• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wait for New amiibo: Pit, Captain Falcon, and Luigi, where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I've searched several stores in my area, and literally the only difference I've seen from pre-wave 2 is Zelda. Still just the usual suspects from W1 (Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Peach, and DK) and nothing else.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Guess what guys? I apparently got the only Little Mac at my respective GameStop. :D

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
*still waiting for rob amiibo*
Same boat, eh?

I think Ganondorf is pretty likely cuz of Smash and Hyrule warriors, not to mention potential compatibility with the new Zelda on Wii U.

Idk about Rob, but I'm sure the whole dang smash roster will get an amiibo eventually.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Same boat, eh?

I think Ganondorf is pretty likely cuz of Smash and Hyrule warriors, not to mention potential compatibility with the new Zelda on Wii U.

Idk about Rob, but I'm sure the whole dang smash roster will get an amiibo eventually.
Nintendo has said the entire roster will get an amiibo.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Do you get anything for Zelda in Hyrule Warriors?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Oh. Nice. Could you link an article maybe?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/12/e3-2014-nintendo-on-amiibo-smash-bros-and-custom-figurines
IGN: Will every Smash Bros. Character on the Roster get an amiibo figurine?

Takashi: That's the plan.
Do you get anything for Zelda in Hyrule Warriors?
Yeah, Zelda gets you a high-level weapon IIRC. Also, Link gets you the Spinner from Twilight Princess, and all other Smash amiibo will get you a random prize every day.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Tiny little question about the Shulk amiibo mostly.
So it's a Gamestop exclusive, and it's on the website for America, Canada, Australia (even though it's sold out)etc... But not for Europe, so does this mean they'll just update it later, or does it mean it'll just never come to Europe (which would be even worse than Nintendo's current Amiibo management-honestly why give the threat that they'll disappear even though they're popular?)

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Tiny little question about the Shulk amiibo mostly.
So it's a Gamestop exclusive, and it's on the website for America, Canada, Australia (even though it's sold out)etc... But not for Europe, so does this mean they'll just update it later, or does it mean it'll just never come to Europe (which would be even worse than Nintendo's current Amiibo management-honestly why give the threat that they'll disappear even though they're popular?)
It'll probably come; probably just technical difficulties/communication errors.

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
I honestly didn't think nintendo expected the lesser known amiibo to sell that well compared to ones like mario or link.

My gamestop has at least 2-3 rows of just donkey kong amiibo and 1 row of mario amiibo.

While there is 1 fox, 2 samus, and none of the rare 3 (or any wave 2)

Their amiibo managment needs to be fixed quickly.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/12/e3-2014-nintendo-on-amiibo-smash-bros-and-custom-figurines

Yeah, Zelda gets you a high-level weapon IIRC. Also, Link gets you the Spinner from Twilight Princess, and all other Smash amiibo will get you a random prize every day.
Specifically, Zelda gets you a high level version of any of her weapons that you've unlocked the level 3 variant of from what I've read(I'm not sure what happens if you haven't unlocked any of them as I had all her tier 3 weapons by the time I got her Amiibo and have only used it once so far).

Link gives you a Spinner the first time, but after that, you can get a level 3 version of any of his weapons (possibly not the DLC weapon Epona and I don't have tier 3 great fairy to test that, but I've gotten all the others from my Amiibo).

Pit_Icarus

Smash Apprentice
I've been told by the gamestop that i preordered my Pit amiibo that only half came out (unsure if anybody else was told this), and i've been guaranteed to get it by the end of 2014.

...So, uh, anyone got any good songs to play?

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Worried about Falcon, he is by far the coolest of the 2nd set, and I don't even want to THINK about the Rosalina amiibo yet.

Edigital23

Smash Rookie
NNID
Edigital23
3DS FC
4253-3504-1896
I need Pit. Sticking to the basics. Already have Mario, Mac, Fox, Link. Gunning for DK and Pit tomorrow.

Pale Tuna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sdarian
I'll post if I get a notice from my GameStop. I've got Falcon pre-ordered.
Thanks. Hope to see a post tomorrow morning. xD... Gotta plant myself at a retailer early morning if they do appear to be released tomorrow, while having my brother at another retailer. Really wish I pre-ordered Falcon and Pit. :s

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Thanks. Hope to see a post tomorrow morning. xD... Gotta plant myself at a retailer early morning if they do appear to be released tomorrow, while having my brother at another retailer. Really wish I pre-ordered Falcon and Pit. :s
Yea... Pit's gonna be hard to find. :/

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Worried about Falcon, he is by far the coolest of the 2nd set, and I don't even want to THINK about the Rosalina amiibo yet.
I already pre-ordered her last night. My friend who works at a local toy store might also be able to secure one for me. If that happens, I will do something with the one I have ordered in. Sell it to a fan in need or something.

I recommend pre-ordering from somewhere as early as possible, even if you have to go international. The situation with Target has been abysmal and I just think they are not trustworthy right now.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Picked this up today, going back tomorrow to check for Falcon. Pit should be coming in from Japan soon. I already have Wave 1 except for Wii Fit Trainer, as my Marth will be here for Christmas. All of Wave 2 covered except Falcon.
image.jpg

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Was just coming to post that Luigi is at the Target near me.
But Pit and Falcon are not.
So, clearly they are not exactly the same batch.

SadPandaz

Smash Rookie
Well, it seems Toys R Us just canceled an order of mine. I pre-ordered 3 Amiibos, they where Toon Link, Like and Lucario. All 3 of them where pre-ordered on Nov 24th, so just check your emails to see if any of you guys where canceled on.

It sucks for me because I'm a collecter. I have the rest of them all pre-ordered. So I'm just holding to get lucky when they come out in store now.

Pale Tuna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sdarian
Not sure if it's worth going out this early in the morning to search for Amiibos... I feel that they are all gone due to the excessive online sales.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I got my Falcon Amiibo from this site it seems to have a pretty good stock. it's $27 all together which isn't too bad considering every other site I've gone to is $40 or more
How much was shipping? Last week I tried to get the rare 3 from wave 1 but the shipping costs turned me to a Japanese ebay seller who sold them for $27 shipped for Villager, $27 shipped for Wii Fit Trainer and $32 shipped for Marth.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Mom stopped me before I left for school.

"There was an Amiibo available at 5:00 this morning and I got it"

"Oh yeah, which one?"

"Don't worry about it go to school"

I'm getting my Rosie ^^

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Pit isn't for me. A friend of mine from New York asked for him for Christmas off his family, but due to the fears of him becoming rare, and the fact he hasn't seen any Pits, I was asked to secure one as I more or less have free pickings on these things, especially on release day.

Hopefully I should be able to get even more for myself for Christmas. I might ask for nothing but Amiibos.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well, it seems Toys R Us just canceled an order of mine. I pre-ordered 3 Amiibos, they where Toon Link, Like and Lucario. All 3 of them where pre-ordered on Nov 24th, so just check your emails to see if any of you guys where canceled on.

It sucks for me because I'm a collecter. I have the rest of them all pre-ordered. So I'm just holding to get lucky when they come out in store now.
Same here. Got an email around 2am saying they canceled my Lucario pre-order, though apparently my discounted Luigi order is still going through.

It seems to be a universal thing according to NeoGAF.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955408

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom