• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Vivian would be an excellent addition over Wolf. I really don't understand his appeal, or Lucas's. I'm glad they're gone and hope they don't return. If Wolf returns it'll be like back on Nsider on the official Smash forums when there were 100s of us saying Sonic being in Brawl was an impossibility, to which we quietly **** our pants once he was announced.
Their 'appeal' comes from the fact that most people (unlike you) hate cuts in general. Plus, Wolf is a fairly popular character in StarFox while Lucas... His game is more popular in the West than it is in the East despite that it was only released in the East.

And Vivian from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door? Do we really need another Mario character? Besides, she only appeared in one game in a giant franchise. Hate to burst your bubble, but WALUIGI would be a better choice. But hey, my opinion.

You also forget, people mained these characters in Brawl as well. Since when do people enjoy their mains being cut?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Anyway, I do wonder when he'll announce DLC, which likely will include Wolf or Lucas(although it's obvious they'll be back, even if he doesn't announce them for a while). They might be in a veteran's pack instead.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Hate to burst your bubble, but Waluigi's god tier. The game literally would not be able to fathom his crooked little heart.

That said, cuts are ****ing awesome. I mean hey, we even got a better Roy out of it. Definitely need more Mario characters. They're vastly superior to **** like Lucas. I'll take Shrekonomicon Goomba over Lucas any day. Hell, I'd take crossdressing Koopa with Rabies over him. That said, there's enough yiff in Smash, especially when it comes to Gray Fox. Vivian's the perfect blend of cute and trap, comparable to the Kirbs.
We already have 7 main Mario characters, 14 if you include skins, and 19 if you include all playable chracters who made an appearance in at least one main game. Seriously? Out of a roster+alt chracters which total 56? That's 1/3 of the roster! This is supposed to be a game of Nintendo's All-Stars, not just a spin-off of the flagship franchise, which the main games are honestly really bad nowadays. Pokemon has 700+ chracters to choose from, why not more from there? Or why isn't there a new DK rep? Oh wait, then we would be at 20... Legend of Zelda? Why didn't they get a newcomer? The series is very popular. Do I even need to mention other franchises? Sakurai does not only care for YOU, for your information. He cares about others and their opinion, aka how Mewtwo got in (although that did not help Ridley). Goomba being included over Lucas, Wolf, or even Inkling or Isaac would catch a lot of flak at this point. Heck, the clones caught enough of that until everyone understood their function.

And Ganondorf has a far more crooked heart than Waluigi. The game should've become nuclear already by your logic.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Nintendo stated no further plans for DLC outside of Mewtwo.
You are all straw grasping from this point onwards.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nintendo stated no further plans for DLC outside of Mewtwo.
You are all straw grasping from this point onwards.
That is not what they said at all. They said they currently had no plans at the moment, because they were already working on stuff at the time.

To be fair, many have very clearly misread that statement. And since Mewtwo is going to be paid DLC(that's the phrase Sakurai mentioned, not Nintendo), he means besides him, he's officially stating that Mewtwo will be the only paid DLC coming later on. For now. Not for all time.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
That is not what they said at all. They said they currently had no plans at the moment, because they were already working on stuff at the time.

To be fair, many have very clearly misread that statement. And since Mewtwo is going to be paid DLC(that's the phrase Sakurai mentioned, not Nintendo), he means besides him, he's officially stating that Mewtwo will be the only paid DLC coming later on. For now. Not for all time.
It can be argued that you are the one misreading it if anything.
Just because they said "currently had no plans at the moment" does not mean the stuff they are working on currently is anything more than Mewtwo. They said it themselves, it takes a long time to make even ONE character.

Expecting any more from them within the next 14 or so months is likely setting yourself up for disappointment akin to the Ridley fanbase.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It can be argued that you are the one misreading it if anything.
Just because they said "currently had no plans at the moment" does not mean the stuff they are working on currently is anything more than Mewtwo. They said it themselves, it takes a long time to make even ONE character.

Expecting any more from them within the next 14 or so months is likely setting yourself up for disappointment akin to the Ridley fanbase.
All I'm seeing is you putting down people's expectations for no reason. Once Mewtwo is done, I fully expect more to be worked on since there's nothing stopping them by that point. All veterans from Brawl take far less time to remake for the engine than an entirely new character(which Mewtwo effectively is programming-wise).

So yes, I do expect more. And there's no reason not to.

What you completely failed to read is that making one character doesn't take a year, making one character from scratch does. Veterans take way less time. You severely misread that article. If it took a full year for all characters, we'd have a way smaller roster. They didn't have that many people on team, you know.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
All I'm seeing is you putting down people's expectations for no reason. Once Mewtwo is done, I fully expect more to be worked on since there's nothing stopping them by that point. All veterans from Brawl take far less time to remake for the engine than an entirely new character(which Mewtwo effectively is programming-wise).

So yes, I do expect more. And there's no reason not to.

What you completely failed to read is that making one character doesn't take a year, making one character from scratch does. Veterans take way less time. You severely misread that article. If it took a full year for all characters, we'd have a way smaller roster. They didn't have that many people on team, you know.
As long as Wolf comes back I will be somewhat happy with the outcome.
And unless they listed the estimated times of how long it takes to make complete characters or refurbishments, I don't see how I 'failed' to read anything. Since it wasn't put before me in the first place on what I was reading.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As long as Wolf comes back I will be somewhat happy with the outcome.
And unless they listed the estimated times of how long it takes to make complete characters or refurbishments, I don't see how I 'failed' to read anything. Since it wasn't put before me in the first place on what I was reading.
You failed to do any research, or you'd clearly know what you said is completely incorrect.

Regardless, I expect Wolf and Lucas back. Although more Wolf than Lucas. The only veterans I don't expect back is Roy due to name confusions, Young Link since he can't add anything with transformations gone, and Snake, due to 3rd party issues. Ice Climbers are harder to say, though. He'll try, but I doubt them too. Everybody else? Well, PT aside unless he becomes his own character, I guess.

Cause Sakurai is lazy.
...He worked so hard his arms are in severe pain. Seriously, he's the opposite of lazy. He may not care enough(imo) about some series, but lazy he is not.

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
My mind is foggy but i remember someone saying that Mewtwos not going to be DLC yet its going to be released as DLC?

Lucas should have been like Alph/Olimar. Dont understand why they removed him like that. I dont think he will come back as a standalone character as the special moves can be taken by Ness.

Hey LilMac got 16 costumes i think so dont give up hopes. I hope Waluigis gonna be a new costume for Luigi. Wolf should be a standalone character. I miss him so much.

Speaking of costumes. I dont understand who the hell is the one who hates Wario-Land so much. Why of all the costumes is the black-white outfit gone? Its this era of Wario that made me fall in love with Wario. Wario-land 3 is a masterpiece in my eyes and its the game who made me love Wario.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My mind is foggy but i remember someone saying that Mewtwos not going to be DLC yet its going to be released as DLC?

Lucas should have been like Alph/Olimar. Dont understand why they removed him like that. I dont think he will come back as a standalone character as the special moves can be taken by Ness.

Hey LilMac got 16 costumes i think so dont give up hopes. I hope Waluigis gonna be a new costume for Luigi. Wolf should be a standalone character. I miss him so much.
Lucas is still severely different from Ness, so the costume idea does not work. All they got in common is B moves. Similar reason why Wolf is useless as a costume.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

Speaking of costumes. I dont understand who the hell is the one who hates Wario-Land so much. Why of all the costumes is the black-white outfit gone? Its this era of Wario that made me fall in love with Wario. Wario-land 3 is a masterpiece in my eyes and its the game who made me love Wario.
Lucas should not be an alt costume of Ness. They both fight differently.

Waluigi literally cannot be a Luigi alt at all, they both have different body shapes and they move/attack nothing alike. It just won't work. Waluigi being exactly like Luigi wouldn't make any sense anyways...

Last edited:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
You failed to do any research, or you'd clearly know what you said is completely incorrect.

Regardless, I expect Wolf and Lucas back. Although more Wolf than Lucas. The only veterans I don't expect back is Roy due to name confusions, Young Link since he can't add anything with transformations gone, and Snake, due to 3rd party issues. Ice Climbers are harder to say, though. He'll try, but I doubt them too. Everybody else? Well, PT aside unless he becomes his own character, I guess.

...He worked so hard his arms are in severe pain. Seriously, he's the opposite of lazy. He may not care enough(imo) about some series, but lazy he is not.
There are no 3rd party issues with snake, Kojima welcomed the chance to bring snake back.
Sakurai himself said no. I thought you of all people would keep up to date with your info after ranting about it so much.

Naoshi

There are no 3rd party issues with snake, Kojima welcomed the chance to bring snake back.
Sakurai himself said no. I thought you of all people would keep up to date with your info after ranting about it so much.
Er, she did not say Konami/Kojima did not want Snake in the new Smash. lol

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai did not say no. That was entirely a fake article and nobody knows why he was cut. It's still a 3rd party issue at this time. Sakurai is still working under Nintendo, and they have some control, which can also include barring some companies. Konami and Nintendo aren't on good terms right now, which can matter. There could be other reasons, of course. But none was ever actually given.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
I do not see brawl vets returning, the final moments of roster preparation were spent on milking alt costumes into full-fledged clone characters nobody asked for. And then there's Smash tour... /the/ biggest waste of space on the disc by far. If the likes of Wolf and co were planned there would be more of a nod towards them than "No plans beyond Mewtwo". Who may I remind you was THE most requested returning character and was a MELEE character UNFINISHED in brawl.

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
What does it say?
"So, Sakurai, after finishing the Mewtwo and your break, I suggest the next DLC should be other cut short characters that are able to work in the 3DS version. I'm afraid it may be too long between Mewtwo's release and a character that has not been planned."

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I do not see brawl vets returning, the final moments of roster preparation were spent on milking alt costumes into full-fledged clone characters nobody asked for. And then there's Smash tour... /the/ biggest waste of space on the disc by far. If the likes of Wolf and co were planned there would be more of a nod towards them than "No plans beyond Mewtwo". Who may I remind you was THE most requested returning character and was a MELEE character UNFINISHED in brawl.
You act like it took a long time to make lucina, doctor mario and dark pit separate. All they had to do was make some adjustments to a few attacks and add them to the roster selection screen.

Last edited:

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
This. Smash Tour is like Smash Run's down syndrome hick cousin.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I think Smash Tour is a lot of fun with a few friends.

And adding Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit over Wolf was a good call. 3 clones over 1 semi-clone is a decent trade.
That being said, I feel that if character DLC becomes a thing, Wolf is a very likely candidate (cut veteran, semi-clone, new game on the horizon).

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Ive got a picture of a roster with Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, Chorus Men and Wolf in the roster.

Now hold your guns, im not saying that i think they are real or fake, when Mewtwos roster picture comes out, i am going to compare it to the picture. IF they are the same, it is pretty much clear that these guys are the ones that will be on dlc.

I dont really care much about information or if Sakurai has said that he doesnt want Ridley there, it means nothing to me. As much as when the leaked pic of Smash 4 got released and the whole forums laughed at Duck Hunt and provided links to prove that this is indeed wrong.

But yeah Wolf lovers, i cross my finger that this picture is the real deal. Or not. I want Waluigi to be added. Man, he deserves a spot to get some fame.. Atleast he should be an alternate costume of Luigi with black flames etc.
Can u send me the pic? I love Wolf!!

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
No plans yet! Yet, yet, yet! Besides, Wolf seems to be the most requested character now. The clones were added to pad out the roster in the short time there was left since a full-fledged character nor vet could be completed in the time frame they had left.

I don't know about Smash Tour (don't have Wii U version yet). Sounds really only profitable with friends, and even then I just may stick to Mario Party. But I will refrain from judging it until I get the chance to try it.

Naoshi

You act like it took a long time to make lucina, doctor mario and dark pit separate. All they had to do was make some adjustments to a few attacks and add them to the roster selection screen.
This. They were originally alt costumes so it was a lot easier to do that. They did not take anyone's spot. It has been discussed to death already.

With that said, they may not have high chances and I wouldn't be surprised if Mewtwo is the only character DLC. But nothing is certain right now.

Can u send me the pic? I love Wolf!!
It has already been posted and it's one of those crappy fake leaks. I can't believe he thought it was worth discussing when it has been debunked to death.

Last edited:

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
We already have 7 main Mario characters, 14 if you include skins, and 19 if you include all playable chracters who made an appearance in at least one main game. Seriously? Out of a roster+alt chracters which total 56? That's 1/3 of the roster! This is supposed to be a game of Nintendo's All-Stars, not just a spin-off of the flagship franchise, which the main games are honestly really bad nowadays.
Super Mario 3D World was bad? News to me.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
For those that don't have the game, here a link to the My Music GameXplain video that shows the "Normal" tab I'm talking about.

