• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Weeeh.
;-;

Oh well, PSO is a good series. I'm not usually into sci-fi but it's a series that helped me get comfortable with it.
Then again it's just my inner weeb.
You should play Phantasy Star Generation on PS2. You can emulate it easily too. They're remakes of the original and a great way to play those ones. Highly recommended series.

DialNouns

Smash Cadet
NNID
NiallDownes95
No.
You're three steps ahead.
You left it there to specifically not go through the hassle of packing it up.
And once you're back to college, you get to instantly play!
Genius!
You saw through my cunning ruse.
Truly you are a master tactician.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Got that drunk eh?

But ooh you play PSO too
I do. But not online ironically lmao! Was playing offline with my irl friend. Only downside is that you can't get quests when you play multiplayer offline. Kind of annoying. Would love to get PSO2 at some point actually.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I do. But not online ironically lmao! Was playing offline with my irl friend. Only downside is that you can't get quests when you play multiplayer offline. Kind of annoying. Would love to get PSO2 at some point actually.
PSO2 is a really good game. There's no real Pay2Win for a F2P MMO.

Nah

Smash Champion
I've never played PSO online either in my ~12 years of it lol

And I'd love to get PSO2 but Sega is being a butt and still has yet to release it in North America despite promises eons ago that they would :glare:

that and idk if my computer can even handle it

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Ooooh, Phantasy Star Online talk? I've only played Universe and and the two portable games (for the PSP), but I still love them!

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I've never played PSO online either in my ~12 years of it lol

And I'd love to get PSO2 but Sega is being a butt and still has yet to release it in North America despite promises eons ago that they would :glare:

that and idk if my computer can even handle it
They'll NEVER bring it to NA at this point. Official English version is PSO2 SEA... or be like everyone who couldn't wait and play PSO2 JP with a fanmade proxy that also comes with translation patches. It's against ToS but SEGA hasn't done anything to the English playerbase that uses that proxy because we're harmless.
But the Japanese playerbase does fear us because there's this notorious person that always specifically targets Phantasy Star Online games and hacks their servers. (Which is also a reason why SEGA doesn't want to bring the game to NA.)

Ooooh, Phantasy Star Online talk? I've only played Universe and and the two portable games (for the PSP), but I still love them!
I played PSP2, and that's the game that got me into the series. :D

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I didn't really mind. My name was always the hardest to tag since I 1st joined XD.

Nostalgic! .
Can we talk about the fact that one of those guys is like 9 feet tall and nobody seems to care?

Also happy New Year, folks!

I had like 20 people at my house. Lots of Smash and drunken Mario Party 2 & Nintendoland was had.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Can we talk about the fact that one of those guys is like 9 feet tall and nobody seems to care?

I had like 20 people at my house. Lots of Smash and drunken Mario Party 2 & Nintendoland was had.
I haven't played Nintendoland in forever. Whenever people are over at my house we always end up playing Pikmin 3, and whoever isn't playing just watches whoever is.
Not that I dislike playing Pikmin 3 over Nintendoland, but I wish there were more opportunities to show off my octopus dancing skills. :073:

AC NuBurs

Defence Bowser
NNID
ACNuBurs

Hes probably the only character in pokemon to be older than 10, everyone else is still child sized.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
HEY GUYS LOOK! Shovel Knight is coming to Superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Mario Maker. :p

Screen shot 2016-01-01 at 4.53.20 PM.png

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
upload_2016-1-1_16-38-28.png

Like I said before, it's sad how badly Nino is treated by her own mother.

Also in that chapter I got to recruit her and I got to promote Canas.
upload_2016-1-1_16-46-44.png

Another thing that happened in that chapter was that Gietz avoided being killed by Ursula when she used a Bolting.
I also can't get over the fact that the game basically says "A boots was pilfered" when the thief takes the boots.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Oh, a monster by the lake! Surely it's not safe to be anywhere near it.

It's been drinking the water all day...the thirst is real.

