• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The updated A.I. is pretty damn awesome.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
They actually do mix-up their DI. Marth, fox, and falco are all almost completely identical to their melee incarnations (certainly in weight and grab boxes), so I think it should be the same as in melee.

I tried it out and found that a lvl 9 Fox/Falco cpu seems to just DI towards the stage from grabs, which is pretty much the same behaviour that lvl 9's do in Melee. Also, the throws aren't similar enough. I thought I remembered someone saying that P:M doesn't emulate Marth's Fox/Falco chain throws very well, and this turned out to be true. I would recommend that the AI, if possible, should try to vary it's DI to make it hard for players to chain throw. This would also make it a VERY nice training tool for P:M players.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I have decided my first crack at AI will be getting squirtle to put his sunglasses on.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
People say that Diddy can wear his glasses during a match, but I have no idea how. Is it the same as Squirtle?

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
may i also suggest that ike use his side b to recover cause COUNTLESS times ive seen him go for a up b and then die cause he was too far away knowing that he wouldve made it back if he used side b no problem

btw i love how ur listening to the community on this i think its great

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
may i also suggest that ike use his side b to recover cause COUNTLESS times ive seen him go for a up b and then die cause he was too far away knowing that he wouldve made it back if he used side b no problem

btw i love how ur listening to the community on this i think its great
I`ve added your suggestion to the document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15DZ6ZQXLXWLS1vzCewZUw2GQPs11zfyMrQy7f_yCFXw/edit#

If you or anyone else has anything else to add feel free to add it there as that is where he is most likely to see it.

EDIT: Added Saito`s suggestion to the list

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

BILL?

Smash Apprentice
Continuing with the FE character recovery suggestions:
Have Roy use sideB to help recover.

At the moment for some reason I can't remember for sure if the Roy CPUs use sideB to help recover, but I'll check it this afternoon.

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
Oh, I hadn't seen that file with the progress, thanks for sharing.
I can't wait 'till you guys release the SD fix. I push the stock count to 10 because my main weakness is landing killmoves, and they still SD 5 times in a match lol

As for actual feedback :
Fox does a lot (and I mean a lot) of fairs when trying to edgeguard me. Most of the time it gets him killed because I tend to recover low.
Marth has these phases when he just starts spamming upB over the stage to get out of combos or whatever. It doesn't even hit, and it gets him punished every time, but he doesn't learn.
Ivysaur doesn't use solar beam when it's charged.

GLHF wizards.

SuperSmashMan70

Smash Cadet
Is anyone good at programing Mario's AI in Project M? Mario's AI does not use its tornado move as frequently as Luigi's AI. Is there anyway to make Mario's AI use it's tornado move as much as Luigi's AI?

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
i dont know anything about coding and how long it takes but does that mean that the patch is gonna be out soon
Well I'm not a PMBR member so I can`t say for sure but as someone who has been here for a while and knows a little bit about coding I will say that the "b" version of 3.0 (meaning nothing but bug fixes and balance patches) will come out in at least a few weeks.

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm not a PMBR member so I can`t say for sure but as someone who has been here for a while and knows a little bit about coding I will say that the "b" version of 3.0 (meaning nothing but bug fixes and balance patches) will come out in at least a few weeks.
sweet, cant wait for all this stuff to b in it its gonna be sweet

BILL?

Smash Apprentice
Suggestion: make Roy use sideB to help recovery.
Played vs lvl 9 Roy on multiple stages, it died several times using up B from too far away when side B would have gotten him close enough to recover.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Suggestion: make Roy use sideB to help recovery.
Played vs lvl 9 Roy on multiple stages, it died several times using up B from too far away when side B would have gotten him close enough to recover.
Added to his list

Shadowtheoriginalone

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadoAnnaru
3DS FC
4528-3417-2533
Switch FC
SW 4317 5992 9594
Not sure if this in particular was touched upon but perhaps help the AI learn that it can...you know...shield to stop charging Neutral B's? And I don't mean when it stands there to charge (though it would be useful there also). I mean when the CPU does a dash jump and charges Neutral B while falling offstage to its doom.

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
Snake is still really loving his plant-a-C4-on-yo-face-and-fly-away-to-blow-it-up strategy.
Don't get me wrong, he plants me mid-combo very skillfully. He just wastes the C4 every ****ing time he gets it planted.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Snake is still really loving his plant-a-C4-on-yo-face-and-fly-away-to-blow-it-up strategy.
Don't get me wrong, he plants me mid-combo very skillfully. He just wastes the C4 every ****ing time he gets it planted.
As someone who has watched Rolex's snake, I can honestly say that if KC gets snake to C4 effectively we are going to have a bad time.

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
As someone who has watched Rolex's snake, I can honestly say that if KC gets snake to C4 effectively we are going to have a bad time.
I'd rather have a bad time than not effectively learn the match up, though.

Edit: appreciate the south park reference btw

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
yes u need to add this to the list KC, make snake not waste his C4 everytime he gets it to stick cause he will run away whether u r ****ing him up or not, he wont stop until he dies or detonates it

Top Bottom