• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
Maybe when the WiiU version releases they could do something with Spotpass?
It's possible with what they have, and I can see it happening

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
You stole my idea MajorMajora!

Linking the systems is what's most likely going to happen.

The 3DS gets four exclusives, three newcomers and one veteran. Bowser Junior, Pittoo, Duck Hunt Dog, and Doctor Mario. The Wii U gets another four exclu, three veterans and a newcomer. Lucas, Wolf, Ice Climbers, and [REDACTED].

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
OP sounds plausible. Why are some getting mad when other people bring up DLC or adding characters?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please be true, please be true: http://i.imgur.com/0uBu7MU.png

This will make me buy a Wii U.
How can he lose his wings? I mean, every character makes logical sense in the way they play. Even Ganondorf(those are magical attacks, you know). It doesn't sound slightly believable to me.

That's the only part I question. The roster choices, yeah, makes sense to me, really.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Veterans Pack 1: Wolf, Mewtwo, Lucas

Veterans Pack 2: Ice Climbers, Roy, Snake

Newcomers Pack 1: Ridley, Dixie Kong, Impa

Newcomers Pack 2: Chorus Kids, Isaac, King K Rool

Newcomers Pack 3: Krystal, Paper Mario, Bandanna Dee

Promotional Pack: Captain Toad, Inkling, Bayonetta.

Profit: = infinite.

(Probly won't happen due to nintendos stupidity)
There's no way Smash would jump from 39 (Brawl) to 67 (SSB4). That's practically SSB6! We are only in the fourth game. Try to keep your expectations realistic.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Veterans Pack 2: Ice Climbers, Roy, Snake

I'm sorry, but I don't see Snake ever returning to the Smash Bros series unless Nintendo and Konami patch up the wounds and maybe partner up to release MGSV on Wii U. And before people pull the "MGSIV was on PS3 and Snake was in Brawl"- MGSIV was well into development for the console dating back to 2004-2005. It was coming off the heels after the dominance of the PS2 in that generation and because of Sony's arrogance in thinking 3rd parties would just carry over support to their next-gen console at the time, they developed the Cell Processor not only to be named the "most powerful console" but also to ensure it was hard to port games crafted on PS3 over to competing consoles. This is why you see MGS Collection on 360, PS3 and Vita but you don't see the 2011-2012 release of MGSIV Trophy Edition on 360. At the time, Snake's inclusion in Brawl wasn't a big deal to Nintendo because they were going with the Blue Ocean strategy and going for a separate demographic. Right now, they have a console capable of running the Fox Engine (Wii U has been confirmed LONG LONG ago to be more capable than 360/PS3- cold hard facts there) but Konami is reluctant because they were not happy with sales of their products on Nintendo's platforms. Essentially, the latest Castlevania entry on 3DS was the final nail in the coffin for Nintendo and Konami.

IF Konami's software performed moderately well, we could have seen MGSV on Wii U or other support from Konami, leading to Snake's re-inclusion the Smash Bros series. But from a business stand point, I cannot fathom Nintendo paying out licensing or a lumpsome to license Snake to be used for the latest Smash Bros. It is essentially FREE advertising for their competitors, Sony and Microsoft. It doesn't make sense. And that was Nintendo's aim with the Wii U: to go for that same Xbox 360 and PS3 crowd that unfortunately did not work out in the end. Two years ago, Smash Bros started development on Wii U and 3DS and during that time, Nintendo was trying to push for 3rd party support and basically being back in the game. Everything fell through and Konami's comments that year on their support for Nintendo consoles didn't seem so hot. I honestly think there was some tension between Nintendo and Konami as well as EA especially.

In any case, I'll get off my soap box:

I think DLC may be well underway. I just don't expect it any time soon. And at max, I see 5-8 characters being added to the roster.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
On the mertroid wiki its mentioned that he can regenerate body parts http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Ridley
...Well, then. My issue is that his tail is too long and needs work. Wings aren't a problem.

I stand corrected. Yeah, theory makes sense.

However, isn't this a leak thread by default...? I just realized it. >_<

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I'm not believing in this. There are sound business reasons for Nintendo to throw some hidden characters on Wii U, sure, but when Sakurai said that the rosters are the same between both, I don't he think he was hiding anything in that statement.

I expect to see Mewtwo and perhaps some of the cut veterans as DLC. Dixie Kong or King K. Rool (assuming he's not a stage boss) could be DLC possibilities too. Ridley is most likely a Pyrosphere stage boss which will be playable via the Wii U Gamepad, as per current rumors of playable bosses in SSB4.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm not believing in this. There are sound business reasons for Nintendo to throw some hidden characters on Wii U, sure, but when Sakurai said that the rosters are the same between both, I don't he think he was hiding anything in that statement.

I expect to see Mewtwo and perhaps some of the cut veterans as DLC. Dixie Kong or King K. Rool (assuming he's not a stage boss) could be DLC possibilities too. Ridley is most likely a Pyrosphere stage boss which will be playable via the Wii U Gamepad, as per current rumors of playable bosses in SSB4.
He said they'll have the exact same playable characters. He did not say "when". He also changed his mind on Lucina, DLC as a whole(he's not against it as is, he just prefers it free).

Sakurai would entirely do this. His only specification is that no version gets left out. In this case... none would get left out.

And Ridley will not be playable as that without being playable as a character on the 3DS, and the 3DS does not use a Tablet-style play(no room, since the screen is entirely taken up). The playable boss thing has to have unique 3DS controls. It's actually far less likely than this overall. And that's going from actual real information. The only way a playable boss will happen is if it's A) On both versions no matter what and B) Uses a regular control scheme that does not include a touch screen due to the 3DS's design.

Pakky

Smash Hero
He said they'll have the exact same playable characters. He did not say "when". He also changed his mind on Lucina, DLC as a whole(he's not against it as is, he just prefers it free).

Sakurai would entirely do this. His only specification is that no version gets left out. In this case... none would get left out.

And Ridley will not be playable as that without being playable as a character on the 3DS, and the 3DS does not use a Tablet-style play(no room, since the screen is entirely taken up). The playable boss thing has to have unique 3DS controls. It's actually far less likely than this overall. And that's going from actual real information. The only way a playable boss will happen is if it's A) On both versions no matter what and B) Uses a regular control scheme that does not include a touch screen due to the 3DS's design.
I think the playable boss thing is kind of done for the reasons you've stated, and because I think something like that would have been hinted at way earlier, like when Yellow Devil was explained.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think the playable boos thing is kind of done for the reasons you've stated, and because I think something like that would have been hinted at way earlier, like when Yellow Devil was explained.
Well, Yellow Devil is beyond scripted and wouldn't be a playable choice either way. He's not like Master Hand or even the Ultimate Chimera. He shows up like the Pokemon in Saffron City with a few annoying moves and nothing more.

There is nothing to control. I could see playable bosses(but again, both versions only since otherwise it wouldn't have the same playable characters), and I would not entirely mind. Master Hand sounds fun~

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well, Yellow Devil is beyond scripted and wouldn't be a playable choice either way. He's not like Master Hand or even the Ultimate Chimera. He shows up like the Pokemon in Saffron City with a few annoying moves and nothing more.

There is nothing to control. I could see playable bosses(but again, both versions only since otherwise it wouldn't have the same playable characters), and I would not entirely mind. Master Hand sounds fun~
True phasing back and forth doesn't seem too interactive.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
True phasing back and forth doesn't seem too interactive.
It's not even really a "playable" thing. Assist Trophies are often way more interactive. Waluigi, for instance.

He's entirely a stage hazard in every way but maybe "name" for the role at best. Master Hand is a true boss, and for Melee and 64 people, a really weird to play as character via hacks/glitches. But it's viable. In a specific course. Note how Final Destination is in both games, odd...

Pakky

Smash Hero
It's not even really a "playable" thing. Assist Trophies are often way more interactive. Waluigi, for instance.

He's entirely a stage hazard in every way but maybe "name" for the role at best. Master Hand is a true boss, and for Melee and 64 people, a really weird to play as character via hacks/glitches. But it's viable. In a specific course. Note how Final Destination is in both games, odd...
Well both Final Destination and Master Hand have become staples of the series at this point so their inclusion in both versions is to be expected.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well both Final Destination and Master Hand have become staples of the series at this point so their inclusion in both versions is to be expected.
Not what I'm saying. If the Playable Boss thing is true, then Master Hand being playable on that stage is logical and easy to program.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Not what I'm saying. If the Playable Boss thing is true, then Master Hand being playable on that stage is logical and easy to program.
Oh my apologies, understood. However is Metal Face in both versions?

Last edited:

Keetron

Smash Rookie
As I have already stated numerous times within other threads, I wouldn't be too surprised if Smash does have DLC.

After all, Mario Kart 8 is already doing DLC.
Dez here has hit on what I have been thinking. Mario Kart got DLC and it is, in my own opinion, a less popular franchise these days. It would only make sense that they have a similar plan in place for Smash

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh my apologies, understood. However is Metal Face in both versions?
Nobody knows yet.

We have yet to see it reported, though.

One thought is that it's DLC that activates the mode. The Wii U version introduces the mode. Metal Face won't appear without the DLC.

I'm not sure which I believe more myself, connectivity, playable bosses(with DLC for the other version), or new DLC after the Wii U version releases. To clarify, if the Wii U has more characters, the 3DS version will get those via DLC and/or connectivity. Nobody will be left behind regardless.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Nobody knows yet.

We have yet to see it reported, though.

One thought is that it's DLC that activates the mode. The Wii U version introduces the mode. Metal Face won't appear without the DLC.

I'm not sure which I believe more myself, connectivity, playable bosses(with DLC for the other version), or new DLC after the Wii U version releases. To clarify, if the Wii U has more characters, the 3DS version will get those via DLC and/or connectivity. Nobody will be left behind regardless.
This might be a bit wild but, do you think if Mewtwo does become playable he'll play the same as the his Melee variant or is it possible that things have changed?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This might be a bit wild but, do you think if Mewtwo does become playable he'll play the same as the his Melee variant or is it possible that things have changed?
I think he'll basically not suck. That's about it. He might have a similar moveset like Dr. Mario does. Who knows.

Like Ganondorf apparently doesn't suck in For compared to Brawl.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I think he'll basically not suck. That's about it. He might have a similar moveset like Dr. Mario does. Who knows.

Like Ganondorf apparently doesn't suck in For compared to Brawl.
I hope he's a bit faster seeing as how in game he's faster than Greninja.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
It would make a lot of sense for the Wii U version to have a few characters not in the 3DS version. We all know how much Sakurai loves to surprise us, and how much he hates spoilers. If the 3DS really contains all the characters, than it being released 3 months prior to the Wii U version is just that...one big roster spoiler. I'm pretty sure Sakurai would want there to be some surprises left in the roster for the Wii U version.

Pakky

Smash Hero
What if Mewtwo used its giant spoon from the manga? There I said it, unlikely, yes, fun, maybe.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Let's try to keep the discussion on the Theory rather than the characters who hope will be related to it potentially.

What if Mewtwo used its giant spoon from the manga? There I said it, unlikely, yes, fun, maybe.
You have won my respect.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Let's try to keep the discussion on the Theory rather than the characters who hope will be related to it potentially.

You have won my respect.
Well thank you and I apologize for going off topic.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Id be pretty happy with this, but would star fox truly get the shaft again... :(

Having wolf no matter what will still leave me depressed even if I could call it a good roster after this, if true.
Seeing wolf get cut has royally pissed me off as well, I was almost sure they'd cut the real clone...FALCO. And instead keep the one they built up in brawl, Wolf.

It makes no sense why they'd keep Falco over Wolf at this point in time, it's not like they haven't cut a melee vet now in the form Ice Climbers.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Even though i would buy all the packs despite not liking all the characters, the first veteran would appeal to me the most because it has the only 3 characters left i want in smash 4! and hey i remeber seeing you in the mewtwo thread and thats shut down now :( do you know if anyone made another mewtwo thread and if so could you link it please
Where are we supposed to talk now?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Seeing wolf get cut has royally pissed me off as well, I was almost sure they'd cut the real clone...FALCO. And instead keep the one they built up in brawl, Wolf.

It makes no sense why they'd keep Falco over Wolf at this point in time, it's not like they haven't cut a melee vet now in the form Ice Climbers.
Popularity, of course. Wolf just wasn't that popular. Being a semi-clone of Fox and having near identical specials only made it worse.

Or a time limit was up and reusing the one who is closer to a clone is faster. Wolf may be DLC, but I am not surprised who got the axe here.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Popularity, of course. Wolf just wasn't that popular. Being a semi-clone of Fox and having near identical specials only made it worse.

Or a time limit was up and reusing the one who is closer to a clone is faster. Wolf may be DLC, but I am not surprised who got the axe here.
If popularity was /any/ kind of factor we'd have more than 2 reps for starfox still.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If popularity was /any/ kind of factor we'd have more than 2 reps for starfox still.
Not really. Popularity for a specific character =/= Popularity for a series as a whole.

Falco is more popular than Wolf period.

There's only two reasons people call for Wolf these days; Technically a villain and he was a bit more unique.

He himself is not a severely popular character. Falco actually was key to a game. Wolf is just Fox's rival of the two.

And that's not even taking into account who I prefer, since that doesn't change the majority.

Also, all of Wolf's B moves could be easily thrown onto Fox except his Side B at most. Falco's Down B was far more different. Doing a Laser with no knockback, a Laser with knockback, and a short laser with stun are all variants of the same moves. All of the Up B's are almost the same. Wolf doesn't have flames. His Reflector was slightly different. The key difference to Wolf's Side B was that it was at a different angle and knockback, but was still nearly the same as Fox Illusion otherwise. His A moves were the only truly unique part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom