• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Anyway, I'm discussing the Special Edition shortage problem with my friend and he absolutely abhors GameStop, so there's no way for him to get the preorder bonuses or anything.
I thought the Special Edition shortage problem was because GameStop accidentally opened up preorders for it and people that missed out on the previous preorder runs jumped to that one. GameStop found out and had to cancel all those new preorders.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Umm, what?

Did you mean to say, "That 'girl' isn't dying?" If so, then the answer is no she isn't dying.

What Izayoi Izayoi said. Basically, she was eating a muffin and got surprised so she started choking.
I really hate auto correct...but yeah I meant the girl, and she looks like she's dying from all the partying

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Errrr, am I screwed then? I preordered a Fates bundle from Gamestop, not the Special Edition but a cheaper bundle that includes 3 free keychains and I've heard horror stories of people preordering stuff from them but their order gets cancelled or whatever. I don't want to waste almost $70...
I mean, I'm pretty sure they have to reimburse you if anything happens. But the sole fact that they actually do crap like that is one of the reasons my friend abhors them.
Hopefully nothing happens on your end.

I thought the Special Edition shortage problem was because GameStop accidentally opened up preorders for it and people that missed out on the previous preorder runs jumped to that one. GameStop found out and had to cancel all those new preorders.
Well, regardless. I'm darn sure the shortage won't be just during the pre-order phase of things.
The supply vs. demand conflict will definitely be amiibo-like. Except there won't even be oversea alternatives. (iirc Japan's Special Edition has been sold out looooong ago.)

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Well I just beat chapter 27 in FE 7 and this time no one died.
I also got to finally promote Eliwood, but sadly I never got him to level 20 because he basically was too weak to defeat most of the enemies.
I also gave Nino a lot of exp. and recruited Vaida.
I also have a few questions.
What happens when Merlinus reaches level 20?
And should I consider using Vaida? Thanks in advance!
Merlinus promotes at level 20, and gains a horse and cart, allowing him to move 5 spaces.

Vaida's one of the better late-game pre-promotes. If you have a spare slot or a weak unit you want to replace, she's a good pick, otherwise you won't need her.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
http://www.twitch.tv/omnesports/v/34538553

Took a chance and decided to attend a 1K monthly in Kansas on a whim this morning. Came out on top in the process too, so I'm really excited about that.

Also got the test out the Occulus Rift. You will feel inebriated as holy hell after using it because your sense of perception falls way out of whack.

Good day today.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

TR-8R is best Stormtrooper! The loyalty is strong with this one!

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Oh, is it TR-8R time?

(Still haven't seen Force Awakens yet :cry:)

Although Kotor Kotor you might not wanna put THAT many gifs in a single post.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Official Star Wars Nerd Backroom Tier List of Badassery:

SSS
TR-8R

SS
Darth Vader
Han Solo

S
Luke Skywalker
Leia
Droids

A
The rest main cast of the originals and TFA cast
A hand selected few from the Jedi Council in the prequels

B
Lando Calrissian

Chump
Boba Fett

Literal Trash
Captain Phasma
All the unneccessary CGi characters added in every subsequent release of the Star Wars films

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

TR-8R is best Stormtrooper! The loyalty is strong with this one!
I was half expecting a FE: Fates one of these from you, Kotor. You dissappoint me.

Still, props for including Nines.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Traitor? Traitor... *executes Octaslash on nearby traitor* You will pay.

Last edited:

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Well I didn't get out of pools but I won a couple of the matches there, and took 2 stocks off one of the best Sheik players in the UK. The most enlightening smash experience I've ever had though, competition was furious, and everyone was really nice and gave me great advice. Definitely a very challenging tournament. Griffith from France and Ixis grand finals was an amazing match to watch as well.

It was lovely to meet you btw @Matsushi and good games! Hope my Robin becomes as good as yours soon (and hopefully better ;) always wanting to rise above after all! :p )

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
aaa thank! I actually really like this picture since it shows both kai ni yuudachi and regular yuudachi!

Also, fun fact the in game tag I usually use is Poi so 8^)
I remember not caring about Poidachi but then the anime happened and also this happened too.

Now Poidachi is my 2nd Favorite shipfu.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I remember not caring about Poidachi but then the anime happened and also this happened too.

Now Poidachi is my 2nd Favorite shipfu.
she's EXTREMELY good game wise with the highest firepower stat among destroyers (its actually close to the firepower of an un-upgraded heavy cruiser, I think).

She's also really cute so that's a bonus.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
she's EXTREMELY good game wise with the highest firepower stat among destroyers (its actually close to the firepower of an un-upgraded heavy cruiser, I think).

She's also really cute so that's a bonus.
I don't actually play the game...I just appreciate her character. I usually do not like characters with verbal ticks but "Poi" is an exception.

Also, I had a "POI~" tag early on during Sm4sh's lifetime so ye, hi5!

Yaki

NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I don't actually play the game...I just appreciate her character. I usually do not like characters with verbal ticks but "Poi" is an exception.