...hm? It's a really high level?! And i'm AN INTERCEPTOR. My job is to kill these wretched beasts, but how will I do that...? By posing for my tacties of course!
WIN_20160101_16_57_14_Pro.jpg
Oh, it's still drinking......

y u no notice me dinosaur?! ;_;

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Happy New Year fellow tacticians! Here's to another year full of :4robinm: shenanigans.

And whatever you weirdos do when I'm not lurking about.:emptysheep:

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
As tempting as Xenoblade Chronicles X is... It took me a year and a half to beat the original XC and I'm not ready for that kind of commitment again. The gameplay just doesn't really invest me that much I guess.

That being said, it looks like a really wonderful game otherwise. They have so many cool additions that make me want to buy the game like having a customizable character as well as the whole skell system. Not to mention the amazing soundtrack the game has. It's pretty difficult to not cave in and just buy it, but I really don't want to spend another year playing a game that I might only be half invested in. Maybe I'll just settle with listening to the OST on Youtube...

Nah

Smash Champion
Pokemon's always been so weird about sizes. :4charizard: is listed in the PokeDex as 5ft7/1.7m, which is an inch shorter than I am, but you'd think it'd be bigger and it tends to look bigger than that in the anime and the games and stuff.

drunken Mario Party 2 & Nintendoland was had.
....remind me to do that sometime

...hm? It's a really high level?! And i'm AN INTERCEPTOR. My job is to kill these wretched beasts, but how will I do that...? By posing for my tacties of course! View attachment 90397Oh, it's still drinking......

I'm sure if you shoot it dinosaur-senpai will notice you.

Really though I'm glad that a lot of the creatures aren't out to get you. I'm an Interceptor too, and yeah it's our job to kill **** but there's a lot of strong indigens out there ;-;

DialNouns

Smash Cadet
NNID
NiallDownes95
Pretty much since smash 4 came out, I've been struggling to find a character that stayed interesting to me after more than a day or two. It was hard for me to enjoy it as much as the other smash games because I had no motivation to put time into any single character. This basically led to me putting Smash 4 below Melee/PM in my priorities.

However, I hate being bad at any smash game, and I didn't want to be just "okay" either.
Whenever I like anything competitive, I always want to be the best. I've also wanted to prove to certain people that I'm not carried by my Rosaluma. I started maining Robin a week ago as a joke/experiment and I've never enjoyed the game as much as I do now.
I have no idea why I didn't play the character earlier, seeing as I loved Awakening so much.
I've made a New Year's resolution of sorts to put time and effort into Robin, and I want to push the character as far as I can.
In Melee and PM, I'm ranked #1 in my very small region, compared to #5 in Smash 4. (Below Wintropy Wintropy and that damn Pit :4pit:)
I'd rather not settle for 5th best.
I know that with Robin I can get to #1, provided I put in the time and effort. After that, I want to make the national PR.

My Robin's first outing will be this time next week, at my second "real" tournament. I don't expect to make waves after only a week of work but I'm going to do my best and learn as much as I can from my losses. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Below Wintropy Wintropy and his damn Pit :4pit:)
You love me really though~ ;3

If anybody's wondering why Dial uses "he" to refer to me, it's 'cos he was initially one of my brother's best friends before I started hanging out with him. While I kinda prefer female pronouns, I'm okay with male too, and it's easier for Dial to just say "he" when referring to me, since it's a catch-all for both my brother and myself.

Wintropy Wintropy you're on a PR?
Just a small local PR, we mostly made it to determine which of us would be best to sponsor for extra-regional events. I'm not a national ranked player if that's what you're asking.

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Happy New Years everyone. Hope you all had an awesome one. I hung out with Izayoi Izayoi and another close friend of mine playing Smash "Journey" till about 2 A.M lol.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

...hm? It's a really high level?! And i'm AN INTERCEPTOR. My job is to kill these wretched beasts, but how will I do that...? By posing for my tacties of course! View attachment 90397Oh, it's still drinking......

For a monster that size, can you blame it? We should be fortunate that this planet seems to have an infinite supply of water.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Last edited:
Top Bottom