• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things are heating up in Norfair!

ragda

Smash Rookie
lol @ you, I dont give a **** about your life story you queerlord.

get your *** outside, I dont think you were listening the first time? <_<
why don't you listen to your own advice

ON Topic: Too bad, I was sorta expecting Ness too, but will he surprise us with a double update on Monday? Update #150a & b: Warning Challenger Approaching - Ridley, Veteran - Ness (or other vets, ie. captain falcon, mewtwo, but ness would just blow yesterdays "debate" sky high! :) )

EPIC WIN!

Fossilized Ursidae

Smash Apprentice
Sure, I'd love that as much as the next guy, but Sakurai mentions Norfair as "the location where the enemy boss Ridley was". Interpret as you will, but saying things like that makes me nervous for a playable Ridley as opposed to just adding Ridley as a boss in adventure mode on this one level.

I don't think we need to turn this into the ness debate, but here's my view.

You could interpret it as "was, and now isn't" or "was and still is", but I honestly think that Sakurai is just trying to give us this information so if we unlock Ridley/see him as a boss we know his association with Norfair. Sakurai meant just "was" as in he "was" a boss there in the metroid games. I don't think the update leans towards either direction.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
wow.. Rance. every single post you've had in this topic has just been straight pathetic.

it's been nothing but "Go outside!" and "I get laid!"?

why are you telling people to go outside? how do you even know anything about them? why are you making fun of somebody's grammar? how do you even know it's the way they talk?

What would telling them to go outside prove to anybody? What would getting laid prove to anybody? Your idea of life is so extremely limited and close-minded that not even Dr. Phil can save you.

the hypocrisy is just.. astounding. I had no idea people like you in Smashboards existed. you don't even need to go to GameFAQs with that crap; just go to myspace.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
wow.. Rance. every single post you've had in this topic has just been straight pathetic.

it's been nothing but "Go outside!" and "I get laid!"?

why are you telling people to go outside? how do you even know anything about them? why are you making fun of somebody's grammar? how do you even know it's the way they talk?

What would telling them to go outside prove to anybody? What would getting laid prove to anybody? Your idea of life is so extremely limited and close-minded that not even Dr. Phil can save you.

the hypocrisiy is just.. astounding. I had no idea people like you in Smashboards existed. you don't even need to go to GameFAQs with that crap; just go to myspace.
I'm just going to start ignoring him, like everyone else is. Isn't worth feeding him.

Suicide-4-life

Smash Rookie
Im with Rance

you guys stop puttin rance down. Hes making a mistake but so is mis...parm 24...6 WHATEVER! but if any of you guys remenber me... i was just like rance and got banned so rance man dont make the same mistake i did and people stop hatin on Rance.

Sorry..ON TOPIC: IVE BEEN WAITNG ALL F**KIN' WEEK FOR A CHARACTER UPDATE!!! WE GOT KING DEDEDE 2 WEEKS AGO NOW WHERES OUR UPDATE STOP STALLING!!!

people i was expecting to be revealed today:
Ganondwarf, Pichu, Marth/roy, Black night...hold on and something about that too.
You guys that have played and beaten Fire emblem path of radiance(i have) during the game the black night gives Ike aether so whats black night goin to use as a weapon considering hes gonna be the heaviest mother f**ker in the game? so i kinda doubt black nights comin to brawl

Tobi-

Smash Ace
you guys stop puttin rance down. Hes making a mistake but so is mis...parm 24...6 WHATEVER! but if any of you guys remenber me... i was just like rance and got banned so rance man dont make the same mistake i did and people stop hatin on Rance.
No we won't stop hating on Rance because he makes ignorant posts such as " He just wants to make fun of people". If he gets banned then thank god.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
"Stop hatin' on Rance"? he clearly brought this to himself. I don't blame masterem. Rance is just your typical obnoxious asshat that thinks his way is the only way. he doesn't even listen to reason.

I mean, how on Earth do you make fun a guy's well-typed out warning? it makes no sense to me.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
What an idiotic argument.

Anyway, the stage looks fun... but too much lava IMO

Hejiru

Smash Ace
my baby's a lot prettier then britney spears ever was =/
Trolling Rance for the ban.

But seriously, Monday is 150? Hmmm....

I'm not getting my hopes up. Did anything happen on the 100th update? I don't count to see what number they are.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Rance - deal with it.

Back on topic, I thikn Norfair's really great in terms of the basic level design. It's going to see a concentrated battle area round the middle, cause the more you go out and wide, you have more chance of falling. So if you're nearer the centre, then it's lol, and you'll utterly get ***** UP. (Lol @ SMashes my Bros.).

bob-bomber

Smash Cadet
STOP COMPLAINING! Who cares if we seen it at e for all I mean shouldn't we be happy Sakuria is even doing these updates? AND STOP MAKING FUN OF EACHOTHER! like Youko said we're a smash community we have no reason to make fun of eachother! Oh if monday's update 150 what us update 100?

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
1. Not the worst stage. A bit too OTT on the lava but I like the platform placement.

2. Also, Rance - stfu or gtfo

people i was expecting to be revealed today:
Ganondwarf, Pichu, Marth/roy, Black night...hold on and something about that too.
You guys that have played and beaten Fire emblem path of radiance(i have) during the game the black night gives Ike aether so whats black night goin to use as a weapon considering hes gonna be the heaviest mother f**ker in the game? so i kinda doubt black nights comin to brawl
3. Um, go discuss Black Knight elsewhere. This is not only a Metroid topic, but a STAGE topic. Who cares what characters you wanted to appear today, we're discussing the stage at hand, not what you do or do not want.

If every week had a character update, Brawl would be ruined. Two weeks is fine, so live with it. Hell, we must have gone three weeks without one at SOME POINT. Characters aren't the only thing integral to this game.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Meh... stage doesn't seem to interest me that much. Lava's nice, though.

I don't think the stage and music hints at Ridley being a boss only. Might not hint to anything at all, IMO.

Kirbilord

Smash Rookie
If you're hoping for something big on the 150th update, don't get your hopes up too high.

If you ask me, expecting something big on 150 is pushing it. 100 I could understand, but do we really think every multiple of 50 should have a megaton...?

-_-

Anyways, Norfair is nice. Sure, I knew abou the stage, but it is still worthy of an update.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
When I first heard of if, and saw if in bits and pieces on the E for All Videos, i thought it was going to be a copy of sorts for Brinstar, but I can see from the update that that's definitely not true. Those lava spires, that lava wave, not to mention the unique platform placement, all make me want to play this stage.

Slifer-san

Smash Cadet
Kinda disappointed, but the new capsule feature is cool, I guess~

I wonder, if Ridley might be a Subspace boss instead of a character with the update..hm...

Shark X

Smash Lord
my baby's a lot prettier then britney spears ever was =/
You DO realise your 'baby' is non-existant, right? If you really are 21, then it's time you let go of your imaginary girlfriends. Your getting too old for them.

Seriously, who in their right mind would want to be YOUR baby?

On Topic:
This weeks updates did suck (though 3rd Party Assist Trophys were a nice touch), but it's not like this is the first week with all around crappy updates. We had about maybe, 80% of bad weeks so far.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Yeah, while we're on the subject on this level, while I'm personally not going to enjoy fighting for a one-seater safety zone, I do wonder how this level works in team battles. Beat down your teammate for your own safety?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I like Norfair, watched the videos of it again and it is an improvement over previous Metroid stages. BUT, I would love for a non lava related Metroid stage to be in Brawl.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Now the only other level that hasn't been confirmed is the Mario Kart Stage.

Monday will be the 150th Update :O (THough doesn't really mean its the Ultimate update)

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
god youre stale... back to this zelda 2 ROM

if you dont want to take my advice and go outside, at least try to come up with something interesting to say, that hasnt already been used by some other dweeb in a fail manner =/
Banned. lol owned

Anyway....I dunno why but I find the capsule entetaining. o_o I guess it's 'cause of the pain they get when then get hit by the wave. XD

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunatly, I don't think he's banned. I'm almost positive that'll change about 30 mins after Gimpy wakes up tho...

Anyway, a nice stage, but when combined with the rest of the week, it seems quite mediocre. I'm disappointed, but Sakurai can't let us down 3 weeks in a row, can he?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Looks like Sakurai has made those quotes involving characters again. Those quotes don't confirm or deconfirm anything. Maybe Ridley will make a surprise appearance on the next newcomer character update.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I knew this update would come sooner or later. I just hope there aren't anymore lava Metroid stages after this. It's getting old already.

D

Deleted member

Ridley confirmed:)

Will this game more than just music or trophy reference to the Prime trilogy? I'd love to see Rundas from Corruption at least as an AT

Lemon Drop said:
Monday will be the 150th Update :O (THough doesn't really mean its the Ultimate update)
Sonic stage PLZ...or complete character list (That would be good)

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Ridley not fully confirmed, we really need an update to fully confirm, other then that he is in the same situation as GDorf

Top Bottom