• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wait for New amiibo: Pit, Captain Falcon, and Luigi, where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Well, you'll have all your mains from 64 to Wii U by Wave 3! Lucky....
Well more-so, Wave 3 has the amiibo's that at least look decent for all of them. Poor Marth. Poor you. :urg:

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I'm still hoping they make amiibo for the Koopalings, would love to get my hands on an Iggy one too alongside my Captain Falcon and Shulk amiibos.
That won't ever happen. If they do. They'd have to make Dark link, Old school Toon Link, Fire mario, Old and new Wario, etc...

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
That won't ever happen. If they do. They'd have to make Dark link, Old school Toon Link, Fire mario, Old and new Wario, etc...
I'd settle for just the ones that are model changes. Alph, Classic Wario, Hoodie and Wireframe Mac...Skylanders does color variants as retailer exclusives so again I'm a little puzzled that entire characters are exclusive to certain stores.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Still waiting on my Robin, Jiggly, and Greninja Amiibos. I might pick up Mega Man sometime, after I get Kirby and Villager.

pixelatedcody

Pixelated Inkling
NNID
cncody
Amazon Only seems to have the Luigi Amiibo from wave 2 available for pre-order...
I wonder if they'll update the others? When I checked it before wave 1 was released they allowed you to pre-order all but Pit...

Odd.

I plan on getting all the waves.. already have the 1st wave... Rest in peace wallet... :substitute: T.T

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Amazon Only seems to have the Luigi Amiibo from wave 2 available for pre-order...
I wonder if they'll update the others? When I checked it before wave 1 was released they allowed you to pre-order all but Pit...

Odd.

I plan on getting all the waves.. already have the 1st wave... Rest in peace wallet... :substitute: T.T
Your wallet fought the good fight... It shall be remembered.

foxyopiumfun

Smash Cadet
I have Marth (don't care to much for it since I won it at a Gamestop tourney)
Getting Mega Man
Lucina Plz T-T.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
'Kay, so so far, I have Marth, Link, Samus and Pikachu.

But by golly, in certain parts of England, Villager is rare. Jeez. I can't find him anywhere.
Can't wait for Wave 3, though. Ike, Sheik, Shulk and Toon Link take priority then.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Ah, okay. My brain somehow forgot that February is special and has less days than the other months. :facepalm:
No problem. It just means we'll be getting the third wave before the 28th (of February) :chuckle:

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm currently debating on whether or not I should get the Little Mac amiibo in the meantime.

Quote420

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quote420
The amiibo I want most is exclusive to a store I don't have for miles. Do stores sell their exclusive amiibo online?

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
What amiibos do you think will be discontinued from Wave 2 as the months go by?

Agro_98

Smash Cadet
NNID
leafsfan98
I can't wait to get a Captain Falcon and Mega Man amiibo, those are the two I will definitely be getting but I might pick up a fox one. Man I wish ice climbers and wolf weren't cut because their amiibos would have been great. Also, I wonder if mewtwo will get an amiibo, probably not since he is DLC but I'm still hoping

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I can't wait to get a Captain Falcon and Mega Man amiibo, those are the two I will definitely be getting but I might pick up a fox one. Man I wish ice climbers and wolf weren't cut because their amiibos would have been great. Also, I wonder if mewtwo will get an amiibo, probably not since he is DLC but I'm still hoping
Pretty sure Mewtwo will be an amiibo,but I really want a Wolf amiibo.

Snugglefox

Smash Rookie
I'm excited! I have 7 amiibo already n they r fun as Hell
Lucky, Nintendo Australia prices them at $25NZD and no retailers are doing any 3 for 2 deals here so I can't easily afford them. Due do the ridiculously excessive packaging they aren't cheap to ship from the US either.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
So I just got an email today from Toys R Us where I have my Pit Amiibo preordered. Apparently the release date has been moved to the 8th of December.
Today's the 10th!

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Lucky, Nintendo Australia prices them at $25NZD and no retailers are doing any 3 for 2 deals here so I can't easily afford them. Due do the ridiculously excessive packaging they aren't cheap to ship from the US either.
I'm sorry to hear ( read ) that.

kylexv

Smash Master
What amiibos do you think will be discontinued from Wave 2 as the months go by?
:4diddy: and :4littlemac:

Not :4luigi::4falcon::4zelda: because they work with other games (Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors).
Not :4pit: because Sakurai bias (and is actually fairly popular).

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I went to Gamestop to preorder the Shulk Amiibo and decided I might as well preorder Rosalina. Turns out she's the only one not listed. Has she been announced a retailer exclusive?

Marthmario

Smash Lord
From what I've heard, the quantity of the new ones are:
  • Common (as herpes): :4zelda:
  • Fairly Common: :4falcon::4luigi:
  • Not rare, but uncommon: :4diddy:
  • Rare: :4littlemac::4pit:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
From what I've heard, the quantity of the new ones are:
  • Common (as herpes): :4zelda:
  • Fairly Common: :4falcon::4luigi:
  • Not rare, but uncommon: :4diddy:
  • Rare: :4littlemac::4pit:
Aw man Pit is rare? Hope my preorder goes through then. Glad I won't have any trouble finding Zelda afterwards at least.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
So I went on Toys R Us' website, and all of the Wave 2 Amiibos except Falcon are missing it seems. I was hoping to preorder them, but has this happened to anyone else?

A google search for them ends up giving a dead link. I really want to capitalize on the buy one get one 40% off deal. :/

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Man, Pit and Captain Falcon look amazing...I'm still on the hunt for Marth though...Bless Nintendo for saying that he might be re-stocked soon.
I went to Gamestop to preorder the Shulk Amiibo and decided I might as well preorder Rosalina. Turns out she's the only one not listed. Has she been announced a retailer exclusive?
Most likely Target, not official yet though. She's definitely not at Best Buy, Walmart, Gamestop, or Toys R Us.

Last edited:

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
So, are the obscure characters really going to be phased out in a year or two? If that's the case Ill worry about getting a hold of the ROB one, being a ROB main, I need this amiibo. I will call it Aniidas Amiibo, and it will be my friend... I may get the Samus and Pikachu amiibos in the meantime, if they are ever available.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Speaking of obscure... Anyone have any luck finding the rare three? I just need Villager ;-;

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
I read last night that. Falcon Mac and pit and luigi are delayed in some retailers until late December .. Also sucks not even a month gone by and Marth and villager are extinct

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I read last night that. Falcon Mac and pit and luigi are delayed in some retailers until late December .. Also sucks not even a month gone by and Marth and villager are extinct
Luckily I got Marth... But I can't find Villager online for nothing less than the 40$ range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom