• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ThomaSexy is Retiring From Smash

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Well everyone, it's been a fun 3 1/2 years, but I'm finally ready to call it quits with Smash. I started back in October of 2003 with my first tournament in L.A. Things were so much different then - There were a lot more Gannondorfs, Links, and Samus' back then, and about half the people used Sheik. Peach was practically non-existant. Smash used to be fun back then, but these days everyone takes it too seriously. Unless your power ranked or belong to a crew, no one likes you.

I started out as being the Peach to beat in SoCal. I went to every bi-weekly and I had a close friend who I played against and kept my skills sharp. But then my best friend quit Smash so I had no one to practice with and keep me sharp, but I still had my car and drove to people's houses to practice and I continued to go to every tournament in SoCal and I was still a respected player. But that stupid POS car I drive started to break down a lot and it prevented me from going to a lot of tournaments and my skill steadily declined. Then I met this girl and we had a little relationship going but then we had some drama and it just affected everything in my life. Then to make things worse, one of my best friends died and I just stopped caring about Smash. Well, after most of my problems were over, I thought I should get back in the groove again and get back to where I was. But I'm still scared to drive my car so I only went to a few select tournaments here and there. But I'm so out of practice now. At the last tournament I got last in singles and teams. I just feel that it's not worth the risk of driving a dangerous car when I'm in this terrible shape now.

This is how it's been for me: I drive my car to tournaments, scared to death that It'll break down. I get to the tournament and it starts 2 hours late because so-in-so left late and is caught in traffic, then I get teamed with a random partner, then I lose in singles quickly. If I bring my tv, I have to wait hours to leave because people want to play friendlies on it. Afterwards, I can't get any friendlies in because people who are in the same crew and play each other all the time are playing friendlies and don't want to give up their spot. This is my experience at every tournament. Retiring was an easy choice after I thought about it.

But it was still a fun experience. I got to see a lot of different cities and meet a lot of cool people. I got to go to Vegas and I was able to see some of the best players compete from all different states. In MLG L.A. 2004 I got 4th in teams with Nemar Pott (Beans and Cornbread) and then in MLG Vegas 2005 I got 5th in teams with Helen (Team Ken) and we were 1 win away in the pro bracket at Anaheim 2005 from making it to the finals in New York. In Anaheim 2006 What is Fear and I made it in the pro brackets (Victoria's Secret) and we tooks wins off of some of the top players (Hugo & Omar, PC Chris & Kaiser). Arash and I teamed at a couple bi-weeklies and we were able to take some matches off Ken and Mana. In singles I didn't place so well in most local SoCal tournaments, but I placed significantly better in major tournaments (MLGs, Champ Combo).

All-in-all, this has been a really fun experience for me and I don't regret any of it. The Nexus Tournament: Smash Royal III will be my final tournament.

Aesis

Smash Ace
That's too bad Thomas. I remember when I went to MLG LA 2005 I saw you and I was like, oh that's ThomaSexy!!! Haha, **** O_O too good. Take care, man.

Arash

Smash Lord
thomas quitting??

i seriously took a double take upon reading that...

i'm sorry to hear that, we had some good times, but you gotta do what you gotta do i guess:(

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

thats not too bad thomas, brawl will be out soon anyways. It takes a strong willed person to really say they will quit smash and quit smash. I think you meant your not quitting smash but rather the tournament scene. Well thomas youve been there since the beginning kinda sad to see you gone man. Take care. See you at nexus 3 =).

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Nooo! You can't retire, we still havent owned in teams yet! >_<

Even if you retire, you have to come to UCR sometime, it would be a shame not to play with you again before you stop playing since I cant go to Nexus >_<

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
Why Thomas?? Whyyyyyy =[ =[

Awwwwwwwwww!! We're gonna miss you Thomas! It's really too bad that you don't enjoy tournaments as much anymore, but we know what you mean. We're glad that our tournament will be your last one though :)

Good luck with everything in the future, we hope that you at least show up to some tournaments so that we can see you again.

- Adam & Kim

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
Dang, it sucks to see you retire man. Fun times, even though I only teamed with you once. I still remember all the times I had to face you in the tourneys, you know you are still the Peach i've faced the most (Blitz is catching up).

I hope to see you at Nexus, I'll try my best to go.