Also, I had a "POI~" tag early on during Sm4sh's lifetime so ye, hi5!
Its suprisingly easy to get registered for now. Plus some of the mechanices (minus the rhythm and some other stuff) are close to the Love-Live app so if you did want to you'd probably be right at home.

its heavily rng based tho so its not for everyone

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Its suprisingly easy to get registered for now. Plus some of the mechanices (minus the rhythm and some other stuff) are close to the Love-Live app so if you did want to you'd probably be right at home.

its heavily rng based tho so its not for everyone
Did they change the registration setup? I thought you needed to like, wait in line or something to get an account?
Meh, a lot of games I play are super RNG based anyway.

Yaki

NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Did they change the registration setup? I thought you needed to like, wait in line or something to get an account?
Meh, a lot of games I play are super RNG based anyway.
Its open registration now. If the server has room and you connect to it with a Japanese IP or Cookie and your clock set to JST (temporarily of course), you're in.

I can totally attempt to register for you when I get back home if you want.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Yo Izayoi Izayoi , we should fight sometime today
I would but I'm going to @Rinku リンク 's house today to force feed Love Live concerts to his sister so she converts into one of us. But after we're done we'll definitely play Sm4sh though so maybe we can fool around later online?

Its open registration now. If the server has room and you connect to it with a Japanese IP or Cookie and your clock set to JST (temporarily of course), you're in.

I can totally attempt to register for you when I get back home if you want.
That would be really kind of you, but at the moment I'd rather not play Kancolle since...well, my time is mostly being taken away by school and lolsocializing and I really need to get my schedule together.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would but I'm going to @Rinku リンク 's house today to force feed Love Live concerts to his sister so she converts into one of us. But after we're done we'll definitely play Sm4sh though so maybe we can fool around later online?
That's cool.

I keep forgetting you're his brother, lol

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
That's cool.

I keep forgetting you're his brother, lol
That's because we aren't truly related by blood, but my relationship with him and his sister are sibling-like.

Well...we ARE related by blood if you look maybe 3000 years or so back...maybe.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
Well I didn't get out of pools but I won a couple of the matches there, and took 2 stocks off one of the best Sheik players in the UK. The most enlightening smash experience I've ever had though, competition was furious, and everyone was really nice and gave me great advice. Definitely a very challenging tournament. Griffith from France and Ixis grand finals was an amazing match to watch as well.

It was lovely to meet you btw @Matsushi and good games! Hope my Robin becomes as good as yours soon (and hopefully better ;) always wanting to rise above after all! :p )
hey! congrats! sounds like you did really well for your first national and enjoyed it a lot :D i caught a bit of it on stream (unfortunately I didn't see any of yours or @Matsushi 's matches v_v), and yeah the competition looked reaaally tough. got me excited for my next tournament though, whenever that is!

Last edited:

Yaki

NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
That would be really kind of you, but at the moment I'd rather not play Kancolle since...well, my time is mostly being taken away by school and lolsocializing and I really need to get my schedule together.
Honestly you could totally play it even if your busy, since non event gameplay is literally "waiting: the game".

I usually play it if I'm waiting for stuff in other games.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nickelodeon just promoted a Season 4 Ninja Turtles episode...with a Season 2 commercial...wot

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Honestly you could totally play it even if your busy, since non event gameplay is literally "waiting: the game".

Yeah, having the account and the game itself doesn't do any harm, I guess.
And I feel bad for not being familiar with the in-game terms so I can at least discuss them with die-hard Kancolle fans.

Yaki

NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Yeah, having the account and the game itself doesn't do any harm, I guess.
And I feel bad for not being familiar with the in-game terms so I can at least discuss them with die-hard Kancolle fans.
Its pretty fun despite all the stares Kotor Kotor gives me for playing it. I'm gonna totally buy him a DIO Bodypillow out of revenge tho :^)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

*cough*Clash of Clans and many more*cough*

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
hey! congrats! sounds like you did really well for your first national and enjoyed it a lot :D i caught a bit of it on stream (unfortunately I didn't see any of yours or @Matsushi 's matches v_v), and yeah the competition looked reaaally tough. got me excited for my next tournament though, whenever that is!
Well only pro's got streamed, though Matsu got to bracket. I think she should have been streamed at least mhmm....

and good luck for whatever tournament you go to next! :)

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Its pretty fun despite all the stares Kotor Kotor gives me for playing it. I'm gonna totally buy him a DIO Bodypillow out of revenge tho :^)
Mind guiding me through with the game later this week?

pfft. Dio bodypillow AND pin-up posters.

Well only pro's got streamed, though Matsu got to bracket. I think she should have been streamed at least mhmm....

and good luck for whatever tournament you go to next! :)
I was honestly watching the stream and looking out for you two and I was disappointed I didn't get to see either of you.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
NICKELODEON ****ING DID IT AGAIN!

Get lazy with SpongeBob only, not The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(Timmy Turner is dead)

Last edited:
Top Bottom