• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Thinner character, bigger appeal!" Paper Mario for SSB4; Thread migration soon!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wat? That's weird, I dunno who to trust O_O but I'm pretty sure Flavio called it the S.S. Flavion last time I checked
I know who not to trust.
Time.
becauseitwassohardgettingaBlackYoshidoyouevenknow

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I know who not to trust.
Time.
becauseitwassohardgettingaBlackYoshidoyouevenknow
I know the struggle, waiting the exact amount of time to get that sweet black Yoshi yet I get the pink one for some reason o_O then I try again and get the green. Dang you Intelligent Systems!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I know the struggle, waiting the exact amount of time to get that sweet black Yoshi yet I get the pink one for some reason o_O then I try again and get the green. Dang you Intelligent Systems!
Intelligent Systems.
The people who decided to make Boogly Woods stupidly hard yet make Glitz Pit the most fun in the game straight-after.
whatwegothrough.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I liked White Yoshi best. He looked so cute and pompous.

I would say that Super Blooper is the boss of this stage, but since it's a traveling stage, his stay would only be temporary. He's probably how the S.S. Flavion gets crumpled up so it can transition to the Paper Mario/SPM portion of the stage next.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I liked White Yoshi best. He looked so cute and pompous.

I would say that Super Blooper is the boss of this stage, but since it's a traveling stage, his stay would only be temporary. He's probably how the S.S. Flavion gets crumpled up so it can transition to the Paper Mario/SPM portion of the stage next.
gotta love how pre-Chapter 1's Super Blooper and Chapter 65's S.S. Flavio....n... work in harmony like that.
...I hope I remembered the chapter order correctly.
Fixed it
P-Rougeport
1-Petalburg
2-BooglyWoods
3-Glitzville
4-Vivian2cute4me
5-PoshleyHeights-BobberyFTW
6-BobberyFTW-PoshleyHeights
7-ExtremeTissues
F-TTYD

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
gotta love how pre-Chapter 1 and Chapter 6 work in harmony like that.
...I hope I remembered the chapter order correctly.
P-Rougeport
1-Petalburg
2-BooglyWoods
3-Glitzville
4-Vivian2cute4me
5-PoshleyHeights
6-BobberyFTW
7-ExtremeTissues
F-TTYD
invert 5 and 6.

And it's 8 not final.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

I never changed my rom so maybe it's your memory.

EDIT: Just this was enough for my PC to heat like crazy. Why they are so hard to run? (it was 45 fps which is enough to be laggy).
My game calls it Flavio. :T

invert 5 and 6.

And it's 8 not final.
I just call it Final because that's what it is.
And atleast I remembered it mostly.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I would have preferred if this part of the stage sticks to the story like Hither-Tither Hill's doing, and the ship crashed and burned thanks to a bunch of pissed off Embers, but w/e, I guess Super Blooper works too.

inb4 Shooting Star Summit is blasted apart by General Guy

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
My game calls it Flavio. :T

I just call it Final because that's what it is.
And atleast I remembered it mostly.
What's funny is that I made the same mistake recently today :)

Btw, I will try to do the stage analysis (after watching video son sticker star lol) before the POTD comes out. I'd better update the chance and stage section tomorrow as I'll remove the temporary header in the OP after the last POTD of the week comes out.

It's just that I love playing TTYD now :)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I would have preferred if this part of the stage sticks to the story like Hither-Tither Hill's doing, and the ship crashed and burned thanks to a bunch of pissed off Embers, but w/e, I guess Super Blooper works too.

inb4 Shy Guy's Toybox is invaded by the X-Nauts (extreme-tissues)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
inb4 Shy Guy's Toybox is invaded by the X-Nauts (extreme-tissues)
Seeing that PM64 reference at the end of ch2 of TTYD, it's possible.

btw

I believe the hither part would be scrolling. Just checking the stage seems like it. What I'm curious is how exactly it would folds for the transitions?

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
What I'm curious is how exactly it would folds for the transitions?
Sakurai has a penchant for the quirky, and Paper Mario is nothing if not that. I doubt the stage will fold gently. Instead, it would crumple up into a small piece of paper, flinch a couple of times, and then reform back into the next stage in the lineup. Meanwhile, the fighters are fighting in an empty void SAMMER GUY'S KINGDOM CONFIRMED while the paper is the background trying to reform itself.

It's basically Castle Siege's transformation process, with infinitely more charm.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
What I'm curious is how exactly it would folds for the transitions?
Well there's 3 ways I'm thinking of.
1) The page flips up into the foreground then the camera goes into the next scene where the fighters are there now. (Like PM64, entering buildings)
2) The pages just rolls over and the characters are parts of the next page, meaning the ones on the old page are the same ones as the new page and it's like an actual book but the conspiracies are real (Like TTYD)
3) The page draws itself because platforming+paper mario=smrt
Also I heard that Gamestop is selling Sticker Star for 10 bucks-a-pop, even for new copies.
I need to find a Gamestop some time.

Last edited:

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
Well there's 3 ways I'm thinking of.
1) The page flips up into the foreground then the camera goes into the next scene where the fighters are there now. (Like PM64, entering buildings)
2) The pages just rolls over and the characters are parts of the next page, meaning the ones on the old page are the same ones as the new page and it's like an actual book but the conspiracies are real (Like TTYD)
3) The page draws itself because platforming+paper mario=smrt
Also I heard that Gamestop is selling Sticker Star for 10 bucks-a-pop, even for new copies.
I need to find a Gamestop some time.
That sounds an awful lot like Powerpoint transitions. Also, 10 bucks? I don't like the game either, but sheesh. I'd go at least 20.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Intelligent Systems.
The people who decided to make Boogly Woods stupidly hard yet make Glitz Pit the most fun in the game straight-after.
whatwegothrough.
ijustnoticedsomething.
THIS IS MY 1000TH POST!
HUZZAH!

I deserve a Name Change
Admins pls

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
After seeing this stage, I came to the realisation that Paper Mario is probably my most wanted newcomer right now. :awesome: His moveset would be glorious; he does so many things that standard Mario does not. If he is playable, I fully expect the theatre from TTYD to be a Wii U stage. :) I can dream!

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok, so I checked the stage and as expected, lots of details.

Hither Thither Hill:

What I got from the pictures is that it might seems very similar to other mario stages, but by watching videos of the in game location, it's not. What they did is they picked the original design of the stage and enhanced greatly the appearance. What this means is that the stage respect the artstyle of ssb4 while still feeling enough Paper Mario. Basically, unified colors, bright colors with clear delimitation. It's the same artstyle of the whole series. You just add enhanced lighting and fog effect and that's it.

Looking at the overall, it would actually show the full map. So, I don't expect this to scroll now, but being on such a small space is weird. Might be something hidden like why there's a warp pipe in the background? It has nothing to do here so I guess it could be decoration which is nice. Tough, maybe the fan was enough as hazard so they didn't make it scrolling.

The grass and flowers are really almost like the original game. Even with the fence and the stairs to the windmill are almost like original. It looks flat with the same design. It even go as far as the background, seems pretty well done and is still consistent with the design we all love (I know sticker star is bad but the design is almost the same and that's a good thing). Windmill is the same, but I want to put your attention on the leaf on it. It's clear that it's in the foreground (3d effect?) and that is probably the result of the winds. It's nice to see details like this of graphics while the hazard is acting.

The only thing that isn't there is the wooden platform next to the windmill. My theory is that since the fan is there, there shouldn't be that platform which could explain the pipe taking its place.

Speaking of that fan, that's the most interesting part. When the picture was taken, the fan was blowing and this is suggested by the leaf. You see a big amount of fog and that would probably look even better in 3d. It's sort of the same look as in the game being just a simple effect that is almost unified. What it think it does is blowing to the left direction and this could explain the fighters seeming to be in dash animation to the right, but doesn't seem to move that much. Mario is even almost stuck next to the windmill platform. It tells me that as Sakurai said, the wind is very strong. I guess it could make fighting interesting.

What I like also is the circular appearance of the ground and yet still feels 2d in movement. It wasn't exactly like this in the original,but I recall seeing several map in PM64 being circular like this (star summit is best example). It might be an ode to this desing which is again, nice details. It could also being a mix on doing this and putting the emphasis on the yellow road.

The fact that it;s in 3d will be very interesting. Lots of background and foreground elements so I can't wait to see how it looks. In fact, for sticker star, I welcome the stage choice. That was a great idea to do it so I don't even care what games it comes from, what matters is the stage itself.

Now, S.S. Flavion (not Flavio):

The overall design is the same as Hither Thither Hill. It might not be obvious for the water, but on closer look, it;s the same simple shape pattern repeated over and over like TTYD. This is the ocean design, not normal water. It's the logo appearance and the chapter 5 cutscene and the scene at the ending. The only difference I see is the shade of colors due to the sunset, but there was also a similar effect in TTYD. I might think they put a little too much, but it makes the scene pretrier imo.

I don't recall seeing a wave like this, but it seems to have its place in the design by being simple.

For the sky, It's pretty much perfect. Even the little grey things was kept that is very carefull details. The sun is so good with the borders. I really like the shape of it and I even think it was the same in TTYD. Color is very unified and almost the same so another good point here.

The blooper is clearly from TTYD. You can even see his back side a little. It;s really obvious that it;s almost like source material being a DIY. What interests me is that he has 2 tentacles out and we know that it's his main attack along with black ink. So I suppose it;s likely to use his tentacles as hazards which could change the angle of the ship or directly slap the fighters, but he may use the ink. I would love to see him spits ink on the screen as distraction, but it would have to be a very low rate due to convenience. By it's look, it seems like the blooper isn't noving, but is fixed. I don't see any movement in his pose so I guess it should be the same for the ship which would mean that hazards by its angle would be the best possibility and most likely.

For the ship, It's a perfect replica. I see no inconsistencies and the design was detailed. Maybe the platforms was added, for for convenience. The top of it is even the same along with it;s bottom color pattern. Same goes for the shape and basically everything, but the platforms. The thing that seems off is the (how do you call this? blanket thing?), they are open wide like wind making the ship move. It can't be moving if the blooper doesn't so it just seems weird to see this, but I still think it's fixed position. If it's an hazard by angle, the 3 little platform would be dangerous to stand on. You could get blown easily.

What impresses me the most about the stage is the background. It;s just beautiful to look and seems relaxing. Overall, good details and mysterious hazard that I can't wait to know what it does.

That's all. If you liked it, I may add this in the OP with explanations by images with editing. It's very great with hoe much they put effort on it, but I don't think we've seen all of it yet so I hope to learn more soon.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Tattle for :gw:

"Look, it's Nintendo's very first character. You must be honoured to be fighting such a historical figure. Nobody has appeared in more games than Mr. Game and Watch and who knows, he might even be older than you, not you Mario, they know who I mean.

He's also 2D just like you, but don't let that make you think he's weak. Game and Watch packs a punch and his aerial game is very good."

Tattle for :mario:

"Wait, who is that!? Mario, why are you over there? Wait! I know who this is, you remember Twilight Town? Doopliss fooled us all and made us think he was you! Yeah sorry about that…This time his disguise isn't as good, he's so much chubbier than you Mario. Time for us to get our revenge!"

Hope you enjoyed reading these, sorry if they aren't as good as SpaceJell0's.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

"Look, it's Nintendo's very first character. You must be honoured to be fighting such a historical figure. Nobody has appeared in more games than Mr. Game and Watch and who knows, he might even be older than you, not you Mario, they know who I mean.

He's also 2D just like you, but don't let that make you think he's weak. Game and Watch packs a punch and his aerial game is very good."

"Wait, who is that!? Mario, why are you over there? Wait! I know who this is, you remember Twilight Town? Doopliss fooled us all and made us think he was you! Yeah sorry about that…This time his disguise isn't as good, he's so much chubbier than you Mario. Time for us to get our revenge!"

No they are

Tough, I would love anything that has her finding things that bothers her because those are the bests (and 4th wall jokes). Like finding awkward the miis or questioning the numbers of link's arrows.

Stuff like that, but tattle of himself HAS to be her complaining about his name. She always almost rant when a name isn't creative.

EDIT:

This one is the best:

That's a Swooper.
<wait 250>
I bet they call it that 'cause
of the way it swoops around.
<k>
<p>
<wait 250><dynamic 3>
Wow!<wait 250> That's some AWESOME
naming work. <wait 250>Seriously!
</dynamic><wait 250>
It's <dynamic 3><wait 100>pure naming genius!!!
</dynamic>
<k>
<p>
So,<wait 100> anyway...
<k>
<p>
Max HP is 6, Attack is 3,
and Defense is 0.<wait 300> Says here
it hangs from the ceiling.
<k>
<p>
If you can just damage it, it
oughta drop off the ceiling.
<wait 300>
And then you can whack it!
<k>

Just to show how much she cares about names. Toon link works too.

Last edited:

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Tattle for :toonlink:

"That's link, but he's smaller, lighter and looks like he's stepped straight from a cartoon. I wonder what I should call him...

Wait, how about Toon Link? I'm not just a pretty face you know that Mario? I also know how to name things.

Anyway, he's lighter and weaker than Link but don't let him come from above and drop that sword from above. You might get a paper cut."

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Tattle for Peach

Omigosh! That our beloved Princess Peach! Or rather a weird, 3D version of her. That's kinda disturbing...
Wait... You're going to FIGHT her? Why? You always try to RESCUE her! Talk about inconsistency...
Anyways, if that clash is necessary, be extra careful of her Turnips. If she's Lucky she can pull out a special one that could do, like, up to 35 DAMAGE! That's whopping. And scary. Oh, and she can also float.
But are you sure you want to fight her? Really?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I reread the posts about the stages and I tough about something I completely forgot.

There's so much mario stages on 3ds now that this one would be more Paper Mario than Mario. After I analysed it, it's clear how different it is anyway so it helps.

It's like that mario got their stages already. Again, gives me hope (when will that direct happen I'm impatient now?).

As for TTYD, since I really want to play slowly for texts, I'm at hooktail entrance and I will do a full playtrough.

Tattle for Peach

Omigosh! That our beloved Princess Peach! Or rather a weird, 3D version of her. That's kinda disturbing...
Wait... You're going to FIGHT her? Why? You always try to RESCUE her! Talk about inconsistency...
Anyways, if that clash is necessary, be extra careful of her Turnips. If she's Lucky she can pull out a special one that could do, like, up to 35 DAMAGE! That's whopping. And scary. Oh, and she can also float.
But are you sure you want to fight her? Really?
I love that approach :)

If there's enough ideas, maybe I'll add its own section in the OP, but that's only if. I don't think I'm good for creating such text.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
If Paper Mario makes it in as a playable character I'll flip the dimensions.

The only thing I want from Sticker Star in his moveset is for his A combo to be the sandal.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Tattle for :4bowser:

"Mario, look! It's your arch nemesis, Bowser. He looks a bit different to usual, I wonder what poorly defended object he's stolen to gain more power this time…

Anyway, I checked the rumour board and read that after two mediocre appearances in the last two Smash games, Bowser has been training hard. Watch out for his new move, Bowser Bomb. If he catches you with it in the air or on the edge, he's gonna take you down with him. Try not to get burnt by his fiery breath now!"

Tattle for :4myfriends:

"That's Ike. Hp is 50, Attack is 9 and Defence is… wait. Sorry, wrong game.

That's Ike, he carries Ragnell, the two handed sword, with one hand. His strength is unparalleled. However, due to the weight of his sword, he is quite slow. His sword also produces flames, reminds me of another, forgotten, swordsman…"

Tattle for :4lucina:

"Lucina joins the brawl!? Wait, why is that a question…

Anyway, Lucina is the daughter of Chrom, the king of Elyse. An expert swordswoman, she represented the West Khan in the Arena Ferox. Lucina traveled in time to save her kingdom. An inspiring story indeed. Her father is highly protective of her, however, strangely, is nowhere to be found right now. Where do you think he ended up Mario?"

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999

Don't worry young one, you will learn :troll:

I am just loving all these tattles! Gives me so much nostalgia! I really hope something like this is in the game!

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Don't worry young one, you will learn :troll:

I am just loving all these tattles! Gives me so much nostalgia! I really hope something like this is in the game!
Doing my best to learn from the master, but thanks :).

Trying to fit in as many references into the tattles as I possibly can (cookie for all the references in the last post).

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Here are a few more tattle logs for Goombella!

Charizard
:4charizard:
Charizard's Tattle Log:
"Woah! That's Charizard! THE COOLEST FIRE TYPE POKEMON EVER!...Sorry.
It has a super weird mix of heavy weight and surprising speed on the ground while having a similar weird mix of hard-hitting and quick attacks! Also watch out for his Mega Evolution! He turns into a Fire/Dragon Type!
You know what? Why don't you try playing cricket sounds when it- oh wait...sorry it reminded me of another dragon we fought before...actually several dragons we fought before."

Yoshi
:4yoshi:
Yoshi's Tattle Log:
"Hey! Is that our little Yoshi we hatched in Glitzville?!...Oh I don't think he is our Yoshi...awkward...
This Yoshi has an average weight and possesses similar Flutter Jump, Egg Throw, and Gulp Attacks. When he gets the Smash Ball he...TURNS INTO A DRAGON?! How can something soooooo cute be super terrifying?!
Ugh I hate these kinds of surprises! Sorta like the time we were tricked into- whoops! Don't want to spoil anything for these nice players out there!...Whaddya mean you don't know who I'm talking to?
Absolutely love these! Charizard is my favorite Pokémon and I really like the references you made!
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 you should add a Tattle Log section to the OP :grin:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
If Paper Mario makes it in as a playable character I'll flip the dimensions.

The only thing I want from Sticker Star in his moveset is for his A combo to be the sandal.
I think that while it sure is not the best Paper Mario (TTYD forever), Sticker Star deserves to be at least a little more present in a potential moveset for Paper Mario. For example, I'd love to see some Thing stickers in his moveset.

Here is a Moveset I once made for Paper Mario for fun.
NB with every hammer attack, the hammer is randomized etween the hammer (common), the super hammer (uncommon) and the ultrahammer (like, really rare) from ttyd. Of course, the ultrahammer is far more potent than the super hammer, etc.

Neutral A: Hammer. A small combo of some plain hammer swings.
Forward A: Bow: Lady Bow slaps opponents with her trademark fan. Good for combos.
Up A: Thudley: Mario Summons Thudley the Pixl that ground pounds over opponetns. Powerful but kinda laggy.
Down A: Spike Helmet: Mario uses the spike Helmet sticker and gets the spike hurts every opponent that comes from above.

NAir: Multibounce: If used on an opponent, launches PM upwards and meteor smashes the opponent. Otherwise, it will not be useful, save for slowing PM's fall for a tad.
Uair: Watt: Summons Watt above his head. Watt electifies opponents. A move that is both powerful and fast.
Fair: Flashlight: Uses the Flashlight thing from Sticker Star. Charges up with time. When fully charged, the flashlight can stun grounded enemies (like a shield break) or renders aerial foes helpless. Otherwise, it does some minor damage.
Dair: Basin: Throws the Basin Thing from Sticker Star downwards. A powerful projectile to say the least.
Bair:Gale Force: Flurries blows strong gusts of Wind behind Mario and pushes opponents aways. Useful for edgeguarding but not a damaging move.

Grab: Thoreau: Mario launches the Thoreau Pixl from SPM and the latter catches the opponent.
Pummel: Mario summons Kersti while she hits the opponents with her spikes.
FThrow:Billard Ball: Hits with the Billard Ball thing from Sticker Star that send opponents flying. The ball continues Rolling so it is also a rather potent projectile. One of the only projectile throws.
BThrow: Hammer punch: Mario hits the Opponent with his hammer backward. Similar to Dedede's.
UThrow: Uses the little Yoshi from TTYD that kicks the opponents upwards.
DThrow: Power Bounces: PM jumps on the enemy several times. Just like in the original Paper Mario games, if the Player press the A button at the right times, PM jumps on Mario more times.

Side Smash: Hammer Throw: the badge from TTYD. Mario throws his hammer, and the distance covered gets longer the longer the button is held.
Up Smash: Hurlhammer: the Sticker from Sticker Star. He throws it upwards with tremendous force (enough to throw it out of the screen)and some time later, the hammer gets back down. The longer the button is held, the bigger the hammer wil be once it comes down.
Down Smash: Shell Toss. Mario summons either Koops or Kooper and the latter uses shell toss.

Neutral B: Barry: Mario uses Barry to counter any projectile. It also damages opponents. Similar to Nayru's love.
Up B: Lakilester + Plane: Lakilester carries Paper Mario upwards for a short times and then, PM folds into a plain and can gain some horizontal recovery. Loosely similar to Mr. Game & Watch's Up B.
Down B: Explode: Mario uses Bombette or Bobbery. The living bomb then starts to walk around for a bit before exploding.
Side B: Tidal Wave: Mario Summons Sushi, and the latter launches a big Stream of water toward enemies.

Shield/ Dodge: Mario uses Slim to Flip and become untangible. (Or Dottie so he shrinks instantly, disappearing.)

Final Smash: Too much possibilities. My favorite being Supernova, from TTYD;
Taunt 1: Kersti flies around Mario.
Taunt 2: Tippi orr Tiptron get on Mario's hat like in their sleeping animaion in SPM.
Taunt 3: Mario does the "victorious battle" pose from one of the games. My favorite being TTYD.
Special Taunt: Goombella Tattle. Of course.

Hope this pleases you guys :D

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I wake up to receive 3 tattles (one is just so freaking hilarious) and a moveset.

I love how it went since Tuesday :)

@ Paper Maribro Paper Maribro , I love those tattles, BUT THE IKE ONE IS ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!! Really, that was an awesome joke along with the Lucina one (I know it's sadist, but the trailer was worse honestly).

As for adding a new section, I received good enough to make one after I updated the chance and stage section today. What I want to know is where do you want it placed? I tough about between stage and music, but if you want it elsewhere, just tell why with a short explanation. I know that s far, there's a few, but honestly, quality over quantity because some are just too good.

If it can hype me to read them, I'm sure it'll hype readers.

I think that while it sure is not the best Paper Mario (TTYD forever), Sticker Star deserves to be at least a little more present in a potential moveset for Paper Mario. For example, I'd love to see some Thing stickers in his moveset.

Here is a Moveset I once made for Paper Mario for fun.
NB with every hammer attack, the hammer is randomized etween the hammer (common), the super hammer (uncommon) and the ultrahammer (like, really rare) from ttyd. Of course, the ultrahammer is far more potent than the super hammer, etc.

Neutral A: Hammer. A small combo of some plain hammer swings.
Forward A: Bow: Lady Bow slaps opponents with her trademark fan. Good for combos.
Up A: Thudley: Mario Summons Thudley the Pixl that ground pounds over opponetns. Powerful but kinda laggy.
Down A: Spike Helmet: Mario uses the spike Helmet sticker and gets the spike hurts every opponent that comes from above.

NAir: Multibounce: If used on an opponent, launches PM upwards and meteor smashes the opponent. Otherwise, it will not be useful, save for slowing PM's fall for a tad.
Uair: Watt: Summons Watt above his head. Watt electifies opponents. A move that is both powerful and fast.
Fair: Flashlight: Uses the Flashlight thing from Sticker Star. Charges up with time. When fully charged, the flashlight can stun grounded enemies (like a shield break) or renders aerial foes helpless. Otherwise, it does some minor damage.
Dair: Basin: Throws the Basin Thing from Sticker Star downwards. A powerful projectile to say the least.
Bair:Gale Force: Flurries blows strong gusts of Wind behind Mario and pushes opponents aways. Useful for edgeguarding but not a damaging move.

Grab: Thoreau: Mario launches the Thoreau Pixl from SPM and the latter catches the opponent.
Pummel: Mario summons Kersti while she hits the opponents with her spikes.
FThrow:Billard Ball: Hits with the Billard Ball thing from Sticker Star that send opponents flying. The ball continues Rolling so it is also a rather potent projectile. One of the only projectile throws.
BThrow: Hammer punch: Mario hits the Opponent with his hammer backward. Similar to Dedede's.
UThrow: Uses the little Yoshi from TTYD that kicks the opponents upwards.
DThrow: Power Bounces: PM jumps on the enemy several times. Just like in the original Paper Mario games, if the Player press the A button at the right times, PM jumps on Mario more times.

Side Smash: Hammer Throw: the badge from TTYD. Mario throws his hammer, and the distance covered gets longer the longer the button is held.
Up Smash: Hurlhammer: the Sticker from Sticker Star. He throws it upwards with tremendous force (enough to throw it out of the screen)and some time later, the hammer gets back down. The longer the button is held, the bigger the hammer wil be once it comes down.
Down Smash: Shell Toss. Mario summons either Koops or Kooper and the latter uses shell toss.

Neutral B: Barry: Mario uses Barry to counter any projectile. It also damages opponents. Similar to Nayru's love.
Up B: Lakilester + Plane: Lakilester carries Paper Mario upwards for a short times and then, PM folds into a plain and can gain some horizontal recovery. Loosely similar to Mr. Game & Watch's Up B.
Down B: Explode: Mario uses Bombette or Bobbery. The living bomb then starts to walk around for a bit before exploding.
Side B: Tidal Wave: Mario Summons Sushi, and the latter launches a big Stream of water toward enemies.

Shield/ Dodge: Mario uses Slim to Flip and become untangible. (Or Dottie so he shrinks instantly, disappearing.)

Final Smash: Too much possibilities. My favorite being Supernova, from TTYD;
Taunt 1: Kersti flies around Mario.
Taunt 2: Tippi orr Tiptron get on Mario's hat like in their sleeping animaion in SPM.
Taunt 3: Mario does the "victorious battle" pose from one of the games. My favorite being TTYD.
Special Taunt: Goombella Tattle. Of course.

Hope this pleases you guys :D
Added to the OP. It's good as always. You really make me think that I should do this without swap moveset soon.

I wonder about one thing: what if he's not exactly called Paper Mario? In ssbb, olimar was simply Olimar, but in ssb4, it's olimar & pikmin. Same goes for Rosalina & Luma. What I wonder is should he be called Paper Mario or something like Paper Mario & partners or Paper Mario & co?

Because not only it will add a distinction, but also be more

Tough, I think it would be fine with just Paper Mario, but I wonder what you think.

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I wake up to receive 3 tattles (one is just so freaking hilarious) and a moveset.

I love how it went since Tuesday :)

@ Paper Maribro Paper Maribro , I love those tattles, BUT THE IKE ONE IS ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!! Really, that was an awesome joke along with the Lucina one (I know it's sadist, but the trailer was worse honestly).

As for adding a new section, I received good enough to make one after I updated the chance and stage section today. What I want to know is where do you want it placed? I tough about between stage and music, but if you want it elsewhere, just tell why with a short explanation. I know that s far, there's a few, but honestly, quality over quantity because some are just too good.

If it can hype me to read them, I'm sure it'll hype readers.

Added to the OP. It's good as always. You really make me think that I should do this without swap moveset soon.

I wonder about one thing: what if he's not exactly called Paper Mario? In ssbb, olimar was simply Olimar, but in ssb4, it's olimar & pikmin. Same goes for Rosalina & Luma. What I wonder is should he be called Paper Mario or something like Paper Mario & partners or Paper Mario & co?

Because not only it will add a distinction, but also be more

Tough, I think it would be fine with just Paper Mario, but I wonder what you think.
I think we would only get "Paper Mario". It mostly depends of whever PM gets random partners that can do many attacks or if a Partner is assigned to a particular move (for example Watt as an Up Throw). In the first case, we could have something like "Paper Marie & Cie". But in the second case, it would be utterly surprising if we got something else than just "Paper Mario".

Top Bottom