Oh yeah, why don't you trash that car and buy another one? That cars been giving you problems for more than a year now. I bet you've put a lot of money into it, it probably isn't worth having it.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
weres silent wolf to be like

everyone quits sometime no need to make a thread about it

"closes thread" lawlz

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Well, I just wanted to give one last shout-out to everyone:

Ken: First of all, I just wanted to thank you for everything you have done for SoCal. I know I try not to put you on a pedastal, but you are SoCal's hero. I remember back in 2003 I read about you online and I'm like "Best in the world? He's probably all cocky and conceited! I'll take him out myself." And then of course I actually met you and it was a different story. All I ever did was bring my tv, bring donuts, and didn't get all cocky when I was good and you treated me like I was one of your family members. I feel like I've been everywhere with you, Mike, Helen, and Jenny. I just feel like your family is my family too. I even have a photo of all you guys on my desk at work. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for everything because SoCal would be nothing without you. Your bi-weeklies got the SoCal tournament scene started. None of the experiences I've had or the friends I've met would have been possible without you. Thank you so much!!

Panda: Of all smashers, Panda has to be my favorite. First of all, he's funny as Hell! He's really down to Earth, and he treats everyone like a friend no matter how good or bad they are at Smash. Even when I was getting worse and worse at Smash, he took me into his crew and helped me get better. Not only that, but he motivated me to get better and I was able to go to a lot more tournaments because of him. He just made Smash sooooo much more fun. Our crew didn't even Smash all the time, we went to the arcade, and out to eat a lot too. Panda wasn't just another Smasher, he was a friend. And don't worry, when I get my new car, we WILL get drunk sometime. Hehe.

Chu Dat: Chu Dat is almost like family to me too. I've gone out to eat and karaoke with him and Jenny and Helen so many times. He's soooo freaking funny! Chu, you're one of the people who I'm going to miss the most.

Helen: I almost want to call you my little sister. Haha. It all started one day when Ken was in Japan and you, Jenny, Mike, and I were on our way to MLG Las Vegas. As always, I had no partner for teams, and no one wanted me. So I just decided to try and have fun anyway and I teamed with you. First we beat some father and son and we beat them badly. Then we moved on to face the team of Trevyn and Undisput3d. I remember in that last match it was you vs. Unidsput3d and you both had full health and you downsmashed him off the edge and when he tried to come back, you downsmashed him into a spike and beat him straight-up. After that, I was happy enough. But then we moved on and beat several more teams and finally got taken out by DSF and Zelgadis going double Marth. It was incredible. That was probably my favorite tournament of all time. We later got 2nd at a bi-weekly and got money. Then in MLG Anaheim we had to face Gabe and Wolf and they went double Marth on us and we still beat them. Then they went to their original characters. If we would have just won one more match, we would have been heading to New York. But anyway, you were the best partner I ever had in teams and I just wanted to let you know that your family is like my family too. I'll miss you guys.

Arash: Arash has got to be one of the friendliest smashers ever. He's just like this lovable father that everyone likes to play with. Haha. Anyway, I can always count on him to be someone who you can talk to when you want to talk about something other than smash. Arash has been so nice to me and it felt good to help him in return by jump-starting his car when it needed it. Arash, I'm going to miss you.

Azn Lep: Azn Lep is always a cool guy to talk to. He's down to earth and he's never negative. Even when I suck and I admit it, he always says something to make you not feel as bad. It was cool staying the night at your house (Or should I say mansion?) for Cheapness Outrage. It's always cool seeing him around at tournaments and his Ice Climbers kick ***. I remember seeing him at MLG Anaheim 2006 trying to beat top players and saying how good (or bad) he did. Oh yeah, it was totally awesome when we beat Chu in that money match. Haha! Your IC totally ***** him and I just stood back and watched. Haha.

Edrees: And then San Diego had another cool smasher named Edrees. Edrees is definately one of the nicest smashers. He's anything but cocky and for being as good as he is, that's hard to do.

CAOTIC: What's with San Diego having all the nice Smashers? Cao was a lot of fun to have around. It was sad to see him leave. All the tournaments were so much better when he was there.

Trevyn: I remember when Trevyn sucked. He battled me in like 15 friendlies back in 2004 and didn't get a single win over me. Haha. Back then I was the only formidable Peach in SoCal and Trevyn would watch my matches and be like "That was beauuuuutiful!!" Then he would talk to me on aim and ask me if I had videos. Haha. But then Trevyn left to AZ, and he came back as the Peach killer. He finally beat me (repeatedly) in tournaments and kept saying "I'm sorry! I feel bad when I beat you." Haha. Trevyn always was a cool guy. He's also one of the funniest smashers. In MLG Anaheim 2005 he beat Azen in a friendly using Marth and all he did was hit forward on the C-stick the whole match and he had this confused look on his face like "WTF? Are you serious?"

Mike: Mike always helped me to get better. He was one of the few people who would give me freindlies to get better, and he was, and still is, one of the few people who believes in me. I appreciate how much training you've given me.

Ultra Luigi: Oscar has always been one of my favorite Smashers. First of all, he uses Luigi, which is totally awesome. He can do so many nifty little tricks with him, which reminds me of the way I used to play Peach. Oscar is always friendly and very down to earth. I'm going to miss you.

What is Fear: At first we sucked teaming together in teams. But then all of a sudden, we just ***** in MLG Anaheim. We had Hugo and Omar sweating bullets when we beat them twice in a row. (No offense to them. You guys still won) Brian, because of you, I have placed extremely high in teams in all 3 MLGs I've been in. (I've been in 4 but over 3 years and 3 different partners) Our crew days, although short-lived, were still fun. Panda was a good leader and because of him we took a match off PC Chris and Kaiser on the dirty sanchez stage. I'm still up for having friendlies at your house though.

Evil Nemesis: Luigi contributes a lot to SoCal. I came from Chino, which is in San Bernardino County, and I don't think anyone has ever heard of San Bernardino until Luigi began his tournaments which brought it a lot of noobs and made it so much more fun. Hehe. Luigi has been stepping it up and I think he does better against outside competition than a lot of people on the power-ranking list. The drunked match at Pandatration was my favorite match against you. Haha. Keep on representing San Bernardino.

Nealdt: Nealdt contributes a lot to the SoCal community with his programs. He's always friendly and helpful and makes tournaments better for all of us.

Omar: Omar is one of the friendliest smashers too. It sucks that he's stuck in Arizona. And not just Arizona, but FLAGSTAFF Arizona which is in the middle of nowhere in a state that is already the middle of nowhere. Haha. But Omar is cool to have around and he still represents SoCal. I'm going to miss you too.

JTB: We teamed a couple times and we didn't do great, but it doesn't matter to me. I don't care how we placed because it's always an honor to team with someone who represents San Bernardino. Your rest combos are getting pretty sweet too.

Knives: Knives has been really helpful back in the day of our crew. Even today, I still root for him over most other players. It doesn't matter if we're a crew anymore or not. Knives has been a cool friend but he's getting a little bizarre these days with his posts. What did Deep(throat) SoCal do to you? Haha. I'm kidding.

Aesis: Aesis is cool. It's always good to see him at tournaments.

Romeo: We never talk, but Romeo ***** at tournaments. Even though he is power ranked, he's grossly underrated.

David C: It's good to see how much you've improved, and how you're not all cocky about it. Keep up the good work.

Pedro: Dude! Pedro was a cool guy! It sucks that he's not around much anymore. I remember when I used to bring donuts to every tournaments he was always like, "Those donuts were sooooo gooood!!" Haha. Pedro was awesome to have around at tournaments.

Gus: Gus was another cool guy and probably the only Smasher older than me. His Sheik was incredible. It was just so accurate and precise. I felt like Gus was unbeatable. He was always friendly and even when one time I was acting like a jerk, he still defended me and said I was just having one of those bad days. Gus is definately one of the friendliest smashers ever.

ROFL: I never talked to ROFL but his Luigi is funny to watch. It looks like he's confused running in circles and slipping around on the floor.

Dodger: Keep representing Kirby Roger. People who stick with their character no matter what are the true heroes of Smash and not these sell-outs who switch to top tier characters removing the variety from the game which was its original intention.

Nashun: Same to you. Keep representing Kirby!

If I forgot anyone I'm really sorry (Or it's just that we never really talk).

If I had to build my own super crew it would be:

Arash, Romeo, Ultra Luigi, Azn Lep, and What is Fear (No top tiers and still total rapage) Alternate would be Dodger.

1o11oo1o11

Smash Apprentice
"Unless your power ranked or belong to a crew, no one likes you"

That is way too ****in' true.

PandaX

Smash Lord
Jay always has to john huh? What's funny, is his name is fking JOE.

Welcome to the life outside of smash. It's better out here. More liquor and girls. That's right GIRLS. Ok, so I got drunk with this one chick last night...

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
Jay always has to john huh? What's funny, is his name is fking JOE.

Welcome to the life outside of smash. It's better out here. More liquor and girls. That's right GIRLS. Ok, so I got drunk with this one chick last night...
wat are u talking about panda john wat i was just sayin wat silent wolf always does cuz hes 2 good at life so are u panda so wat my name is joe im ****in proud of it how old are u again 27 playing a teenagers game yea no **** u should get a life

PandaX

Smash Lord
wat are u talking about panda john wat i was just sayin wat silent wolf always does cuz hes 2 good at life so are u panda so wat my name is joe im ****in proud of it how old are u again 27 playing a teenagers game yea no **** u should get a life
lol what a little *****. Don't cry joe, i'm 23 and I don't play smash. Also, for a teenage boy, you should learn somethings called comma and periods. Those things really help a person actually land a job and stuff :p

D4mn ***** I was only kidding with you. you f*ckin' cry too much.

Dodger

Smash Ace
I'm sad to see you go Thomas, but I appreciate the shout outs. Hopefully I'll make it to the next Nexus gaming tournie so we can smash one last time.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
lol what a little *****. Don't cry joe, i'm 23 and I don't play smash. Also, for a teenage boy, you should learn somethings called comma and periods. Those things really help a person actually land a job and stuff :p

D4mn ***** I was only kidding with you. you f*ckin' cry too much.
alright my bad then panda i take back wat i said i thought u were being serious also i dont really care for grammer on the boards lolz no hurt then its cool.

Zenith

Smash Ace
d***
I've never thought this day would come.

Seriously, I'm gonna miss playin ur Peach, Thomas was the only person (besides Blitz and Fabian) that I can play on an even level.

Man, and I just learned a Fox infinite on Peach, now my only source for Peach is gone.

araknophobik

Smash Master
i remember my first tourny, in my first round of teams i had to play "team ken" and i was like "o ****, i have to thomasexy, THEE PEACH" and luigi was just laughing cuz he knew i was gonna get ****ed up. I still recall almost beating helen, but tsexy was just too good :(

MrPBody

Smash Journeyman
"Thomas is back!".. No more lol
Dang that's too bad
I enjoyed our matches we had. When I first got in the game I enjoyed the fact that you were ranked & I always won. Felt good beating one of SoCal's best peachemz. I felt pretty bad when ur car got key'd up in my 1st tournament =T
Well take care man

Panda wtf, u can still get gurlz AND smash at the same time. Just don't prioritize smash over puzzy =)

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
doode thomas no more tournaments? i guess ill have to make the nexus one since its your last.

good times being your team partner. we were not too great at first, but we worked at it and did fairly well at mlg. maybe we could have done even better if i kept going to tournaments/ your car didnt die, but im glad we did as well as we did.

as for the crew yeah man that was also good times.

your a cool person thomas, whenever i have time i wouldnt mind smashing with you. one may retire the tourney scene, but smash never dies lol.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
"Unless your power ranked or belong to a crew, no one likes you"

That is way too ****in' true.

no thats not, u guys are dumb as long as your not a d!ck or a ***** people will like you. and if your one of those quiet guys obviously its gonna seem like no one likes you cuz well, you dont talk to no one........and if u suck jus play to have fun stop cryin and NUT THE *** UP.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
LOL @ rom thats true as long as your not a ****ing ***** ppl like u not everyone is gonna like u but u make freinds with a lot of new ppl u dont gotta be in a crew or ranked to be chill u just gotta not be a *** or a douche bag like some ppl.

Knivez

Smash Ace
i'm gonna miss seeing u and your drinks thomas lol.

u're one of the coolest crew members i've had.

i mean, just look at mike y and azeem.........they suuuuuuuuuck.

anyways thanks for being my first peach training guy and i'll never forget that one time in lonely new york when you said to me.........we could.

we should do one last WCS vs etc crew battle if u, panda, and brian are willing to.

Nashun

Smash Ace
btw thomas, as a farewell present and an apology for not attending your low-tier tourney i'll pay for your venue entry fee and low tier tourney entry fee at nexus3.

bbb

Smash Champion
First Panda now Thomas?!? All my favorite smashers are leaving!

Ultra better as hell not leave :ohwell:

PandaX

Smash Lord
"Thomas is back!".. No more lol
Dang that's too bad
I enjoyed our matches we had. When I first got in the game I enjoyed the fact that you were ranked & I always won. Felt good beating one of SoCal's best peachemz. I felt pretty bad when ur car got key'd up in my 1st tournament =T
Well take care man

Panda wtf, u can still get gurlz AND smash at the same time. Just don't prioritize smash over puzzy =)
lmfao, true, but why burn an full saturday for smash, when you can burn it getting tail... more than once!

i'm gonna miss seeing u and your drinks thomas lol.

u're one of the coolest crew members i've had.

i mean, just look at mike y and azeem.........they suuuuuuuuuck.

anyways thanks for being my first peach training guy and i'll never forget that one time in lonely new york when you said to me.........we could.

we should do one last WCS vs etc crew battle if u, panda, and brian are willing to.
I have no weekends open.

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
So sorry you have to leave......

Ah man, it was really cool hanging out with you Thomas. I wish I could give you a hug.:)

It's funny how you have your religious values reflect on your personality as you acted in real-life. Not alot of people have that;)

But still, you were a sprint of smash that I needed during tournaments

I wish I could've gotten in a better personal relationship(socially) with you, but I think when things are clean and inline, we'll have good times again:cool: :laugh: :) :) :)

Top Bottom