being a "tier *****"? :4diddy: :smirk:

Btw, I really like :4robinm:'s playstyle! He's easily my favorite newcomer in this game.
Plus, you've been named Diddy Kong since 2004?...

Yeah, I think you deserve to play as Diddy without anyone saying crap.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
The bad MU for Robin are because rushdown can really tear us apart, we have a good close combat with fast moves and powerful aerials but not like Sheik that he can pressure you with just Fair or Ftilt. I think that the weapon breaking properties is just for representation and to give a little gimmick to the tactician, still the books do tons of damage for a single item and have a really good killpower. And what we could possibly now of what Sakurai was thinking while making Robin? Only he knows.

Also, playing against @ Raziek Raziek Robin (or training with him) in a nutshell.

That writing is so similar to mine that I thought I had made it and forgot, haha

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nah man. Play who you want to play, ain't no matter to any of us who you wanna play, as long as you're a good person at the end of the day~

I immediately liked Robin to the first time I saw him / her revealed! Not only because of his playstyle, but because Chrom wasn't picked either, and it gave me hope that the Gematsu "leaked" characters where not everything we where getting. Loved the way Robin represented Fire Emblem as well- and I still do. Plus Robin's amazingly fun to play to!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I immediately liked Robin to the first time I saw him / her revealed! Not only because of his playstyle, but because Chrom wasn't picked either, and it gave me hope that the Gematsu "leaked" characters where not everything we where getting. Loved the way Robin represented Fire Emblem as well- and I still do. Plus Robin's amazingly fun to play to!
Seeing as he / she is the only feasable choice for a FE magic unit, I'd be somewhat interessted in what he / she could bring. Though, I'd rather see the Tactican / My Unit as a fourth character for Fire Emblem, as I'm not keen on giving up Ike for him, and don't expect him before or without Chrom.
You've certainly come quite a long way, haven't you? :p

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I like how much of FE's mechanics are in Robin's moveset, sadly I can't use him/her nearly as well as I'd like to be able to.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm surprised I didn't mention this sooner but I'm going to an anime convention this weekend and I'll be cosplaying as Robin and Minato Arisato. There's going to be a Smash 4 tournament there so I'm gonna to try to represent the tactician well, though at the very least I'll play some friendlies if I miss out. If I find other FE characters, I'll try to take some pictures for you guys and I'll share some of them with you all who's interested. I also went and edited my Streetpass team to try to match Smash Robin as much as I could. Gave him and this F!Robin: Arcfire, Elwind, Thoron, Bronze and Levin Swords. My team consists of M!Robin, F!Robin (from my logbook), Lucina, Chrom, Tiki, Anna, Morgan, Cordelia, Severa, and Owain.

The only thing I'm slightly upset with is I don't have a Levin Sword for my Robin cosplay :c The closest thing I have is this black wooden katana which I could just say that it's something Owain forged up. I did end up making a "tome" from scratch which I feel proud about. It's not very detailed, but it's something. But yeah, I'll be gone for the weekend tipping the scales out irl. If I'm not here tomorrow, then I'll catch you all Sunday.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Was just really hoping :4myfriends: came back before anything else. :4robinm: and :rosalina: are probably the only characters I actually felt hype for when seeing their trailers.
Dat Impa hope though. Just kidding, Hey Diddy how've you been?

I was quite sure Ike would be back myself, but I was also pretty hyped at nearly all the trailers

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm surprised I didn't mention this sooner but I'm going to an anime convention this weekend and I'll be cosplaying as Robin and Minato Arisato. There's going to be a Smash 4 tournament there so I'm gonna to try to represent the tactician well, though at the very least I'll play some friendlies if I miss out. If I find other FE characters, I'll try to take some pictures for you guys and I'll share some of them with you all who's interested. I also went and edited my Streetpass team to try to match Smash Robin as much as I could. Gave him and this F!Robin: Arcfire, Elwind, Thoron, Bronze and Levin Swords. My team consists of M!Robin, F!Robin (from my logbook), Lucina, Chrom, Tiki, Anna, Morgan, Cordelia, Severa, and Owain.

The only thing I'm slightly upset with is I don't have a Levin Sword for my Robin cosplay :c The closest thing I have is this black wooden katana which I could just say that it's something Owain forged up. I did end up making a "tome" from scratch which I feel proud about. It's not very detailed, but it's something. But yeah, I'll be gone for the weekend tipping the scales out irl. If I'm not here tomorrow, then I'll catch you all Sunday.
Have fun, fellow con-goer and cosplay enthusiast! Let us know how that goes~! :3

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

Robin's like a drug. Spend too much time away from the beloved tactician and you will suffer from withdrawal symptoms.

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651

Hey, I'm also going to a con as the tactician. I hope I can find other Fire Emblems cosplays (maybe joke about Chrom that's not in smash). There's also a Smash 4 tournament here but the rules are just horrible (FFA 5 stocks and items on), I'm considering if I enter maybe I can win a funny price but I don't want to miss the con for a tournament that takes forever in just 1 TV.
You have cosplayed before? This is my first time cosplaying so I don't really know what to do but I wanted to experience cosplaying a character, at least it looks fun. Maybe I do a butter knife to go to the con but if I can't do it on time maybe I go with a old book I found.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
A butter knife? So... um...
"That's why I carry my Levin Knife!"
"Levin knife?"
"It's only got two uses left okay?"

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Hey, I'm also going to a con as the tactician. I hope I can find other Fire Emblems cosplays (maybe joke about Chrom that's not in smash). There's also a Smash 4 tournament here but the rules are just horrible (FFA 5 stocks and items on), I'm considering if I enter maybe I can win a funny price but I don't want to miss the con for a tournament that takes forever in just 1 TV.
You have cosplayed before? This is my first time cosplaying so I don't really know what to do but I wanted to experience cosplaying a character, at least it looks fun. Maybe I do a butter knife to go to the con but if I can't do it on time maybe I go with a old book I found.
I have cosplayed a few times, though this will be my first time doing Robin. Cosplaying is really just a way to show your appreciation for a character/series in my book so don't worry too much about it being perfect. If I like said character, then usually I'd want cosplay as them. You don't need to worry about being in character, which I tried to do when I cosplayed as Minato from Persona 3 and quickly broke when I found a certain other P3 cosplayer. It does feel good to see someone else cosplaying from the same series you are and since Fire Emblem is much more popular, I'm pretty sure you'll at least find someone who's cosplaying from FE as well.

As for that tournament if the prize doesn't seem interesting and there's not many setups, I'd probably avoid it since you'd have to be stuck there instead of exploring the event. That and those rules do not sound fun to play in a tournament setting, but then again it is for a big convention. But yeah, cosplaying is fun and part of the fun in going to cons for me is seeing other people's cosplays. Just go have fun with it and I hope you enjoy yourself.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
He is but Nick Fury was a white guy in 616(main universe). He has a kid who is SLJ Fury. SLJ Fury was first in Ultimate's(A different series made so kids could get in early. A lot of what's been seen in the past decade or so has been based on this such as the Ultimate Spider-Man game and cartoon) universe at it's launch in...2000? So now there's 2 SLJ Fury's.

They are killing the jokey awesome Deadpool and replacing him with this half robot piece of **** from Ultimate if I understand Secret Wars right. They are mixing Ultimate's universe with the 616 one so for example Miles Morales and Peter Parker will both be Spider-Man in the same universe. I'm behind but I imagine it has to do with the Galactus attack in Ultimate.
*shurgs* I still like Sam L Jackson as Nick. He's to awesome.

Also, I just looked at the Ultimate universe Deadpool and I have to say, either Marvel is having a mid life crisis or something is serious going wrong inside the company

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I do too. I love SLJ. Just saying. Comic wise it's unnecessary with the fusion.

And yes. What is wrong with them? I was mad when Peter died too but I figured that was pretty temporary. This is questionable.

TDF_Lewis

Smash Cadet
NNID
TDF_Lewis
3DS FC
4613-7345-1015

I was quite sure Ike would be back myself, but I was also pretty hyped at nearly all the trailers
I'm still sort of in shock that they decided to go for Lucina instead of Chrom. During Palutena's Guidance (Pit's smash taunt on Palutena's Temple) for Robin, they said (in regards to Chrom) "Plus, you and Ike are too similar. No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?"

:substitute:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
To be fair, Chrom being an Ike clone isn't really that weird given how weird and nonsensical Smash is in general.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Would he have a giant Falchion though? It'd be so weird. He was stated to fight like Lucina iirc. That's what tipped him off in Arena Ferox? It's been a while.
That's not really that weird, though, if you ask me.
You know what's weird?
The Koopalings transforming into Shadow Mario.

And who said it would have to be giant? Reduced range and power, but with more speed. That'd be an interesting spin on Ike's moveset.
Chrom fights like Lucina, or, more accurately, Lucina fights like him because he taught her.
Which would mean neither of them fight like Marth, but Lucina is a clone of Marth, so... :4dedede:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
They're all descendants of Anri, the original wielder of Falchion.

Falchion forces its wielders to bend to its will and force them to use it the same way every time. New headcanon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Yeah am good man, how about you? Yes, Impa... What a mess that turned out to be! Zelda and Sheik split, still no Impa. :urg: Guess I can hope for DLC, as Impa is easily the best candidate for a Zelda character (as well as the most popular) but... At this point her best bet might be getting in as an alt to :4sheik:. Which I still easily take over nothing!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Going back to the 3DS version, I can't help but notice just how blatant Robin's pigtails clip through her robes. It really makes me appreciate the Wii U version even more for fixing that error in her design.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Don't forget:
Guys.

I played the Wii U version today.

Major MAJOR buff to Robin.

CAPE PHYSICS.

The bottom of the Robe billows in the wind and it looks AMAZING.

(Also, I'm like 70% sure they buffed Robin's aerial acceleration (so you can fast-fall faster, better weave-game), but I'm unsure if it's simply placebo due to having a better control scheme, or not.)
Cape physics HYYYYPE!

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Yeah am good man, how about you? Yes, Impa... What a mess that turned out to be! Zelda and Sheik split, still no Impa. :urg: Guess I can hope for DLC, as Impa is easily the best candidate for a Zelda character (as well as the most popular) but... At this point her best bet might be getting in as an alt to :4sheik:. Which I still easily take over nothing!
Least you can be Impa in Hyrule Warriors eh?

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267

Did somebody say Minato?!:colorful:

Make me proud, buddy!

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Seriously considering doing a FemRobin cosplay if I can get the materials and makeup for it.

Gat dangit you guys are all so talented and inspiring. ;w;

Top Bottom