• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

David Viran

Smash Lord
Yeah that's how he died at the end of the rosalina match. I think I know what he was trying to do; he was trying to bait the opponent's up Smash and punish the start up on it. He did get the up Smash but screwed up the timing on the punishment and died. Hey that's Salem for you likes to take a lot of risks.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Just got word that Dakpo won a tournament. Not sure who was there, more details to come I'm sure!

coopreme

Smash Cadet
Hello all. After watching a little bit of 1fow1 I've picked up ZSS and may I just say WOW. I really had issues with this game for a while but i think i've found my main. So far her combo (strings) game is cleaner than anyone else I've played with.

oh and dat up b.
:samus:

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
When this game came out, I said I was going to pick whatever character was the best between Wii Fit, BJR, Dr mario, and Charizard since I liked them the most.

Turns out they are all relatively difficult to have consistent success, so I am hoping aboard the ZSS train. Hello!

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I really want to see more of Salem's ZSSamus. He is my hero since Apex 2013 ;_;7

David Viran

Smash Lord
I've loved Salem since apex 2013 too. Just love how he plays. Also there is a trailer for that tournament on clash tournaments on clash tournaments YouTube channel. Sorry that I don't have a link.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I've loved Salem since apex 2013 too. Just love how he plays. Also there is a trailer for that tournament on clash tournaments on clash tournaments YouTube channel. Sorry that I don't have a link.
Thanks, I'll look it up. :nifty:

I just had one of the best 1on1 FG sessions ever. Had a guy who played 50/50 low tier high tier and he solely taught the importance of sh ff nair (yes I rarely ever used it before (yes I'm that bad (yes I use lag as an excuse sometimes))). He even started with Ike and styled me to death. Great stuff.

Ghetto Blush

Smash Apprentice
Hey I have a few questions after watching your play.

How real is uair->uair->up b? Does it only work on fast fallers? Also I saw you jab->up b Lucario in grand finals. Is this a true combo like Melee Fox jab->usmash or did your opponent just not react fast enough?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Certain characters it true combos.

Lucario is in a class where if they try to shield too early, they will air dodge into the ground, making the boost kick guaranteed.

Some characters can just hold down and shield and it doesn't work.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
So I started the Diddy Kong MUCan you guys check it out the MU Thread and pitch some stuff when you get a chance I'm not the best at the MU and I'm sure there are those better at it that have things to add.

Thanks.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Sounds about right (although i was a zss main before brawl came out :p) ,I kinda feel like I need to reach apex this year if I have the funding so I can mm every zss main there xD.

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
I live in Jersey and still haven't decided on going or not. lol.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Yes I did, she was just so fluid and I loved how her punish from downsmash worked. After seeing Salem take Apex 2013 my fate as a ZSS player was sealed.
I was the same way that apex finals with Salem was the first competitive match I had seen and my favorite. I was a brawl zss main also.

David Viran

Smash Lord
How do you like the changes? I enjoy the new up-b a lot!
I love the changes. She feels fluid and even faster while retaining the super strong punish game that I like. Her up b was a good change I think too.

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
Yeah the Brawl up-b would feel out of place since the new one is not only a great recovery but also a solid kill move.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The only problem I have with this ZSS is that I got too used to punish with Dash Attack in Brawl lol

Despite that, I'm starting to like this character more and more ♥

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Small question: Why do so many players think that ZSSamus isn't good/not as good as Sheik?
Are people just sleeping on her because there are so few ZSS mains or is she really lacking something crutial?

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Small question: Why do so many players think that ZSSamus isn't good/not as good as Sheik?
Are people just sleeping on her because there are so few ZSS mains or is she really lacking something crutial?
I think because there are some people think she is better than she really is it makes others think that she is worse than she really is. It's pretty black and white right now. Zss is amazing at everything but that darn shield but she can still pressure it pretty well. It makes neutral pretty complex but I still don't think she has a bad neutral by any means.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I think because there are some people think she is better than she really is it makes others think that she is worse than she really is. It's pretty black and white right now. Zss is amazing at everything but that darn shield but she can still pressure it pretty well. It makes neutral pretty complex but I still don't think she has a bad neutral by any means.
By the way, there is a new PP thread in the general competitive discussion and I think ZSS can get a lot out of PP away > Dsmash. Awesome save zoning let me tell ya.

David Viran

Smash Lord
By the way, there is a new PP thread in the general competitive discussion and I think ZSS can get a lot out of PP away > Dsmash. Awesome save zoning let me tell ya.
I know I mentioned it in the zss PP thread because dsmash is actually immune to shield grabs because you can jab them in the middle of there grab and if they stay in shield if you jab you can do the jab mixups.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
God I'm so goddamn mad. Watched the vgcb tourney until right after singles started because that was already past 3am here and thought no problem, just gonna watch the twitch archives, but NOOOO you can't change the video quality because of a ****ty bug and the ****ty internet my family at home has makes source unwatchable. Apparently Nairo used a lot of ZSS and GFs was Fox vs Sonic. I'd really loved to see that.

Thanks for reading my blog

Merry ****ing Christmas everyone.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I have a capture card but it's one town over at my place... I might be able to just dl it and rerecord and upload it with vlc, or some junk.
@ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I have a capture card but it's one town over at my place... I might be able to just dl it and rerecord and upload it with vlc, or some junk.
@ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever
That would be awesome, at least some of the ZSS matches would be great. If I read those brackets right, he lost to a Sonic.
We knew this day would come :drflip:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I actually landed that one V115 he was like "pp Down smash? I don't believe that was intentional" *troll face * "well actually it was"

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
It is totally something I need to incorporate a lot more since if imy ever really punished from a pivot Down smash , it's always just literally due to the small step forward she takes upon start up.

Unfortunately I'm using that crap imitation gc controller that has a terrible design for the analog stick so it's quite difficult atm.

Top Bottom