• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The WFTGD: How About Some Deep Breathing?

Xyless

Smash Master
I've been a fan since day one of Smash 64 to be able to use as many characters as possible, Wii Fit is just the closest to my play style, so she'll still be my main, but I gotta learn using RTAC and ledge trumping more lol

Impax

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if I'm doing this right, but I've been lurking for a while. Never been in a competitive tournament, so I'm not very good. But I do lurk here a lot so thought I'd join.

Domingo:
Talents: Chess
Likes: New experiences and foods. Sports (Football, soccer, tennis) video games
Dislikes: Things staying the same
Goals: Get my masters degree, work for an NGO, travel
Other facts: I'm not a very good at cooking, I'm a terrible athlete, and I play most video games on easy ;)

Last edited:

Mark The Page

Smash Apprentice
Oh hey, I also lurk here.

I used to be a Villager main, one hundred percent. WFT was my next most used yet I could never win with her. Then one fateful day I made a Villager montage video and jinxed myself. Now it's WTF on top and Villager is taking a backseat.

Something clicked. I've done nothing but boast about how Pichu could kick Wii Fit's ass to the Shadow Realm and back but now I'm getting a top tier performance out of her. I'm wrecking face and stretching legs and it's magical and I want to share my fabulousness with you guys and it's also really confusing because why am I winning so much when she's supposed to be losing to everyone who doesn't even play Smash Bros?

Lord_Espurr

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wheresthetoilet
3DS FC
5129-1941-8904
Whoo! Lurkers unite! I decided to be a wii fit main on day one. Her hitboxes were so hard to get used to, I almost dropped her. But now that I know them, I'm glad I didn't. Sure, she isn't top tier, but she isn't trash either.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Lurkers be welcome to our health environment!

Speaking of which, for these last weeks I noticed I was drinking way too much soda, forcing me to stop by the bathroom way too often. A couple days of only water and I'm as good as new. I won't be dropping soda anytime soon though...

⑨ball

Smash Ace
So hype over Roy and Ryu confirmation.

So mad that in game tips say Lucas' usmash is the strongest in the game with a hitbox large enough to hit enemies on the ledge.

Lord_Espurr

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wheresthetoilet
3DS FC
5129-1941-8904
I think Ryu might beat us in "worst up smash hitbox".

Lord_Espurr

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wheresthetoilet
3DS FC
5129-1941-8904
Has anyone got the update yet? Are the replays still intact?
Edit: they are broken but I can't find any changes to WFT.

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
@ Macchiato Macchiato yeah, the love boost nerf was just a side effect of system wide mechanics. Nair and usmash getting buffed are huge. FFnair>usmash/upB too gdlk.

YO @John12346 LESSS GOOO!!!!

Last edited:

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
John numbers good ****. The buff wifi fit trainer from that pic in the smash direct lent john numbers her power. Numbers beasted on Cosmo while they were playing on the last stage. You got to shake hands with flipping miyamoto. You should make sure your new 3ds stays in minty shape. You can prolly sell it for like $100K on eBay. Looool

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
nvm bad ideas, fixed to more relevant post

name: bnk
talents: can sketch Pokemon card art

goals: lawyer
other facts: favorite game is Paper Mario

Last edited:

Nilworth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nilworth
Hey everyone, been looking around these boards awhile now and thought I'd finally join the community. Been a WFT main since day one and haven't regretted it once. Recently went to my first tournament and played WFT with Rosalina as my 2nd.

Name: Nilworth
Talents: One of the best Smash 4 players in my town, writer, artist.
Dislikes: Seafood, waking up early
Goals: 2D animator or comic illustrator
Other facts: Dark Souls, League of Legends, and Smash are my favorite games (Splatoon might be added once it gets party matchmaking.)

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Sakurai nerfed Din's Fire

>Worst Projectile
>Nerfed
In 1.06 I saw her sweetspot got reduced in size, but there weren't any noted changes for Zelda outside of usmash and nair for 1.08(though it's missing IASA and the like data). What do you mean? I also think PK flash is a much worse projectile.

While on the topic of 1.06 for everyone btw, thought I'd give you this gem:

Patch 1.0.6 Changelog

Same caveats and limitations apply.

Code:
Wii Fit Trainer
---------------
Fsmash
    all hitboxes
        made irreversible
Usmash
    initial setup hit, all hitboxes
        kbg 105 -> 100
        bkb 30 -> 31
Irreversible basically means it can't send in the opposite direction you're facing (if I understand it right).

Our non existent setup hit on usmash also got nerfed.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616

>Worst Projectile
>Nerfed
Din's Fire has always been disgusting in both teams and lower-level player.

If Zelda ever wants to be a strong competitor, she has to shed at least some of her silly pubstomp-ness first.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Ah, forgot to mention this too and get you guys input, specifically @Indigo Jeans and @ Thinkaman Thinkaman .

Was playing some friendlies against Mario and shot a fully charged SS into cape. Had about 147% and got hit around the same frame I healed on, didn't go anywhere. I've never noticed any mention of super armor in any of the data collected.

Any idea what this might have been?

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517

>Worst Projectile
>Nerfed
why do you always start Zelda nerf discussions here :p?

Ah, forgot to mention this too and get you guys input, specifically @Indigo Jeans and @ Thinkaman Thinkaman .

Was playing some friendlies against Mario and shot a fully charged SS into cape. Had about 147% and got hit around the same frame I healed on, didn't go anywhere. I've never noticed any mention of super armor in any of the data collected.

she prolly absorbed the salutaion back to her body /jk

Lord_Espurr

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wheresthetoilet
3DS FC
5129-1941-8904

I remember reading that damage taken affects knockback. Maybe the game thought that you took -1 damage from the sun salutation and that messed it up.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I made a thread in another forum for training with specific characters. The first 2 posts were immediate "I'm practicing Yoshi!" posts.

Still mad at how overused Yoshi is. Even the best Yoshi on the website says that you can just mash buttons with him and win.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Yoshi's got some pretty good buttons lol. Still hasn't been tapped to his fullest which makes him all the more scary. I'm actually pretty happy to see him designed so well this time around.

Now if only my girl Samus could get some slow missiles on default, stronger smash missiles, and more jab hitstun (since they're very obviously never going to make that combo).

Ah, almost finish collecting all the data for the jab thread I'm going to do, so I'll finish up the ledge coverage thread soon and drop that for everyone.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Roy is really working out for me. His agressive playstyle is actually perfect. I'll probably just keep WiiFit and Zelda as a secondary.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Roy is really working out for me. His agressive playstyle is actually perfect. I'll probably just keep WiiFit and Zelda as a secondary.
The long journey of a coffee drink comes to a ph1r3y end. Roy is pretty fun. If he had a low grab I'd have definitely picked him up as a secondary.

Top Bottom