• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Smash Journeyman
IC's are scary as **** yes, but the movement glitch REALLY sucks lol. They can't turn around. Some of their most important tools in like every match-up are wavedash -> turn around jab which leads into dsmash or grab and that option is just completely gone because of the glitch. They also are really scary to play as on the edge, because turning around to get away from it can just fling nana to her death so you need to commit to an action like jumping/rolling/wd etc to get away from the ledge, which can really suck when you are being pressured. If you are really good at playing around the glitch though they can be super good yeah, they have a ton of great options that weren't really available to them in melee that people don't really understand yet. I've only gone 100% ics at two tournaments (my last two) and got 2nd/5th(regional size). I do feel like I lost my matches because of the glitch but I don't john about it haha I am just waiting for 3.5 to start showcasing their stuff.

This is a really good point. Not only this though, the melee IC's god would also need to have played brawl because otherwise they aren't going to have any idea how to optimally play with nana and a lot of desync that are now available to them, as well as the other stuff you mentioned. I have played IC's without the glitch against a lot of good players (Sethlon/StrongBad/Metroid/Ripple) etc though and I feel like they don't underrate IC's as much as others.

This is the problem, your exact mindset about the character. This just tells me you haven't put time into PM IC's. They are very different from melee, not necessarily worse or better. They certainly have better neutral options, edgeguarding, recovery and punishes in this game than in melee aside from wobbling, and the have more options against floaty characters as well in their up-b/squall being used offensively. IC's will always break the rules because there are two of them, which leads to very fundamental differences from the rest of the cast. This doesn't mean they need broken aspects like infinites to be able to compete. If you've kept track of IC's development at all you've notice I've hardly given them any buffs at all(since I started suggesting changes for them), the main one I gave them being up-b as a kill move at high %'s. Despite everyone putting IC's at bottom tier there have been very little changes to the character, I've mainly been focused on working with the coders to get their ledge hand-offs just like melee and to work properly and to remove various infinites/bugs. I really don't think they need buffs at all, they just need to be flushed out as a character and have more than one or two good players pick them up to develop things. The amount I know about PM IC's is unrivaled I'm pretty sure, but there are certainly better players than myself that could put the knowledge to better use. For example, IC's actually have a lot of really good tools against Peach in PM that they didn't at all in melee. They have a lot of good tools against spacies, etc. They still have really hard match-ups with a lot of of characters (Falcon/Peach/TL) but overall I think those match-ups except maybe TL are winnable. Maybe I'm wrong and they just suck without broken aspects but I'd at least like to make a splash or attempt to before deciding that. I already know how I do against national level players with IC's, I don't think I'm just speculating completely. I just need to prove it to other people. The character is good.
I'm going to start by saying I don't think ICs are "bad", but I certainly think they are outclassed by a lot of the top tier characters. You said that a Melee ICs player would have to play the character in Brawl to do well with PM ICs. That seems really absurd, given how few people played them in Brawl, and that competitive Brawl is all but dead at this point. If you made the same statement, but replaced ICs, with a character like Falco, or Marth, people would be coming at you with pitchforks.

After watching a lot of PM ICs, I don't really see how they have better options for anything except for Up-B KOs than they did in Melee. I agree that they don't need infinites to be good. Fly Amanita rarely wobbles and he does very well with ICs in Melee, so I feel comfortable saying they can be good without them, but I do think that they need some sort of compensation for removing what was arguably the strongest punish in the game.

I'm getting tired of everyone talking about the "potential" of the character. I could say that Bowser is potentially the best character in the game, but nobody can read hard enough to play him to his maximum potential. There is always an argument that a character is good, but isn't being played well enough to prove it, but Project M has been around for a while now, and the fact that no ICs players have done very well above a regional level should be an indicator that perhaps the character needs some changes.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I mean, Melee players would have had to play brawl to do well with them immediately, of course a good player would have the capacity to learn over time. A lot of people played them in brawl, their meta was extremely developed. You act as if they have no compensation at all for the removal of wobbling...their hitboxes are better, I made sure we fixed interpolation problems on their upsmash and fsmash, they have new desynchs and chaingrabs, they have much better edgeguarding, and much better recovery, and possibly the biggest compensation of all..nana is 5 million times smarter than she is in melee. This is a tremendous help to them in many many match-ups, I certainly don't think they just need a straight up compensation for wobbling being removed, and I'm not going to add in an infinite to replace it.

Smash Journeyman
I mean, Melee players would have had to play brawl to do well with them immediately, of course a good player would have the capacity to learn over time. A lot of people played them in brawl, their meta was extremely developed. You act as if they have no compensation at all for the removal of wobbling...their hitboxes are better, I made sure we fixed interpolation problems on their upsmash and fsmash, they have new desynchs and chaingrabs, they have much better edgeguarding, and much better recovery, and possibly the biggest compensation of all..nana is 5 million times smarter than she is in melee. This is a tremendous help to them in many many match-ups, I certainly don't think they just need a straight up compensation for wobbling being removed, and I'm not going to add in an infinite to replace it.
I agree on the hitboxes, but there were desyncs and chaingrabs that were removed, as well as added, so that isn't a straight buff to the character. I feel like Nana is supposed to be smarter, but doesn't always function that way. Sometimes she can save herself by using side-B to get back to the stage, but I've also seen many instances of Nana dying because she used Up-B, or mimicked an input from far away, where Melee Nana would have been able to recover simply by jumping to the stage, or being saved by up-B.

I never said ICs should have an infinite, and I would be satisfied if there was a way to make PM ICs identical to Melee, minus wobbling and freeze glitching.

Last edited:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If there is a situation where melee nana would have recovered but PM nana does not it's probably 99% of the time your fault for not understanding her recovery mechanics well enough. 99.9% of the time she is going to recover wayyyyy better than melee nana, who generally just falls to her death when anything at all happens to her.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I actually mentioned this in the social thread: fly amanita had a comeback going vs. leffen only ~a week ago, then nana's AI just decided she didn't want to grab the ledge and then fly lost because of it, before going on to get inevitably wrecked by macd's peach

that is probably the one true reason ICs have such a problem in melee. so many variables with the AI controlled IC that can go wrong

Smash Journeyman
I actually mentioned this in the social thread: fly amanita had a comeback going vs. leffen only ~a week ago, then nana's AI just decided she didn't want to grab the ledge and then fly lost because of it, before going on to get inevitably wrecked by macd's peach

that is probably the one true reason ICs have such a problem in melee. so many variables with the AI controlled IC that can go wrong
If your talking about his last stock in game 5 at INY, that had nothing to do with the AI. Nana was on the ledge, then Fly did an Up-B to get her off the ledge and allow him to recover.

If there is a situation where melee nana would have recovered but PM nana does not it's probably 99% of the time your fault for not understanding her recovery mechanics well enough. 99.9% of the time she is going to recover wayyyyy better than melee nana, who generally just falls to her death when anything at all happens to her.
Even so, that limits a lot of options when Nana is off-stage. Maybe she recovers better, but that also leaves you without many options because she might die if you try to fight your opponent, or even wavedash.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
So really 3.6 when; Visuals are cool, and all, but besides Olimar's Up B, IC Bug Fix, and no other Major changes to speak of, it's just dragging on because so many If and When statements vs. info that may or may not be different as of next version makes this thread just die out in spikes.

Player -0

Smash Hero
To be honest two of those were from delayed input transfer to Nana from Popo causing a Nair or Dair and leaving her dead. Best option would be to make it so Nana can't input aerials by herself if she's not above the stage.

Third is due to Nana AI recognizing that Popo had landed safely so she tried to recover to the stage. This would have happened on no other stage except maybe SV, where this problem wouldn't really happen.

The fourth is due to the turnaround glitch.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I mean..it's pretty much impossible to program perfect AI, or incredibly hard. Everything she does in these makes sense, as in you know why it happened. It's way WAYYY better than melee. In most of my matches she does nothing I couldn't have prevented with better play or more awareness.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
I mean..it's pretty much impossible to program perfect AI, or incredibly hard. Everything she does in these makes sense, as in you know why it happened. It's way WAYYY better than melee. In most of my matches she does nothing I couldn't have prevented with better play or more awareness.
Idk about that; Dumb as they Can be at times, Fox and Falco's AI came out really well. I'm beyond conditioned to DI Running USmash now thanks to that TOO REAL Fox.

Unforutnately I believe Nana is incapable of Running USmash, so she may be out of luck.

Life

Smash Hero
I have legitimately dropped games while tryharding against level 9 Fox. The usmash timing is beyond belief.

This is, of course, irrelevant to Fox's tier placement, speaking more to the ability of the AI to land accurate usmashes.

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
Best option would be to make it so Nana can't input aerials by herself if she's not above the stage.
These sort of changes are all I'm really advocating for. In Melee, Popo and Nana being separated almost always requires your opponent to commit to one of the climbers, and both options have pros and cons. Nana in PM often forces you to commit to Her and removes the decision from your opponent.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Just look at Ripple with D3: he does phenomenal with the character, has exposure to a lot of the country, and 95% of the population probably has no clue what the real D3 MU's are.
This includes other d3 mains sadly. You should see the Skype group discussion on MUs. People saying we lose to Zelda, samus, link, and Roy. It's awful

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
I have legitimately dropped games while tryharding against level 9 Fox. The usmash timing is beyond belief.

This is, of course, irrelevant to Fox's tier placement, speaking more to the ability of the AI to land accurate usmashes.
I know that feeling... It is hard with characters that can't grab him for it because of the shield pushback. I should start using shield SDI.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
This is true but by the time I am done with this he already has his shield up. My intuition for when the shieldstun is over is pretty bad I think, there are timings with which it is punishable, obviously.

Smash Journeyman
This includes other d3 mains sadly. You should see the Skype group discussion on MUs. People saying we lose to Zelda, samus, link, and Roy. It's awful
ICs don't even have enough active players for a Skype group. I really wish we could get one going so people could tell me I'm wrong through Skype chat instead of making a fool of myself on the forums.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I'm ICs-curious, but who am I kidding, Bowser is too tech-intensive to allow any secondaries. :happysheep:

Pit may be better than I thought, but arrows still feel really pointless most of the time. I know they do more hitstun at short range and higher %, but it still rarely feels like enough. What am I missing?

Player -0

Smash Hero
Pit is super fun. Pretty much don't use them <75%. You can sneak in an arrow after a chain or as a popshot but positioning is better 60% of the time.

They were nerfed quite a bit for hitstun and damage in 3.02 -> 3.5.

I made a post a bit back with what I want for changes to Pit. Up-Smash is almost literally his best move.

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Pit is super fun. Pretty much don't use them <75%. You can sneak in an arrow after a chain or as a popshot but positioning is better 60% of the time.

They were nerfed quite a bit for hitstun and damage in 3.02 -> 3.5.

I made a post a bit back with what I want for changes to Pit. Up-Smash is almost literally his best move.
Whenever I play Pit I get so ****ing mad at him. Especially the jumps.

Like why the **** does the first one toss you up so high that using it to cover platforms becomes impossible/impractical?

Why the **** does his last jump, the one you can use out of glide, do absolutely nothing heightwise?

Why the **** is the ledge grab box on up-b attached to his ****ing ****?

What the **** is the idea of the glide attack?

****ing d-tilt. Actually all his ****ing grounded moves bar grab, u-smash and u-tilt.

(I know nothing please someone prove me wrong.)

In the end I'd still love to play him. When I get him to work he feels like the secret love child of Marth and Sheik. But that's so rare ;_;

Player -0

Smash Hero
- I think the jumps are completely fine, all multi-jump users have their strength decay progressively. Having the last jump be the one out of glide was a poor decision in my opinion though, it's really ehhhhhhh.
- I don't have too much trouble with sweetspots, practice I guess?
- Glide attack has a tad different trajectory and stuff, you shouldn't really be using glide much imo though.
- Usable Grounded Moves: Jab, F-Tilt, D-Smash, Up-tilt (situational, it's not that great), F-Smash (situational too, don't even try to link the second hit with the first one though lmao. IASA was moved up afaik though so you can F-Smash 1 -> Up-Smash), Up-Smash (lolit'sgood), dash attack. Staple ground moves are pretty much Jab, D-Smash, Dash Attack, Up-Smash, and more situationally F-Tilt. of course grab lol.

Grab is amazing, D-Throw tech chases, regrabs, dash attacks, or D-Smashes ftw. At low percent regrab if they DI in, dash attack or tech chase if they DI out (or regrab if they're one of THOSE characters). Medium percents Dair is awesome. High percent D-Smash or Fair/Bair.

Pretty much just go with the flow though lol.

Rachman

be water my friend
So I've been fooling around more and more with PM and, while there aren't really strong representatives in the nearby area, R.O.B. and Lucario seem incredibly strong, with Lucario seeming like a borderline 3.02 character with some of the stuff he can do. And they certainly aren't the only ones who seem comparably strong. Am I missing something here because from what I can tell Wolf and Fox (mostly talking about Fox) don't really seem like all that extraordinary yet they're consistently rated at the top of the cast. Wolf's combo game is crazy but comes with severe flaws and Fox IS still Fox but definitely doesn't stand out from the top 5 or debatably even top 10. . Anyways, does anyone care to tell me where this notion that spacies are still broken comes from? Because Fox definitely has more than a few losing MUs in this game (strangely I think he has a decent advantage on Marth now but that's a different story). Is it because when players who are significantly better than the PM players come from melee they win with Fox? Because even Westballz got like 9th at the PM national, M2K lost to Ally (Ike is broken though amirite), the only thing I've really seen from the unarguably best represented and most developed character is Armada beating Ally iirc and Lucky winning a Texas local. I lurk some and everyone is always complaining about Fox like every other page but....why? From a purely balance perspective he's really good but what kind of results has he had in 3.5 to warrant such an opinion on him.

I apologize for the rant but much of the online PM community (the actual people who I've played with from all over FL are awesome) seem like the dude at my local smashfest who says I won because Fox is broken and dismisses my offers to MM with half of the cast. I realize this may seem incredibly condescending and rude but I just don't understand and I feel like I must be missing something. Fox is dumb, poorly designed, and in many ways lacks flaws where they should probably exist but I don't see him as this incredible character deserving of his own tier. I joined a few PM Skype chats and half the chat was complaining about Fox.

/rant

Side note: if PM DK really is bottom tier like everyone has said then this game is incredibly well balanced because PM DK is godlike. More curious about how people view him than anything else since the DK forum seems kinda dead.

Last edited:

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Rant:

My friend solo mains DK and fills me with salt.

I think he has a lot of jank, like 3.02 style jank, people just don't really know to what degree.

His recovery is stupid. Today I got hit by it 4 times as he went past me and I took 29%. I kid you not. I'm all for it being disruptive af and have good distance and not a gimme to consistently read, but each hit could do half as much damage and it would be just as effective.

The punch has very little cooldown, for a crazy strong fast move with intang it seems like it would fall under the umbrella of 'moves you can actually punish' but I guess not.

Hand Slap is ridiculous. The amount of hitstun on it makes followups essentially free. And the area covered is enormous. You can use it on reaction if people roll through you, and it will still catch them. It straight up covers 3 out of 4 tech options.

Cargo throw has guaranteed combos, like guaranteed, on spacies at any % past 10. The only way to get out of Cargo Uthrow > Usmash is to trick your opponent with DI, but you can react to DI and still get the Usmash. It kills if you get grabbed at 110%, because it's pummel pummel pummel upthrow upsmash. There's a very big difference between a guaranteed kill setup from a grab and a kill throw. But spacies are too good so this kinda evens out.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that the mash counter resets during the transition from grab to Cargo. So he grabs you, gets pummels, then puts you on his back and gets more time to reposition himself.

/rant

This is just a buildup of 4 months primarily playing against the character.

I don't like DK.

But you're right, him being constantly rated low tier and still being this salt-inducing is sort of a testament to balance.

Last edited:

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I MM'ed the only good DDD player (who is much better than I am) in our region a week ago and played Ivy. I did decently vs him until I was knocked offstage... fair covers everything Ivy can do. It was almost depressing.

Ivy beats DDD though, I think we can all agree.

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Cargo throw has guaranteed combos, like guaranteed, on spacies at any % past 10. The only way to get out of Cargo Uthrow > Usmash is to trick your opponent with DI, but you can react to DI and still get the Usmash. It kills if you get grabbed at 110%, because it's pummel pummel pummel upthrow upsmash. There's a very big difference between a guaranteed kill setup from a grab and a kill throw. But spacies are too good so this kinda evens out.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that the mash counter resets during the transition from grab to Cargo. So he grabs you, gets pummels, then puts you on his back and gets more time to reposition himself.
I can't really speak to the other bullet points but as far as the cargo combos go, punishment is DK's entire game. If he didn't have strong throw combos he wouldn't really have anything else and he fits the role that PMDT wanted him to be which is the grappler. I get it's annoying, but keep in mind he's huge so he's comboed super easy on the other end as well.

And yes the mash counter definitely resets when you go into cargo, just another thing to help him out a bit.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
DDD is anti-meta if there ever was an anti-meta character

fox doesn't deserve to have his own section on top of a tier list--and considering how the metagame seems to always go, it's a 50/50 if he's even #1 at all--but he's never leaving top 3 in his unchanged form. even in broke-ass 3.0, I'd say the S-tier group was, in fact, something like

:mewtwopm::pit::fox:

though idk if I'd put pit just barely under them, seeing that it could have just been that zero was super-good at punishing with him or not, but thankfully it's a dead version so I don't need to think too hard into it

DrugsM2

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I play Pit I get so ****ing mad at him. Especially the jumps.

Like why the **** does the first one toss you up so high that using it to cover platforms becomes impossible/impractical?

Why the **** does his last jump, the one you can use out of glide, do absolutely nothing heightwise?

Why the **** is the ledge grab box on up-b attached to his ****ing ****?

What the **** is the idea of the glide attack?

****ing d-tilt. Actually all his ****ing grounded moves bar grab, u-smash and u-tilt.

(I know nothing please someone prove me wrong.)

In the end I'd still love to play him. When I get him to work he feels like the secret love child of Marth and Sheik. But that's so rare ;_;
Pit's jumps are legitimately the best part about him, I mean, i haven't played a ton of great players but for instance in the marth MU im able to air camp marth on most stages and arrow or dair confirm just using glide mix ups out of different DJ's and cancelling it instead of DJ'ing, resist the urge to DJ out of glide just cancel it and you retain momentum then DJ up-b for recovery and for all movement that isnt into an aerial with it. For recovery though if you just DJ>arrow loop it once, DJ towards stage>glide down in order to make a mix up whether youll glide to the ledge or under it and DJ up-b to the sweetspot or just go high, and you should be able to hit with that arrow you fired from your first recovery jump

His glide attack is pretty eh, its just the end lag and that it cant be L cancelled though, if it was able to be L-cancelled hed have some pretty good SH fair follow ups or usmash follow ups off it. Someone mentioned it uste be a kill move in brawl which would be kinda hype if that were to be a change to the move, but youre right about dtilt and glair being just bad moves overall. Dtilt at the very least has follow ups though just long start up 11 frames and like a 34 frame iasa or something nuts like that, atleast cut the iasa

I do think youre wrong about arrows being unsafe in neutral, you can space extremely well with SH arrow drifting forward and backward and then just dash dance once they get into there approach range (this does not apply to any small stages, or faster characters, those MU's are pretty rough when it gets down to it), cause in all honesty there arent many characters that you cant camp out at the ledge as pit. Ive even given some foxes who cant power shield well problems just through doing slightly charged SH arrows to there eye, 3-4 percent, plus the air camp potential with arrows is rediculous. Ive been doing full hop upward arrow>DJ>up arrow>fast fall>arrow right before the ground to cancel the start up then just guide downward and youve got 3 projectiles in the air comming down over your opponents head in god knows where, the mind game of not knowing when an arrow will hit is pretty big i think.

