• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things You Probably Didn't Know About Lucario.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
That glitch corrupts your file.
yeah, like i didn't already delete my old file with the rare candy glitch, 50 level 70 kangaskans in the boxes and some 100+ electrode and some other pokemon. In fact, i named this latest file in a way to get the max level of some pokemon that kick ***.

The name: A,l,D,Y gives you level 244 mewtwos, aerodactyls, and starmies :bee:

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
aw man..I always wanted to try this

Man, I always wanted to try this, making Chuck Norris Facts style with Lucario. Here are the ten I have came up with:

1) Lucario's Aura Sphere is powerful that when two of them collide, it creates a massive nuclear like explosion.
2) Lucario can square root a negative number and get a real number.
3) Lucario gets up everyday, drinks a cup of chocolate milk, and roundhouse kick anyone who tries to screw with him.
4) Lucario is the Pokemon version of Chuck Norris.
5) The most effective way to kill a vampire is to use Lucario's aura.
6) Lucario was once considered to be one of the holy figures of Christianity before Jesus was born.
7) There is no such thing as supervillains, just a list of idiots that Lucario doesn't like.
8) You can run from him, but you can't hide from Lucario, as his aura will sense where you are and tell if you are nice or not.
9) Lucario's aura is capable of curing AIDS, with the consequences of having severe degree burns.
10) It was once believed that Adolf Hitler did not kill himself, but Lucario himself jumped in and vaporized the dictator with an Aura Sphere.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
11. Lucario is actually dead after saving the Tree of Beginnings, but the Grim Reaper is scared ****less of telling him that.

don't know what else to add XD

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
yeah, like i didn't already delete my old file with the rare candy glitch, 50 level 70 kangaskans in the boxes and some 100+ electrode and some other pokemon. In fact, i named this latest file in a way to get the max level of some pokemon that kick ***.

The name: A,l,D,Y gives you level 244 mewtwos, aerodactyls, and starmies :bee:
What's the point of playing if you're just going to cheat and make your pokemans the most powerful things in the universe? That would be like playing as Tabuu and just owning everyone.

Actually that would be kind of cool. <.<

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
What has this thread turned into??!!
stuff that you didn't know about lucario, currently we have 15 facts that are guaranteed to not be known.

What's the point of playing if you're just going to cheat and make your pokemans the most powerful things in the universe? That would be like playing as Tabuu and just owning everyone.

Actually that would be kind of cool. <.<
well, they aren't trained so they have naturally low EVs, i just do it for 2 reasons: novelty and when you put them into pokemon stadium, the stat bars go crazy :)

Oh, and for stuff that isn't known, Brawl Lucario's moveset is horrible. First he has double coverage in fighting and that'd be fine if vacuum wave were there, but that brings an issue with the next problem. Second, Lucario is a HORRIBLE mixed sweeper, (extremespeed is physical, AS is special) his speed is bad and his base attack stats need the 252 EVs to be effective. Third, double team is banned under the evasion clause in most games, therefore Brawl Lucario would never be a workable pokemon on a team anyway. Lucario's vB should've been close combat....

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and for stuff that isn't known, Brawl Lucario's moveset is horrible. First he has double coverage in fighting and that'd be fine if vacuum wave were there, but that brings an issue with the next problem. Second, Lucario is a HORRIBLE mixed sweeper, (extremespeed is physical, AS is special) his speed is bad and his base attack stats need the 252 EVs to be effective. Third, double team is banned under the evasion clause in most games, therefore Brawl Lucario would never be a workable pokemon on a team anyway. Lucario's vB should've been close combat....
well Sakurai just took a little freedom when making Brawl's Lucario. But yeah I'd rather have close combat over force palm, even with 30% chance of paralyzing...
but I don't care, 'cause I just got a Lucario with max IVs in special attack!! Now I just gotta train him right and give him choice specs and he'll turn into the biggest son of a b... ever XD
man, if this works out i'm buying pokemon battle revolution right now

dr00

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and for stuff that isn't known, Brawl Lucario's moveset is horrible. First he has double coverage in fighting and that'd be fine if vacuum wave were there, but that brings an issue with the next problem. Second, Lucario is a HORRIBLE mixed sweeper, (extremespeed is physical, AS is special) his speed is bad and his base attack stats need the 252 EVs to be effective.
umm what?

lucario's attack and special attack are only different by 10 points (11 with +natures, 9 with -natures)

and his "bad" speed is really a nonissue when he has priority moves like extremespeed, bullet punch, vacuum wave, and mach punch

and life orb mixed lucario is quite common and effective. i have no idea where you're getting all of this T_T;

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
well Sakurai just took a little freedom when making Brawl's Lucario. But yeah I'd rather have close combat over force palm, even with 30% chance of paralyzing...
but I don't care, 'cause I just got a Lucario with max IVs in special attack!! Now I just gotta train him right and give him choice specs and he'll turn into the biggest son of a b... ever XD
man, if this works out i'm buying pokemon battle revolution right now
it seems more like close combat imo just because you bring him in so close and punch him, i always imagined force palm to be like Isaac's "move" move as an AT. Not to mention that FP is special, so why is it so physical?

--nice breeding, i gave up on breeding and started using AR awhile ago :p

umm what?

lucario's attack and special attack are only different by 10 points (11 with +natures, 9 with -natures)

and his "bad" speed is really a nonissue when he has priority moves like extremespeed, bullet punch, vacuum wave, and mach punch

and life orb mixed lucario is quite common and effective. i have no idea where you're getting all of this T_T;
mixed lucario sounds nice, but it never turns out well, just because when you dont have SD to boost that atk to an ungodly stat and then sweep with what is basically a 160bp ES and 120 bp bullet punch and a 360bp CC it's awesome. Sadly, when he isn't boosted by SD or specs lucario seems to lose some of his luster.

Hmm, it could be good as a novelty set and a way to get rid of a physical wall (ie, gliscor).
Lucario@Life Orb
rash 168Atk/252spA/84Spe
Close Combat
HP Ice
Vacuum Wave
Dark Pulse

OHKO blissey with CC, OHKO gliscor with HP ice, clean up a lot with VW, dark pulse for predicted gengar/cresselia switches, could work with SR and sandstorm coverage...I gotta try this. Still seems novelty though

Oh and Sakurai didn't give Lucario Life Orb, which is an obviously bad choice for brawl lucario.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
does life orb work with all types of attacks or does it only work with physical? 'cause perhaps I might give it to my new special sweeper lucario...
don't know, what gives more boost, choice specs or life orb?

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
does life orb work with all types of attacks or does it only work with physical? 'cause perhaps I might give it to my new special sweeper lucario...
don't know, what gives more boost, choice specs or life orb?
yes, life orb works with everything at the cost of 10% of your life for every successful hit (so breaking a sub wont take away 10%) but it only gives 1.3x damage

all choice items give 1.5x damage (specs-special, band-physical, scarf-speed), but of course you're locked into a move.

what set are you gonna run?

dr00

Smash Apprentice
extremespeed or mach punch would work a lot better. mach punch namely for tyranitar since he gets that spdef boost from sandstream, but otherwise that's a really good set and exactly how lucario can shine as a mixed sweeper.
also you might want to try one with naive or hasty and give him 228 spd so he can outrun 100 neutral speed pokemon like mixmence or 244 to outspeed adamant garchomp

and it's definitely not a novelty. obviously he doesn't pack as much power as a choice set or with SD, but he still hits hard with the 30% boost from life orb and can switch between physical and special to deal with whatever comes his way, and isn't afraid of switching out and losing SD boost, or in (lol stealth rock and toxic spikes)
the only thing he's losing by switching out is his defense losses from close combat, heh.

but it really shines when your opponent sees life orb and will have no idea how to counter you, knowing you can throw special and physical attacks his way, or if he mispredicts and think you're just running a LO special or physical set for versatility over choice band/specs.
it also works great with a wishpasser

i love his versatility overall and have several versions of each special, physical, and mixed. i could never pick just one set for lucario lol

right now i'm working on one right now with HP rock to deal with gyarados and still take care of salamence
and just bred a ton of physical and mixed lucarios with crunch

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
i'm doing modest special sweeper (AS, Psychic, Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse/Thunder), but I'm sticking to choice specs then. I got an idea that would work wonders with choice-whatever: Froslass with focus sash.
The idea is: if I know the next pokemon is going to murder Lucario/Gallade (physical sweeper) I switch to Froslass, which is going to survive the move no matter thanks to focus sash. then she will either murder the opponent thanks to her absurd speed (ice beam and/or shadow ball) or take him down with her with destiny bond. Afterwards I place Luc/Gallade back and they're not stuck to choice band/specs anymore, kudos!!

dr00

Smash Apprentice
focus sash isn't very useful though with all the sandstreams and stealth rocks running around (froslass especially hates stealth rock, as it does 25% damage every time she switches in)

also, try to get vacuum wave (egg move) for a modest choice lucario. dragon pulse is actually rather useless on neutral speed lucario since he can't outspeed any dragon and they usually pack earthquake or some fire move.

which brings me back to the original point. gengar is a much more stable switch in for lucario as he's immune to ground and fighting and ever more speed and special attack than froslass.
gengar can be a real menace, especially with destiny bond and explosion.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
but I can't get vacuum wave now: it's breeding only and I already hatched the riolu with max IV's
I don't know on regular 6v6 matches but Froslass with focus sash has been working wonders on battle tower. maybe it's 'cause people don't usually use stealth rocks there, too quick. though I'd more than happily remove dragon pulse: Ice Beam from froslass murders most dragon types (long live 4x weakness!!). either way right now I'm training my lopunny for team matches soon enough.
thanks for the info dr00!!

tedward2000

Smash Champion
sounds like your working up a team.
Want to see if it works?
I'll battle you some time, PM when your ready.
-t2

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
Don't you know that denying Chuck Norris is step 1 of the apocalypse!!!

Lucario would kick chuck norris' buttox any day... dont deny it... chuck norris isnt even that great...

EDIT: seriously, the only Lucario movesets you need to run is FPCG

okay really, just SDLuke or SpecsLuke is all you really need if you ask me. and btw, my IG Lucario has a naughty nature and soloes the tower tycoon. AS OHKOs his rhyperior, i use SD on his dragonite and then OHKO with stone edge. close combat then proceeds to OHKO his milotic. as for SDLuke... when someone can OHKO a bulkygyara switch in with unstabbed stone edge factoring in intimidate with just 1 swords dance, and 2HKO guaranteed on max def/hp hippowdon with 1 SD using close combat, thats big, really big. also he 2HKOs cresselia with crunch, what else needs to be said?
oh and tallen, Lucario cannot learn thunder. if gyarados is a problem for your specsluke use HP electric or train a porygon2, he is a 110%counter to any form of gyarados. and be oh so careful using froslass, she is fragile and dosent really have much sp atk. she cant OHKO a yachechomp with blizzard in hail with a specs on her. but you obviously wouldnt switch froslass into weavile would you?

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
actually I take account 2 things when picking a character: if it works for the current team and if I like it XD

like I already said before I'm not so much of a "serious" trainer, in fact I don't really care if specific character is under-used or whatever: one of the things I like is using unusual tactics and pokemon noone else normally uses, to catch the opponent off-guard this way. I know Froslass is really frail, but her absurd speed helps me with pokemon the rest of my team would have problems (worstcase scenario, destiny bond 'em!!).

Odd, I thought Luke was able to learn Thunder. Oh well. *goes back to Serebii.net*

dr00

Smash Apprentice
but I can't get vacuum wave now: it's breeding only and I already hatched the riolu with max IV's
I don't know on regular 6v6 matches but Froslass with focus sash has been working wonders on battle tower. maybe it's 'cause people don't usually use stealth rocks there, too quick. though I'd more than happily remove dragon pulse: Ice Beam from froslass murders most dragon types (long live 4x weakness!!). either way right now I'm training my lopunny for team matches soon enough.
thanks for the info dr00!!
ah, i didn't see that you already bred one.

i'm going to be breeding more soon with vaccum wave. if you want one, i'll hit you up if i get any extra decent ones. but since you've already bred that one, check his hidden power. if it's decent go with that, otherwise dragon pulse is going to be your best bet as it will hit everything for neutral that could resist you otherwise.

and 3-on-3 (like the battle tower), you really don't have to worry about stealth rock/sandstream as much because it doesn't help as much in the long run, so focus sash failing isn't as much of a problem.

and you're welcome! lol i guess it was inevitable i'd get into d/p lucario training discussions on the smash boards xD

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
extremespeed or mach punch would work a lot better. mach punch namely for tyranitar since he gets that spdef boost from sandstream, but otherwise that's a really good set and exactly how lucario can shine as a mixed sweeper.
also you might want to try one with naive or hasty and give him 228 spd so he can outrun 100 neutral speed pokemon like mixmence or 244 to outspeed adamant garchomp

and it's definitely not a novelty. obviously he doesn't pack as much power as a choice set or with SD, but he still hits hard with the 30% boost from life orb and can switch between physical and special to deal with whatever comes his way, and isn't afraid of switching out and losing SD boost, or in (lol stealth rock and toxic spikes)
the only thing he's losing by switching out is his defense losses from close combat, heh.
244 doesn't outspeed adamant garchomp... garchomp gets to 303 with adamant nature and 333 with +speed. It is necesary to outspeed +speed ttar though. And no, giving lucario +speed would make this set SUCK. He needs those SpAtk EVs to be thought of as a threat. He isn't going to outspeed anyone anyway with only gettign 84 EVs in speed. In fact, making him bulkier would probably be better, but i doubt that it would come into play much if ever.

-MP/ES vs VW: Vacuum wave is there because overall, it's more potent than mach punch. Second, there is no Aura sphere, so special stab is necesary and priority is needed, therefore VW is the best choice.

-yeah he hits hard, but CC is only good in this set in order to kill blissey...this basically is a choice set because unless they switch to gliscor or if they switch to cresselia and she has less than 50% health it's a mandatory switch because he's fragile and slow.

dr00

Smash Apprentice
244 doesn't outspeed adamant garchomp... garchomp gets to 303 with adamant nature and 333 with +speed. It is necesary to outspeed +speed ttar though.
244 speed EVs, not 244 speed stat. lucario hits 306 at max speed

and you don't have to do this. these are all suggestions for similar/different sets.
And no, giving lucario +speed would make this set SUCK. He needs those SpAtk EVs to be thought of as a threat. He isn't going to outspeed anyone anyway with only gettign 84 EVs in speed.
i have some naive lucario that would disagree :p (ps. yey irony)
In fact, making him bulkier would probably be better, but i doubt that it would come into play much if ever.
that is practically never a good idea with lucario lol

-MP/ES vs VW: Vacuum wave is there because overall, it's more potent than mach punch. Second, there is no Aura sphere, so special stab is necesary and priority is needed, therefore VW is the best choice.
against what though?

here's an example: swampert is always given ice beam. even if it's EVd for attack and not special attack because most pokemon he'd use ice beam against have low special defense.
even though avalanche's going last isn't really a concern since he'll usually go last anyway, the extra power doesn't really do much considering who he's actually using it against.
-yeah he hits hard, but CC is only good in this set in order to kill blissey...this basically is a choice set because unless they switch to gliscor or if they switch to cresselia and she has less than 50% health it's a mandatory switch because he's fragile and slow.
you're usually switching out of gliscor regardless. even with HP ice it's just an uphill battle

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
244 speed EVs, not 244 speed stat. lucario hits 306 at max speed
--btw, i screwed up the previous EVs i listed because i forgot about 31 IVs >_<

okay, so lets say that i do this...the spread is now 80 Atk/244 Spe/188 SpA and 313 SpA loses a very valuable 48 points just to outspeed some very situational pokemon. Makes my various 2HKOs on the lucario counters at least 3HKOs w/o leftovers calculated on most walls i also bet this would 3HKO Gengar but I dont feel like testing it at this hour. It does OHKO the dragons (unless they run +speed, in that case, lucario=owned) with HP Ice, but it's not like either are staying in if they see a lucario switch in just because of the fact that HP ice owns them....

-and now that i know i screwed up the initial EVs, i could figure out the best use of the remaining speed EVs and since i could just look at some walls and find out how much i need, that'd be nice, but i think i'll have this set aim for 244 speed, which beats a jolly ttar and put the rest in either HP, def, or SpD depending on what nature i take I'll buff the undimished stat.

and you don't have to do this. these are all suggestions for similar/different sets.
i have some naive lucario that would disagree :p (ps. yey irony)
that is practically never a good idea with lucario lol
A bulkier lucario can help it survive against a zapdos and some other situational threats, but here the speed is necesary to outspeed the walls for sure. And i do doubt the exact usefulness of the speed on such a fragile pokemon that isn't made for much more than to bait out a wall and kill it with the opposite type of attack.

against what though?
other lucarios :p, weavile, mamoswine, forretres, and quite a few others harder than MP would, it's only there for finishing kills (late game ftw) and with more power in special attack, it is therefore more potent.

here's an example: swampert is always given ice beam. even if it's EVd for attack and not special attack because most pokemon he'd use ice beam against have low special defense.
even though avalanche's going last isn't really a concern since he'll usually go last anyway, the extra power doesn't really do much considering who he's actually using it against.

you're usually switching out of gliscor regardless. even with HP ice it's just an uphill battle
if swampert comes in, I'm getting the heck out of there, surf/ hydropump kill no doubt; EQ too. I dont know about you, but when i see a swampert on shoddy, it's mixed. Meaning it has EQ, surf/ice beam, stealth rocks, roar/surf/icebeam. And no matter what, i gotta switch, plus, im not doing much to swampert anyway. Why would swampert use ice beam OR avalanche? predicting a switch? if anything they'd be setting up SR or phazing or using surf or EQ and swampert ALWAYS has at least 1 of the 2.

--gliscor: you're kidding right? This set is made to bait out a physical wall with CC and kill it with a special attack... I'm faster than gliscor and HP ice does 500+ damage minimum unless glis managed to get 80 more base HP stats and maxed it out, it's dead

-but I'm in the middle of making a team to make mixed lucario shine, so I'll see how it goes then, but no way am i touching a +speed nature with this set.

oh and i thought I'd put this here as a way of discussing counters for a set like this:
-swampert CC averages 41% DP: 34%, VW could finish off a swamp if it has ~25% of it's health
-cresselia: too many sets to be able to care atm, maybe tomorrow morning, but just in general I'll give this. DP to max HP/SpD cress= 34%
-heracross: 50% from CC, VW does a min of 45 damage so a sub 17% hera gets killed
-spiritomb is an auto switch
-zapdos: 60% from HP ice, which means it could die on the switch with SR and if it's taken 13 damage prior to it (or if HP ice did 63% percent) VW finishes it off, but lefties are an issue :(
-celebi: if it is a special wall, works well, otherwise DP ***** it
-hippo: CC does 33%, HP ice does 72.6% and VW does 31.4%
-weezing: CC does 20%, DP: 50%
-bulky gyara: auto switch, you're screwed. CC: 23.6% DP: 32.7%
-ttar: 250% from CC to max def max hp >_>, 84% from VW to max hp/min SpD
-steelix: CC-53% VW-min 69% HP-40% min
-garchomp: HP ice OHKOs Yache takes 77% and VW does 30.6% minimum to a 4HP/min SpD garchomp; CC does 69%
-starmie (using the rapid spinner set on smogon): DP-min 87% VW-16%. means it's an auto kill if DP on the switch with stealth rocks and either way, VW finishes it off
-dusknoir (is advised as a physical wall, so I'm going with min SpD/max HP): DP: 66%
-gengar: DP-OHKO
-glis: OHKO with HP ice
-blissey: OHKO with CC, VW-19% min
-heatran: CC: OHKO VW-51.7% and is why i changed the EV spread to give lucario 256 speed (outspeeds blastoise and heatran)
-claydol (standard set): DP: 67% VW-11.4% min
--I'll do more if requested

NOTE: lefties are annoying to deal with, this set can safely kill some of it's most general physically gifted opponents (gliscor, hippo), but the special walls in D/P tend to have a nice advantage over mixed lucario because most resist fighting. SR and Spikes are highly advised with this set because they help lucario destroy to an unholy extent no matter what set you run.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Fact Number Infinity: Lucario doesn't float in Subspace

And for D/P, Lucario is so versatile and every stat is crucial to him, so which nature should I stress the most? I'm thinking a nature that's either +SPatk -Atk, or +Spd -SPatk.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Go with the +Spd one, speed is extremely important.
if your faster, you already have the upper hand
-t2

Top Bottom