• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I can tell you socal is stronger than az in pm right now, and probably always has been. K9 is in socal right now and has been getting top 3 like every bracket, but they just have too much depth to their talent. Neon is learning a new character, SS hates the game now and is learning sonic, axe still doesn't own the game, silly kyle doesn't travel. Socal is full of monsters. The highest ranking socal pr member that went to LTC was pr#8. We don't have to count M2k, by inui logic thry have at least 8 players who would place higher than Texas in a bracket. Tyrant /Larry/ Jason waterfalls are the top 3 atm and only Larry has traveled at all iirc.

I'll get off socal's **** now.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I can tell you socal is stronger than az in pm right now, and probably always has been. K9 is in socal right now and has been getting top 3 like every bracket, but they just have too much depth to their talent. Neon is learning a new character, SS hates the game now and is learning sonic, axe still doesn't own the game, silly kyle doesn't travel. Socal is full of monsters. The highest ranking socal pr member that went to LTC was pr#8. We don't have to count M2k, by inui logic thry have at least 8 players who would place higher than Texas in a bracket. Tyrant /Larry/ Jason waterfalls are the top 3 atm and only Larry has traveled at all iirc.

Imma ask SS a lil later but that switch
But it's it a lil funny that he's going from one the longer grab ranges to the smallest one?lol

steelguttey

mei is bei
from ss on skype:

[11/24/14, 11:34:54 AM] Shane Bruce: I actually really hate the 3.5 changes i feel he didnt deserve it. Its on thing to take away his up smash, but why they nerf his grab damage out put and his kb
[11/24/14, 11:36:12 AM] Shane Bruce: But thats just olimar the as a whole is definately more balanced now ill give them that
[11/24/14, 11:37:23 AM] Shane Bruce: Also the nerfed his recovery that too much they nerfed on him and his recovery wasnt even hood lol
[11/24/14, 11:38:24 AM] Shane Bruce: But imma still play him and try new things you never know he may still be good compared to the rest of the cast
[11/24/14, 11:39:01 AM] Shane Bruce: And his recowasbt even good not hood
[11/24/14, 11:39:09 AM] Shane Bruce: LOL

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.

"inui logic"

*insert shots and trash talk here*

*actual post begins*

I don't blame SS for hating the game now given what happened to Olimar. I do think though that the blame doesn't quite lie with the PMDT? I mean that's a weird position to hold, Olimar was nerfed by them. But ultimately I think Olimar is ridic character from a game completely at odds with Melee, with a design completely at odds with how Melee plays and is pretty much going to be really hard to bring into the fold.

Also, I heard somewhere that K9 dropped MK. Is this true?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
from ss on skype:

[11/24/14, 11:34:54 AM] Shane Bruce: I actually really hate the 3.5 changes i feel he didnt deserve it. Its on thing to take away his up smash, but why they nerf his grab damage out put and his kb
[11/24/14, 11:36:12 AM] Shane Bruce: But thats just olimar the as a whole is definately more balanced now ill give them that
[11/24/14, 11:37:23 AM] Shane Bruce: Also the nerfed his recovery that too much they nerfed on him and his recovery wasnt even hood lol
[11/24/14, 11:38:24 AM] Shane Bruce: But imma still play him and try new things you never know he may still be good compared to the rest of the cast
[11/24/14, 11:39:01 AM] Shane Bruce: And his recowasbt even good not hood
[11/24/14, 11:39:09 AM] Shane Bruce: LOL
You asked what he sees in sonic?

@ Thane of Blue Flames Thane of Blue Flames does Inui live in TN?

jtm94

Smash Lord
TX was all low tiers anyways so their characters didn't even get nerfed Kappa

Real rap Sonic is still the man. Pretty sure the character is still dumb. I'd put him in tops.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
"inui logic"

*insert shots and trash talk here*

*actual post begins*

I don't blame SS for hating the game now given what happened to Olimar. I do think though that the blame doesn't quite lie with the PMDT? I mean that's a weird position to hold, Olimar was nerfed by them. But ultimately I think Olimar is ridic character from a game completely at odds with Melee, with a design completely at odds with how Melee plays and is pretty much going to be really hard to bring into the fold.

Also, I heard somewhere that K9 dropped MK. Is this true?
He plays Fox in melee and has been playing him as a duel main in pm iirc, but I honestly don't know what he is playing now.

D

Deleted member

Unfortunately, Rob, GnW, and Roy were the only ones who didn't get nerfed
Ness, TL, MK, Ivy, Diddy all got hit in the face

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
ZSS combos have gotten nerfed too much already pls stop. She SHOULD be able to combo well at lower/mid%s but not be able to convert kills out of them, and not combo as well at higher%s. In 3.0, she was that character that could combo super well, but couldn't kill you out of combos and didn't even have good kill moves to throw out raw. (except bair, but that was readable because you had to face away).

Now, her nair doesn't combo at all at lower/mid%s but combos better at higher %s and leads to guaranteed fair. I'm sorry, but even the suggestion removing what small remaining part of what's fun about ZSS makes my butthole clench.
I said "maaaybe" about ZSS, but now I think she should stay how she is.

Last edited:

jtm94

Smash Lord
I fail to see how Diddy, Mk, or Ivy are bad now though even post-changes.

TL was just awful before though. He might be the worst character in the game now. I mean his frame 40 projectile got nerfed and his terrible recovery. Good thing tethers, AGT, and bomb jumping all got hit. I'm not sure if the character even has the ability to walk. Someone get this character some of grandma's soup.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If you thought Toon Link was awful before, you really never fought a good TL lol. That character was realllly good and still is.

Mobility is king and he hasn't lost that at all.

Rizner

Smash Ace

I feel like k9 doing that well in socal shows a lot. Neon is picking up someone new, but will be at a good level pretty quickly. Axe doesn't need to own the game, he's good regardless. Still plays a ton at tournaments and gets good experience. Kyle doesn't travel much, but is still good. Heysuess is a good player, who I think would be pretty even vs some of socal's finest.

But I haven't seen too much since 3.5, so maybe you're right. But I do think you're underselling them as a region.

D

Deleted member

I agree with SBs post 100% but its fairly obvious that he was joking since he said Diddy, MK, and Ivy didn't seem nerfed at all

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
He said "I fail to see how Diddy, Mk, or Ivy are bad now though even post-changes." not "didn't seem nerfed at all."

D

Deleted member

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANNNNNNNN

Actually I think MK and Diddy will be fine but idk about Ivy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foo

Smash Lord
Quick Ivy question. Whenever I random Ivy when I'm trolling around, I find shffling nair just locks them in a seemingly infinite combo until I feel back and kill them. Is there some way to get out of it? It seems to have mega vacuum. I imagine there must be a way to get out otherwise it's all I'd see ivy's do.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
MewTwo still seems good btw. Dtilt buff feels great to use with improved wavedashing ability; that and hover momentum buffs really help him start pressure and control space at mid range better. Granted, he lost ability to control close range and long range as well as he used to, but he feels like a much more fleshed out character now. Edge canceling teleport also allows him to retain a smidgeon of that cool stuff he could do with teleport->hover in 3.02, but it doesn't feel absurd because it's so much more situational. Only thing that seems weird to me is how teleport works. Having a jump vs not having one making teleport operate differently feels very weird and arbitrary. But that's the only complaint I have.
PMDT be praised, I can be happy with this character as a secondary now.

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I think people underrate mew2's hover. It makes his punish game freakin insane, I bet melee m2 would have that punish game if you slapped hover on him.

jtm94

Smash Lord
Hehe, I kept my post just ambiguous enough.

If mobility is king then that confirms Sonic for dumb tier still. I can still have fun with Diddy he's pretty kewl.
I used to think Wolf was lurking top tier, but idk I'm starting to realize he was overrated more and more every day.

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
Louisiana > Texas because DrinkingFood.

Diddy is still good but I don't think he'll be listed among the best characters anymore. The angle that fair sends at now is really easy to survive with good DI and no more up throw kill means he can actually struggle to finish off an opponent. It's ok though because they have those crazy barrels now.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Louisiana > Texas because DrinkingFood.

Diddy is still good but I don't think he'll be listed among the best characters anymore. The angle that fair sends at now is really easy to survive with good DI and no more up throw kill means he can actually struggle to finish off an opponent. It's ok though because they have those crazy barrels now.
In other words, diddy became a fair character :dazwa:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I rank Pit as "Armada could you please attend a PM tourney sometime soon I need stuff to steal and can't figure out his B&Bs"

He is in all likelihood still very good. His recovery is also still kind of stupid, I'm kind of surprised how good his glide still is.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
People actually think other regions can beat SoCal? Hilarious. SoCal runs so deep they could try multiple different levels of try hard against any other region. We could probably even just shamelessly toss one fox after another at anyone and still win, deny us m2k if you want we still have mangoat. Team SoFox: Larry, Mango, Lucky, West, Fiction. Good luck beating that team.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
How would you guys rank Marth, MK, and Pit in 3.5?
Meta Knight is top tier because of his DC Drift tech that gives him potentially broken movement, his deceptively amazing range, great combo potential, and I saved the best for last, his edgeguarding. Marth is probably high tier. Pit is probably high tier too.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Drift is cool.
I don't see that per say being a reason why he goes up or down on the tier list. I think in 3.2 mk might have been in the 10-15 range.
I think he could ether be there or maybe some where in the top 10.

Last edited:

V

Smash Ace
Well just among those 3 how would you rank them from best to worst? And with Marth's ability to chaingrab spacies considering how good they're going to be, coupled with Mewtwo, Pit, and Diddy being nerfed, will Marth be capable of winning a tournament without a secondary?

Top Bottom