• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Ah, it does include shield stun, all three frames. Though it also assumes a power shield for us. So. That's a thing. I was thinking about making a colorful chart for it, but now I'm going in and trying to find every character aerial that this applies to. I'll take a mental note about Falcon's back air.

EDIT -

Yeah, Falcon's Bair does it too. If he lands on the frame after the hitbox, he incurs 12 frames of landing lag. If he waits 3 frames to reach the end of the landing lag window and instead incurs fast fall lag, his total wait is 7 frames.

EDIT 2 -

I just spent the last few hours categorizing the characters that should wait for their autocancel windows versus characters that shouldn't... for all aerials. Looks like about 100 different aerials work this way. Exactly zero belong to ZSS. Wheee. Projectiles work funny though, so I have look into it further before presenting full results. So, I guess it's more common than I would have guessed. Too bad we don't get in on this action.

Last edited:

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
Xanadu 100 grand-finals got me hyped as hell, Nairo is looking like a strong contender to taking ZeRo's bounty in the upcoming CEO.

Hes got a really awesome/unusual lineup of characters for a top player, :4pit::4darkpit::4robinf::4zelda::4zss: he would make a much better king of sm4sh than ZeRo's :4diddy::4sheik: IMO.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I am jealous of this social of nerdy researchers and the beautiful research that takes place in your character board.

I also dislike getting killed outright at 40%. Flip Jump is dumb/broken/<insert adjective here>. I just needed to watch more ZSS against characters with combo games to understand.

That is all.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY.

I am jealous of this social of nerdy researchers and the beautiful research that takes place in your character board.

I also dislike getting killed outright at 40%. Flip Jump is dumb/broken/<insert adjective here>. I just needed to watch more ZSS against characters with combo games to understand.

That is all.
It's great, maining a character that isn't blatantly easy but still brutally very very good means GREAT SUCCESS.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's known as name searching, but I honestly feel bad for him.

Nairo really is representing ZSS's toolkit in basically a "full game understanding thus far" kind of way. Side B? He's got it in there. Zair? He's got it. Reverse up air for frame trapping? yep. Flip Jump frame trapping and comboing? Like this is where I've been saying we need to be careful, but alas lool.

Just about everyone is going to be getting crushed by Nairo using flip jump as well as he does. Very smart DI only seems to make other follow ups more pronounced. Top players may adjust to avoid it (they'll have to, otherwise, RIP every character in the game TBH), but I'm not entirely sure how at this stage (more campy / shield holding doesn't really seem to be a valid strategy, you can die at 40%...)

But yeah, everyone nairo is bopping right now is showing a lot of dejection. He's killing every top player he goes against at sub-100% pretty consistently.
ZSS is a monster, and in the mid-term starting from now, I'm really only worried about player adaptions that involve time outs.

c23lui

Smash Rookie
Flip jump is beginning to look more and more as ZSS's best kill option. Up B is DI out of -able and the setups into Flip Jump Spikes begin at super early percents. I think Nairo was the first to start using Downsmash -> Flip Jump Spike as well as Shffl Nair -> FJ Spike. I think with Nairo's pioneering, ZSS will start to be recognized as being much more tournament viable than before.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
That realisation was made probably a month or two ago now.

Boost Kick having triple jump glitch and often being inconsistent just doesn't match up with flip jump. It's still a good oos option though.

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Between the utilization of off stage flip jump frame traps and the hype kick the off edge pressure is so real. Note - I'll probably always call it the hype kick. Cause it's so hype. It's kicking on the edge to hit the vulnerable frame... I'm currently dedicating time toward figuring out how to hit this more since dsmash doesn't cut it.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Between the utilization of off stage flip jump frame traps and the hype kick the off edge pressure is so real. Note - I'll probably always call it the hype kick. Cause it's so hype. It's kicking on the edge to hit the vulnerable frame... I'm currently dedicating time toward figuring out how to hit this more since dsmash doesn't cut it.
I'm sure you've seen it already, but just in case...
It would appear that the ledge-snap vulnerability only happens if approaching from below the ledge. When approaching from level with or above the stage, you seem to snap with full invincibility.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I'm sure you've seen it already, but just in case...
It would appear that the ledge-snap vulnerability only happens if approaching from below the ledge. When approaching from level with or above the stage, you seem to snap with full invincibility.
I've heard some hypothesizing about it, but I'm not 100% convinced. Besides, approaching level or above reopens the usage of dsmash, heh. If I had more play-test kind of awesomeness (as you all may notice, I'm a numbers guy), I'd look into that directional theory of ledge snap vulnerability.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
DOes anyone know of a good basics guide for this character? Been having some fun with ZSS lately, but I dunno what I'm doin :urg:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Flip jump is beginning to look more and more as ZSS's best kill option. Up B is DI out of -able and the setups into Flip Jump Spikes begin at super early percents. I think Nairo was the first to start using Downsmash -> Flip Jump Spike as well as Shffl Nair -> FJ Spike. I think with Nairo's pioneering, ZSS will start to be recognized as being much more tournament viable than before.
Chocos actually been doing nair to flip jump spike since like November.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I won a Bi-weekly today GOD DAMN I needed this so bad with my self-esteem dwindling down day by day the flame has been fed the hunger has been sated a bit.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I won a Bi-weekly today GOD DAMN I needed this so bad with my self-esteem dwindling down day by day the flame has been fed the hunger has been sated a bit.
Yooooooooo! Congrats. I haven't won anything in Smash 4 yet. Got a few 4th places though. I'll have more time to practice seriously when my PhD is done, heh. Anyways, keep it up!

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Thanks although there was not much competition there since it was kind of a small tourney but meh, pay 5$ and leave with 40$ 2 and a half hours later We take those xD. Just a shame it was only 5$ and not 10$, I just like the thrill from climbing brackets.

Man I also had some legitimate questions I was pondering and can only think of one that I probably know the answer to subconsciously.

If someone is shielding on a platform is it possible to wait a bit and then SH paralyzer them for a shield poke? Yes I realize upsmash would probably yield better results but I was thinking for those cases where people will roll on the platform and then sit in shield waiting for an over commitment they can punish. Would be nice to get some edge slips on people and free boots kicks.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I got new glasses yesterday, and I'm particularly blind with harsh astigmatism so the world's been very disorientating.
My old frames were janked/skewed/bent all over though, and one of the first things I noticed with new frames was that I was seeing the world tilted and had to keep asserting in the mirror my glasses were on straight. God dammit brain, you were working extra hard for me all this time, I was such a fool for not understanding your true feelings!

I have a tournament this Sunday which I hope I'll do well at. I feel like I'm reacting faster, although I may still be too wonky/ill (my script is pretty harsh and my vision is going in and out of focus constantly).

--

I always shield poke up air eventually. The way her legs curve back on the second half of the arc make it really good for hitting that single vulnerability spot. Back hit of neutral air is also -really really good- for that as it can cover rolls and you'll be very very low to the ground to hit someone on a platform with it. A nair plus one other aerial and I'm looking at the shield pokes (sometimes bair can do it too!)

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Oh man guys apparently zeros performance during e3 probably added to the removal of a janky af mechanic if this rings true.

Supposedly zero suit had the ability to hover like peach's float in the e3 build of the game.

Man that would have been sweet as [insert something sweet]...
This is why we can't have nice things xD I kind of want to imagine how the letters SS would look beside Zss's picture on the first tier list if she still had that.
.*drools*

@ Shaya Shaya man I know that feel all to well I've needed glasses since I was like 12 (25 currently) and my first pair broke around 2 months after I had them and my parents never got me a new pair and then later forgot I required them...

Ended up buying my own pair when I didn't have such substantial money johns, what with the need to make an appointment, pay for that then go pay for the frames ,lenses ect oh god the headaches.

I've had my pair right now for like a year and 2 months, the change in definition kinda made me feel like I was living a lie ....or a dream?

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Supposedly zero suit had the ability to hover like peach's float in the e3 build of the game.
As a Peach player across games, this would've been hype. Considering Peach's combo game in Smash 4 with floating, imagine it in the hands of Zamus.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I went and won a tournament today. I had to go Sheik for tiny brawler (my god is that a load of bull ****, either 2hard or need to learn it).
Got quite a few replays (I'm hoping the following is in one of them); my favourite thing was my latest technology working out in tournament

Back throw -> Down B ->
Oh they DI'd badly? They're dead.
Oh they DI'd it? As down-b puts you backwards, as you trail down lower you can then [jump] back air to punish air dodges/etc.

Seriously the sickest thing I've done since jump off stage semi charged paralyzer a recovering foe into flip kick.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Downloading here too but it takes forever.
Sheik and Diddy Nerfed again. (placebo may apply)

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Bair kills earlier! Pre patch it killed wii fit at the ledge of FD at like 98% but now it kills at 92%.

DragonBall_Zack

Smash Cadet
ZSS doesn't feel different to me. But I don't tend to notice any patch changes much to be honest haha. Also Dreamland seems to be a good stage for ZSS.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Can flip-kick still edge-cancel?
Is side-b still butt?
Anything about no longer escaping boost kick?
GRAB?!
Utilt still finishing it's animation after clanking with another move?

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Played a while and couldn't find any differences. Didn't went out of my way to test anything though.

Did someone test RCO lag already?

Last edited:

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
ZSS feels the same.

I suggest we advocate heavily for Miiverse's addition to the legal neutral stages, screw your BF bans. (We can go under it like Smashville, as well.)

Last edited:

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
Roy feels good but his recovery is iffy. You can tell he has a lot of little setups and combos though.

Ryu is flat-out broken good. I am...concerned.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Roy feels good but his recovery is iffy. You can tell he has a lot of little setups and combos though.

Ryu is flat-out broken good. I am...concerned.
Nah, bad hitboxes, no disjoints, no range.
I think he is solid but he has issues. Nothing broken to be found here.

Last edited:

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
Nah, bad hitboxes, no disjoints, no range.
I think he is solid but he has issues. Nothing broken to be found here.
His specials are all pretty amazing, his recovery is quite good (Shoryuken even hits onstage when it sweet spots) and his power in general is stupid. The hitboxes aren't nearly as bad as you think, especially dash attack and Bair. Ftilt breaks shields - even his downthrow onto a shielded opponent breaks shields - and we can't camp him out.

Telling you, he's pretty effing good.

Top Bottom