• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I lost to that random Rosa who just picked zss and was mimicking me which I let happen due to a moments of arrogance.
IIRC I had been saying how "arguably by results I was 2nd best zss in southern ontario" I got him to one stock both games and the he beat me.

I played him a again in losers and literally murdered him with a 3stock , afterwards he immediately got right the **** off zzs and switched to Rosa which I murdered him as well not losing a single stock both games in 3 stock format.

So come at me bro I can defend my lady zss more if you'd like ;).

Also I'm telling you right now if I had taken that set off of ally(Niagara) and Armen at my last toronto tourney (meltdown).

I might have had another chance at ranking.
Congrats, you beat a random (still having an even record with him) and lost to the other two players you mentioned. You lose 25-75 to your own smashboards posts ayy lmaoo

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Functional is better than style.

It what separates the men from the boys and the champs from the chumps

AKA Why playing :ganondorfmelee: will never get you near a top 8 ever
Well this tourney was not EVO or a major so having fun/going for a stylish trick once in a while at a smaller(even though this tourney had 180 entrants) does not hurt!

Oryx95

Smash Rookie
NNID
NofilN
What's your Skype handle?

@ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever There were multiple results for your name, 2 from Germany so I picked one. If you haven't received a contact request then I picked wrong XD Just lmk.
Would you mind adding me as well? Skype: nofilnadeem1

Adore your videos btw. Like, they're extremely well done :3

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well this tourney was not EVO or a major so having fun/going for a stylish trick once in a while at a smaller(even though this tourney had 180 entrants) does not hurt!
I guess. But sorry, I got a mindset of winning no matter the situation and rarely going for style points no matter how big or small the situation.

Came from years of playing my brothers in Street Fighter, Madden, Mortal Kombat and NBA 2K. And we are very competitive.
It's a dangerous drive to win :happysheep:

Also Nairo sempai noticed me

Last edited:

Xelion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MGSnake
Well I guess if we are exchanging Skype names, mine is xelion.ssb, just for the lolz.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Tuen_Rey

I'd also like to hop on the skype hype train. Toot toot!

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
We once had a skype thread with a purpose
Not that I'm complaining, just speaking it out loud.

Peahnuts

Smash Cadet
Aaaanyway, not specifically ZSS related but esam goes into some interesting discussion half way through this vid about wall jumping. Also, does anyone know how nairo does that low wall jump on the delfino water level? Where he does it like 1000 times. I wasn't aware you could angle the height.

Peahnuts

Smash Cadet
Flip Jump wall jumping into a kick (or sometimes the auto footstool) for edge guarding = crazy.
Now that you mention it I only use the downb wall jump for extra recovery and have never initiated the kick after doing it or to edgeguard... hmm... next time I have a set on stream...

Also who's the artist for your pic currently? looks awesome

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Now that you mention it I only use the downb wall jump for extra recovery and have never initiated the kick after doing it or to edgeguard... hmm... next time I have a set on stream...

Also who's the artist for your pic currently? looks awesome
When I desperately try to recover with dSpecial walljumps I die every second try because I press uSpecial too soon and do the kick instead.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The amount of times I've gotten a clutch wall jump that curved to the ledge without anything else left for me (jump/side-b whiff/hit out of) has been crazy.

And I'm currently on a pixiv mining craze, so it's somewhere in there.
Here's the original

48861904_p0.jpg

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
The amount of times I've gotten a clutch wall jump that curved to the ledge without anything else left for me (jump/side-b whiff/hit out of) has been crazy.

And I'm currently on a pixiv mining craze, so it's somewhere in there.
Here's the original

View attachment 68920
This is actually pretty easy to do consistently on stages like Battlefield as long as one remembers to press left stick into the stage after initiating the wall flip jump.
Goddamnit I have like 20 edits per minute.

Last edited:

Peahnuts

Smash Cadet
This is actually pretty easy to do consistently on stages like Battlefield as long as one remembers to press left stick into the stage after initiating the wall flip jump.
Goddamnit I have like 20 edits per minute.
when it's my turn to CP, instead of FD i sometimes ask to gentlemen to an omega stage that has this kind of edge for that reason. eg. battlefield, the FE stage that isn't csiege, gaur plains etc

Last edited:

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Tuen_Rey

I'd also like to hop on the skype hype train. Toot toot!
Contact request sent! Add me back and I can add you to the Skype group after work today.

Regarding flip jump wall cancelling, it's saved me many a time after a poor FF n-air by ledge. Best scenario: opponent taunts and you successfully flip jump cancel recover. BRUH I AIN'T DEAD YET!

And on a side note, tfw a popular youtuber (PheonixMaster1) subscribes to your YouTube channel:

Last edited:

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
when it's my turn to CP, instead of FD i sometimes ask to gentlemen to an omega stage that has this kind of edge for that reason. eg. battlefield, the FE stage that isn't csiege, gaur plains etc
You can do it on FD. Actually FD is better for this purpose than BF, since on BF you can only do it on the right for some strange reason...

Peahnuts

Smash Cadet
You can do it on FD. Actually FD is better for this purpose than BF, since on BF you can only do it on the right for some strange reason...
ohhh okay, I always kind of overlooked FD because of omegas with good bg tracks :p But we have a national coming up and the rules might be stricter on omega's so I'll definitely hit up training mode there.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I've gained some consistency in front facing wave bounce... this may force me to extend my custom controls further to include an alternative special button... this degree of clawing is uncomfortable.

ZSS paralyzer on the ground isn't too fantastic in terms of distance (still arguably a good choice, I've been wanting to use specials on the ground more often including paralyzer, so a minor dashback however small accentuates it's strength). The eye is on the prize of aerial use, which with full hops at least (tap jump) have also had some consistency and it looks fantastic. I could see some up air or nairs converting into this as a trap.

but ughh why can't it be easier/more comfortable.
Like, I just want to live to spam this **** because THIS IS THE FUTUREEEE.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I've gained some consistency in front facing wave bounce... this may force me to extend my custom controls further to include an alternative special button... this degree of clawing is uncomfortable.

ZSS paralyzer on the ground isn't too fantastic in terms of distance (still arguably a good choice, I've been wanting to use specials on the ground more often including paralyzer, so a minor dashback however small accentuates it's strength). The eye is on the prize of aerial use, which with full hops at least (tap jump) have also had some consistency and it looks fantastic. I could see some up air or nairs converting into this as a trap.

but ughh why can't it be easier/more comfortable.
Like, I just want to live to spam this **** because THIS IS THE FUTUREEEE.
I can use wavebounce pretty consistent now.
Played hours against my Link rival yesterday.
The depressing thing is that wavebouncing is pretty much useless against him lol
But I finally fully realised why our dash attack is called a zone breaker, I had to downright abuse it to get anything done against him.
Also nAir against Link ****ing sucks.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
A few things -

1. I just moved to socal yesterday. Going to a tournament this weekend I think so we'll see just how bad I am at the game :)
2. You won't believe me when I say this works, but if you sequence landing spaced nairs enough on shield, your opponent is eventually going to catch on and either grab you or psc dash attack you
2a. If you get hit for that enough, you can empty zair (so the animation starts but nothing comes out so they have some sort of prompting stimulus) and then immediately boost kick and forget going to step 2b because let me tell you about the savagery that commences. It is full horizontal levels of savagery.
3. I won my last tournament in KS in doubles with MJG and then he and I split to go out together on top when I was on winners side of grands so it was a pretty alright day. He kinda bopped me pretty hard 3-1 in the "play it out" set before we packed it up though.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
A few things -

1. I just moved to socal yesterday. Going to a tournament this weekend I think so we'll see just how bad I am at the game :)
2. You won't believe me when I say this works, but if you sequence landing spaced nairs enough on shield, your opponent is eventually going to catch on and either grab you or psc dash attack you
2a. If you get hit for that enough, you can empty zair (so the animation starts but nothing comes out so they have some sort of prompting stimulus) and then immediately boost kick and forget going to step 2b because let me tell you about the savagery that commences. It is full horizontal levels of savagery.
3. I won my last tournament in KS in doubles with MJG and then he and I split to go out together on top when I was on winners side of grands so it was a pretty alright day. He kinda bopped me pretty hard 3-1 in the "play it out" set before we packed it up though.
And I was wondering why it was so silent around you.
Hype to finally see you play again.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Hey all,

I have a present! It's full of hype. In fact, it's... Hype Kick II, Return of the Hype! TL;DR - start on stage and reap benefits.

Disclaimers: the quality of the video is... OK, cause the match in question is over 3 minutes long and I'm poor. This is also a friendly, so I was goofin' a bunch. What you seek happens twice: at 1:17 and at 3:43.

The key observation I made is this: ZSS can kick below the starting height of her flip kick. This yields some excellent benefits when the Hype Kick II is performed.
  • Her kick hits well below the stage, if need be
  • Her kick hits inside slanted edges
  • She does not need to start off stage, which presents less risk of getting struck by recoveries (phantasm/monkey flip/bouncing fish/etc)
  • Timing can be varied to catch foe (Flip Kick I required you to have the timing correct when down B started, with little to no adjustment).
Regarding the kick reaching below and inside the stage, refer to this photo:

I think this could be beneficial for catching recoveries that hug the edge. It can also catch bouncing fish, I think. I'll need to use it more to figure all that out. If failed, you do end up far below the edge, but I find that boost kick trades with many of the options people would use to catch you, and you already get some time to get back since they were avoiding the kick itself.

Something to look for!

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Congrats, you beat a random (still having an even record with him) and lost to the other two players you mentioned. You lose 25-75 to your own smashboards posts ayy lmaoo
Why you...
-_-#.

It's time like this I didn't waste so many skill points into things like dota... maybe I'll get back to actually practicing so I can lose to you just slightly?

When I desperately try to recover with dSpecial walljumps I die every second try because I press uSpecial too soon and do the kick instead.
Actually depending on how high you are when you actually do the wall jump, you can actually live from the kick so long as you kick asap.

It will kind of work for a counter edgeguard,
My wii u is plugged in and if I'm not feeling lazy /distracted after work I'll make a quick video thanks to the youtube thing.

@ Take 5 Take 5 Can't actually remember my Skype atm but I've got it on my laptop again.

I'll hit you up with a pm

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Hey all,

I have a present! It's full of hype. In fact, it's... Hype Kick II, Return of the Hype! TL;DR - start on stage and reap benefits.

Disclaimers: the quality of the video is... OK, cause the match in question is over 3 minutes long and I'm poor. This is also a friendly, so I was goofin' a bunch. What you seek happens twice: at 1:17 and at 3:43.

The key observation I made is this: ZSS can kick below the starting height of her flip kick. This yields some excellent benefits when the Hype Kick II is performed.
  • She does not need to start off stage, which presents less risk of getting struck by recoveries (phantasm/monkey flip/bouncing fish/etc)
  • Timing can be varied to catch foe (Flip Kick I required you to have the timing correct when down B started, with little to no adjustment).

I think this could be beneficial for catching recoveries that hug the edge. It can also catch bouncing fish, I think. I'll need to use it more to figure all that out. If failed, you do end up far below the edge, but I find that boost kick trades with many of the options people would use to catch you, and you already get some time to get back since they were avoiding the kick itself.

Something to look for!
Sounds interesting, I'll put some time into it. But it's a risky move no doubt.

T-Loc

Smash Rookie
Hey all,

Something to look for!
I've attempted similar methods before, but you have to be really careful because if you don't get the hit before the opponent snaps to the ledge, they can drop down DAir spike you since your recovery post whiff is super limited.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Man... I really need to work on nair RAR bair... no idea why I'm so terrible at it in tournament, but I can do it almost consistently in practice... -.-
I also keep forgetting to jump after I d-smash people at the ledge before I flip-kick... :(

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Man... I really need to work on nair RAR bair... no idea why I'm so terrible at it in tournament, but I can do it almost consistently in practice... -.-
I also keep forgetting to jump after I d-smash people at the ledge before I flip-kick... :(
I feel you on the bAir part. Like I can do nAir > bAir semi consistently in Tournaments, dThrow > bAir consistently at low percent but dThrow > IDJ bAir I just **** up every time.

T-Loc

Smash Rookie
Speaking of DThrow at low %, I've been able to land a nice little string a few times on unsuspecting sheik scrubs in Anthers and at my locals that can possibly result in the stock. Basically (assuming sheik is at 0%) it's Grab>DThrow>FAir> FF aerial chase to threaten UpAir and bait the air dodge>Grab>2xpummel(or less if they started with some %)>BnB combo, which starts working on sheiks at exactly 23% and kills with poor DI.

It's definitely possible for them to avoid, but you'd be surprised at how often people forget to mash out of grabs. It makes for a great surprise/comeback option.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Speaking of DThrow at low %, I've been able to land a nice little string a few times on unsuspecting sheik scrubs in Anthers and at my locals that can possibly result in the stock. Basically (assuming sheik is at 0%) it's Grab>DThrow>FAir> FF aerial chase to threaten UpAir and bait the air dodge>Grab>2xpummel(or less if they started with some %)>BnB combo, which starts working on sheiks at exactly 23% and kills with poor DI.

It's definitely possible for them to avoid, but you'd be surprised at how often people forget to mash out of grabs. It makes for a great surprise/comeback option.
BnB on Sheik starts at 32%. Everything before that can be airdodged.

Top Bottom