• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The WFTGD: How About Some Deep Breathing?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I've been maiming WFT since I bought the game and never been in the social.

Huh

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I've been maiming WFT since I bought the game and never been in the social.

Huh
That's just how it goes sometimes. Anyway welcome~

----------------------------------------

Finally finished that jab thread I said I'd do ~This thing is seriously overdue, like I'd been playing with this stuff since a little before I discovered Rtacc was a thing, but didn't have my numbers right.

Hope it can be useful to everyone. Now to finally finish up the ledge coverage thread...

⑨ball

Smash Ace
New MU Hub made.

New threads added. Moved the footstool link into the MU discussion section since it's kind of a big deal considering how strong out punish game is.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I guess we need to unstick the current matchup thread and favor the new one.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey WFT players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Wii Fit Trainer and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

⑨ball

Smash Ace
This thread for the next 2-3 days is the official JohnNumbers support thread.

Show our boy even more than support than usual guys!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This thread for the next 2-3 days is the official JohnNumbers support thread.

Show our boy even more than support than usual guys!
He's gonna win EVO like he won NWC

Wii Fit Hype
image.jpg

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW OMG!

Nakat's face was priceless! What's funny is just two weeks ago, I asked John on stream how he deals with rush down characters.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Wish I could have saw that Aerolink match. I think WFT does well against her customs or no.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
The 16 players still in winners:
ZeRo :4sheik::4diddy:
John #s :4wiifit:
Ally :4mario:
MJG :4villager:
Abadango :4pacman::rosalina:
Angel Cortes :4diddy:
ESAM :4pikachu:
??? :substitute:
Nairo :4zss::4darkpit:
False :4sheik:
Larry Lurr :4fox:
CaptAwesum :4villager:
StaticManny :4sonic:
FOW :4ness:
Mr-R :4sheik:
Dapuffster :4miibrawl:

Number's first match is against ZeRo. Custom WFT has the tools to take on both Sheik and Diddy, but it won't be a free ride. There's no doubt in my mind that he's trying to do some last minute labbing so he can punish Jumbo Hoops which will be the biggest change outside of default WFT v Sheik and a significant one as it's a strong option against recoveries.

Matches begin at 8am friends so be sure to tune in and show even more support!

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
He's against ZERO!? It's official. The TO hates wii fit trainer and is sending his top assassin to kill her as quickly as possible. RIP

/s

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This will be he greatest upset of all time. Mark my words.

image.jpg

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
HEY, Smashboards very own Christian Redmon (wii twerk trainer) is also in top 32!!!! We have 2 WFTs in top 32 of the biggest national tournament of the year...*hyperventilating* *Deep Breathing*

He has to play against Dabuz first.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
HEY, Smashboards very own Christian Redmon (wii twerk trainer) is also in top 32!!!! We have 2 WFTs in top 32 of the biggest national tournament of the year...*hyperventilating* *Deep Breathing*

He has to play against Dabuz first.
Both WFT have to play against the #1 & #2 best Smash 4 players.

Wanna be the best, gotta beat the best.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Very rough turn out. Zero played that optimally. The fsmash read was hype. Really makes me want to lab Sheik even harder.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I remember at the last SKTAR John Numbers was trying to train his Yoshi specifically for the Shiek matchup. I knew the moment Zero was chosen that John would have a lot of trouble. At least he didn't run away the whole match repeatedly like he usually does, lol.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I'm just happy that I was able to help John get to Evo. RushHour Smash held a week long fundraiser for him because he said that he wasn't even going to go. Now look, top 32 out of almost 2000 people!

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I'm just happy that I was able to help John get to Evo. RushHour Smash held a week long fundraiser for him because he said that he wasn't even going to go. Now look, top 32 out of almost 2000 people!
Didn't even hear about this. We need a tighter watch on our players.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Didn't even hear about this. We need a tighter watch on our players.
They randomly did it after the last SKTAR. After John got 1st, he got interviewed by Keitaro and he eventually found out that John wasn't going to Evo. On the spot, Keitaro set up a huge 3-4 hour campaign to get the money, using any and every technique available. It was pretty touching, and I kind of got caught up in the moment, so sorry that I forgot to tell everyone.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
That's pretty cool of Keitaro. Really happy players like Numbers and Salem got to go. Even still though, I had no idea Twerk was in which is something I'd like to remedy for these bigger tournaments. Our player base is small enough that it's not too hard to keep track of things like this.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Results with Characters
1st. ZeRo :4sheik:/:4diddy:
2nd. Mr R :4sheik:
3rd. Nairo :4zss:
4th. Abadango :4wario2:/:4pacman:/:rosalina:
5th. Dabuz :rosalina:/:4olimar:
5th. Ally :4mario:/:4marth:
7th. ESAM :4pikachu:
7th. FOW :4ness:
9th. Larry Lurr :4sheik:/:4fox:
9th. Rain :4sheik:
9th. SS :4villagerf:
9th. Static Manny :4sonic:
13th. False :4sheik:(maybe :4luigi:)
13th. DaPuffster :4miibrawl:
13th. Regi:4gaw:
13th. Mocha :4sonic:
17th. 8bitman :4rob:
17th. John Numbers :4wiifit:
17th. Salem/Tyrant (lol double DQ) :4metaknight:
17th. MJG :4villagerf:
17th. Angel Cortez :4diddy:
17th. Bloodcross :4charizard:
17th. CaptAwesum :4villagerf:
25th. Trevonte :4sheik:/:4palutena:
25th. Shaky :4ness:
25th. Salem/Tyrant (both DQ'd) :4sheik:
25th. Mr. Con Con :4luigi:
25th. Falln :rosalina:
25th. Vinnie :4sheik:
25th. Christian Rendon :4wiifit: (i think?)
25th. Tweek :4bowserjr:

7 Sheiks, 2 Rosalinas, Diddies, Nesses, WFTs, Villagers, ZSSes.
Congratulations to our very own @John12346 and @ Wii Twerk Trainer Wii Twerk Trainer for placing in the top 32 with one of the most underated character in the series!

Wish we could have seen Christian on stream but I'm pretty happy to see we in there!

Let's all do our best to step our game up and reach greater heights from here on out. If nothing else we've certainly proven we have the player skill in our midsts to do so~

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
I love seeing :4wiifit: next to all those :4sheik::rosalina:s. Great job guys :)

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
Props to John Numbers he did his best and made WFT's proud. That match vs Zero seemed brutal i struggle with the sheik MU all the time.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I forgot that John even had a Smashboards account, whoops. He checks his Facebook pretty frequently, so go to John Goldberg's page if you want to give him a quick congrats.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
If I'm honest Dabuz has always been one of my favorite players as I understand how much skill it takes to actually play patient, so this was a pretty disheartening set of tweets.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
If I'm honest Dabuz has always been one of my favorite players as I understand how much skill it takes to actually play patient, so this was a pretty disheartening set of tweets.

He REALLLLY dislikes the WFT matchup. I randomly fought him in For Glory and won, and when I checked his stream afterwards he had been raging about how annoying the fight was the whole time. Of course, he was saying this as he was trying to Nair me into Luma infinite jabs and Rosy's 20 foot up/down airs, lol.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

He REALLLLY dislikes the WFT matchup. I randomly fought him in For Glory and won, and when I checked his stream afterwards he had been raging about how annoying the fight was the whole time. Of course, he was saying this as he was trying to Nair me into Luma infinite jabs and Rosy's 20 foot up/down airs, lol.
I guess he's just not FIT enough for the MU :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
So if the community decides to ban customs, would WFT be able to place that well again?

Then again, Waveguider uses standard WFT even with customs on.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So if the community decides to ban customs, would WFT be able to place that well again?

Then again, Waveguider uses standard WFT even with customs on.
Wii Fot is pretty decent without her customs but it depends on the player. She isn't :4zelda:/:4ganondorf:/:4miisword: bad but she has so many weaknesses.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I'm happy I made it that far using him(Male Wii Fit <3 ) Sadly non of my matches(besides vs Dabuz) were steamed because they were only streaming matches from popular and well known players.

Played against many Luigis and Marios in Pool 1. Got 1st in it.

Pool 2 I got sent into losers by FOW. Was 2-0,but both matches were pretty close. Played against a custom DK(ugh), but I beat him. Played against a very good King Dedede who's PR'd in another region. Had to play against one of my good friends(he's the best Link in SoCal). Finally, I played against DKwill in losers finals for a spot in Top 32. I won 2-0 :D

I really wish my other matches were streamed, but sadly they weren't.

Last edited:
Top Bottom