• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'd burst into laughter if it turned out that Duck Hunt's trailer didn't show up again this time, much like what had happened in the live event.

In any case, I want more news on FE x SMT. It is still in development, right?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't know about FE x SMT, but SMT x FE still is in development, according to the Code Name S.T.E.A.M. developers back at E3.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I don't know about FE x SMT, but SMT x FE still is in development, according to the Code Name S.T.E.A.M. developers back at E3.
Oh darn, I forgot that was a thing as well. Are Intelligent Systems and Atlus really developing two crossover games at the same time?

Silly them, thinking that they can beat Game Freak at their own game. :awesome:

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'll need more than just a random saying to believe the game exists, simply a picture of some actual in-game footage will do at this rate, or artwork, something more than that simple teaser!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yeah, someone who works at Intelligent System is totally a "random". :laugh:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Yeah, someone who works at Intelligent System is totally a "random". :laugh:
I'm not doubting the source, but it doesn't really do much to believe the game is advancing on development. Apparently The Last Guardian is still in development, and well, we all know how that's going. It's obviously not as bad given it hasn't been that long, but when you don't hear anything about a game for too long you just lose interest and stop caring about it. Back when Layton vs Ace Attorney was announced, I was pretty pumped for it, but because it took so long to get any news on its localization, I just lost interest by the time we finally got a word on it. The game can take a while until it's released, but it'd be nice to get something more than "don't worry guys, the game still exists!"

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
They will say at the Direct, "We're still working on SMT x FE., but we can't show anything yet...still."

Seriously, I'll be mad if nothing of it is mentioned at the Direct.

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
They will say at the Direct, "We're still working on SMT x FE., but we can't show anything yet...still."

Seriously, I'll be mad if nothing of it is mentioned at the Direct.
For a long time FF15 had very few things shown....for years. granted there was footage and few photos but those had to go through several years before anything new poped up.

personally I'm not interested in FF15 though.

Hong

The Strongest
They cancelled SMTxFE in favour of EOxFE.

Come on, Atlus. Do it. :120:

D

Deleted member

I'm a bit curious on something.
Have any of you fought Master Core as Robin? Despite being one of my most played characters... I... haven't yet.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
My highest run with Robin so far was 8.5 intensity. I really should try to make that an even 9.0 one of these days.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
My highest run with Robin so far was 8.5 intensity. I really should try to make that an even 9.0 one of these days.
I'm at that same point as well. This was before I knew how to handle Master's forms effectively.

Also, I didn't know 9.0 is even.:troll:

Hong

The Strongest
Have any of you fought Master Core as Robin? Despite being one of my most played characters... I... haven't yet.
Yeah. My second run. AI is pretty predictable.

I find Robin to be awful at prolonged single-player modes, but she excels at the shorter challenges. This is because her inventory management isn't an issue in short sessions. For instance, my best record for the 10-Fighter was apparently set by Robin. To no one's surprise, she's great at All Star mode as well thanks to Nosferatu.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Highest beaten was 9.0 intensity, with Link :shades:

But that with Defence Equipment and customs on, so......I kind of cheated:(

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Highest intensity done is 9.0 with Lucina without customs. I cannot see myself doing the same with Robin because constantly getting weaker weapons and having no counter would make it a nightmare.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Highest intensity done is 9.0 with Lucina without customs. I cannot see myself doing the same with Robin because constantly getting weaker weapons and having no counter would make it a nightmare.
Same. Lucina (or anyone with a good Counter) is a beast in Classic Mode.
Apparently Ganondorf is good for Classic too, but he is still such a terrible character.

D

Deleted member

My highest was on Intensity 9 with no customs as Luigi.
Master Core is easy once you pick up his animations and attack patterns.
I attempted to do it again as Shulk and... I failed. :(

I find Robin to be awful at prolonged single-player modes, but she excels at the shorter challenges. This is because her inventory management isn't an issue in short sessions. For instance, my best record for the 10-Fighter was apparently set by Robin. To no one's surprise, she's great at All Star mode as well thanks to Nosferatu.
Makes sense. I can imagine that Robin has a more difficult time with Master Core and the 100-Man Smash challenges.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Apparently Ganondorf is good for Classic too, but he is still such a terrible character.
Ganon in Classic is a cheater.

I mean, Master Shadow commits suicide against him on 9.0.

:seuss:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I beat Master Core with her on 6.5. It's my current record.
I tried a heavily customed Ganonforf at 9.0 and that's the closest I've gotten to beating Master Core at 9.0 (Robin still has him beat score-wise because I quit when I lost since I had all the trophies for Classic and just wanted to beat it at 9.0).

Hong

The Strongest
Nintendo is making a gross profit this year. I hear a new marketing executive has employed a number of strategies to bring up that bottom line.

"Time to tip the sales!"

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Nintendo is making a gross profit this year. I hear a new marketing executive has employed a number of strategies to bring up that bottom line.

"Time to tip the sales!"
I don't know why, but I think that picture would make a great avatar for you.

Hong

The Strongest
I've had a history of following up my posts with the female Robin face. Not because of my preference, but because her expression just seems to be more "serious business".

"Yeah. That's right. A Charizard card... first edition. :4robinf:"

Not sure if anyone else has any experience with modelling, but :4robinm: has that face when you show up for a photoshoot and you don't know what it's for. I LOVE Robin, but the Robin♂ is pretty low-tier as far as SmashBoards emoticons go. I only use him when it's specific to the context of the character.

If :4robinf: found work as an upper executive, wouldn't surprise me if :4robinm: found work as a model.

"The scales have tipped? I need to watch my diet...:4robinm:"

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I take pride in being the only one here who uses :4robinm: and all the pronouns associated with him on a regular basis.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I'm glad the majority of this thread is part of the femRobin master race.
It's an unwritten rule that, whenever you get a choice on a character's gender, I will always go with femCharacter master race.

Having played as both Robins (though I haven't explored male Robin all the way yet), I still prefer femRobin. She just has a quirkiness to her in some of her supports. I picture her as sort of this mad genius type that's normally laid back and snarky, but once she gets an idea in her head the zany side shows.

I think the only SSB character where I DON'T default to the female is Bowser Jr. I started out using Wendy the most, but now I've grown to prefer Iggy.:4iggy:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's an unwritten rule that, whenever you get a choice on a character's gender, I will always go with femCharacter master race.
Having played as both Robins (though I haven't explored male Robin all the way yet), I still prefer femRobin. She just has a quirkiness to her in some of her supports. I picture her as sort of this mad genius type that's normally laid back and snarky, but once she gets an idea in her head the zany side shows.
I think the only SSB character where I DON'T default to the female is Bowser Jr. I started out using Wendy the most, but now I've grown to prefer Iggy.:4iggy:
I always use the female character in any game I play, ever. Doesn't matter what it is. Generally I prefer how they look and sound, and it's also usually inconsequential to the gameplay what gender I play.

The only exception is Phantasy Star Online, where I play the RAmar (since specific classes are associated with genders)

In Smash, though, I still always go female. Pink Villager is so cute <3

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
In this game:

:4robinf: > :4robinm:

And this is coming from someone who adores the male model(such as the one in my avatar(lol)). Her selling point is that great voice work.

:4robinf: forever~

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why, but I think that picture would make a great avatar for you.
But armored Hong is freaken Awesome!

I've had a history of following up my posts with the female Robin face. Not because of my preference, but because her expression just seems to be more "serious business".

"Yeah. That's right. A Charizard card... first edition. :4robinf:"

Not sure if anyone else has any experience with modelling, but :4robinm: has that face when you show up for a photoshoot and you don't know what it's for. I LOVE Robin, but the Robin♂ is pretty low-tier as far as SmashBoards emoticons go. I only use him when it's specific to the context of the character.

If :4robinf: found work as an upper executive, wouldn't surprise me if :4robinm: found work as a model.

"The scales have tipped? I need to watch my diet...:4robinm:"

Well I guess I need to use :4robinm: emoticon more.

Though know that I think about it, I can see you point.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I am about 99% genderblind in all faucets of life. The one exception is when it comes to armour. Well-crafted armour, modelled for the user, is contoured to the shape of the body. Thus, historically, we have literally been starved out of a ride range of body shapes. Every set of armour is a work of art, and thus, we have been deprived of a whole scope of variety.

As long as the armour is proper (no plate bikini, heels, dress armour, boob armour, etc.), my heavy-armour wearing characters are thus always female, when given the choice. Also, not always related to the above, but since I am something of a rampant feminist, if given the choice over who "saves the world", it is going to be a female character. Men have historically hogged the spotlight for several millennia not because of ability, but because of privilege and who is telling the story. It's time to butt out for a bit.:007:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman

Funny, I always choose male if there is an option and never or rarely female.
Hmmm, I wonder why

"Here I go!" :4robinf:

My absolutely favourite. :)
You should

"Prepare yourself":4robinm:

For :4robinm: awesomeness

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I've used male avatars for a long time now, but Fire Emblem Awakening was one of those games in which I outright preferred using the female character over the male. It wasn't because I disliked the male option, it was more on the fact that I was first introduced to the female gender of Robin during my speculation period for Fire Emblem Awakening. I gravitated over to her default design when I first saw it, because I thought she looked distinctive and attractive as a main character, whereas the default male Robin looked a little plain IMO.

I also really like Michelle Ruff as a VA, considering her roles as Yoko Litner in Gurren Lagann, Etna in Disgaea, and Yukari in Persona 3, so to see her play F!Robin was another bonus.

This continues to hold true in Smash, even though F!Robin is instead voiced by Lauren Landa. I use the female Wii Fit Trainer much more often than the male, but as for Villager, I prefer using the male default instead. The default Villager was, coincidentally enough, the design that was generated for my character in Animal Crossing for the Gamecube, so of course I was going to stick with that look in the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom