• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Thoughts on 3ds Smash bundle?

Tstemp

Smash Rookie
Do you guys think they will release a Smash XL bundle? If so, what are you hoping the design will look like? Personally, I can see it being black with red smash logo and maybe the character symbols on the back?
I don't own an XL yet and I will gladly wait it out for the potential of it releasing lol

GiantBoyDetective

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking mostly red with a white smash symbol on the top. Be interested to see what they come up with though (if they come up with anything.

They could do an awesome one with all the fighters little icons all over kinda like that Kingdom Hearts model they had awhile back for DSi (I think).

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
If the game comes in free with the system, then there definitely won't be a bundle since Nintendo can't afford any losses right now, but it is possible after launch.

Last edited:

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
I really believe there will be a special edition 3ds XL. I mean, there's one for every other game out there. And Smash is a big deal. I'd be surprised if they didn't do it.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I used to not care about the XL, but if they do make this I just might have to try to get one :dizzy:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I really hope it happens. Not sure why they would ignore a system seller version of the console/handheld.

If they were available, I'd buy both the SSB4 version of the 3DS AND the Wii U.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't think they will; most people that are interested in a 3DS already own a 3DS. The bundle seems counter-intuitive... but Smash IS one of the biggest Nintendo IP. So the chance is always there. I wouldn't buy it though, just for a fancy logo? No, sir!

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I have an Ambassador 3DS that's run out of memory, so if the incentive to buy a bundle were good enough I'd probably buy it just to have an XL; I'd transfer the Ambassador data over to the XL and sell the original.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
I have an Ambassador 3DS that's run out of memory, so if the incentive to buy a bundle were good enough I'd probably buy it just to have an XL; I'd transfer the Ambassador data over to the XL and sell the original.
This was my plan exactly, I really really don't want a 2ds tho. I really don't like that system.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I've played my brothers 2DS a few times and it's honestly my favorite for long stretches. But, I actually enjoy 3D effects in games, so I would be pretty let-down if they opted for a 2DS bundle only.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
If its a 3DS with some design rather than being a normal 3DS with the game, I'll get it for sure but I'll end up well... An-empty-wallet.jpg

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I doubt they'll do a 2DS bundle if anything is going to be made.

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
I think the bundle would be red, since that's the color associated w/the 3DS version, and blue for the Wii U. If a bundle comes out, I will be trading in my regular 3DS for an XL

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Out of pure fear of wrecking a 3DS with this game, I guess I'd buy the bundle but continue to use my classic 3DS for Smash. They tend to be more sturdy.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
So if there were to be a bundle, how much would it cost? I'm betting $210 for an XL bundle and $160 for a 2DS bundle

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't think they will; most people that are interested in a 3DS already own a 3DS. The bundle seems counter-intuitive... but Smash IS one of the biggest Nintendo IP. So the chance is always there. I wouldn't buy it though, just for a fancy logo? No, sir!
I think there are a lot of people like me who are waiting on Smash Bros to buy the 3DS / Wii U (heck, it happened with the Wii as well).

Heck, I hadn't even planned on getting one until I saw the Smash Direct. :D

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
I already got the Pikachu XL and I don't really want to have to have 2.. I would personally like a 2ds LE console that I wouldn't be afraid to break but a 3dsXL one seems like the logical choice.

Design wise, I'd like a black one with the Smash logo big and to one side with a blue and red fire line shooting to the other side on the top half and all the different representations logos in white or light grey along the back above the Nintendo 3ds logo along with the main Super Smash Bros. text logo down next to the serial number.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
They should release 3DS accesoires
I've played my brothers 2DS a few times and it's honestly my favorite for long stretches. But, I actually enjoy 3D effects in games, so I would be pretty let-down if they opted for a 2DS bundle only.
A 2DS is already pretty cheap compared to a 3DS, and especially an XL
I see no reason for them to bundle the 2DS, but not the XL

Last edited:

LunethF

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luneth
3DS FC
5327-1175-2830
They should release 3DS accesoires

A 2DS is already pretty cheap compared to a 3DS, and especially an XL
I see no reason for them to bundle the 2DS, but not the XL
The 2DS is cheaper to produce which means they can produce a larger number of bundles to meet demands.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
The 2DS is cheaper to produce which means they can produce a larger number of bundles to meet demands.
But it's not like the 3DS is flying off the shelves as it is, so they might as well just use the more expensive console for a bundle

Kerreb17

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0619-4010-5392
If anything, it would bundle with the Wii U and not the 3DS. I'm assuming that they're going to stick to physical cartridge and digital download for the 3DS. Come December, we may see some sort of Smash Wii U Bundle, or at least a deal to encourage people to buy the console.