and finally, his moves besides glair and dtilt are extremely good, all of them honestly. Usmash kills most characters at 110 relatively, floaties much faster. Dsmash is a 6 frame start up that pit leans into and covers the sweetspot aswell as breaks CC. Fsmash 1 leads to grab or usmash or another fsmash to an utilt, it literally is just a 9 frame sweeping arc that lingers for 7 frames all around the front of pit that he steps into and then has a 24 frame iasa, the only bad part is its CC'able. Ive gotten like 70% off utilt alone on fastfallers so theres no way its bad and has a 4 frame start up, hes just fizz in league dodges dtilts for days. all pits aerials are great, fair is extremely safe on shield, sweetspot l cancel grab on shield i believe is safe, i havent had someone ever shield grab me first if i sweetspot and hit shield the frame before hitting the ground, if i dont and the second hitbox comes out it has like a 25% chance of shield poking if theyve had there shield up for like any amount of time and depending on hurtboxes. Uair juggles hard and kills, nair breaks armor on the last hit comes out in 4 frames and can be l cancelled into usmash, dsmash, utilt, and grab. Dair has a 2 frame spike hit box thats at this point just as good as any other spike in the game, land it at 50 on a marth there dead if horizontal to stage, dair also juggles out of dthrow bthrow into an usmash or utilt on semi-floaties and floaties. oh and dthrow bthrow is just sheik mix up with an even faster bthrow i think honestly, its close at the least. bair is his strongest kill move sweetspotted and lingers forever just drop from ledge DJ and it covers everything.

oh and glide movements good, just cancel it and fast fall, 4 frames of landing lag and it changes the height of pits collision detection thing so he can be horizontal to a platform while jumping, glide>cancel and land with no lag

I honestly have no idea what ive just written, but if any of it doesent make sense i can elaborate lol

overall i do feel he needs a bit of a quality of life change somewhere but most likely hes just gonna get buffed and be really good in the next patch

and to anyone saying arrows arent good, i tell you to SH them, slightly charge them, spam them whenever possible in all angles and directions you can possibly think of to create mix ups and approach opportunities. Above all though, have the eagles eyes, dont miss. Missing is an error for pit and can be punished, so just dont. Loop it around if you have too, just keep your spacing, your not in any lag while you have an arrow youve shot overhead or looped upward so if it lands youre free to follow up which is where getting actual punishes off arrows comes into place, you wont get any punishes off straight uncharged arrows in neutral under 60% but those build percent extremely quickly 3 arrows there at 10% past CC percent for dsmash i believe. pretty advantageous

Last edited:

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Rant:

My friend solo mains DK and fills me with salt.

I think he has a lot of jank, like 3.02 style jank, people just don't really know to what degree.

His recovery is stupid. Today I got hit by it 4 times as he went past me and I took 29%. I kid you not. I'm all for it being disruptive af and have good distance and not a gimme to consistently read, but each hit could do half as much damage and it would be just as effective.

The punch has very little cooldown, for a crazy strong fast move with intang it seems like it would fall under the umbrella of 'moves you can actually punish' but I guess not.

Hand Slap is ridiculous. The amount of hitstun on it makes followups essentially free. And the area covered is enormous. You can use it on reaction if people roll through you, and it will still catch them. It straight up covers 3 out of 4 tech options.

/rant

This is just a buildup of 4 months primarily playing against the character.

I don't like DK.

But you're right, him being constantly rated low tier and still being this salt-inducing is sort of a testament to balance.
Honestly bro, you take half of that away from him and he losses his viability. I just want to say this quickly, DK's recovery is not stupid and you had to get hit more than 4 times. If you get hit by every hit in Up B it does around 36-ish%, so if you took 29% you were basically getting carried by the move and took more than 4 hits. I wish I could say DK's recovery was stupid for a reason other than it literally sucks vertically. Also I don't know what character you main, but I'm sure your character has some jank of his own that is annoying to deal with, that's just how Project M works. Playing against DK is very simple; don't get grabbed. He had a good amount of these punish options in melee as well, but he obviously didn't get as much exposure. His punish game is unmatched in PM I agree and in my opinion, which may be biased, its top 5 in the game, primarily because of his raw power and grab game. But DK has very few neutral options and has trouble, as he always does, dealing with projectiles. Don't forget to mention he's combo food to almost the entire cast.

Last edited:

Chevy

Smash Ace
I love DK, but I kinda wish he actually had to work for his kills out of grabs a bit more. It's kind of silly that he can kill like 3/4 of the cast off of a grab at 50% with no escape options.

Top Bottom