• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah solo popo is pretty bad.

the only reason you see people playing good with solo popo.... is because it's no different from being good with a low tier character.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
its true SoPo is pretty bad. its like playing a super defensive, cautious, nerfed normal IC play style. with a twist if you will.

but i'd like to point out that this is yet another topic for the General IC Chat thread :)

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
its strange actually.

people tell me a lot at tourneys that my single climber game is a lot better and nana holds me back.

Im trying to figure out what i do thats different so i can do it with two instead of one :)

I think my mindgames increase because i feel like i have more control and can focus on just on character, instead of two.

anyway. single popo for high tier ;)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
its strange actually.

people tell me a lot at tourneys that my single climber game is a lot better and nana holds me back.

Im trying to figure out what i do thats different so i can do it with two instead of one :)

I think my mindgames increase because i feel like i have more control and can focus on just on character, instead of two.

anyway. single popo for high tier ;)
more than likely they are just seeing your sopo as 'unexpectedly good.' many times, people just sort of expect popo to be an easy kill once nana is dead, which is far from the truth.

if nana is holding you back, there's probably a reason for it. sometimes, when people hit nana, i am very eager to defend her and dodge the opponent's attacks just so i could resynch. but offense is also a great defense: it is okay to keep attacking the opponent (ESPECIALLY if your popo is good) so nana can return to you on her own.

it is also true that popo's mobility is no longer hindered by trying to stay synched... you guys should see my IC's wavelanding skillz lol, i am everywhere.

but like i said, it's like being good with a low tier character, that's all

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
i usually do keep attack lolz

and i only really desynch when i do it on purpose. Im not worried about staying synched. but when it does happen(from an opponents attack) and usually attack and make sure they dont try to take out nana.

and yeah. i got mad nice wavelanding skillz too :)

Zjiin

Smash Master
When i play Sopo, i go into berserk mode and it freaks people out who don't expect it. Nair-jab-grab is a great start to your sopo combo game.

and lol @ people who think it's over when nana is dead.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
My Popo is dumb as hell (I play as Nana due to colour). So I'm used to playing with one a lot, you just need to get used to recovery techniques and solo combos without using many grabs. Middle-range tier. Psy.

Zjiin

Smash Master
My Popo is dumb as hell (I play as Nana due to colour). So I'm used to playing with one a lot, you just need to get used to recovery techniques and solo combos without using many grabs. Middle-range tier. Psy.
Epic Fail. I don't even know where to start correcting this, lol.

Pookiez

Smash Apprentice
pookiez...how did you come up with your name???

i call my girlfriend pookie ^_^ lol.

great minds thing a like!
It's my old wow name. I made a gnome lock w/ pink hair... funny enough i had the best lock in the server so people were actually afraid of a pink haired gnome named pookiez.

Genuine

Smash Apprentice
Yea SoPo is low tier with insane mindgames. The mindgames you are capable with SoPo is amzing. No one expects the speed that sopo can acheive and it instills fear into your opponents heart.

Smash Master
Erm lets see, disjointed hitbox. KO bair. Fast, powerful d-smash. Sheik-like Down throw. Poor Recovery. He's probably at the bottom of Mid tier.

Top Bottom