• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Thinner character, bigger appeal!" Paper Mario for SSB4; Thread migration soon!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did up the following mock-up logo for Paper Mario...

It's supposed to be based on Paper Mario's generic hammer...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Looks great! A hammer icon does look suitable for him. Hopefully he gets that instead of the Mushroom icon if he does become playable.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Down B: Partner Swap
One of four partners follows Mario. A hit can cause the partner to burst into stars and quickly reappear behind Mario. Down B swaps one partner for another quickly.

B: Partner's Special Move

Goombella: She jumps high in the air toward the near opponent, flips upside down, and falls with homing ability toward her target. If she connects, she springs back in the air (although not as high) and repeats her attack. She can be knocked away with an attack.

Koops: Mario jumps on the koopa, sending him in his shell a set distance forward. He then spins in place for two seconds. Can be suspended in the air. At the end he bursts into stars and appears behind Paper Mario.

Madame Flurrie: Chargeable. Mario squeezes her causing her to blow a gust of wind. Deflects projectiles, puts out fire, and can move foes.

Admiral Bo-Omb: Mario kicks him forward. He can do damage and bounce. When he is stationary, he flashes red for seven seconds and then explodes. High attack and knock back. Cannot swap partners when he is out.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Something has been bugging me with Paper Mario lately. Seeing as Paper Mario is a flat character like Mr. Game & Watch, it's likely that he will be very lightweight. Has anyone ever had this thought?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Something has been bugging me with Paper Mario lately. Seeing as Paper Mario is a flat character like Mr. Game & Watch, it's likely that he will be very lightweight. Has anyone ever had this thought?
It's pretty must expected that he would be a light weight character due to being basically a living drawing. In fact I mentioned him being lighter then Mario in the first post.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Being a huge Paper Mario fanatic, he definitely should be in the next installment. He has huge potential and can be very unique and different from Mario if Sakurai and his team just set their minds to it.

And I'm surprised many people realize how overlooked he is due to Bowser Jr. and Toad; I thought I was the only one.

Here's a moveset I made a year ago for him: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308912
It's relatively old and I don't feel like changing it up.

Plus, I don't feel Paper Mario should be represented as a Mario character, since he can be unique. So that means people like Toad, Bowser Jr. or Rosalina still can be another character added since Paper Mario doesn't have to be considered a Mario character (like others have said, he should represent his own series with hammer being his symbol).

Ginamudkipz

Smash Cadet
This awesome character would not be a clone! Entire unique move sets! partner possiblity like the ice climber! but switchable! And if i take brawl as an example, they put in toon link because he had many games under his belt, paper mario is a sure bet. Epic games means, epic newcomer

D

Deleted member

Paper Mario would make an awesome addition. In regards to Mario newcomers, he's above Toad in how much I want him and below Geno. It's also rather interesting that Sakurai seems to like alternate characters, doing it with Dr. Mario and Toon Link. I could easily see Sakurai giving Paper Mario serious consideration for a playable status.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Some notable skills that paper mario could use in smash.
Hammer Throw, possibly as a distance move like yoshi's egg toss.
Spin jump, Its like ground pound, but he spins. Any one who remembers the first game would like this.
Hammer twist, he bends his paper body to get massive twist which lets him to a power swirl with the hammer
hammer quake
Multibouce, ability to continuously jump on an enemy as long as action commands follow.
Lets not forget his partners, Kooper shell toss, Admiral bobbery exploding, Bow invisibility (stationary), Parrikarry slight flying.
Star Beam, Final smash maybe?
Great addition. I voted for him in super smash bros fan's game.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Paper Mario's my #1 most wanted.

I would like to see an original moveset mainly based around his paper powers (like turning sideways to avoid attacks, his signature spin, turning into an airplane/boat ect.) and using his hammer. Not a fan of partners being in his moveset. I see him being more like game and watch than mario, really.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Man how cool would a Paper stage be? The whole thing could fold and become something new!
They could do that, what if it alternated between the paper mario boss fights? It could start at peaches castle, flip to koopa bros castle, then tutankoopa's chamber, a collapsed version of tubba blubba's castle, The toy box, The bottom of the volcano, Huff n Puffs cloud, That peak where you fight the ice king, and then bowser's spinning circle stage.
Or it could take a stationary approach, in this case my favorite choice would be shadow queens chamber.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
They could do that, what if it alternated between the paper mario boss fights? It could start at peaches castle, flip to koopa bros castle, then tutankoopa's chamber, a collapsed version of tubba blubba's castle, The toy box, The bottom of the volcano, Huff n Puffs cloud, That peak where you fight the ice king, and then bowser's spinning circle stage.
Or it could take a stationary approach, in this case my favorite choice would be shadow queens chamber.
It wouldn't be anything that crazy. Plus it would certainly be some kind of stage from Paper Mario: Sticker Star. I'd imagine Toad Town would be the ideal location to build a stage around, if only because it is a recurring area with large enough significance to the series.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
It wouldn't be anything that crazy. Plus it would certainly be some kind of stage from Paper Mario: Sticker Star. I'd imagine Toad Town would be the ideal location to build a stage around, if only because it is a recurring area with large enough significance to the series.
We have enough town based levels, if it will be from sticker star, then make it either the final battle place, or just the battle place of a super iconic battle. (like first battle or in paper mario last fight with Koopa Jr.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Paper Mario has definitely got to be one of the best ideas for a new character.
The potential is endless, given enough imagination. :D

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Papaer Mario for the 3DS is coming out November 11th! Get ready guys! :D Pumped!~

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I've been thinking that now Toad Town has returned, it should be a Paper Mario stage if we get one.
I agree with this point right here. That would make the most sense. That or the "battle stage" where you fight in the (traditional RPG) Paper Mario series entries.
Yeah, he'd probably be light, but have some great offensive combos and incredible recovery. However, Paper Mario would probably have better defense than Mr. Game and Watch. Possibly Paper Mario could be have defense like Jigglypuff, although probably more ground-based.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Paper Mario is in my top 3 characters for SSB4, along with Shulk and Ghirahim. Paper Mario has such potential for a unique moveset, that it would be ridiculous if he was a clone of Mario. There are hardly any similarities between Mario and Paper Mario in their games, besides the design of the clothes they wear.

With all of the partners he has accumulated throughout the series, and the items he uses (such as the hammer), the idea that someone would think he is clone worthy is a fool. And i mean that in the nicest way lol. Imagine his final smash! It could be one of the Star Attacks from TTYD, or a use of the star rod.

Or we could all be wrong and it would be something from the new game. Either way, i'm definitely convinced that he is a great candidate. This has my vote!

And also, while Bowser Jr. and Toad have potential, Paper Mario is a character with growing popularity. Toad, while he has had his roles in the Mario games, is truly just a generic character, as in there are more than one of him. Bowser Jr. is better than Toad imo, but still not at the potential of Paper Mario as far as a unique moveset. Bowser Jr. could use the graffiti staff from Mario Sunshine, but other than that, i can see some of his moves being similar to Bowser, such as the recovery move. (And could you imagine Bowser Jr. with the same design as bowser from brawl? ewww...)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Paper Mario is in my top 3 characters for SSB4, along with Shulk and Ghirahim. Paper Mario has such potential for a unique moveset, that it would be ridiculous if he was a clone of Mario. There are hardly any similarities between Mario and Paper Mario in their games, besides the design of the clothes they wear.

With all of the partners he has accumulated throughout the series, and the items he uses (such as the hammer), the idea that someone would think he is clone worthy is a fool. And i mean that in the nicest way lol. Imagine his final smash! It could be one of the Star Attacks from TTYD, or a use of the star rod.

Or we could all be wrong and it would be something from the new game. Either way, i'm definitely convinced that he is a great candidate. This has my vote!

And also, while Bowser Jr. and Toad have potential, Paper Mario is a character with growing popularity. Toad, while he has had his roles in the Mario games, is truly just a generic character, as in there are more than one of him. Bowser Jr. is better than Toad imo, but still not at the potential of Paper Mario as far as a unique moveset. Bowser Jr. could use the graffiti staff from Mario Sunshine, but other than that, i can see some of his moves being similar to Bowser, such as the recovery move. (And could you imagine Bowser Jr. with the same design as bowser from brawl? ewww...)
Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Yoshi, and ROB say hi. I mean, I agree that PM is by no means clone material, but the "generic" thing by no means stops Toad.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Yoshi, and ROB say hi. I mean, I agree that PM is by no means clone material, but the "generic" thing by no means stops Toad.
Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Yoshi are a little different than the others, but i see your point. Pikachu is the symbol of The Pokemon series in the US, Jigglypuff moreso for Japan (i think i saw that somewhere, dont quote me on that!) Yoshi has had his own games, and for the most part is his own character. I could see Toad as more of an assist trophy, leading a horde of other Toads across the stage trampling people. I just dont think he would have a good moveset.

I do see the flaw in my argument though. I'm not shooting down anybody's character ideas, (believe me, i've had my share) i just see Paper Mario being an overall more interesting character than the other two

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Paperize it Sakurai please!

So I was thinking, Paper Mario will use his moveset from Paper Mario 64, Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door, Super Paper Mario or from upcoming tittle: Paper Matio Sticker Star?

Or even a mix up from all tittles

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I wish I had a 3DS :c
That's one of the only games I would want on it.
Oh... that's... that is tragic.

I'll tell you how good it is at least. :awesome:

Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Yoshi are a little different than the others, but i see your point. Pikachu is the symbol of The Pokemon series in the US, Jigglypuff moreso for Japan (i think i saw that somewhere, dont quote me on that!) Yoshi has had his own games, and for the most part is his own character. I could see Toad as more of an assist trophy, leading a horde of other Toads across the stage trampling people. I just dont think he would have a good moveset.

I do see the flaw in my argument though. I'm not shooting down anybody's character ideas, (believe me, i've had my share) i just see Paper Mario being an overall more interesting character than the other two
No, no, you make good points. The Pokemon are entirely unlike Toad, of which they are the icons of the series they represent. Yoshi has his own series, again setting him apart from Toad's level of genericness. ROB is well, a special case for obvious reasons, so I wouldn't equate him to Toad's level either. That being said, I'm not saying he can't get in, and that he isn't the absolute most generic thing because sometimes he is treated as a singular character in the Mario series, but it definitely goes to show that there is little representative necessity for Toad. Honestly, the only thing I'd find interesting about his representation is that we would then have all four of the playable characters in SMB2. :laugh: But then again, how much is that worth in Sakurai's eyes? Sakurai-sama works in mysterious ways.

Definitely agree Paper Mario is superior on all levels, I like your tastes. :D

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just want to say that Toad had his own game as well. He fought Wario in the game Wario's Woods, iirc. But yeah, I'm by no means denouncing Paper Mario, just putting my thoughts out there. :p

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
I think if Paper Mario makes it in, pretty much everything he does will be based off Sticker Star. It's just that it will be the most recent installment. Maybe they'll incorporate things from TTYD and SPM, but I think it'll pretty much be all SS stuff, so we can't predict much until it comes out.

However, I, being more a fan of Mario platformers than RPGs, had some ideas about a Paper Mario using Pixls from SPM.
Grab - Thoreau shoots out and grabs, works as a tether.
Neutral B - something to do with flipping into 3d, haven't worked out exactly what.
Down B - Places Boomer, the bomb. Unlike SPM, in SSB4, I think you could be able to pick him up after placement and throw him.
Side B - Maybe Slim or Carrie? I don't know.
Up B - Not sure yet.
Side smash - Uses Cudge and hammers anything next to him.
Down smash - Thudley appears next to PM as they use Ground Pound together.

Since it'll be a while until SSB4 comes out, I wouldn't expect any of these to be in that game with Paper Mario, except maybe Thoreau as a grab/tether.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'd love Paper Mario to be a playable character in SSB4. There's not too many I'm totally stoked up for hoping for. But Paper Mario is one I'd be pretty happy to see included. Especially with an all unique moveset based on the games. There's so much unique potential.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Oh... that's... that is tragic.

I'll tell you how good it is at least. :awesome:

No, no, you make good points. The Pokemon are entirely unlike Toad, of which they are the icons of the series they represent. Yoshi has his own series, again setting him apart from Toad's level of genericness. ROB is well, a special case for obvious reasons, so I wouldn't equate him to Toad's level either. That being said, I'm not saying he can't get in, and that he isn't the absolute most generic thing because sometimes he is treated as a singular character in the Mario series, but it definitely goes to show that there is little representative necessity for Toad. Honestly, the only thing I'd find interesting about his representation is that we would then have all four of the playable characters in SMB2. :laugh: But then again, how much is that worth in Sakurai's eyes? Sakurai-sama works in mysterious ways.

Definitely agree Paper Mario is superior on all levels, I like your tastes. :D
Thank you! =D i have also noticed we seem to have similar tastes. I looked into the Ghirahim thread you made, and i love it! Ghirahim is one of my top choices because he is different from Ganondorf, the main villain of the franchise. This is because i feel the series needs a bit of something different within the new characters instead of just same old same old stuff.

But enough about that, i like the idea of using 3d mode for Paper Mario in smash, but i think a final smash would make more sense. He could attack the opponents at that angle without them being able to hurt him. But i think his final smash will be something related to Sticker Star. We shall see

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
Not jumping the gun here, but if Paper Mario represents his own series, then I think Paper Luigi could fit as a rep for him. Just saying

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
i dont really see why everyone thinks that Waluigi, Daisy, and Toad have more potential as a character than Paper Mario. Waluigi and Daisy for the most part are spin off characters. Waluigi is seen as Wario's partner in crime, so seeing him as a seperate franchise from Wario would get rid of that connection within the game.

Daisy isnt all that different from Peach, and Toad is a servant of the princess who cant even defeat a goomba to protect her. so the idea that he could fight Bowser in Smash Bros is crazy.

This would leave (at least to me) Bowser Jr and Paper Mario. Not that the other characters dont have a chance, but they are really outdone as far as characterization suitability. By that i mean, their character is good for the type of game smash bros is. This is for the most part purely my opinion, mixed with facts. Sorry if i offended anybody but thats how i feel about the Mario characters with support for Smash 4

pokémoneinstein

Smash Cadet
I posted this in the general Mario newcomer thread, but it fits better here:

"I made a Paper Mario moveset and more a while ago. I figure I might as well post it.

Notes: Many of these animations will only be understood if you’ve played the games. I’m not going to try to create an entire moveset for him, just the major animations, attacks, etc. I may expand it later on, but for now, that’s what it is. I may update my moveset after I’ve played Paper Mario 3D quite a bit, but not now.

[COLLAPSE="Specials"]B - Hammer: Nothing fancy. Just uses the hammer. It would function sort of like G&W’s Judgement attack, but with a 12% chance of sticking the opponent into the ground, like DK’s B>.

B> - Koops/Kooper: Jumps on a Koopa shell, sending it forward for a bit before it comes back. It acts like a regular other Koopa Shell in the series, otherwise. It would switch between Koops and Kooper. I don’t really like this one as much. I’m trying to think of a better one. I was thinking TTYD’s Tube Mode could work, but it’d be too much like Yoshi’s egg, Jigglypuff’s Rollout, Sonic’s Spin Dash, etc.

B^ - Plane Mode: Turns into a paper plane (TTYD’s Plane Mode) and flies around. It would act a lot like PK Thunder, except you ARE the object flying around. Obviously, after a short while, you’ll return to normal and become immobile until you land/die

Bv - Ground Pound: He does a ground pound, much like Yoshi and Bowser. Pretty self-explanatory. Of course, he’d do the Paper Mario ground pound animation.

Final Smash - Sweet Treat: Acts much like the Sweet Treat ability did. Instead of +1HP targets, there would be -5% and -10%. And instead of +1FP, the falling tiles will have pictures of the faces of all the fighters on the field (including yourself). Shooting a character’s tile essentially does the same to that fighter as if they were hit by one of the missiles from Snake’s FS. It would be neat if the character tiles had Paper Mario styled pictures of their faces. When using Sweet Treat, Paper Mario would stay on the field, but all players would freeze. Paper Mario would have his arms raised, and the screen would darken a bit, just like in the games. After being hit, the players would obviously go flying and eventually fall, but their controllers would still do nothing.[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Animations"]Swimming: Goes into TTYD’s Boat Mode. When he’s drowning, the boat could get darker and soggy.

Rolling Dodge: Same animation as if you press Z to dash in the Paper Mario games
Stationary Dodge: TTYD’s Paper Mode

Shield: Could either be a regular SSB shield, with a certain animation, looking sort of like this (http://tinyurl.com/3vop9g9), but with an arm raised to make it look a bit more defensive. It could also be Paper Mario using Barry, from SPM, or it could just be a regular shield with his action command block animation.

Taunt 1: Wags his finger and nods his head, like after he’s won a Battle in Paper Mario 1&2

Taunt 2: Does a Tornado Jump

Taunt 3: Twink flies out from behind him (much like Link’s fairy in Brawl) and winks at Paper Mario, who nods happily just before Twink goes back to Paper Mario’s pocket, or where the hell they go.[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Miscellaneous"]Sounds effects for various moves would have a 50% chance of their regular sound, while the remaining 50% would be split up between the various SFX Badges’ sounds.

Victory Theme: An orchestrated, probably slightly longer version of the victory theme from the original Paper Mario.

Snake Codec: Snake tried to call Otacon, only to find that his channel has been hacked by Paper Mario, who’s in the midst of a conversation with Goombario/Goombella/Tippi (Chosen at random). It wouldn’t be voiced, but rather PM-styled text on the screen to read. They use their Tattle ability (each character saying something different about Snake for their different personalities), while Paper Mario makes his classic “mhm” sounds and nods. All the while, Snake’s trying to interrupt, saying things like, “Hey! What are you guys doing? What’s going on here?” But the two don’t seem to notice him.

Icon: http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4411/mario0.png. The real one would obviously look much better, this is pretty rough.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Music for the Glitz Pit stage"]1) TTYD Main Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BiJafjeZ7E
2) Toad Town: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebWmhBaFdPY
3) Flipside: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xFPpemupBY
4) Koopa Bros. Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNZq_0kvtxk
5) Rawk Hawk Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvoaVFLwOgs
6) Francis' Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC029718CcQ
7) Lineland Road: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Xs2VkuiIg

8) Rogueport Medley:
- Rogueport: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npBr340yjNU
- Rogueport Sewers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaJ1WdrBvRwa

9) Glitzville Medley. In no particular order:
- Glitzville: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUHl_ctUSjI
- Chubba's Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N69kQt2RPzQ
- Glitz Pit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fjFAtQ9JpE
- Mystery of the Glitz Pit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H95vyr-0-Fw

10) Battle Medley. In no particular order:
- Regular (PM): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh5Lh2gTwpg
- Jr. Troopa: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWi67T9mNXM
- Miniboss (PM): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oESlnJtSfP0
- Regular (TTYD): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwA1lMIAmsY
- Miniboss (TTYD): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmekqwH6cc0
- Magnus Von Grapple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MItOY9_p5GY

11) Character Theme Medley. In no particular order:
- Professor Frankly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxIVDen7A6I
- Ms. Mowz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iIfHAIj2RQ
- Punies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRCljq4xCjE
- Shadow Sirens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVXGQYiBoio
- TEC / Peach: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYLFe9bX6So
- Bowser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-ApeT7K-Eg
- Mr. L: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ryLkTFuRrU
- Count Bleck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3r7AC2Pf3c[/COLLAPSE]

What do you think?"

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I wouldn't even mind if Paper Mario were his own series rep. Paper Mario is essentially the Toon Link of Mario and is part of a great game series. So many different and ridiculous things happen in the Paper Mario stories that could make him and his moveset for Sm4sh unique and amazing. It is a series with a lot of thought put into it, releasing one installment per console, like many of Nintendo's popular franchises. This allows for immense possibilities for stages, and even assist trophy ideas like a side character from the series.

I personally think Paper Mario is overlooked as far as Mario reps are concerned, mainly because of the appearance of the other characters that many are asking for, like Bowser Jr., Toad, Waluigi, etc... Each of those characters has their pros for being in Smash 4, but they also have cons against them, but i wont get into that now because this is a Paper Mario Thread. Paper Mario also has cons, but i dont see them as big as many think.

Sure, he is a reincarnation of Mario, but he is totally different. Paper Mario doesn't do close to anything regular Mario does, besides jump a lot. He wields a hammer most of the time, which Regular Mario doesn't. Throughout his adventures, Paper Mario relies on his sidekicks to help him, which is another way he differs from Mario in that some of his attacks could be using those characters.

Paper Mario is about to be in his fourth self-named game. He is well known character, and has more potential than people believe he does. He has serious competition with Waluigi, Bowser Jr, and Toad, but when comparing and contrasting the chances of one of these guys getting in, the gap between isnt as big, besides fan support.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I wouldn't even mind if Paper Mario were his own series rep. Paper Mario is essentially the Toon Link of Mario and is part of a great game series. So many different and ridiculous things happen in the Paper Mario stories that could make him and his moveset for Sm4sh unique and amazing. It is a series with a lot of thought put into it, releasing one installment per console, like many of Nintendo's popular franchises. This allows for immense possibilities for stages, and even assist trophy ideas like a side character from the series.

I personally think Paper Mario is overlooked as far as Mario reps are concerned, mainly because of the appearance of the other characters that many are asking for, like Bowser Jr., Toad, Waluigi, etc... Each of those characters has their pros for being in Smash 4, but they also have cons against them, but i wont get into that now because this is a Paper Mario Thread. Paper Mario also has cons, but i dont see them as big as many think.

Sure, he is a reincarnation of Mario, but he is totally different. Paper Mario doesn't do close to anything regular Mario does, besides jump a lot. He wields a hammer most of the time, which Regular Mario doesn't. Throughout his adventures, Paper Mario relies on his sidekicks to help him, which is another way he differs from Mario in that some of his attacks could be using those characters.

Paper Mario is about to be in his fourth self-named game. He is well known character, and has more potential than people believe he does. He has serious competition with Waluigi, Bowser Jr, and Toad, but when comparing and contrasting the chances of one of these guys getting in, the gap between isnt as big, besides fan support.
Man, you are my hero!!!

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I don't support paper mario unless he turns into a paper airplane and geno gets in. Then I'm fine.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I prefer Paper Mario over Dr.
Also, if considering that he will be a Mario Universe chacacter (but I believe that he will represent his own series), then he will be my most wanted. After him I want Rosalina.

Man! This realistic look is so cool!:

Plus: This why he can't be a super clone of mario like some people think: he has no legs, just foots!

D

Deleted member

Toon Link had really short legs compared to Link and was still a clone, but only didn't copy kicking attacks. So you can't rule out Paper Mario being a clone solely because of his lack of legs.

Not saying he will be one, but you can't say he can't.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Toon Link had really short legs compared to Link and was still a clone, but only didn't copy kicking attacks. So you can't rule out Paper Mario being a clone solely because of his lack of legs.

Not saying he will be one, but you can't say he can't.
Yes maybe he can be a luigyfied clone, since he can throw fireballs, punch (tough I never see him doing that) and use "jumping" attacks. I agre with your argument, but I really hope for him to not be a clone,semi-clone,luigyfied.. Also, let's wait his upcoming tittle so we can see if he will have more new abilities. LOL

Top Bottom