Remember: it's not the game that needs selling, it's the console.

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
If anything, it would bundle with the Wii U and not the 3DS. I'm assuming that they're going to stick to physical cartridge and digital download for the 3DS. Come December, we may see some sort of Smash Wii U Bundle, or at least a deal to encourage people to buy the console.

Remember: it's not the game that needs selling, it's the console.
I don't see why they couldn't do a bundle for both, any incentive to buy a new console.

Kerreb17

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0619-4010-5392
I don't see why they couldn't do a bundle for both, any incentive to buy a new console.
I'm no expert, but I assume that making a bundle of any kind costs significantly more money than it would have normally. The expectation is that buyers would either A) want a fresh coat of paint for their system or B) don't own the system and want to buy the system along with the game they want to play with it, though that doesn't stop them from buying other games.

Bundles certainly are cheaper for the consumer, but the producer expects that they will sell the consoles primarily, and that, simply by having the console, the consumer will be more likely to buy games for that system. That's how they make money off of a bundle.

Now, with that in mind, especially after the Pokemon bundle, Animal Crossing bundle, and Zelda bundle, I assume that Nintendo would make a Smash bundle for 3DS. Should they? Probably not. I think that the 3DS has enough going for it outside of Smash, and Smash for 3DS isn't as much of a selling point there as it is with the Wii U. The Wii U doesn't NEED the bundle, but it's aching for it. The poorer sales numbers of the Wii U can only go up with the release of Smash, and a bundle would certainly push Wii U sales much more than 3DS sales, I predict.

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
I'm no expert, but I assume that making a bundle of any kind costs significantly more money than it would have normally. The expectation is that buyers would either A) want a fresh coat of paint for their system or B) don't own the system and want to buy the system along with the game they want to play with it, though that doesn't stop them from buying other games.

Bundles certainly are cheaper for the consumer, but the producer expects that they will sell the consoles primarily, and that, simply by having the console, the consumer will be more likely to buy games for that system. That's how they make money off of a bundle.

Now, with that in mind, especially after the Pokemon bundle, Animal Crossing bundle, and Zelda bundle, I assume that Nintendo would make a Smash bundle for 3DS. Should they? Probably not. I think that the 3DS has enough going for it outside of Smash, and Smash for 3DS isn't as much of a selling point there as it is with the Wii U. The Wii U doesn't NEED the bundle, but it's aching for it. The poorer sales numbers of the Wii U can only go up with the release of Smash, and a bundle would certainly push Wii U sales much more than 3DS sales, I predict.
Well Sm4sh will be the first portable Smash game, and that's a big enough deal in its own right to warrant a bundle, there are still plenty of people, such as me, that are on the regular 3DS and would like to upgrade to an XL, and there are still a lot of people who don't have a 3DS. The console hasn't reached DS levels of sales, so I think Nintendo would want to keep pushing these different options. I could be way off base, and maybe I'm wrong and it's a terrible strategy. That's why I'm not going into marketing/business

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
The console hasn't reached DS levels of sales, so I think Nintendo would want to keep pushing these different options.
I don't think you're way off base. My prediction would be that bundles for both systems could work, but the 3DS warrants it less. Would it still make good money though? Yes.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Now, with that in mind, especially after the Pokemon bundle, Animal Crossing bundle, and Zelda bundle, I assume that Nintendo would make a Smash bundle for 3DS.
Don't forget the 3D Land, Mario Kart, and M7Luigi bundles as well.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I don't have an XL yet myself but if Smash gets one I'll gladly change that partly because the control layout would probably change to fit Smash Bros.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
It would be cool, but with my Zelda 3DS, 3DS XL, and Zelda 3DS XL, I'd feel like there have been way too many bundles that look good. So in other words, I would throw my keyboard across the room since I already have 2 limited edition zelda bundles and a normal one, and that was a LOT of money.

Prim3MavericK

Smash Cadet
I just really hope that they do make a Special Bundle foe the 3DS XL. I still dont have a 3DS and I really dont want to end up buying a 3DS and then they end up releasing one afer I've bought one

Top Bottom