Smash Bros. Wii U - "My Music" Stage Song List: http://youtu.be/hTUYEjQIHRs
OK I found another videdo and the normal refers to the stages, in this video at the beginning you can see custom, which refers to custom stages.

Last edited:

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
This. They were originally alt costumes so it was a lot easier to do that. They did not take anyone's spot. It has been discussed to death already.

With that said, they may not have high chances and I wouldn't be surprised if Mewtwo is the only character DLC. But nothing is certain right now.

It has already been posted and it's one of those crappy fake leaks. I can't believe he thought it was worth discussing when it has been debunked to death.
Eh it was a good shot. No sweat

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'd like to see wolf return, he was one of my favorites.

He must return. He now has his own section in the trophy box called Star Wolf, where all the Star Wolf related trophies go. We need to play as Wolf again,but this time in Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
So... Anyone think we'll get more DLC after Mewtwo and Miiverse besides more characters? After all, we all want and expect more characters for DLC.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well

For unannounced dlc (if mewtwo gets dlc approved)

I don't see a bandana dee nor a isaac trophy (well even if they were there they are still possible for dlc)

Rythmic

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zadester
Im not sure if any one else has said this but, I think there will be Rayman DLC for Smash. Now, I know it seems stupid or unlikely but hear me out. I think it's a very likely DLC as there are *SPOILERS* Rayman trophies. But why? Theres no other Rayman stuff in the game and he's not a Nintendo IP. So whats he doing in a smash game? He's just kinda out of place. It'd work too. It could be a Rayman pack: Rayman as a playble character (and if it does happen probably only 3rd party character in as DLC) and a Rayman stage. Then they could have a new assit trophy for Globox. Raymans alts could be some his costumes from the games. I think it'd be pretty sweet, and thats coming from someone whos not a huge Rayman fan

P.S sorry for huge block of text :p

Naoshi

Im not sure if any one else has said this but, I think there will be Rayman DLC for Smash. Now, I know it seems stupid or unlikely but hear me out. I think it's a very likely DLC as there are *SPOILERS* Rayman trophies. But why? Theres no other Rayman stuff in the game and he's not a Nintendo IP. So whats he doing in a smash game? He's just kinda out of place. It'd work too. It could be a Rayman pack: Rayman as a playble character (and if it does happen probably only 3rd party character in as DLC) and a Rayman stage. Then they could have a new assit trophy for Globox. Raymans alts could be some his costumes from the games. I think it'd be pretty sweet, and thats coming from someone whos not a huge Rayman fan

P.S sorry for huge block of text :p
The trophies may exists because Ubisoft kept pestering Nintendo to include Rayman in Smash (which was rumored by a credible person long before we knew of Rayman's trophy). The trophies are could be used as a something to throw a bone for and that's it. I don't think the trophies should be used as strong evidence that Rayman's gonna be in the game, if they really wanted him to be DLC, they probably won't have any issue including his trophies with his DLC. He isn't the only third party character with a trophy in Smash, Commander Video from Bit Trip has a trophy as well.

He has a better chance than most third parties due to his trophies though (meaning Nintendo was willingly to reference Rayman a bit), but I don't think his chances are as high as some people may think. This isn't to say he won't be in, I think there's some slight possibility, but I think we should take the trophies' inclusions with a grain of salt now.

Last edited:

Rythmic

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zadester
The trophies may exists because Ubisoft kept pestering Nintendo to include Rayman in Smash (which was rumored by a credible person long before we knew of Rayman's trophy). The trophies are could be used as a something to throw a bone for and that's it. I don't think the trophies should be used as strong evidence that Rayman's gonna be in the game, if they really wanted him to be DLC, they probably won't have any issue including his trophies with his DLC. He isn't the only third party character with a trophy in Smash, Commander Video from Bit Trip has a trophy as well.

He has a better chance than most third parties due to his trophies though (meaning Nintendo was willingly to reference Rayman a bit), but I don't think his chances are as high as some people may think. This isn't to say he won't be in, I think there's some slight possibility, but I think we should take the trophies' inclusions with a grain of salt now.
Ah, i didn't know about that Commander Video trophy. Also, didn't Ubisoft supply the models to Nintendo too? Thats what i heard at least. I would think Ubi supplying the model would also help Rayman getting DLC (if DLC actually happens) since Nintendo wouldn't have to spend time making a model for the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom